Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,848 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 (54004 Views)

7 Most Beautiful Cities To Visit In Nigeria - Pictures / Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report / Lagos, Nigeria: The 3rd Worst Cities To Drive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by MPSA(m): 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2018
tstx:
Two Nigerian cities has been named among the world’s worst cities to live in 2018.

Mercer’s 20th annual Quality of Living survey compared 231 major metropolises, examining factors such as crime, healthcare, education, public services, recreation, housing and personal freedom.

According to this years ranking, Bangui, Central African Republic (230) been the lowest ranking African city for quality of living is the worst city to live in Africa. followed by Khartoum, sudan (227), N’Djamena Chad (226), Brazzaville Congo (224) and Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo (223).

Persistent political instability, poverty, extreme climates and lack of appropriate infrastructure investments means the cities above have the lowest quality of living worldwide.

Two Nigeria cities Abuja (213) and Lagos (212) Also made it into the top 20 worst cities to live in Africa.

Abuja, Nigeria’s Federal Capital was ranked 213 out of 231 countries making it the 13th worst city to live in Africa, while Lagos was ranked 212, making it the 14th worst city to live in Africa..

Below are The top 15 worst cities to live in Africa 2018. From least worst (15) to worst (1)

15. Harare, Zimbabwe
14. Lagos, Nigeria
13. Abuja, Nigeria
12. Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
11. Antananarivo, Madagascar
10. Tripoli, Libya
9. Niamey, Niger
8. Bamako, Mali
7. Nouakchott, Mauritania
6. Conakry, Guinea Republic
5. Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
4. Brazzaville, Congo
3. N’Djamena Chad
2. Khartoum Sudan
1. Bangui Central African Republic

https://listwand.com/2018/03/two-nigerian-cities-named-among-the-worst-cities-to-live-in-africa-2018/

At least someone is talking the truth at last , Always when I try to mentioned this, They call me Xenophobic grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by misano(m): 3:59pm On Mar 21, 2018
Absuchat:

Prove it?

You don forget say epileptic power supply is still a problem in Nigeria (including Abuja) or the Aso Rock clinic that lacks basic health needs. You must have forgotten that housing cost is terrible in these two states. Keep in mind that Abuja is competing with states like Accra (goop power supply) and Johannesburg (with intercity trains).

Nigeria is really backward sha... God help us...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by MPSA(m): 4:06pm On Mar 21, 2018
tstx:
Two Nigerian cities has been named among the world’s worst cities to live in 2018.

Mercer’s 20th annual Quality of Living survey compared 231 major metropolises, examining factors such as crime, healthcare, education, public services, recreation, housing and personal freedom.

According to this years ranking, Bangui, Central African Republic (230) been the lowest ranking African city for quality of living is the worst city to live in Africa. followed by Khartoum, sudan (227), N’Djamena Chad (226), Brazzaville Congo (224) and Kinshasa Democratic Republic of the Congo (223).

Persistent political instability, poverty, extreme climates and lack of appropriate infrastructure investments means the cities above have the lowest quality of living worldwide.

Two Nigeria cities Abuja (213) and Lagos (212) Also made it into the top 20 worst cities to live in Africa.

Abuja, Nigeria’s Federal Capital was ranked 213 out of 231 countries making it the 13th worst city to live in Africa, while Lagos was ranked 212, making it the 14th worst city to live in Africa..

Below are The top 15 worst cities to live in Africa 2018. From least worst (15) to worst (1)

15. Harare, Zimbabwe
14. Lagos, Nigeria
13. Abuja, Nigeria
12. Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso
11. Antananarivo, Madagascar
10. Tripoli, Libya
9. Niamey, Niger
8. Bamako, Mali
7. Nouakchott, Mauritania
6. Conakry, Guinea Republic
5. Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
4. Brazzaville, Congo
3. N’Djamena Chad
2. Khartoum Sudan
1. Bangui Central African Republic

https://listwand.com/2018/03/two-nigerian-cities-named-among-the-worst-cities-to-live-in-africa-2018/

Well done OP with your source of information, You are so brilliant grin, You know the truth, I want to be like you when I grow up, You are my role model cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 21, 2018
Absuchat:

Prove it?
nnam i dont know how to prove it but the much i have seen, no way on earth its one of the worst 15 cities in AFRICA not even the world
Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 21, 2018
lol abuja is not suppose to be there

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by nextstep(m): 4:09pm On Mar 21, 2018
Abuja ke? What are these rankers drinking? Even Lagos. Sure there are some bad patches here and there (especially Lagos due to inadequate infrastructure), but for the most part these two cities are very livable and enjoyable.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by Absuchat(m): 4:10pm On Mar 21, 2018
silastemplar:
nnam i dont know how to prove it but the much i have seen, no way on earth its one of the worst 15 cities in AFRICA not even the world

Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by MPSA(m): 4:12pm On Mar 21, 2018
What I saw from the videos and pictures , is matching the OP information perfectly, nothing wrong with this information grin cheesy
Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by john650(m): 4:14pm On Mar 21, 2018
Written by a white man, what did you expect? The authors are basically saying don't bother going to Africa. Spend your money in the West.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by misano(m): 4:17pm On Mar 21, 2018
Ournaija:
If we have our two best cities as the world worst. wetin comes remain for us?

Ppl go just dey talk without reasoning. What makes Lagos and Abuja D two best cities in Nigeria?

