Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:51 AM

Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) (35927 Views)

WAEC Students Destroy School Building After Being Duped By Principal In Edo / John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) / The Letter A School Principal In Singapore Sent To Parents Just Before An Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Nihilstjnr: 6:51am On Mar 20, 2018
A Catholic priest choosing to remain voluntarily in a hellhole like Nigeria for so long seems incomprehensible...until you realise he was a Catholic Priest AND the the Principal...of an All Boys School.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by fils307: 7:07am On Mar 20, 2018
RIP Rev. Fr. J D O'Connell

Sleep Well My Priest And Principal

I Will Forever Be Grateful Of Knowing You.......
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by adzer: 7:18am On Mar 20, 2018
RIP PADRE! But whoever tells this OP that the priest was the longest serving principal is joking. Rev. Fr. Angus freazer served at mount saint Gabriel's secondary school Makurdi as principal for a period of 50 calendar years.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Fmartin(m): 7:23am On Mar 20, 2018
asuustrike2009:
Fmartin smiley grin
grin
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Nobody: 7:24am On Mar 20, 2018
RIP Principal of all principals. Your legacy lives on Sir.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 20, 2018
adzer:
RIP PADRE! But whoever tells this OP that the priest was the longest serving principal is joking. Rev. Fr. Angus freazer served at mount saint Gabriel's secondary school Makurdi as principal for a period of 50 calendar years.

Father O'connel was a principal for 50 years too.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by hush15: 7:35am On Mar 20, 2018
martineverest:
when missionary was still missionary, not the extortionists and thieves in missionary clothings we now have as.....

the difference between black and white is too huge

RIP daddy cornell, the greatest principal in Nigerian history, who served humanity....u remind me of great Susan Wenger of osun-oshogbo shrine

The difference between black and white is as wide and far like the north is far wide and far from the south.

It is not in the fame, power, wealth or geographical location but in reasoning.

Where the white think of the general good, black will think of personal good. That selfish nature is predominant in black and thats the whole truth.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by martineverest(m): 7:37am On Mar 20, 2018
hush15:

The difference between black and white is as wide and far like the north is far wide and far from the south.

It is not in the fame, power, wealth or geographical location but in reasoning.

Where the white think of the general good, black will think of personal good. That selfish nature is predominant in black and thats the whole truth.
ur last paragraph says it all
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Alanzazani: 7:51am On Mar 20, 2018
Rip Fr. O'Connell. I knew him in His. Exemplary man of God. Not this yahoo yahoo god of men we have here. That are practising an entirely different form of Christianity from what the missionaries that brought to Africa
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by chubyke50: 8:01am On Mar 20, 2018
Was opportune to serve as a corp member in GSS Minna where he was d principal. Good Man...RIP
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by osazeeblue01: 8:40am On Mar 20, 2018
When u see white missionary u see God because they live by example unlike ours.

Rest in peace Padre
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by vitality22(m): 8:46am On Mar 20, 2018
He was Indeed a great priest and a teacher. I served him as an alter boy at St Michael's Catholic Cathedral Minna. He also thought me English Language in Government Secondary School Minna (GSS).
He was like a father to us all. May his soul rest in Perfect Peace.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Amhappy(f): 10:20am On Mar 20, 2018
You have fought the good fight. Rest in peace Father
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Aisha85: 10:25am On Mar 20, 2018
evanso6226:

He died in the early hours of Wednesday, 14th, March, 2018. He was 85 years and was the longest serving school principal in Niger State and Nigeria before he retired and returned home late last year. .
He had arrived Nigeria in 1967 as a missionary and first worked as a Catholic Priest in Calabar before he relocated to Niger State where he became the principal of Government Secondary School, Minna. At 84, Fr. O’Connell was still teaching.

source: http://www.clintgist.com/rev-fr-oconnell-longest-serving-principal-nigeria-dies-85/

RIP Father O'connell.... the Old active icon is gone! even at his old age he was very active. He takes no shit frm his student. he is a deciplinarian. Rest in Peace.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by EROMS38(m): 10:27am On Mar 20, 2018
He was my principal...Rip father. class of 2001
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by Sachiopropty(m): 10:45am On Mar 20, 2018
The Principal of all Principle

I surely do remember the moments I had with him from meal after meal, ride after ride .....
He knows all his students by name
He is very humble , pays school fees for his students.
He is a definition of LOVE , PEACE and HUMILITY

Thank You O Connell

Glory to God that you are Alive and you shall live for ever and ever Amen.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by duchez(m): 12:35pm On Mar 20, 2018
RIP father. I remember him from my days in FGC Minna. He was always coming to minister during the YCS Sunday Mass.
Re: Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) by stanbillion200(m): 6:40pm On Mar 20, 2018
God bless you Fr. Connell.
Rest In Peace Padre

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nursing In An University Or School Of Nursing - Which Is Better? / Cross River Public Schools To Resume June 16 As Government Mass Produces PPE / Delta State Polytechnic Stadium, Ozoro In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.