Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,950 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:44 PM

Things We Crucified GEJ For That Hasn't Happened In This Administration - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Things We Crucified GEJ For That Hasn't Happened In This Administration (35375 Views)

Nigerians On Facebook Apologize To GEJ For Voting Against Him In 2015 (photos) / The Things We Crucified GEJ For Which Are Still Happening Under Buhari & MORE / Is There Anything We Crucified GEJ For That Has'nt Happened Under PMB? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things We Crucified GEJ For That Hasn't Happened In This Administration by olahpet777(m): 3:56am On Mar 20, 2018
MORNDEW:

See them, the illiterates am talking about. No level of comprehension, have no clue of any headlines, just rush to a post to comment out of sense. And fellow illiterates will like it. What has these got to do with the topic?
how much were u paid to compose this long piece of garbage undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Things We Crucified GEJ For That Hasn't Happened In This Administration by pokipoki: 8:01am On Mar 20, 2018
MORNDEW:

From the post, does it look like am supporting hardship or clearing an issue? Comprehension matters in life.
Dude, if that's the case, you need to do more critical thinking. Nothing adds up in the write up.

1 Like

Re: Things We Crucified GEJ For That Hasn't Happened In This Administration by wirinet(m): 8:20am On Mar 20, 2018
Cherez:

Not all acts of stealing can be termed corruption.
The challenge here is you view corruption from the Nigerian (mostly) wrong thesarus usage.
A highway robber cannot be treated as corrupt in a court of law but stealing of govt funds by a functionary can be said to be corruption.
Honestly, GEJ was right in his context.
Difference between corruption and stealing involves a lot of misusing public power to ones advantage in the case of corruption

I know you guys can defend Jonathan till death, but it is a big lie that Jonathan was right in the context he said the statement. Jonathan was not lecturing Nigerians thesaurus usage of stealing,

This was what your messiah said;
"There is no corruption but mere stealing in Nigeria”

Even Jonathan in explaining why he said that did not quote thesaurus, he put the blame on the former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Mustapha.

This is his own excuse;

“I made that statement because I quoted the former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Mustapha, (when) I called a meeting then, with the anti-crime organisations and the judiciary.

“The CJN, Mustapha decided to take a look at the files that dealt with corruption and more than 80 per cent of them were just cases of stealing.

Please note the the then chief justice of Nigeria did not come out publicly to defend the statement that stealing is not corruption.
Re: Things We Crucified GEJ For That Hasn't Happened In This Administration by bjayx: 8:41am On Mar 20, 2018
Zonacom:
Mumu! Buhari replaced Boko Haram with Fulani herdsmen
And who told U book haram in not very active now?? because ur media fails to report them all?? Fvck Nigeria
Re: Things We Crucified GEJ For That Hasn't Happened In This Administration by CaptPlanet(m): 9:19am On Mar 20, 2018
Dumbest, most stvpid mothafucka ive never met.
Re: Things We Crucified GEJ For That Hasn't Happened In This Administration by Nobody: 9:25am On Mar 20, 2018
osazsky:
if dem bring rat and buhari I go vote for d rat, even if I know say he fit give me larsa fever after all rat rule this country for some days from aso rock,rat turppled Dis govt
honestly i aint surprised u will rather vote a rat
Re: Things We Crucified GEJ For That Hasn't Happened In This Administration by LordAdam16: 11:01am On Mar 20, 2018
wirinet:

I know you guys can defend Jonathan till death, but it is a big lie that Jonathan was right in the context he said the statement. Jonathan was not lecturing Nigerians thesaurus usage of stealing,

Even Jonathan in explaining why he said that did not quote thesaurus, he put the blame on the former Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Mustapha.

This is his own excuse;

Please note the the then chief justice of Nigeria did not come out publicly to defend the statement that stealing is not corruption.

Liar.

Jonathan never said "there is no corruption but mere stealing in Nigeria."

If he did provide a link where he said that.

This is what he said: “Over 70% of what are called corruption (cases), even by EFCC (Economic and Financial Crimes Commission) and other anti-corruption agencies, is not corruption, but common stealing.”

And then the ICPC boss, Nta, reiterated it by saying, "stealing is erroneously reported as corruption even by educated Nigerians"

You are clearly one of the people Nta was talking about.

Now watch this video and stop lying shamelessly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va32xNXmjd8

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Things We Crucified GEJ For That Hasn't Happened In This Administration by wirinet(m): 12:16pm On Mar 20, 2018
LordAdam16:

Liar.

This is what he said: “Over 70% of what are called corruption (cases), even by EFCC (Economic and Financial Crimes Commission) and other anti-corruption agencies, is not corruption, but common stealing.”

