Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,085 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:00 AM

Kano Senators, Governor Ganduje And Questionable Loyalty To Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Senators, Governor Ganduje And Questionable Loyalty To Buhari (371 Views)

Oshiomhole Accepts Dissolution Of APC NWC, Pledges Loyalty To Buhari / Fatima Ganduje And Idris Abolaji Ajimobi's White Wedding Photos / Governor Ganduje And Kwankwaso's Thugs Clash Again In Kano (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kano Senators, Governor Ganduje And Questionable Loyalty To Buhari by rmo19: 11:46am On Mar 20, 2018
Let me start this article by commiserating with the government and good People of Bauchi South over the loss of their representative in the red chamber, Distinguished Senator Malam Ali Wakili Mni, my heartfelt condolence also goes to his family, President Muhammadu Buhari, our party APC and the entire People of Bauchi State.

Late Sen. Ali Wakili was a vibrant grass-root politician whose legislative contributions in the Senate touched on the needs of the poor and less privileged Nigerians.

Malam Ali Wakili had always defended the image of the Senate by going against any matter that will denigrate the institution.

Two weeks ago, Senator Wakili stood against the Senate’s proposed amendment of Electoral order along with eight other Senators under the leadership of former governor of Nasarawa state and the impeached Chairman of Northern Senators Forum, Abdullahi Adamu.

A press conference was held where Malam Ali Wakili and the other eight Senators were featured, they gave reasons on why the proposed amendment to election order was not necessary.

Wakili gave so many convincing reasons that his constituency was avast to the way election are staggered and fixed in the current amendments, according to Wakili, the new law is self serving and against the people, particularly President Buhari.

In his words: “Why did we wait until this long time, after INEC has fixed date for elections, when election was about to take place.

‘’Apart from these, the cost will affect the economy looking at the economic situation of the country, to hold four elections in one month is so staggering. My people are not in support of this, if I want to represent them, Imust put this forward for them.

‘’We are going to stand on the alter of truth and justice”. Sen. Wakili Said.

The nine Senators action have justified their unalloyed loyalty to their people and President Muhammadu Buhari, their loyalty was never in question like the Kano Senators.

In the title of this article, I asked about the questionable loyalty of Kano Senators that include Sen. Rabiu Kwankwaso(Kano Central), Arch. Kabiru Ibrahim Gaya(Kano South) and Sen. Barau I Jibrin(Kano North).

The three Senators with the exception of presidential hopeful Kwankwaso are self proclaimed Buharist in the red chamber, they hide under the umbrella of Buhari to win elections, they hide under Buhari to secure support from their people but they’re always against anything Buhari in the red chamber.

Forget about Kwankwaso, he neither hide under Buhari nor go against anything the President has forwarded to the red chamber.

Any good follower of the happenings in the Senate hallowed chamber would testify to this.

Where was senators – Kabiru Gaya and Barau Jibrin when the proposed amendment to election order was done, when the President rejected it and the Senate response to override his power; what was their response?

Full story http://ybtcnews.com/2018/03/20/kano-senators-governor-ganduje-and-questionable-loyalty-to-buhari/

(1) (Reply)

13 Horrible Facts About Nigerian Government And Boko Haram? / Okowa Denies Ownership Of Multi-billion Naira State Secretariat Contract / Benue State Gov. Ortom Reacts To Danjuma’s Self Defence Comment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.