Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,715 members, 7,840,793 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent - Autos (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent (19316 Views)

My Unfortunate Dealing With the fraudulent FortuneVal / Neaat And Extra Clean Chrysler Pt Cruiser Fomical Body Skin 08169446319 / Fraudulent Activities Of Inspired Autos - Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by chelseabmw(m): 8:15am On May 07, 2010
i feel like tracing this guy right now.I hate fruadsters
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by chelseabmw(m): 8:20am On May 07, 2010
@fhemmmy,
how is buiness.I have being out for a while.Just got back from manchester.am in naija right now.so am back
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by songus: 8:30am On May 07, 2010
No Useable Intel Coming forward, lets close this thread untill the agrieved persons are ready to right the wrong!
I agree with Onwan on this, the evidence so far provided and not corraborated is not enough to label someone a fraud!

A suspicious Character yes, but not fraud!
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by chelseabmw(m): 8:46am On May 07, 2010
Thank God for today.Am alive
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by violent(m): 9:04am On May 07, 2010
The nonchalant attitude that has been displayed towards the thread so far has shown that all parties concerned are only interested in taking us on a ride.

PT consult: refused to respond to  any of the accusations, albeit realizing the gravy consequences!, i'd believe he prob is just a really shady fella who doesn't deserve the patronage of any rational customer.  I doubt if he has scammed anyone yet tho.

RAWE45 & BAFAMS: Taking other members of a forum who are willing and eager to lend a helpful hand for a jolly ride is simply pathetic, you guys really don't deserve our attention, time or energy. It only shows a total lack of credibility on your part.

I'd like to suggest that the administrator has a means of running background checks on dealers as well as have a comprehensive and valid details of anyone that is willing to advertise on this site.
Even though it is buyers beware as claimed, given the fact that the site is a private site, an individual who gets scammed can probably name the admin of the site as an accomplice in a suit
It's really important that we should be careful when having to deal with an anonymous dealer on a big forum as this.
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by Onwan: 9:10am On May 07, 2010
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by chelseabmw(m): 9:49am On May 07, 2010
[size=18pt]THREAD CLOSED![/size]
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by Shock(m): 10:59am On May 07, 2010
Nope, not yet!
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by Onwan: 11:15am On May 07, 2010
Then give us something we can use Bre
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by nyrol(m): 11:39am On May 07, 2010
To everybody that has contributed one or two ideas on this thread, i say well done and may God look after you and all yours. To PT Consult, Rawe, and others i dont give a damn men, if una like make una scam una self to death. I cant imagine honourable pple wasting their time on here trying to resolve issues and those affected not saying anything! even the supposedly scammed, and the scammer- one thing i can deduced is that they arent all serious jo. Abi na de same person dey waste pple time? I no know jo, to hell with them all if they wouldnt come on here and provide info we need in resolving this yeye logjam if there is any at all. To Owan and co well done and happy weekend.
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by Onwan: 11:45am On May 07, 2010
Thanks to you Nyrol, God bless you too. Its all fishy. Now I can understand why the PTC guy kept mute - they are probably not even worth him explaining himself. From the one that rejected a car he himself ordered for (Maybe because of a floor mat or a scratched bumber!) to the one who who is too busy offshore to even remember his username or password. And why the hell they both ordering Hondas from this nigga angry
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by showbobo(m): 12:09pm On May 07, 2010
I Rest My Case Then. . . . . . .
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by Fhemmmy: 12:44pm On May 07, 2010
chelseabmw:

@fhemmmy,
how is buiness.I have being out for a while.Just got back from manchester.am in naija right now.so am back

Chief,
God has been so faithful to us oh. . . . . Welcome back, you were highly missed
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by rawe45: 11:25pm On May 07, 2010
I am sorry I haven't said anything since this topic started, I was out of town and i could access the internet, twas why i asked Beecrofty to reply on my behalf,

Well, I had a deal with PTconsults for the '05 Accord Hybrid and till this moment, he's been giving different excuses for delay in delivery and even yesterday, my link in Lagos contacted him on phone and he promised to get back to him today to make arrangements for pickup but till now he has refused to answer his calls and even mine when i called him,

I would have taken this up myself but what can i do when I'm so far from Lagos,,,, I will be glad if you can all come to my aid.