Oh! U mean D steady power supply? I forgot that Lagos and Abuja has D best state-owned schools in Nigeria. The cheap housing cost and D good health care system U mean? These two states must have watertight security compared to other states.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by jidxin(m): 4:17pm On Mar 21, 2018
Uyiii:

Lol, see how stupid you sound.
your small sense didn't direct your brainless brain to see housing, health care, public service and of course crime rate which is also security as the prerogative for which the worse cities have been rated.

I jokingly made a comment which when logically and critically analysed and comprehended isn't far fetched, but because you have itching fingers and 'na you carry 9ja for head pass' has made you reasoned with your ball-less balls.
you should offer yourself sense if there's even space for it.

eediotwink

Chai see a very stupid analysis up here.....I'm sorry to say but is lagos and abuja the only city in nigeria? Maiduguri didnt enter d list even tho they lack health care, public services et al. As a mata of fact lagos and abj are still one of the best in those areas. Are other states beta than d two states in those areas?? U no get analytical sense at all, ur hand is just itchy to reply.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 21, 2018
misano:

It should be there because the basic amenities that should be present in a "country's capital" are lacking there. The epileptic power supply in Nigeria (Abuja included) and the health care problems (Aso rock clinic for example) are good reasons why it should be on the list.
In fact I was writing that on sentiment, Nigeria as a whole should be there. Useless country..

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by OHCOMEON: 4:18pm On Mar 21, 2018
When we as citizens call our country zoo, what do we expect others to classify us
Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by MPSA(m): 4:20pm On Mar 21, 2018
silastemplar:
No way on earth Abuja is one of the worst cities to live in Africa

It can't even match Bloemfontein in South Africa, Believe me, I don't want to talk about Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban and others, I'm talking about Bloemfontein alone grin, Thanks OP grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 21, 2018
Asowari:
lol abuja is not suppose to be there
lol I agree wit u abuja is really nice place to be
Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by MPSA(m): 4:23pm On Mar 21, 2018
classicMan22:
Abuja is not suppose to be there at all, I agree wit u, abuja is really nice better than lag

OP! Deal with this one cheesy
Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 21, 2018
MPSA:

OP! Deal with this one cheesy
wat da fuvk is ur problem? was I talking to,u? did I call SA name here
Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by misano(m): 4:26pm On Mar 21, 2018
jidxin:

Chai see a very stupid analysis up here.....I'm sorry to say but is lagos and abuja the only city in nigeria? Maiduguri didnt enter d list even tho they lack health care, public services et al. As a mata of fact lagos and abj are still one of the best in those areas. Are other states beta than d two states in those areas?? U no get analytical sense at all, ur hand is just itchy to reply.

Guy relax. It's a world ranking. U don't expect a Chinese man reading this to know Maiduguri do U? So, what they did was to pick 2 to 3 popular states from each country including African countries to make D list.

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by MPSA(m): 4:28pm On Mar 21, 2018
classicMan22:

Nothing is good man, accept that, Your Abuja is also backward cheesy
Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Mar 21, 2018
classicMan22:
lol I agree wit u abuja is really nice place to be
lol u know it was white people that write this shit.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Mar 21, 2018
MPSA:

Nothing is good man, accept that, Your Abuja is also backward cheesy
so wat da fvck is ur problem.have I in anyway said that I want to come to SA so why are u quoting me up and down?
Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by MPSA(m): 4:31pm On Mar 21, 2018
classicMan22:

The only one thing which is good in Abuja is Zuma Rock, beside that! Forget cheesy Thanks OP cheesy
Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by Nobody: 4:32pm On Mar 21, 2018
Asowari:
lol u know it was white people that write this shit.
yea I agree can't trust a white man lol
Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by MPSA(m): 4:33pm On Mar 21, 2018
classicMan22:
so wat da fvck is ur problem. is it ur country. have in any said that I want to come to SA so why are u quoting me up and down?

Mr fvck, fvck, what is wrong with you cheesy
Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by MPSA(m): 4:35pm On Mar 21, 2018
classicMan22:
so wat da fvck is ur problem.have I in any said that I want to come to SA so why are u quoting me up and down?

I like your head, that is why I'm quoting you grin,
Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Mar 21, 2018
classicMan22:
yea I agree can't trust a white man lol
I love abuja very clean looking like UK some how, u know d whites they know that Nigerian will give them a run 4 dere money

1 Like

Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Mar 21, 2018
Asowari:
I love abuja very clean looking like UK some how, u know d whites they know that Nigerian will give them a run 4 dere money
yea I know all this that why am not worring
Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by tstx(m): 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2018
MPSA:

Well done OP with your source of information, You are so brilliant grin, You know the truth, I want to be like you when I grow up, You are my role model cheesy cheesy
Your compliment is riddled with sarcasm
Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 21, 2018
MPSA:

I like your head, that is why I'm quoting you grin,
undecided
Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by MPSA(m): 4:41pm On Mar 21, 2018
Asowari:

I agree with you man, Abuja is like UK, Your comment touched my heart, Sorry Guys, Is all about fun. Sorry, once again cry
Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by tstx(m): 4:42pm On Mar 21, 2018
MPSA:

At least someone is talking the truth at last , Always when I try to mentioned this, They call me Xenophobic grin grin
Only ignorant people will insult you for saying the truth.. But all the sad stories aside.. although i hate Nigeria, I love being Nigerian.
Re: Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 by MPSA(m): 4:43pm On Mar 21, 2018
classicMan22:
undecided

Sorry Brother, is all about fun, nothing serious. Much love brother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

See Inside The Most Expensive Hotel Suite In The World— $83,200 (N26 M) A Night / New Buses That Will Replace Danfo In Lagos State Are Gradually Arriving / Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.