Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,241 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos (42151 Views)

60 Migrants Feared Drowned Crossing Mediterranean From Libya / Nigerians Who Returned From Abroad: Any Regret? / "I Was Deceived By My Friend"; Nigerian Lady Who Returned From Libya. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by lereinter(m): 8:45pm On Mar 19, 2018
this is a rare african woman
despite the ups and down she stayed with her husband
looking critically at the pics shows she's an Angel

4 Likes

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by Princedapace(m): 8:46pm On Mar 19, 2018
sanpipita:

Libya's case is understandable, they were good before Gadaffi was overthrown then civil war started, what exactly is Nigeria's excuse? I won't be surprised if electricity in Libya is still better than here

My brother. As we speak now, Libyans still enjoy stable electricity, Libyans still buy fuel as a be low cost, foods are still cheap there. Infracstrucural wise, Libya is far ahead of most African countries. Unfortunately, some criminal elements took advantage of the unrest there but that is in some pasts. Few parts. Libya is stabilizing gradually. Those who go there illegally are suffering becus they keep hiding from police. This man who posted that Nigeria is better than Libya has never been to Ghana sef! My brother Libya better pass naija by far.

2 Likes

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by Oyaziwolo: 8:48pm On Mar 19, 2018
Hmmmmm
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by afroxyz: 8:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
Aderewah:
Nigerians refuse to think. If Canadians and Americans didn't persevere and build their country, I wonder where Nigerians will flee too. We lay blames on buhari without ever blaming ourselves for the uselessness of the country. It is all our faults. Nigerians is not suffering from bad leadership. We are suffering from bad followership.

Thanks for giving me a topic for my next article
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by Nobody: 8:52pm On Mar 19, 2018
Aderewah:
Nigerians refuse to think. If Canadians and Americans didn't persevere and build their country, I wonder where Nigerians will flee too. We lay blames on buhari without ever blaming ourselves for the uselessness of the country. It is all our faults. Nigerians is not suffering from bad leadership. We are suffering from bad followership.
It is both leadership and followership. for example ordinary Nigerians find it generally difficult to speak the truth at all times, difficult for them to follow the law and order, always looking for short cut in all things and can be very desperate to make at all cost

3 Likes

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by afroxyz: 8:53pm On Mar 19, 2018
Princedapace:

My brother. As we speak now, Libyans still enjoy stable electricity, Libyans still buy fuel as a be low cost, foods are still cheap there. Infracstrucural wise, Libya is far ahead of most African countries. Unfortunately, some criminal elements took advantage of the unrest there but that is in some pasts. Few parts. Libya is stabilizing gradually. Those who go there illegally are suffering becus they keep hiding from police. This man who posted that Nigeria is better than Libya has never been to Ghana sef! My brother Libya better pass naija by far.

You must be living in dream Land to have said this

3 Likes

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by Uguruzik(m): 8:54pm On Mar 19, 2018
Asowari:
my sister God bless u cause u type nothing b
ut the truth
Nigeria can never be built, in fact no one is even building anything here even you. Americans agreed to stay together no forced. There is justice in America, no such in Nigeria. American politicians don't steal money to other countries. There are no killer Fulanis herdsmen there my brother, if anyone kills in America he faces the law, but in Nigeria a Fulani man has license to kill and nothing will happen. Nigeria is a shit hole, it can't be compared with Canada and America

2 Likes

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by Wisebisho: 8:58pm On Mar 19, 2018
Aderewah:
Objection please. You can blame yourself together with Buhari, no carry me join abeg.

3 Likes

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by nairalanduseles: 8:59pm On Mar 19, 2018
Jochabed:
No matter how UGLY the situation in Nigeria is,its still by FAR!! Better than Libya

there is nothing like far better
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by Uguruzik(m): 9:01pm On Mar 19, 2018
Aderewah:
RUBBISH, DON'T EVER MENTION AMERICA AND CANADA WHEN TALKING ABOUT A SHIT HOLE LIKE NIGERIA. NO ONE CAN BUILD NIGERIA, NOT ONE IS EVEN TRYING TO BUILD IT.

