Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,181 members, 7,953,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:44 PM

'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos (42295 Views)

60 Migrants Feared Drowned Crossing Mediterranean From Libya / Nigerians Who Returned From Abroad: Any Regret? / "I Was Deceived By My Friend"; Nigerian Lady Who Returned From Libya. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by emoa2002(m): 9:52pm On Mar 19, 2018
[quote author=Aderewah post=65980776]Nigerians refuse to think. If Canadians and Americans didn't persevere and build their country, I wonder where Nigerians will flee too. We lay blames on buhari without ever blaming ourselves for the uselessness of the country. It is all our faults. Nigerians is not suffering from bad leadership. We are suffering from bad followership.[/quote

Look its all about leadership, most of them travel out to see and enjoy the good things other leaders like them did for their own country but bluntly refuse to replicate such where they rule because of corruption, rather they prefer sending their children there to study.

1 Like

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by coputa(m): 9:52pm On Mar 19, 2018
Aderewah:
Nigerians refus :Pe to think. If Canadians and Americans didn't persevere and build their country, I wonder where Nigerians will flee too. We lay blames on buhari without ever blaming ourselves for the uselessness of the country. It is all our faults. Nigerians is not suffering from bad leadership. We are suffering from bad followership.
A good leader makes a good follower.Followers look up to their leaders as role models,the resources of the state is managed by the leaders,if it is well managed,the followers rejoices.Those western countries that have gone to the moon,went there with a good plan and proper execution propelled by their leaders,but in your country, Nigeria,the case is different,the leaders are lords while the followers are slaves,in such an arrangement,misunderstandingchaos and mayhem is the order of the day.Don't just post comment,reason how it works.

2 Likes

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by maasoap(m): 9:56pm On Mar 19, 2018
Aderewah:
Nigerians refuse to think. If Canadians and Americans didn't persevere and build their country, I wonder where Nigerians will flee too. We lay blames on buhari without ever blaming ourselves for the uselessness of the country. It is all our faults. Nigerians is not suffering from bad leadership. We are suffering from bad followership.
I don't know how you managed to convince yourself that part. There is lack of opportunities and high rate of unemployment in the land because administrators of our common wealth refused to use it for good and betterment of all. It was looting upon looting, diversion upon diversion, mismanagement upon mismanagement. And the last time I checked, leaders are the same as administrators.

1 Like

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by adidison(m): 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2018
introvertedsoul:
Its a LIE!
This guy is an infiltrator he is not from ENUGU!
He is an Aboki muslim terrorist and infiltrator.
Send him to the North.
Alfred Jr, no Igbo name ?

Inside the whole thing that was written it is the name that is paining you? So he can not decide to stay in Enugu as a Nigerian? Relax now, look at him as a human 1st, then Nigerian before you think about Igbo or Alfred, Yinka, Chibuzor or Musa.
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by coputa(m): 10:01pm On Mar 19, 2018
It will take Nigeria about three hundred years to get to where Libya is today.Nigeria economic matrix has defy all economic theories.
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by Kingzy4pep(m): 10:12pm On Mar 19, 2018
Jochabed:
No matter how UGLY the situation in Nigeria is,its still by FAR!! Better than Libya
But hope you are aware that during Gaddafi's era, Libya had the best economy in Africa.

1 Like

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by coputa(m): 10:14pm On Mar 19, 2018
fk001:
Stay in your country and make it....
How van you make it in a country when there are no structures in place:no good road,electricity,good healthcare system and above all good education,all these does not exist in the giant of Africa.
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by nonix22(m): 10:36pm On Mar 19, 2018
chronique:
Lol. Personally, I think people without class and with low self esteem, are the ones who get desperate to the point of traveling through desert to Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, etc, to get into Europe. If you must travel to Europe, get a visa, a flight ticket,and travel like a normal human being. Not the one where you'd wear one cloth for several days,trekking through desert and eventually being packed like sardine on a boat to cross the sea. I know some people who have gone to Europe like this and their hustle over there is prostitution and drug dealing. Fact is that, most of these immigrants are aware of what obtains over there but most won't admit openly that they knew,so you won't see them as irresponsible.
Another good post to end the night. Na ur Papa born you.

1 Like

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by ArinzeRaph: 10:53pm On Mar 19, 2018
Aderewah:
Nigerians refuse to think. If Canadians and Americans didn't persevere and build their country, I wonder where Nigerians will flee too. We lay blames on buhari without ever blaming ourselves for the uselessness of the country. It is all our faults. Nigerians is not suffering from bad leadership. We are suffering from bad followership.
Dey there dey yarn gabage. Nigeria is a burning hell and that is just the truth. Nigeria cannot be built to anything good by any body. The truth is that, people who are not related in any angle cannot form a successful country. Nigeria would still remain what it is in hundreds of years to come.
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by oladayo63(m): 10:55pm On Mar 19, 2018
JimaeChinko:

I doubt if you have ever experienced the real "hard knock life".
If you have then you won't blame this couple or anybody else. Am I saying they justified? No!. You do not truly know what it is to be truly hopeless, filled with darkness. Nothing seems to align despite what you throw at life. You truly don't know. You have always had it easy with your old folks(Dad or mum subsidizing everything for you). You truly don't know pain and frustration that is so awful that your very logical reasoning is blinded. You would do anything to survive.

