Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota (49244 Views)

Brazilian Man Initiated At A Sango Shrine In Oyo State (Photos) / Pastor Omasan Mabiaku Delivers A Native Doctor, Destroys His Shrine In Delta / Girmache Shrine, In Kebbi Where Crocodiles Reside & Sacrifices Are Made (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by kjhova(m): 1:37pm On Mar 21, 2018
HigherEd:

Revered clergy man, Bishop David Oyedepo was on Tuesday evening, March 20 sighted at Sango bus-stop near the shrine of Esu Odara (Satan).

The Canaan Land bishop who was formerly a Muslim was exclusively sighted at two different points with people swarming all over him like bees. According to findings, he was there for nothing than evangelism.

Oyedepo preaching in the jeep
The bishop was first sighted sitting in a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Jeep, Plate Number --- near under Sango Bridge, facing Lagos-Abeokuta express road, preaching to a gathering of people. After his preaching which lasted for about 30 mins, he told the crowd to put down their names and phone numbers in a piece of paper shared by his envoys.

He further told them that the collection of their details is to establish a contact with him. He said: “the number they collected from you is for you to share your testimony, because I know you will all have a testimony to share after this prayer. Tonight, you will receive a message from a number and with that number you can share your testimony with me and also book an appointment with me.”

Eshu Deity carried a worshiper.
Following that the Africa’s richest pastor moved his convoy to Sango-Ota road, near the Shrine of Esu-Odara. The shrine is just a stone throw from where he was and as usual, he repeated his modules of preaching and also followed up by taking the details of the crowd with a promise of reaching back to them.
Those that made up the crowd include market men and women, Agberos (Street Urchins), workers returning home and all sorts of people.

Meanwhile, the Ojubo Esu (Satan’s Shrine) has been at Sango bus stop junction for years. The small house painted in white and black is where Esu worshipers converge most times, especially every August 20th, to worship the deity. However, its worshipers are of the opinion that Esu is not the Satan mentioned in the bible as Esu is just “is a mischievous trickster figure who enjoys confusion on a cosmic scale.”

http://benconews.com/9030-2/

How many times shall we address the ignorance of you modern Africans?

Esu of the Yoruba religion is not the Satan of the Judo-European Christianity!!! It is the CMS missionaries that played this trick on us by translating Satan as "Esu" in the Yoruba bible they wrote around 1885!!! Interestingly, there was even a debate between Mr. Ajayi Crowther and his Irish seniors on wether to pick Esu or Ogun as translation for Satan but eventually, Crowther's choice of Esu prevailed.

Esu Odara Elegba'ara La'alu Ogiri Oke was and is a deity of the Yoruba pantheon just like Ogun, Sango, Yemoja, Oya, Obatala, Sopona etc. All of these deities were servants of the one supreme God, Eledumare. Non of these deities were inherently evil and none of them were opposed to the supreme master of the universe. All of the deities were around when Oduduwa embarked on the onerous journey of creation of the physical world and all of them played major parts in making mankind comfortable in his early days waking the Earth.

If you are Yoruba, and are educated, you have no reason to be ashamed of your heritage. You fore-fathers worshipped Eledumare through propitiations to Esu and the other deities in accordance with the premordial laws of the land, laid down from time past in order to have peace in the land, have safe childbirth, good harvests etc and not for any vile reasons.

Your forebears were as decent and upright a people, as was every other race of people in their era. They were not vile and violent men given only to stupidity and demoniac ventures! The old Yoruba religion is not different from similar religions in Europe in the past and present day polytheistic religions of Asia (e.g. Hinduism, Budhism etc). In fact, in its purest form, the Ifa tradition is a lot reacher than today's Asian religions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by Clementz0(m): 1:39pm On Mar 21, 2018
Nairalanddist:
angry Christianity should be banned just like China did. The federal government should amend the Nigerian constitution so Islam would become the only religion all Nigerians can practice. Enough of these infidels populating the country
Brother Dont Develop High BP U Just Cant Overwrite The Truth,dont Be An Enemy Of The Gospel U Just Hold On To Your Belief No Bad Blood.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 1:46pm On Mar 21, 2018
Doing the work of evangelism.
SoldierBoy1:
Nigerians funny I swear, saying Bishop should enter the shrine and destroy it. If he does, they would condemn Christianity for not being tolerant...... As long as he was not Challenged or it's not a deliverance session for the shrine's priest , there's no cause carrying bulldozer along to destroy the shrine...... Him mentioning the name of Jesus has already neutralized any contrary power around....... Ride on Sir, the Church of CHRIST is marching on.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by kjhova(m): 1:51pm On Mar 21, 2018
bionixs:
if Africa had thought the way you have mentioned, maybe your type wouldn't have tested a place called earth. some of your fathers were born twins and should have been killed as your Africa deemed them taboos. maybe you wouldn't have be here confusing yourself posing as if you make sense

