Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? (16661 Views)

Goat Farming In Nigeria – How To Start And Earn Big While At It! / How To Reduce Feeds Cost In Poultry Business / I Want To Start A Water Leaf Garden, How Profitable Is It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Willie2015: 11:08am On Mar 20, 2018
Izuogu1:
Hello Nairalanders,
I have a steady daily work that pays me a minimum of Atleast N1500 everyday and I've being thinking of creating an additional source of income for myself.
I talked to a friend/Mentor and he suggested I go invest into Agro business (Broiler).
He is currently into it and have full knowledge about it.
He will provide me with all the Technical know how and every other informations/knowledge I will need and we've fixed a date to sit down and talk about it.
My intended start up capital is N500k.
How viable is this business?
Can I make my capital within 6months?
Can the risk be managed to the bearest minimum?

Note: The other work I do belongs to me and it needs my physical presence to thrive. Besides, I don't intend to abandon it for this poutry but I can be sacrificing 30% of my time for it.(maybe less or more Depending on the situation) Also, the guy is the Junior pastor in my place of worship.
I need your honest advice guys,

Pls dont start broiler business if you dont have mkt on ground.
Broiler business is only viable if you have a buyer that guarantee purchase of birds at maturity.
Making your capital bck within 6 mths is a tall dream... starting a new biz come with mistakes, loss etc and u need to learn the curve.
Pls keep ur money and continue to save and look for a viable biz.

1 Like

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by adisabarber(m): 11:08am On Mar 20, 2018
It requires a lot of time.

Tychamps:
it's profitable.. and it doesn't require much time
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Emyjeze(m): 11:09am On Mar 20, 2018
To the poster, poultry is a very good and profitable business buh it need lots of time devoted into it. At each stage of their growth you should be able to pet them like a new born.
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Coldfeets: 11:09am On Mar 20, 2018
Very profitable.

But...

Very very very demanding in terms of labour and maintenance.

1 Like

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by henroe2k2(m): 11:11am On Mar 20, 2018
In my case,I started with just 50 birds for a try last three weeks... And they were all day-olds.. Currently, the mortality rate is zero... All kicking... The reason for 50 is to just master how they could be rared from day-old to get a deeper understanding... With the guide of my supplier and the right medication I have been able to go this far...
The business requires closed monitoring and frequent sanitation to keep your birds healthy... Mine is just with less than 50k oh...
Key in, u wont regret it..

500k will go a long way....

2 Likes

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by maisauki: 11:12am On Mar 20, 2018
I started my own poultry four weeks ago and it's a nice adventure
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 20, 2018
Britishcoins:
It is profitable, but my own problem is that I have 600k but I am still looking for shop to start selling electronic.
Please who can get me a good location anywhere in Nigeria.
#600k, for an lectronics business in this Buhari's Nigeria
That amount is too low for a start please. Invest that money into something else. Agro business is very profitable, you can invest your money there please.

But if you must invest in electronics, make sure that your shop is located in a business area in the city of your choice. To be sincere with you, six hundred thousand Naira is not even enough to rent a good cited shop in some cities.
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by FrankTalk1: 11:24am On Mar 20, 2018
Poultry business is good and lucrative if properly set up. But it can also be risky if you are not trained on it, because of the mortality rate involved.

I will advice you to get trained before you start. Go to any existing poultry farm and learn, research online and collaborate with success poultry farmers.

Eggs production and sales is one of the best aspect of poultry farming. You can combine it with other forms like broilers sales during festive seasons.

There are other businesses you can do part- time to yield extra cash to you in addition to poultry farming.

See them here: http://myafribusiness.com/category/every-business-begins-with-an-idea/
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Expl0rers: 11:38am On Mar 20, 2018
BIRDS BE DYING LIKE IDIOTS

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by daniska3yaro(m): 11:40am On Mar 20, 2018
ModsWillKillNL:

Poultry is the easiest way to throw money away and lose your peace of mind. Don't try it. Enough said.
if you don't have market just do something else
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Britishcoins(m): 11:43am On Mar 20, 2018
velai:
#600k, for an lectronics business in this Buhari's Nigeria
That amount is too low for a start please. Invest that money into something else. Agro business is very profitable, you can invest your money there please.

But if you must invest in electronics, make sure that your shop is located in a business area in the city of your choice. To be sincere with you, six hundred thousand Naira is not even enough to rent a good cited shop in some cities.
How much do you think would be enough?
I am still an apprentice but things are difficult to my boss now I don't know how much he might give me though

1 Like

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Britishcoins(m): 11:45am On Mar 20, 2018
Emyjeze:
move to the north, things are cool there. If you are head bend to the business, you will do great. (part of north, kaduna precisely thats where i grew up and do my stuffs) and a piece of advice is it will be better you go into electrical equipment rather than electronics.
Please are you in kadunna?
Can you assist me in a good location, I am currently in Minna but I don't like the place. Although I have never been in kadunna or have any relation in the city.
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by seyigiggle: 11:49am On Mar 20, 2018
my experience in farming is, whatever you produce and do not have direct access to consumers (bulk), you are only doing the middle men favor by enriching them at your expense.