Thanks,

I'm open to Questions and Criticisms
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by Onwan: 11:31pm On May 07, 2010
OK Rawe45
When was your agreed delivery time due for?
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by rawe45: 11:37pm On May 07, 2010
the delivery date was initially meant to be 21st of April since then he's always giving an excuse of either making a delivery in Kano, Enugu, and atimes he'd say he collapsed and was hospitalised!
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by Onwan: 11:59pm On May 07, 2010
Thanks for that response;

Default understanding (In my own view) should be that there can ordinarily be delays in service deliveries, however the manner of communicating the delays to an eager/anxious customer can spell a lot - This will also make PTC understand that no one is victimizing anyone here, we are only after a fair and very peaceful end to all this.

So kindly let us have the following details;

1. What means did you at first start communicating with PTC by?, email?, Phone numbers? physical contact?, Please give us these numbers, emails and place of contact (IF any actual physical meetings)

2. Was the vehicle in Nigeria before you ordered OR overseas?

3. IF Overseas (which I assume so) - did you pick the vehicle OR did he give you like a brochure or a list of available ones and you made your choice from the ones OR he gave you a single option online and you made the choice?

4. Was it an auction site vehicle or an Auto trade site OR his own directly sourced option?

5. Did he give you details of the vehicle; like current (at that time) location of vehicle, VIN, Engine number, etc ?

6. After payment - Did you get a shipment confirmation? - like communicating to you that the vehicle has been shiped on a particular date with a possible landing timing - did he tell you or you had to ask? was there any email to inform you?

7. Was landing ever confirmed to you? did you have to ask OR he communicated the successful landing to you?

8. Did you know anything about clearing?, out of port thing and all that?

When did the break in communication start?
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by rawe45: 12:43am On May 08, 2010
1.  Email, then phone,  I never bothered about seeing him for two reasons (a) I was sick so i couldn't travel to lagos (b) based on Trust since there has never been any reported Fraud/Scam on here

ptconsults@yahoo.com, 07040982271

2. Overseas, 

3.  I chose the one he advertised here on NL

4. According to him; from www.autosdirect.com

5.Yea, VIN: JHMCN36415C005433

6.  Yea, he told me it was shipped with GLADSTONE or whatever something around 26th of March and that the delivery date he gave was 18th April

7. Yea, and i asked for the pics but nothing came from him due to the volme of the pics( according to him)

8. The only thing i know abt "clearing" was whenever he calls, he tells me he's calling from port and there was a time he claimed he met German007 at the port

9. It's always been on and off since the day he told me the Car was ready for clearing
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by Busybody2(f): 8:30am On May 08, 2010
MESSAGE TO ONWAN - SELF APPOINTED INSPECTOR GADGET/DANGERMOUSE OF NAIRALAND

RE; RAWE45

Beecrofty answered some of your query on behalf of rawe45 and left the bit about whether the car had been delivered by ptconsult hanging, now rawe45 eventually came online, shouldn't that have been the first thing you should have asked him to clarify undecided Yet no, you ask him another 1001 question without asking him this pertinent question undecided

RE; BAFAMS

Now some certain peeps are frothing at the mouth that Bafams is nowhere to be seen, where were y'all when for 5 days he was lamenting about the loss of his car/money yet no one came to his aid undecided Is it preposterous to assume that he's just counted his losses and shruggged off his shoulders and moved on?

Moreover why ain't you doing nowt about the easily verifiable information German007 helpfully provided about car still being advertised and bidded for on ebay after Bafams had paid in full undecided

The VIN number of both cars have been provided hence these transaction can be easily traced, and it has been done before in this section e.g. A car dealer was accused about a couple of years ago that the car he had listed as sold was still seen in the forecourt of a US car dealer, and this aggrieved dealer was able to absolve himself and prove his credibility, by providing details and proof of payment. We have also had instances whereby cars listed as sold, shipped, enroute to Nigeria had been discovered to have been bought and shipped to Eastern Europe during the same period claimed, so what gives undecided undecided undecided

NB
THIS BETTER NOT BE ONE OF THOSE THREADS cheap good publicity stunt but detrimental to upcoming or small scale dealers OPENED TO PLUG ONLY SOME CERTAIN DEALERS AS HONEST, TRUSTWORTHY AND ALL THOSE BALDERDASH OTHERWISE Y'ALL WOULD GET IT angry  angry angry angry
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by Onwan: 10:41am On May 08, 2010
@Rawe45

First of all, Its very commendable to note that you and him started off on a very good grounds and that he had been calling you to update you on steps. However its standard for some dealers here to update the shipping online where IF any delay, people can ask questions and some can even explain on his behalf of a similar experience.