1 Like

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by lereinter(m): 9:03pm On Mar 19, 2018
Aderewah:

i disagree the bad fellowership is due to the bad leadership who has made people think with their belly

2 Likes

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by Achillesdam500(m): 9:03pm On Mar 19, 2018
Dakun if I am opportune to stowaway to Cyprus today..
Off I go niyen
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by DICKtator: 9:07pm On Mar 19, 2018
Aderewah:

Really?

Do you really mean that Canadian and American part?

You do know if a Native American read/saw this, he/she might be offended?

You do know that Trump (German Trumpf ) and Obama (Kenyan) might find this laughable?
You do know that a lot of Immigrants from India run Canada?
Have you seen Trudeau's cabinet? You do know that they are mostly immigrants form different part of the world?
Because you were born in a certain place doesn't mean that you must be there for life. Even Abraham moved, Joseph moved ( I know his bones went back to Israel ) and he became 2nd in command in Egypt ( never possible today, well Cohen, the real "James Bond" almost did it in Syria (?)

So you had better change your mindset and be more open to possibilities than confining yourself to a space that may not be working for you!

grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 19, 2018
Uguruzik:

Nigeria can never be built, in fact no one is even building anything here even you. Americans agreed to stay together no forced. There is justice in America, no such in Nigeria. American politicians don't steal money to other countries. There are no killer Fulanis herdsmen there my brother, if anyone kills in America he faces the law, but in Nigeria a Fulani man has license to kill and nothing will happen. Nigeria is a shit hole, it can't be compared with Canada and America
and who are u telling is it me? u can't convinced me Nigerians is like this because of people like u, the funny thing is that this countries u mentioned are all tired of Nigerians invading there country. u.s and Canada was once like Nigerian, but they fix it they didn't run frm it.
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by introvertedsoul: 9:12pm On Mar 19, 2018
Its a LIE!
This guy is an infiltrator he is not from ENUGU!
He is an Aboki muslim terrorist and infiltrator.
Send him to the North.
Alfred Jr, no Igbo name ?
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by coputa(m): 9:13pm On Mar 19, 2018
Jochabed:
No matter how UGLY the situation in Nigeria is,its still by FAR!! Better than Libya
How?
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 19, 2018
lereinter:

this is a rare african woman

despite the ups and down she stayed with her husband

looking critically at the pics shows she's an Angel
What is rare there especially in a place like libya. She was better off staying with the man
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by Okoyeebos: 9:20pm On Mar 19, 2018
For those illegal immigrants and those planning to go the Libya route, the EU is paying the Libyan coastguard and militia to hunt you illegal immigrants like wild animals.

When Gadaffi was alive, he refused turning back illegal immigrants to Libya. According to him, once the illegal immigrants weren't caught in Libya, they can't be deported to Libya.

If you're caught off the coast of Libya, you're going back to Libya to face hell. Mind you, the international aid agencies can't help you off the coast of Libya until you're on the intercontinental shelf. Even at that, most foreign governments and charities have stopped operating humanitarian ships for migrants.

For those wishing to go the Libyan route, please reconsider it.

1 Like

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by Aboguede(m): 9:25pm On Mar 19, 2018
To do what.
They provoke you

madridguy:
I can help you with South Sudan visa

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by AFONJAPIG(m): 9:33pm On Mar 19, 2018
brother welcome to hell fire... th Nigeria you knw then is no longer the Nigeria u knw today... enjoy ur stay in shithole

1 Like

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 19, 2018
Stay Home! D questn is: where's home??
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 19, 2018
Aderewah:

I doubt if you have ever experienced the real "hard knock life".
If you have then you won't blame this couple or anybody else. Am I saying they justified? No!. You do not truly know what it is to be truly hopeless, filled with darkness. Nothing seems to align despite what you throw at life. You truly don't know. You have always had it easy with your old folks(Dad or mum subsidizing everything for you). You truly don't know pain and frustration that is so awful that your very logical reasoning is blinded. You would do anything to survive.

Most of the successful people you call "Canadians&Americans" came from immigrant families.

Why are they mostly successful than the very indigenous people of that society?
Simple. They and their parents migrated from a society that limited and stagnated their true potentials. Now they exposed to a society where things really work. Where you can really achieve success if you just put in a little of the hard work they put in a society like ours but still get to experience no true growth.