Most of the successful people you call "Canadians&Americans" came from immigrant families.

Why are they mostly successful than the very indigenous people of that society?
Simple. They and their parents migrated from a society that limited and stagnated their true potentials. Now they exposed to a society where things really work. Where you can really achieve success if you just put in a little of the hard work they put in a society like ours but still get to experience no true growth.

They see that the Indigenes of these First World don't understand the value of the "awesome" system they have and Boom! the immigrants succeed against all odds. Something normally that won't happen for them in their original countries. This is not just a Nigerian thing. Look at the Indians too. See how they migrate out. People like Anik Signal, Gary V, Obama, etc would have not been the success story they are if they were in their original locales.

God bless you. You said it all. Little wonder that our students do wonderfully well abroad. We have the potentials in this country, we have people who are ready/fit to work, but the system is bad. Our list of the richest people over the years has been the same; no young entrepreneurs or technpreneurs popping on the list or making surprise appearance.

Nigeria has only benefited a select few, who by great margin are not better off. We live in a poo country (I'm sorry to say) and we keep deceiving ourselves that we can make things better.

We don't have the most basic element for development - light. So what are we saying. If after 50+ years, there is no adequate supply of power, then tell me what is amazing about this country.

I don't wish to have my kids in this country; they don't deserve this country. I'd rather have them in a place where things work, where there is organization, where there is a working system, where there is optimal reward for labour.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by adatemi: 11:04pm On Mar 19, 2018
They don't look like someone who suffered in Libya. This picture will not stop those who are still bent on going.

2 Likes

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by adidison(m): 11:40pm On Mar 19, 2018
JimaeChinko:

I doubt if you have ever experienced the real "hard knock life".
If you have then you won't blame this couple or anybody else. Am I saying they justified? No!. You do not truly know what it is to be truly hopeless, filled with darkness. Nothing seems to align despite what you throw at life. You truly don't know. You have always had it easy with your old folks(Dad or mum subsidizing everything for you). You truly don't know pain and frustration that is so awful that your very logical reasoning is blinded. You would do anything to survive.

Most of the successful people you call "Canadians&Americans" came from immigrant families.

Why are they mostly successful than the very indigenous people of that society?
Simple. They and their parents migrated from a society that limited and stagnated their true potentials. Now they exposed to a society where things really work. Where you can really achieve success if you just put in a little of the hard work they put in a society like ours but still get to experience no true growth.

They see that the Indigenes of these First World don't understand the value of the "awesome" system they have and Boom! the immigrants succeed against all odds. Something normally that won't happen for them in their original countries. This is not just a Nigerian thing. Look at the Indians too. See how they migrate out. People like Anik Signal, Gary V, Obama, etc would have not been the success story they are if they were in their original locales.

Emmm true talk but Obama (father) or Barrack Obama? If father, success story? Btw Obama is an American. wink
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by Livangel: 11:58pm On Mar 19, 2018
Who no go no know
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by degamemaster(m): 12:18am On Mar 20, 2018
Jochabed:
No matter how UGLY the situation in Nigeria is,its still by FAR!! Better than Libya
No, it is rather the opposite, except the security challenge which has just gotten so bad. Libya is far better than Nigeria, I am speaking from personal experience. I lived in libya.
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by onomeabuja: 12:20am On Mar 20, 2018
Jochabed:
NA SO O , SIS.
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by iluvpomo(m): 12:40am On Mar 20, 2018
sanpipita:
Libya's case is understandable, they were good before Gadaffi was overthrown then civil war started, what exactly is Nigeria's excuse? I won't be surprised if electricity in Libya is still better than here
I believe Ghana has better electricity supply than our dear Naija ...
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by zinaunreal(m): 12:56am On Mar 20, 2018
Aderewah:

We are suffering from bad followership and leadership
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by talk2percy(m): 1:01am On Mar 20, 2018
Jochabed:
who told u, u don go live for Libya before? The only place that's comparable to Nigeria is hell
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by Bitterleafsoup: 1:05am On Mar 20, 2018
Aderewah:
A leader is only as good as the people they lead....
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by talk2percy(m): 1:07am On Mar 20, 2018
Aderewah:
what is this one even saying? Let us know when u are done with blowing grammar. E be like say u are from Saraki family, or Atiku's, Babangida's or the Adeleke's?? The way u are talking u must be one of the politician daughters?
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by linearity: 4:17am On Mar 20, 2018
Look as their face dey fresh like early morning Agege bread.......you such say na Libya dem cum from so?
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by linearity: 4:19am On Mar 20, 2018
talk2percy:
who told u, u don go live for Libya before? The only place that's comparable to Nigeria is hell

lol

So you ma, how you take know say Nigeria bi like hell, abi ‘u don go live for hell before’?
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by BetaThings: 4:36am On Mar 20, 2018
Bossontop:
undecided
So after una don vote buhari finish una wan run leave us for dis suffering abi??