Look at the 3 Series BMW by German007 or the Highlander by Inspired - they kept updating the transaction thread; you will notice that their shipping time alone might have been longer than you had waited alltogether BUT for the negligence on PTC's part to update on the web (@ PTC: Thats not a very good business approach since that transparency or online update would make ANY other intending buyer want to go your way).

For the pictures; I dont think its very important to have the picture of the vehicle on-board or in transit - as delivery to the dock and all that is handled by usually a different company.

If he called you when the vehicle came in OR when clearing, then its 70% likely the deal had been and is on course - what I see is a bottleneck in one of two things; clearing and communications between the two of you.

I beleive that his kind of person; that wont update a thread by which he met you in the first place requires you knowing that you need to pay attention to details of how he does things with you (except you insisted he should not do that - exclusivity). From the forum I know of dealers who will keep it real with you and at the same time confidential - like Dantitiki, German007, Kunle-A, Inspired, you only need to see their threads to know.

This was a very good opportunity for PTC to click himself up to an importer on nairaland by having at least you on his "CV".

For now, I would appeal to PTC with apologies to kindly pick Rawe45's calls or talk to him and try and get this things solved exclusively OR at least drop a line here. The cost of the car itself wont make him or Rawe45 and it will be a very bad thing IF that kind of money will be what will tarnish his image.

As a business man, I know circumstances would come up to challenge one BUT its always a learning phase - thats why people like Inspired and German007 would update online - its not because its what they would do ordinarily, its probably some very bitter or uncomfortable instances that thought them to better have it that way or risk their integrity.

PTC, a delay from April to May wont kill anyone - I paid to nairaexchanger.com for service parts (A and B) for one of my cars to order from ebay.co.uk; their advert reads 10 days delivery ON nairaland its been over 6 weeks now and just yesterday the things came in, the guy's number is 07037721896, he never switched off for one day BUT always sounded frustrated and helpless, I never went back to that thread, I have never seen him before and probably never will BUT once this things are delivered today, tomorrow or monday, I have sooooo many things I have already bookmarked Im buying through him immediately worth at least 14,200 - he told me he had to fire their courier, he only sent me one apology and free delivery email and when he promised to call he wont BUT never switched off on me for once.

Please understand that most of us are business people here and probably understand some factors than you even do in that auto business, we learn, you learn - thats the beauty of the forum.

Please respect the plea and get things sorted. It gets easier that way.
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by violent(m): 10:52am On May 08, 2010
^^^

I wouldn't want to believe you have a personal stake with PT consult or with his business in any form, because your responses so far makes me doubt your sense of judgment over these particular issue.  From all indications, it looks as if you are more interested in providing excuses for PTC's shortcomings, and for the sake of fairness, that wouldn't be acceptable.

Its of no use to put on kid's gloves when people's money is at stake, and more importantly, it's also embarrassing that PT consult looks as if he doesn't give a damn about the thread.  Silence on his part is only an acceptance of guilt don't you think? The dude is alleged to have collected money for a product based on trust and he failed to deliver it on an agreed date, it's only for the sake of integrity that he keeps the buyer in the loop, and in the very least, let him return the guy's money!

Asking him to "pls pick up his call" is rubbish, it is his responsibility to do so.

I wouldn't advise patience on this issue, if indeed PT consult is a scam as being portrayed here, a delay will only get him further away from our grip.
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by violent(m): 11:06am On May 08, 2010
[size=16pt]THE THREAD IS OFFICIALLY RE-OPENED![/size]
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by bookface: 11:37am On May 08, 2010
Can it be safely assumed that PTC's negligence to this issue and his "I don't care" attitude be an indication that he really is a scam and somewhere in the corner of his dirty mind he's laughing his heart out for milking others of their hard earned cash?

How exactly do we proceed from here?

anyone with the guy's picture? i can really help with some "Wanted" posters.