3 Likes

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Jethrolite(m): 12:01pm On Mar 20, 2018
Izuogu1:
Hello Nairalanders,
I have a steady daily work that pays me a minimum of Atleast N1500 everyday and I've being thinking of creating an additional source of income for myself.
I talked to a friend/Mentor and he suggested I go invest into Agro business (Broiler).
He will provide me with all the Technical know how and every other informations/knowledge I will need and we've fixed a date to sit down and talk about it.

Note: The other work I do belongs to me and it needs my physical presence to thrive. Besides, I don't intend to abandon it for this poutry but I can be sacrificing 30% of my time for it.(maybe less or more Depending on the situation) Also, the guy is the Junior pastor in my place of worship.
Is being junior pastor prerequisite for anything? Take your money to farmcrowdy.com and earn with peace of mind before you lose your savings.
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by DEBJOCH1(m): 12:01pm On Mar 20, 2018
My guy poultry business is not a part time business it requires your 100% attention, if you doubt that you can come and ask me, I tried becoming a part time poultry farmer at the end, I regretted my action, you can do a part to me poultry business on a condition that you don't intend going commercial.

1 Like

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Mar 20, 2018
Britishcoins:

I am still an apprentice but things are difficult to my boss now I don't know how much he might give me though
This is the best time to be more faithful to your boss. Why? Because, if you are faithful to your boss and you can win his favour, he can get you connected to his suppliers and wholesalers who can supply or give you goods worth millions of Naira on credit. Those in Alaba international market in Lagos can supply you goods worth millions of Naira on credit, if they know you very well and can trust you. With such connection, you can even rent a shop with your last 600k and still make it. All you need is just a good cited shop. I will suggest you have your shop in the electronics section of your city.
But if you want to just dabble in that business without such connection, make sure you have at least 3 million Naira for a start. In this case you can be able to have varieties of electronic products like, wall TV, freezers, generators, sound systems, stands, stabs etc. Since you are into the biz already, you should have noticed that varieties is the watch word.

2 Likes

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by stanvesco(m): 12:08pm On Mar 20, 2018
Hopefully if this works out you owe me a debt of gratitude by a public acknowledgnent,and fuel money for one month.

Buy a 120battery cage capacity for about 80k.
Buy 120point of lay layers for about 1200each
Buy layers mash for 2weeks feeding.
Employ one expert baker who will bake for u.... Egg rolls, buns and other endproducts of using eggs... 18000/month
Employ an assistant /distributor
Remember all these will be done in ur house... It requires little Space....
Within two weeks of investing ur layers will start laying and u will use ur eggs for ur egg rolls and supply at a price cheaper than current market price.....

Add ur own ideas....
U can quote me for further ideas....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by akinszz: 12:09pm On Mar 20, 2018
Izuogu1:
Hello Nairalanders,

start little, grow big.
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Britishcoins(m): 12:24pm On Mar 20, 2018
velai:
This is the best time to be more faithful to your boss. Why? Because, if you are faithful to your boss and you can win his favour, he can get you connected to his suppliers and wholesalers who can supply or give you goods worth millions of Naira on credit. Those in Alaba international market in Lagos can supply you goods worth millions of Naira on credit, if they know you very well and can trust you. With such connection, you can even rent a shop with your last 600k and still make it. All you need is just a good cited shop. I will suggest you have your shop in the electronics section of your city.
But if you want to just dabble in that business without such connection, make sure you have at least 3 million Naira for a start. In this case you can be able to have varieties of electronic products like, wall TV, freezers, generators, sound systems, stands, stabs etc. Since you are into the biz already, you should have noticed that varieties is the watch word.
Thanks I appreciate, God bless you
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by austanoy2k(m): 12:32pm On Mar 20, 2018
okitom:
I am a full time farmer and I can bet with u that your money can be recovered as soon as possible if,you are devoted and hard working and follow the laid down policies of poultry.I am presently in Enugu and if u need more advice,you can reach me on 08033414004
Pls, I'm also thinking of going into farming business mainly poultry and fish farming but I'm not having any experience on it.
I currently resided in Ghana hope to come home this year.
Can I add your number on WhatsApp?
I need your professional advice and guide.
Just managing here in Accra.
+233560015629
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by manmidtexy(m): 12:43pm On Mar 20, 2018
N500k is very too much as capital for Broiler as a starter.
If you are a science student use chemistry / economics concept for any business you know and you didn't have enough knowledge of.

My candid advice for your domain (Enugu).