He is right and you are wrong. In the entirety of Africa (a continent with 3 races, 1,000+ nationalities and 1,000+ languages), only the Efik & Kalabar considered twin births as taboo. And you ignorantly choose to equate these to the entire continent? Are you aware that the Yoruba have a deity for protection of twins and that twin birth was seen as the ultimate blessing in that culture?

Educate yourself, my friend, and please do not fall for the lie that it was Europe who redeemed Africa!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by ollah2: 1:52pm On Mar 21, 2018
kjhova:

Esu of the Yoruba religion is not the Satan of the Judo-European Christianity!!! It is the CMS missionaries that played this trick on us by translating Satan as "Esu" in the Yoruba bible they wrote around 1885!!! Interestingly, there was even a debate between Mr. Ajayi Crowther and his Irish seniors on wether to pick Esu or Ogun as translation for Satan but eventually, Crowther's choice of Esu prevailed.

Esu Odara Elegba'ara La'alu Ogiri Oke was and is a deity of the Yoruba pantheon just like Ogun, Sango, Yemoja, Oya, Obatala, Sopona etc. All of these deities were servants of the one supreme God, Eledumare. Non of these deities were inherently evil and none of them were opposed to the supreme master of the universe. All of the deities were around when Oduduwa embarked on the onerous journey of creation of the physical world and all of them played major parts in making mankind comfortable in his early days waking the Earth.

If you are Yoruba, and are educated, you have no reason to be ashamed of your heritage. You fore-fathers worshipped Eledumare through propitiations to Esu and the other deities in accordance with the premordial laws of the land, laid down from time past in order to have peace in the land, have safe childbirth, good harvests etc and not for any vile reasons.

Your forebears were as decent and upright a people, as was every other race of people in their era. They were not vile and violent men given only to stupidity and demoniac ventures! The old Yoruba religion is not different from similar religions in Europe in the past and present day polytheistic religions of Asia (e.g. Hinduism, Budhism etc). In fact, in its purest form, the Ifa tradition is a lot reacher than today's Asian religions.

Shout if. Let them hear, let them learn and read. Africans have really been brainwashed

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by idrisolaide(m): 2:11pm On Mar 21, 2018
Yeye Blogger with Zero qualified information. Pulling Traffic to your site is the only thing you worry about and not about the authenticity of your information.

Google CITO RAMGATE PHARMACY and tell me how that location manage to be in Sango-Ota?

Also, kindly notify us where your eagle-eye take see SHRINE around there.

No Wahala! Continue, Because GOD is watching you in HD.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 21, 2018
HigherEd:

Revered clergy man, Bishop David Oyedepo was on Tuesday evening, March 20 sighted at Sango bus-stop near the shrine of Esu Odara (Satan).

The Canaan Land bishop who was formerly a Muslim was exclusively sighted at two different points with people swarming all over him like bees. According to findings, he was there for nothing than evangelism.

The bishop was first sighted sitting in a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado Jeep, Plate Number --- near under Sango Bridge, facing Lagos-Abeokuta express road, preaching to a gathering of people. After his preaching which lasted for about 30 mins, he told the crowd to put down their names and phone numbers in a piece of paper shared by his envoys.

He further told them that the collection of their details is to establish a contact with him. He said: “the number they collected from you is for you to share your testimony, because I know you will all have a testimony to share after this prayer. Tonight, you will receive a message from a number and with that number you can share your testimony with me and also book an appointment with me.”