The couple who had their 2 kids in Libya, left Nigeria in 2012, shortly after their marriage

The election that Buhari into power was in 2015
Or should we believe that bots are now posting on Nairaland?
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by BetaThings: 4:40am On Mar 20, 2018
madridguy:
I can help you with South Sudan visa

We can improve his options

Dr Congo
Venezuela
Mexico
El Salvador
Colombia
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by BetaThings: 4:58am On Mar 20, 2018
Uguruzik:

Not when you travel properly dear, Nigeria is very bad place to be

Meaning that jobs are waiting for everyone who travel properly?
How come there is still unemployment in those countries
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by sanpipita(m): 8:10am On Mar 20, 2018
iluvpomo:
I believe Ghana has better electricity supply than our dear Naija ...

Most nations have better electricity than us, we were ranked second poorest country in terms of power supply www.nairaland.com/4292185/nigeria-ranked-2nd-worlds-poorest
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by Reference(m): 9:11am On Mar 20, 2018
Silly man.
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by gaby(m): 9:38am On Mar 20, 2018
chronique:
Lol. Personally, I think people without class and with low self esteem, are the ones who get desperate to the point of traveling through desert to Libya, Morocco, Tunisia, etc, to get into Europe. If you must travel to Europe, get a visa, a flight ticket,and travel like a normal human being. Not the one where you'd wear one cloth for several days,trekking through desert and eventually being packed like sardine on a boat to cross the sea. I know some people who have gone to Europe like this and their hustle over there is prostitution and drug dealing. Fact is that, most of these immigrants are aware of what obtains over there but most won't admit openly that they knew,so you won't see them as irresponsible.

While i'll commend you on your submissions,i rather would have wished you hammered more on the word "IGNORANCE and DESPERATION".I wont however shy away from correcting some erroneous and blanket assumptions you made and my counter submissions are wholly and solely my personal opinion which is well much open to debate.

Now imagine a scenario where in my case i was the first of 10 kids plus one or two cousins including dad and mum cramped up in a 2 room living space in a face me i face you setting and while dad is toiling to do his best and mum a petty trader,you still can't get over the desperation and need to step up to the plate and be the one to initiate a change in your family's destiny and this is not forgetting the fact that you are been reminded on a daily of your burden to bear as a first son.

As one who embarked on this perilous journey some 20 years ago,it'll be pertinent to get us back to the situation of the country from 1993 when Abacha held sway until his demise in 1998. I'm taking us back to this Abacha years to give you an idea of what drove the tens of thousands that made the exodus in my time alone , this is just in case mine was borne out of low self esteem and a lack of class as you erroneously opined,i wonder if the same can be said of the many others.

In my case the exodus was en masse and cut across all class bearing in mind where we were just coming from as a country,coupled with not having access to this much information and resources on how to get a visa to go legal.

You naturally begin to see travelling by land as an alternative,a cheaper option and the poor man's last hope.This becomes particularly the case when you begin to hear stories of "Osaze" whom you had played street soccer some two weeks back having called from spain with his (+34) number flying around as evidence plus hard copy photographs of Osaze all geared up from head to toe in winter clothings posing in front of a sleek ride with some white folks at the background. And then within a couple of months Osaze had started sending cars home to his folks.

I don tire to type but my brother or sister it is definitely a combination of factors other than entirely those you submitted.

Please note that i am in no way encouraging or advocating for people to embark on this killer journeys far from it,was only trying to make you see how not lacking in class and self esteem are not entirely the main reason it happens.
And as an addition,do you really believe people who fly do not engage in criminilaties cum prostitution out there? Just asking.

Suffice to also point out that the change in fortune for the earlier travellers and their immediate families back then was almost always immediate and evidently apparent so you get left with the choice to make of impacting on your immediate family positively or continue wallowing in the unending cycle of poverty.

2 Likes

Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by Andrewgame42: 10:43am On Mar 20, 2018
Nobody plan to go Libya, the plan was to go to Europe, we just got stranded in Libya!!
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by DrGabbi(m): 11:07am On Mar 20, 2018
Aderewah:

America and Canada were never like Nigeria at anytime. If people seek better life outside of Nigeria, good for them. Millions have gone out and doing well. People who had no future have a breakthrough when they go to those countries while their friends who stayed back home are still suffering.

I admire the couple and will never look down on their decision to travel out or come back. Nigeria just doesn't seem to have any hope and that's what those developed countries never had at anytime.
Re: 'It's Not Worth It'; Couple Who Returned From Libya Amid Suffering. Photos by Tunks2017(m): 12:55pm On Mar 20, 2018
Is alright.............

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Nice Country Can I Relocate To Legally With ₦8m? / See Pictures Of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Road Bogije Ibeju Lekki Lagos / Burial Photos Of Taofeeq Oyerinde Fele, Oyo NURTW Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.