1- Do you have a space in your place of residence.
2- Start with 50 chicks
3- N50k as Capital budget for a start
4- Use Breedwell or Hybrid Feed 4 brooding for 1-3 weeks.
5- Three - Four Months Feeding ( brooding to Maturity ).
6- Fast & easy selling at market due to size of maturity.
7- Will provide with Free Technical Know how.
8- I use residual knowledge of local rearing and little from others in the business already many years ago then.
9- Always inform families, friends, religious members, etc, like 1 month before maturity & festive seasons to sell

N.B- Check my signature to call me for more explanations
1- Give u a cost saving housing @ different dimensions.
2- Non-use of synthetic drugs / man made chemicals i.e ( Gumboro, Lasotha, etc ) dangerous for human health for rearing.
3- Natural and Disease preventive liquid Made by an Igbo man from Imo state is what i rely on.

Izuogu1:
Hello
Nairalanders,

Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by ArinzeRaph: 12:49pm On Mar 20, 2018
Britishcoins:

apprentice ? bros, God will see you through. I'm right now in your shoe though I have started. May God help us.
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by eddyline(m): 12:49pm On Mar 20, 2018
Izuogu1:
Hello Nairalanders,

I suggest you plan big I.e build a big pen and all. However, when starting, start with a small number of birds say about 50 initially so that you'd learn the intricacies involved in the business. when you've now gained enough experience, you can now expand.
do not be discouraged if at the initial start you make some loss, just make sure you learnt where it is you went wrong. by the time you continue with it, you'd see that you will get better returns by the day.
In summary, it is a profitable business if all the necessary requirements are met. however, the risks are high. for a starter, getting a 100% ROI is not very feasible unless of course you've studied the art very well. all the best bro!
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by bewla(m): 12:52pm On Mar 20, 2018
wwwtortoise:
Poultry farming is a very delicate and time consuming venture as a starter.

It requires time, energy, patience and hardwork. Your ROI largely depends on how healthy your birds become.

As for your mentor, the fact that he is a clergy doesn't mean you should swallow all he tells you hook, line and sinker.

Make your own background research.
like what is doing now abi getting information
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Britishcoins(m): 12:54pm On Mar 20, 2018
ArinzeRaph:
apprentice ? bros, God will see you through. I'm right now in your shoe though I have started. May God help us.
Amen, what type of business is your own boss into?
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by ArinzeRaph: 12:55pm On Mar 20, 2018
Britishcoins:
Amen, what type of business is your own boss into?
Auto parts
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Mar 20, 2018
NATIONALISM, WHAT IS IT ABOUT?

Nationalism is the struggle against imperial domination.
But, the definition of Nationalism depends on the nation that is defining it. To a nation that is still under colonialism, nationalism can be defined as a struggle against foreign rule with a view to attaining independence for one’s country. It is a fight for one’s country with the goal of liberating that nation from the shackles of imperialism.
To a nation that just gained independence, nationalism can be defined as the efforts fired towards the defense and protection of the dignity of one’s nation in order to maintain and secure the autonomy of such nation.

READ MORE https://eduguidehub.com/nationalism/
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by Kennyfancy(m): 1:17pm On Mar 20, 2018
which business u dey do they get that money
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by thywill18: 1:31pm On Mar 20, 2018
For those who are against poultry, is it that ppl don't eat egg or poultry product anymore, use of egg alone is on the increase. The ones we see are they breed with computer. Please go for the needed knowledge and engage professional service, those who failed missed some vital steps.
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by jidewash(m): 1:36pm On Mar 20, 2018
For all your poultry works, consultancy, sales and advice
Call 08028457581
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by fajbam216: 2:11pm On Mar 20, 2018
poultry is a good and lucrative business.... both broilers and layers v its own pros and cons.... I will advice u to go into layers ... I belief u v d housing and feeding/drinking trough already if not ... ur 500k might not be realistic.... wit about 1300 u can get a point of lay if u can't brood the pullet urself.... the sales of egg is better sold and roi than broilers... so wit 300000 u can get 200 birds..... wit 6 crates a day and 42 crate a week.. wit 850 per crate ...that's 35000.... .. wit 21000 a week feeding .. u v 14000 for urself...... u wil v 2000 saved daily for drugs nd logistics nd save 12000 weekly for the the next 72 weeks after d drop of the first egg...in conclusion. u can do it in a small way wit 1 attendant at 8000 per month. gudluck
Re: Poultry Business In Nigeria: How Reliable & Profitable Is It? by kingchris30(m): 4:20pm On Mar 20, 2018
it is a lucrative business but you need to give it all your time at early stage, but it is also risky, you can loose all in a short period of time. watch out for infections

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unpasteurized Fresh Cow Milk Supply / Pioneer Maize Seed / Nairalander Yewa Rice And Sen.Ben Bruce Share Free Rice in Lagos (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.