Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,203 members, 7,835,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Why We Keep ‘secret Accounts’ Unknown To Our Husbands – Public Opinion - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why We Keep ‘secret Accounts’ Unknown To Our Husbands – Public Opinion (375 Views)

A Nice Lady Unknown To Me Picked Me Up When I Was Trekking Today To The Office / When Your Pennis Is Outside Unknown To You. / Lady Dumped Her Boyfriend Cos He's Ugly, Unknown To Her, He Bought Her Iphone 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why We Keep ‘secret Accounts’ Unknown To Our Husbands – Public Opinion by Temi555: 4:46pm On Mar 21, 2018
Women in the FCT on Wednesday expressed divergent views on why they operate secret bank accounts without the knowledge of their spouses or partners.

Some of these women told News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja that the reasons for shielding such accounts from their husbands range from mistrust, fear of separation and behaviour change.

However, some said it was to enable them to save money for the `rainy day’ as well as to assist their family members without unnecessary confrontation from their husbands or partners.

Jummai Danladi, a health worker, said that she did not trust her husband and had no confidence that her marriage would stand the test of time.

“I do not trust my husband because he cheats on me indiscriminately; his infidelity is affecting our marriage; the marriage may collapse any moment; that is why I am secretly saving for the rainy day.’’

According to her, the money she is saving without his knowledge is to enable her to take care of herself and the children when the need arises.

Meanwhile, Bunmi Ade, a sales representative, said that her husband is a spendthrift and mismanages the family’s resources.

“My husband and I have a joint account but I had to secretly open another one because he squanders the money on frivolities.

“However, when an important and urgent need arises we end up borrowing to solve it,” Mrs. Ade said.

According to her, she lends him money from her personal savings and collects interest claiming it is from her office cooperative to dissuade him from spending indiscriminately.

Loveth Chukwuma said her husband’s lack of respect and regard for her and her family led to the non-disclosure of her financial status.

“My husband has little regard for my family and rarely attends to their needs even when it is urgent.

“In order to avoid friction, I operate my account without his knowledge and I use my money to cater for my parents and personal needs without bothering him.”

Similarly, Gift Emmanuel, a food vendor, said she hid her money from her husband because it was his responsibility to carter to the needs of the family.

“Him money, na CONTINUE
Re: Why We Keep ‘secret Accounts’ Unknown To Our Husbands – Public Opinion by ImaIma1(f): 7:05pm On Mar 21, 2018
A secret account is necessary especially for a rainy day where you come and save the day.
Re: Why We Keep ‘secret Accounts’ Unknown To Our Husbands – Public Opinion by themaestro08(m): 7:22pm On Mar 21, 2018
the rainy day will be in handy if the woman is a cheat.

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Stay Looking So Good? / How Genital Body Image Impacts Our Sex Life / Random Passionate Evening In Sydney, Australia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.