Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,799 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? (9894 Views)

Garba Shehu: Accept Repentant Boko Haram Fighters Or They Go Back To Terrorism / How UNIMAID Student ‘tricked Boko Haram To Escape Abduction’ / Boko Haram To Keep Leah As Slave For Life, As Another Aide Worker Gets Executed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Lukgaf(m): 5:06am On Mar 22, 2018
You weep a times while reading Nigeria news most especially Boko Haram. But something is not clear to me about the issue BOKO HARAM, FG negotiated for the release of few Chibok girls, early yesterday, they brought the recently abducted girls themselves. Who are FG negotiating with? How come they (mediator) know them (Boko Haram)? Does that mean FG know those in charge? But remember people are dieing daily on this issue of Boko Haram. Our military men are always killed by those guys and FG claimed they negotiate with them, but why not negotiate with them to end the terrorism. This to me is an irony.

If truly you negotiate with Boko Haram and it is not politics like people claimed, why can't you negotiate with them to put end to terrorism? Or what's your view?

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Lukgaf(m): 5:10am On Mar 22, 2018
Mynd44 kindly clarify this issue first before I ask lalasticlala to shed more light on it. It is even giving me headache

7 Likes

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by orisa37: 5:46am On Mar 22, 2018
The Cancer is in The Body of F.G. RESTRUCTURING IS SOLUTION.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by FarahAideed: 5:58am On Mar 22, 2018
Remember this same Boko Haram once trusted Buhari enough to name him as their negotiator in the past and yesterday at DAPCHI they showed the same trust again by strolling into town after Buhari govt gave them a window of cease fire ..there is more to this than meets the eyes

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Alexk2(m): 6:06am On Mar 22, 2018
Lukgaf:
You weep a times while reading Nigeria news most especially Boko Haram. But something is not clear to me about the issue BOKO HARAM, FG negotiated for the release of few Chibok girls, early yesterday, they brought the recently abducted girls themselves. Who are FG negotiating with? How come they (mediator) know them (Boko Haram)? Does that mean FG know those in charge? But remember people are dieing daily on this issue of Boko Haram. Our military men are always killed by those guys and FG claimed they negotiate with them, but why not negotiate with them to end the terrorism. This to me is an irony.

If truly you negotiate with Boko Haram and it is not politics like people claimed, why can't you negotiate with them to put end to terrorism? Or what's your view?
When you understand terrorism deeply and their module operadi all over the world, you won't even ask any of those questions....rather you'll commend fg for getting this one right. It is never a conventional warfare that you can just go with your arsenals and And like that. All over the world, negotiations are made with terrorists for reasons similar to this one. It is ignorant and too much Hollywood that makes people believe USA don't negotiate with terrorist; they do wella. Though this kidnap shouldn't have happened to start with but we should all be happy that they're back wihin the shortest possible time. Trust me, it was irresponsibility and insentivity to human lives on the part of the govt of the day that makes chibok own linger on for this long.

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by cyberdurable(m): 9:47am On Mar 22, 2018
*Blows whistle* Buhari your time is up, you are going back to Daura, your farm needs you more, thanks for your purported sufferings and hardship you brought, I and my family have decided to give you a red card

25 Likes

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Iceman2017(m): 9:48am On Mar 22, 2018
You mean the government that negotiate with terrorist

1 Like

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by cyberdurable(m): 9:48am On Mar 22, 2018
cool
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by AltarBoy1: 9:48am On Mar 22, 2018
Seriously, me am tired of Nigeria. I wish I was born in Benin republic, Togo or even Angola. All the poor African nation's surrounding Nigeria are not as bad as this. Fact is simple,Buhari and his cohort are the founders and funders of Boko Haram. Even if Buhari was not among those who founded it, right now he knows much about them and controls them. Probably, the once attacking pole now could be it's splinter cell. But the main Boko Haram is under the funding and Buhari and his fellow northern elites.

3 Likes

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by hoygift(m): 9:48am On Mar 22, 2018
You people have seen nothing yet, just wait by mistake PRIVATE MAIL BOX (PMB) emerge as the president again you will not be here again to make this thread....

