Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,041 members, 7,818,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

World Cup Anthem Controversy:south Africans Unhappy About Selection - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / World Cup Anthem Controversy:south Africans Unhappy About Selection (3721 Views)

South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia / Idriss Deby, Chad’s President, Unhappy With Nigeria’s Military (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World Cup Anthem Controversy:south Africans Unhappy About Selection by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 17, 2010
But wait why is it called the WORLD cup. Its not a southafrican cup or something like that. Its not for SAs alone.
Re: World Cup Anthem Controversy:south Africans Unhappy About Selection by RSA(m): 10:44am On May 18, 2010
eldee:

Erm . . . but they do control you. You guys live in the slums while they live in the best neighbourhoods.
Majority of the black neighbourhoods are places with extreme crime rate. . . or am I missing something here??
Well that's a topic for another day,
I hope you're not too ignorant to know what aapartheid was all about,and if you're wise enough you'll also see how much blacks have achived in South Africa if you look at our past.
Yes economy of South Africa is in 'whites' hands but you fail to understand that only five percent of whites control it,mostly by big multinational companies just like anywhere in the world.meaning majority of whites are a working class,who struggle daily just like any other middle class blacks in South Africa.I am hapy that we have leaders who's agendas are not driven by pride and power but by long term vision of creating a succesful South Africa where everyone will have equal opportunity to achive their dreams.And if letting 'whites' control the economy of my country,to realise that dream,so be it.

Coming back to the topic,I am learning to like the song,it is growing on me.
Re: World Cup Anthem Controversy:south Africans Unhappy About Selection by morpheus24: 3:33pm On May 20, 2010
Nothing beats the original. Finally Pidgin has made it to the world stage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fidaSRIGeE&feature=related
Re: World Cup Anthem Controversy:south Africans Unhappy About Selection by RSA(m): 3:54pm On May 20, 2010
^^Mo when are you landing bro?
Re: World Cup Anthem Controversy:south Africans Unhappy About Selection by morpheus24: 1:53pm On May 21, 2010
RSA:

^^Mo when are you landing bro?

i will be in town on the 1oth , hoping to catch the concert in soweto,
Re: World Cup Anthem Controversy:south Africans Unhappy About Selection by eldee(m): 11:37am On May 23, 2010
RSA:

I hope you're not too ignorant to know what aapartheid was all about,and if you're wise enough you'll also see how much blacks have achived in South Africa if you look at our past.
Yes economy of South Africa is in 'whites' hands but you fail to understand that only five percent of whites control it,mostly by big multinational companies just like anywhere in the world.meaning majority of whites are a working class,who struggle daily just like any other middle class blacks in South Africa.I am hapy that we have leaders who's agendas are not driven by pride and power but by long term vision of creating a succesful South Africa where everyone will have equal opportunity to achive their dreams.And if letting 'whites' control the economy of my country,to realise that dream,so be it.

Oh . . .so now you do agree that the whites are in control of the economic resources??
What an effing u-turn!!! I seriously don't care bout who gets the managerial jobs in Capetown, but I just want you to think properly before uttering statements like 'we don't let Europeans control us or send us around like headless chickens because we're Africans' . . .

Because if you do, you will only exhibit your idiocy as you did a week ago.
I always knew you daftness was controllable.

BTW . . .If white working class people live the way black middle class people would, then it shows an obvious inequality??

Seriously, I'm not against South Africans, I'm against daft South Africans . . . you are one of them.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spanish School Offering A Professional Course In Prostitution / World War 3 Is Now Inevitable - China / President Donald Trump Has Been Impeached!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.