And then the ICPC boss, Nta, reiterated it by saying, "stealing is erroneously reported as corruption even by educated Nigerians"

-Lord

You guys are just attempting to dig your self out of a hole and the hole has grown so big that it has swallowed you guys and you cannot find a way out.

What do you call it when monies allocated for public projects are diverted into private pockets - mere stealing?

What do you call it when monies for projects are inflated by 1000% and the monies are shared between government functionaries and the contractor - mere stealing?

What do you call it when $16 billion dollars is allocated and released for power and not one 1kwatt is added to the national grid - mere stealing?

What do you call it when over N70 million is allocated and paid for design of a website - mere stealing?

What do we call it when billions of dollars is paid as petrol subsidy without any evidence that any ship brought in any petrol - mere stealing?

Maybe that is why nobody is prosecuted for "mere stealing " in Nigeria as should be charged and prosecuted for corruption instead.
Re: Things We Crucified GEJ For That Hasn't Happened In This Administration by LordAdam16: 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2018
wirinet:

[s]You guys are just attempting to dig your self out of a hole and the hole has grown so big that it has swallowed you guys and you cannot find a way out.

What do you call it when monies allocated for public projects are diverted into private pockets - mere stealing?

What do you call it when monies for projects are inflated by 1000% and the monies are shared between government functionaries and the contractor - mere stealing?

What do you call it when $16 billion dollars is allocated and released for power and not one 1kwatt is added to the national grid - mere stealing?

What do you call it when over N70 million is allocated and paid for design of a website - mere stealing?

What do we call it when billions of dollars is paid as petrol subsidy without any evidence that any ship brought in any petrol - mere stealing?

Maybe that is why nobody is prosecuted for "mere stealing " in Nigeria as should be charged and prosecuted for corruption instead.[/s]

Why not you provide a link where Jonathan said "There is no corruption but mere stealing in Nigeria"?

It's a very easy thing to do.

I provided a video where GEJ explained himself logically. Bring your own link where GEJ made the statement you said he made.

LIAR! You think we're still in 2014, when propaganda reigned supreme.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Things We Crucified GEJ For That Hasn't Happened In This Administration by erico2k2(m): 7:27pm On Mar 20, 2018
Bbbbbbbbbbbb:

Clap for yourself bro. You must be the arithmetic man; you add trouble, subtract pleasure, divide attention, and multiply ignorance.

grin I spend all my time in the romance section because that's the most fun part of Nairaland. After working hard and the stress of Lagos (Job, Traffic et al) one needs to unwind and that's why that's the only section I go to fool around and have fun.

Dude I have far better things to do than argue with the likes of you. Continue living in your stupidity cheesy
I yav died grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Things We Crucified GEJ For That Hasn't Happened In This Administration by erico2k2(m): 7:31pm On Mar 20, 2018
LordAdam16:

Liar.

-Lord
Thank you for this Clip, then

1 Like

Re: Things We Crucified GEJ For That Hasn't Happened In This Administration by erico2k2(m): 7:33pm On Mar 20, 2018
wirinet:

You guys are just attempting to dig your self out of a hole and the hole has grown so big that it has swallowed you guys and you cannot find a way out.

Maybe that is why nobody is prosecuted for "mere stealing " in Nigeria as should be charged and prosecuted for corruption instead.
Its called stealing not corruption, this is what all this brahaha is all about.

1 Like

Re: Things We Crucified GEJ For That Hasn't Happened In This Administration by erico2k2(m): 7:35pm On Mar 20, 2018
wirinet:

This is his own excuse;

Bross like dis we still dey wait your clip grin grin
Re: Things We Crucified GEJ For That Hasn't Happened In This Administration by Cherez: 6:40am On Mar 21, 2018
wirinet:

This is his own excuse;

I am tired of people like you who just assume recklessly.
Mind you, I voted PMB against GEJ but the wickedness in this govt by way of the herdsmen's mayhem has made GEJ a saint.
GEJ isn't and can never be my Messiah as he was clueless too.
However, "he was right IN HIS CONTEXT".
STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION is a fact and until you look away from the point it was GEJ who said it, you'd realise the statement is correct on it's own.
That is why our constitution isn't helping matters and the bad politicians are using these loopholes to escape punishment.
Our constitution needs overhauling and clear definition of these terms so prosecution can go on seamlessly.
Until then, criminals as politicians will keep waltzing out of court in freedom.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Davido Performs At Pdp Presidential Campaign Rally, Hails Atiku (Photos) / 2023: Tinubu Lands In Osun, Accompanied By Sen Ajibola Bashir (Picture) / Bayelsa Governor Hires World’s Most Ruthless Hackers For N100M To Hack Computers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.