They see that the Indigenes of these First World don't understand the value of the "awesome" system they have and Boom! the immigrants succeed against all odds. Something normally that won't happen for them in their original countries. This is not just a Nigerian thing. Look at the Indians too. See how they migrate out. People like Anik Signal, Gary V, Obama, etc would have not been the success story they are if they were in their original locales.

4 Likes

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by Pat081: 9:38pm On Mar 19, 2018
Jochabed:
my dear sister Nigeria is better than dem now but not like b4 dat every body dat is in Libya living like a king ooooo
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by Tajbol4splend(m): 9:41pm On Mar 19, 2018
Aderewah:

You deserve 10 bottles of honourable, 9 cans of bullet, 8 bottles of alomo, 7 bottles of champagne, 6 bottles of hennessy and 5 bottles of dry gin.
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by uuzba(m): 9:41pm On Mar 19, 2018
gaskiyamagana:

..with this set of leaders and leadership?

If you remove all the leaders in Nigeria...
And remove all the followers...
And the land is empty....

Foreigners will come right here and turn this very same land into the foreign land that you want to run to.
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by uuzba(m): 9:45pm On Mar 19, 2018
JimaeChinko:

I doubt if you have ever experienced the real "hard knock life".
If you have then you won't blame this couple or anybody else. Am I saying they justified? No!. You do not truly know what it is to be truly hopeless, filled with darkness. Nothing seems to align despite what you throw at life. You truly don't know. You have always had it easy with your old folks(Dad or mum subsidizing everything for you). You truly don't know pain and frustration that is so awful that your very logical reasoning is blinded. You would do anything to survive.

Most of the successful people you call "Canadians&Americans" came from immigrant families.

Why are they mostly successful than the very indigenous people of that society?
Simple. They and their parents migrated from a society that limited and stagnated their true potentials. Now they exposed to a society where things really work. Where you can really achieve success if you just put in a little of the hard work they put in a society like ours but still get to experience no true growth.

They see that the Indigenes of these First World don't understand the value of the "awesome" system they have and Boom! the immigrants succeed against all odds. Something normally that won't happen for them in their original countries. This is not just a Nigerian thing. Look at the Indians too. See how they migrate out. People like Anik Signal, Gary V, Obama, etc would have not been the success story they are if they were in their original locales.

The Indians that migrated out are making it outside.
India itself and all the people that remained behind, are better than Nigeria.
We need to fix our nation.
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by joshrare(m): 9:46pm On Mar 19, 2018
Jochabed:

lybia wasn't their destination
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by emoa2002(m): 9:47pm On Mar 19, 2018
Aderewah:
Look its all about leadership, most of them travel out to see and enjoy the good things other leaders like them did for their own country but bluntly refuse to replicate such where they rule because of corruption, rather they prefer sending their children there to study.

1 Like

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by Nobody: 9:48pm On Mar 19, 2018
uuzba:

The Indians that migrated out are making it outside.
India itself and all the people that remained behind, are better than Nigeria.
We need to fix our nation.

You think so?
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by adidison(m): 9:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
Aderewah:

Not suffering from bad leadership? We are suffering from bad followership?!?!?!?!?! I don't think so. More bad leadership IMHO. You say Canadians and Americans persevered and built their country, true but it started from good leaders who had a vision with interest of the followers. So the leadership and followership made sense, in fact they celebrate some of their followers (heroes) till today and talk about them in schools.

So Madam please tell me who created the Nigerian national anthem and Nigerian flag, use your church mind don't google it. I can bet my life that the president all the way down to the least politician in Nigeria dont even know or send. So you think followers won't look out for themselves e.g. go to a country (not these Arab countries) where if they work hard can enjoy what the citizens are enjoying?

But I get your point, you will rather stay in Nigeria to persevere and build the country with Saraki, Atiku and FFK than go to America or Canada because you are a good followers. Lols

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mother Of Two, Hassana Usman Dies In Airforce Helicopter Crash (Photo) / Eko Atlantic City. . Construction Update July 2010 / Governor Abiodun Constructs Sango Ota-Ijoko Road; Reconstructs Ota Tollgate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.