I can also help if you need anyone to spam Nairaland with such Posters, all it takes is opening a new thread in each section.

and just in case you are wandering, i'm prepared to do it all for free! Let's just get that scamming son of a bítch
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by Shock(m): 11:58am On May 08, 2010
[center]The simple lesson is

IF YOU WANT TO BUY A RIDE GET URSELF DOWN TO A DEALER'S SHOW ROOM, FEEL and TOUCH the car before paying $$$$

Don't let all those pictures you see online deceive you.  Because someone is a Nairaland Autos dealer doesn't mean he can be trusted

Infact, after this, Nairaland Autos is a no go area! when i can get the same quality out there and ride my baby home with me[/center]

Money is not always easy to come by, only to get scammed by scumbags
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by Busybody2(f): 12:32pm On May 08, 2010
rawe45:

1. Email, then phone, I never bothered about seeing him for two reasons (a) I was sick so i couldn't travel to lagos (b) based on Trust since there has never been any reported Fraud/Scam on here

ptconsults@yahoo.com, 07040982271

2. Overseas,

3. I chose the one he advertised here on NL

4. According to him; from www.autosdirect.com

5.Yea, VIN: JHMCN36415C005433

6. Yea, he told me it was shipped with GLADSTONE or whatever something around 26th of March and that the delivery date he gave was 18th April

7. Yea, and i asked for the pics but nothing came from him due to the volme of the pics( according to him)

8. The only thing i know abt "clearing" was whenever he calls, he tells me he's calling from port and there was a time he claimed he met German007 at the port

9. It's always been on and off since the day he told me the Car was ready for clearing

Onwan:

@Rawe45

First of all, Its very commendable to note that you and him started off on a very good grounds and that he had been calling you to update you on steps. However its standard for some dealers here to update the shipping online where IF any delay, people can ask questions and some can even explain on his behalf of a similar experience.

Look at the 3 Series BMW by German007 or the Highlander by Inspired - they kept updating the transaction thread; you will notice that their shipping time alone might have been longer than you had waited alltogether BUT for the negligence on PTC's part to update on the web (@ PTC: Thats not a very good business approach since that transparency or online update would make ANY other intending buyer want to go your way).

For the pictures; I dont think its very important to have the picture of the vehicle on-board or in transit - as delivery to the dock and all that is handled by usually a different company.

If he called you when the vehicle came in OR when clearing, then its 70% likely the deal had been and is on course - what I see is a bottleneck in one of two things; clearing and communications between the two of you.

I beleive that his kind of person; that wont update a thread by which he met you in the first place requires you knowing that you need to pay attention to details of how he does things with you (except you insisted he should not do that - exclusivity). From the forum I know of dealers who will keep it real with you and at the same time confidential - like Dantitiki, German007, Kunle-A, Inspired, you only need to see their threads to know.

This was a very good opportunity for PTC to click himself up to an importer on nairaland by having at least you on his "CV".

For now, I would appeal to PTC with apologies to kindly pick Rawe45's calls or talk to him and try and get this things solved exclusively OR at least drop a line here. The cost of the car itself wont make him or Rawe45 and it will be a very bad thing IF that kind of money will be what will tarnish his image.

As a business man, I know circumstances would come up to challenge one BUT its always a learning phase - thats why people like Inspired and German007 would update online - its not because its what they would do ordinarily, its probably some very bitter or uncomfortable instances that thought them to better have it that way or risk their integrity.

PTC, a delay from April to May wont kill anyone - I paid to nairaexchanger.com for service parts (A and B) for one of my cars to order from ebay.co.uk; their advert reads 10 days delivery ON nairaland its been over 6 weeks now and just yesterday the things came in, the guy's number is 07037721896, he never switched off for one day BUT always sounded frustrated and helpless, I never went back to that thread, I have never seen him before and probably never will BUT once this things are delivered today, tomorrow or monday, I have sooooo many things I have already bookmarked Im buying through him immediately worth at least 14,200 - he told me he had to fire their courier, he only sent me one apology and free delivery email and when he promised to call he wont BUT never switched off on me for once.

Please understand that most of us are business people here and probably understand some factors than you even do in that auto business, we learn, you learn - thats the beauty of the forum.