Following that the Africa’s richest pastor moved his convoy to Sango-Ota road, near the Shrine of Esu-Odara. The shrine is just a stone throw from where he was and as usual, he repeated his modules of preaching and also followed up by taking the details of the crowd with a promise of reaching back to them.
Those that made up the crowd include market men and women, Agberos (Street Urchins), workers returning home and all sorts of people.

Meanwhile, the Ojubo Esu (Satan’s Shrine) has been at Sango bus stop junction for years. The small house painted in white and black is where Esu worshipers converge most times, especially every August 20th, to worship the deity. However, its worshipers are of the opinion that Esu is not the Satan mentioned in the bible as Esu is just “is a mischievous trickster figure who enjoys confusion on a cosmic scale.”

Seek Knowledge, Esu Odara isn't the Devil.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by apache4: 2:16pm On Mar 21, 2018
Onyinye15:

As I celebrate my birthday today, let the word
Of God continue to spread and let souls be won in Jesus name Amen

The gospel must be preached

You have sold your Soul to the Devil ... You better Repent now if you still want to make Heaven !!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by alanka(f): 2:39pm On Mar 21, 2018
One good way to know that they are now rejected vessels is when they use their hands to cause trouble that they cant personally solve.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by gmoni2(m): 2:43pm On Mar 21, 2018
HigherEd:

He should take his preaching to the National Assembly until those criminals change their ways.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by obowunmi(m): 2:50pm On Mar 21, 2018
Esu is a messenger not a devil.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by Nobody: 2:56pm On Mar 21, 2018
Onyinye15:

As I celebrate my birthday today, let the word
Of God continue to spread and let souls be won in Jesus name Amen

The gospel must be preached

birthday mate
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by Onyinye15(f): 2:57pm On Mar 21, 2018
yemi1261:
birthday mate

Really

Happy birthday to us
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by fuellessgen: 3:21pm On Mar 21, 2018
labake1:
All I see is Cars and black people shocked More pics pls
Na white people you wan see before?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by SamOyovwi: 3:29pm On Mar 21, 2018
He only went for evangelism
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by wallarwallar(m): 3:51pm On Mar 21, 2018
[quote author=Nairalanddist post=66028024] angry Christianity should be banned just like China did. The federal government should amend the Nigerian constitution so Islam would become the only religion all Nigerians can practice. Enough of these infidels populating the country

ISLAM? Wasted product no be by force to comment

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by adegeye38(m): 3:54pm On Mar 21, 2018
[quote autho.r=Millz404 post=66027973]When him go vex... No run o
And you above for taking my chance at making ftc for the first time.... I am headed .to your backyard with charms[/quote]
who go vex?, devil?, as long as he cant do anyt to God, he cant do anything to you cos as a Christian u carry God's identity
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by leye4u: 3:58pm On Mar 21, 2018
kjhova:

so you believe Oduduwa was the first man on earth ....my Yoruba teacher then said he and his father Lamurudu migrated from mecca .....conflicting stories.... Even the esu you are talking about ,we did some studies about him,he's got a lot of similarities to the description of Satan in the bible because of his wicked acts
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by bionixs: 4:00pm On Mar 21, 2018
kjhova:

He is right and you are wrong. In the entirety of Africa (a continent with 3 races, 1,000+ nationalities and 1,000+ languages), only the Efik & Kalabar considered twin births as taboo. And you ignorantly choose to equate these to the entire continent? Are you aware that the Yoruba have a deity for protection of twins and that twin birth was seen as the ultimate blessing in that culture?

Educate yourself, my friend, and please do not fall for the lie that it was Europe who redeemed Africa!
all the human sacrifices to appease those deities. save 2 set of twins and sacrifice 7 human heads. hypocrisy is the problems Africans have. a continent filled with ingrates. Rewind you back to Africa of a hundred years,you start wishing it away like a bad dream

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by ikorodureporta: 4:18pm On Mar 21, 2018
All na wash
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by labake1(f): 4:20pm On Mar 21, 2018
fuellessgen:

Na white people you wan see before?

Leave that aside. See your moniker
I need fuel for my gen shocked
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by Nobody: 4:30pm On Mar 21, 2018
Onyinye15:

Really

Happy birthday to us
yes oo, God bless awa two
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by kjhova(m): 5:00pm On Mar 21, 2018
leye4u:
so you believe Oduduwa was the first man on earth ....my Yoruba teacher then said he and his father Lamurudu migrated from mecca .....conflicting stories.... Even the esu you are talking about ,we did some studies about him,he's got a lot of similarities to the description of Satan in the bible because of his wicked acts

So you believe Adam and Eve were the 1st humans on Earth...my BK teacher then said their son, Cain, was chased out after killing Abel and marked on the head so that his evil will be identifiable to all strangers...who are these?...Even the Esu you are talking about, we did some studies about him, he's got a lot of similarities to the description of Jehovah in the bible because of his tough judgements.

Hope I have been able to show you how bad premise can lead to poor conclusions. Know-the-ledge my friend.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by kjhova(m): 5:07pm On Mar 21, 2018
bionixs:
all the human sacrifices to appease those deities. save 2 set of twins and sacrifice 7 human heads. hypocrisy is the problems Africans have. a continent filled with ingrates. Rewind you back to Africa of a hundred years,you start wishing it away like a bad dream

Every race in the world is a product of a violent past, be it recently as 100yrs ago or as far back as 1,000yrs. Human sacrifice wasn't restricted to African tribal practise. From the Aztecs in America, to the Druids and Vandals in Europe, to pre-Islam Arabia and elsewhere in Asia, various religions sacrificed humans as well as multitude of animals to appease all manners of gods. What's your point again?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by Timsco90: 5:07pm On Mar 21, 2018
And these are places christians need to preach and hold crusades for he that wins a soul is wise
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by leye4u: 5:16pm On Mar 21, 2018
kjhova:

So you believe Adam and Eve were the 1st humans on Earth...my BK teacher then said their son, Cain, was chased out after killing Abel and marked on the head so that his evil will be identifiable to all strangers...who are these?...Even the Esu you are talking about, we did some studies about him, he's got a lot of similarities to the description of Jehovah in the bible because of his tough judgements.

Hope I have been able to show you how bad premise can lead to poor conclusions. Know-the-ledge my friend.
I don't have problems with people like you,I would only cast out the devil that's speaking through you and you would be rolling on the floor... No be today

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by kjhova(m): 5:22pm On Mar 21, 2018
leye4u:

I don't have problems with people like you,I would only cast out the devil that's speaking through you and you would be rolling on the floor... No be today

Now he suggests exorcism. This one is beyond solutions.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by Nobody: 5:26pm On Mar 21, 2018
crooked pastor! he should go and preach near Amadioha and he will go home with a bleeding bottom
Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by Orion21: 5:32pm On Mar 21, 2018
Nairalanddist:
angry Christianity should be banned just like China did. The federal government should amend the Nigerian constitution so Islam would become the only religion all Nigerians can practice. Enough of these infidels populating the country

These world can't exist without diversity in all aspects (race, believe, religion,skin color, tribe) you name it.

The forest doesnt exist with only shrubs..the jungle doesn't exist with only snakes or foxes, the universe doesnt exist with mars as the only planet but with all type n manner of plant, animal n planetary bodies respectively all in harmony, interaction and dependence for their individual sustenance..that how the creator made it so..

So how do get idea of a single religion in such a diverse geographical population of 160million people

If your mentality and opinion to life n national progress is this myopic and you still think like this at this age, time and season, then all of the resources spent to educate your mind till date has been a waste.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 21, 2018
Nairalanddist:
It Shall Neva Be Well With U And Ur God Forsaken Islam...Paegan

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo Preaching Near Devils Shrine In Sango Ota by BiafraAmaka(m): 7:25pm On Mar 21, 2018
[quote author=Millz404 post=66027973]When him go vex... No run o
And you above for taking my chance at making ftc for the first time.... I am headed to your backyard with charms[/

]When him go vex... No run o
And you above for taking my chance at making ftc for the first time.... I am heading to your backyard with charms

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

12 Bible Verses To Help You Conquer Lust And Pornography / You Can’t Make Heaven If You Take Vitamin C And Eat Titus Fish – Preacher ) / Mike Bamiloye Condemns Christian Ladies Who Look Different On Their Wedding Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.