Please respect the plea and get things sorted. It gets easier that way.

shocked shocked shocked WHAT MY EYES WOULD NOT SEE shocked shocked shocked ONE MIINUTE CAR WAS DELIVERED, DRIVEN FOR TWO DAYS, NOW THE CULPRIT HAS NOT DELIVERED BUT IS INSTEAD MAKING EXCUSES AND NOT PIUCKING HIS CALLS undecided undecided undecided

SEE WHAT MY BELOVED AUTO SECTION HAS BEEN TURNED INTO embarassed cry A HAVEN FOR ROUGES AND UNDESIRABLE ELEMENTS lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by Robotica: 1:22pm On May 08, 2010
;d
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by Onwan: 1:31pm On May 08, 2010
@Robotica
Thats a very good observation BUT I think its fair we let any new dealer have their chance of patronage as any other; its left to the buyer or intending buyer to learn from comments and observations and be able to lay down the transaction rules.

There are so many people out there, both in Nigeria and overseas that have access to vehicles - even at strikingly cheaper prices than we are used to here, we should let them have their chances also - buyers are only cautioned to be strict on terms and conditions and dealers should also update transactions openly to enhance transparency and confidence.

This is my own view.

Also, personally I do not believe PTC's case with Rawe45 is hopeless, I believe it will be sorted out shortly.
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by texazzpete(m): 2:44pm On May 08, 2010
Interesting.
There was a guy called ittechvents that scammed a whole lot of people in the Gaming and Technology Market sections out of money for game consoles. At least 3 people were scammed.

Ptconsult went around ALL ittechvent's posts claiming that ittechvent was reliable and trustworthy and had delivered two phones and a laptop to him over the last 6 months. It was this glowing recommendation that made those gullible people to place trust in ittechvent, who took their dough and vanished
See an example of one glowing referral for the crook ittechvent
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=387226.msg5381953#msg5381953

Another fellow who conveniently happened to provide a glowing recommendation for ittechvent was none other than one etinvest who dropped off the air as soon as the ittechvent scammer absconded.
Etinvest and ptconsult provided positive referrals for ittechvent two minutes apart on January 25th. Etinvest vanished as soon as i confronted him with being one and the same person as ittechvent.

Etinvest and ptconsult share similar interests.

IMHO, Ptconsult is one to be avoided!

I have long suspected that ptconsult and ittechvent are either the same odious fellow, or are in cahoots!
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by Shock(m): 3:03pm On May 08, 2010
Robotica:

House, Don't know if youv noticed There is someone new I’v observed on the autosection. There is a  new guy called AGARIautos. There is something PTConsulty about him,  He registered few days after ptconsults last logon date…His car pictures seem to be very similar to the location of pictures of pt consults cars,  for someone new, who is offering pre-orders  to know the process of pre-orders so well… is he ptconsults re-incarnated?  Different and well presented writing manner though, but for all we know he might be an acomplice of Ptconsult or PTConsult himself. Are they out on the Hunt again?. Could the PTconsults cartel be seeking to damage NL Autos reputation and milk innocent buyers?,  and  damage the reputation and business of trustworthy dealers like fhemmy, kunle, inspired, bizbooks,dantikiki,  emperoh, german007 and viperman?,  by building sudden weariness and fear amongst visitors to this site?

MY INSTINCTS NEVER LEADS ME WRONG.

Below are his threads for infinity’s
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-440327.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-440327.0.html

PTconsults himself during his active days here had the below threads for very similar cars,  “Infinity’s” AND Cars located in Texas.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-416873.32.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-419079.0.html

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-419077.0.html

Agariautos,  No disrespect or offence meant If you are indeed who you say you are, an authentic, honest dealer.

All we are doing here is protecting the interest of this section.

We implore to prove yourself in the interest of this section.

yeah, it looks as though the dude has taken a newer variant.
Very soon, Nairaland will be identified as a site famous for Fraudulent activities
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by gestapo(f): 3:09pm On May 08, 2010
Call AGARIautos to arrest PTconsult

the oracle has spoken again.

Cheers

G
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by Shock(m): 3:11pm On May 08, 2010
gestapo:

Call AGARIautos to arrest PTconsult

the oracle has spoken again.

Cheers

G

lol
Re: PT Consult alleged to be Fraudulent by gestapo(f): 3:20pm On May 08, 2010
0808-313-5006

FOR THOSE IN NIGERIA, YOU CAN CALL THAT NUMBER TO ARREST PTCONSULT

Cheers

G

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Toyota 4Runner 1998 ₦ 550,000 Negotiable / »»» Sold!! Toks Hyundai Tucson 05 @ N2.1M Non Ngotiable ««« / Auto Section Library: All Discussion Threads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.