You know why, below

2 Likes

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by judecares1(m): 9:48am On Mar 22, 2018
Mr Op have u forgotten that Buhari is d founder of Boko Haram?

Boko Haram are the new set of looters been established under Buhari regime

3 Likes

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Xisnin(m): 9:49am On Mar 22, 2018
Alexk2:

When you understand terrorism deeply and their module operadi all over the world, you won't even ask any of those questions....rather you'll commend fg for getting this one right. It is never a conventional warfare that you can just go with your arsenals and And like that. All over the world, negotiations are made with terrorists for reasons similar to this one. It is ignorant and too much Hollywood that makes people believe USA don't negotiate with terrorist; they do wella. Though this kidnap shouldn't have happened to start with but we should all be happy that they're back wihin the shortest possible time. Trust me, it was irresponsibility and insentivity to human lives on the part of the govt of the day that makes chibok own linger on for this long.

You said nothing because you were just beating about the bush.
The question was why not negotiate for ceasefire but you are telling us
how USA allegedly negotiates with terrorists.

24 Likes

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Nobody: 9:49am On Mar 22, 2018
You want FG to negotiate with bokoharam? But it can kill armless IPOB ?

4 Likes

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Kizyte(m): 9:49am On Mar 22, 2018
To the Nigerian Government, to Sarrki, to Madridguy, to Buhariguy, including Zombies not mentioned, listen to the words of Late Chief Okadigbo.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by olujastro: 9:49am On Mar 22, 2018
You can only negotiate with who wants to be negotiated with. Bokoharam carried out those kidnaps because they wanted to be negotiated with and secure more money for their operations as well as the return of their members in return.
They strongly believe in what they do, that they are executing the work of Allah. You can't negotiate with that.

5 Likes

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Bizibi(m): 9:49am On Mar 22, 2018
Alexk2:

hehehehehehe
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by KEVIND: 9:50am On Mar 22, 2018
boko Haram has been hijacked by some politicians in the country.The original ideology of the sect has now been converted to a money making venture and propaganda and a political tool adopted by some heartless politicians to attain political power.

3 Likes

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Penalty82(m): 9:50am On Mar 22, 2018
Alexk2:

LAME

8 Likes

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by IRIEBOY(m): 9:50am On Mar 22, 2018
meself e weak me...I now believe APC has a hand in all this drama
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by cyberdurable(m): 9:51am On Mar 22, 2018
KEVIND:
boko Haram is

North cool
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Nnemuka(f): 9:51am On Mar 22, 2018
People make money from unrest and chaos happening especially from boko haram.
Terrorism cannot go just like that. Boko haram is a tool used by northern elite to enrich themselves

4 Likes

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Nobody: 9:52am On Mar 22, 2018
Lukgaf:

The problem with organisations like Boko Haram is that the don't do compromise. All they do is 'It is my way or the highway'

This is typical of many 'rebel' or 'terror' organisations like the FARC in Colombia. It took the Colombian government over 40 years to even get FARC to agree to lay down their arms and achieve their goals politically, and it also took the British government 22 years to convince the IRA , UVF to lay down their arms, and take part in the political process.

But with Boko...the problem is that they don't even accept the existence of Nigeria as a secular state, or the authority of the government, or the right of other Nigerians , including even their fellow muslims to live the way they think they should live. How do you negotiate with such a group.? That they are even willing to talk to the govt about the Chibok and Dapichi girls was really the work of some strong arm persuasion...with neutral parties doing a lot of the spadework. But asking them to lay down their arms? Not going to happen. Not with the kind of belief structure they have. You see the same thing with Joseph Kony and the LRA in Uganda...over 30 yeears fighting to instill their view of Chirstianity on Uganda...or Al Qaeda...nearly 30 years.

Again, negotiation is going to involve amnesty. How do you grant amnesty to a group of people responsible for death and destruction? What does this say to millions of Nigerians who have suffered under their hands.? Same thing in Colombia....FARC got amnesty...lots of people who suffered under their rule got angry that nobody would answer for the crimes committed against them.

Modified: Big thanks to OP for the question by the way.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by ollah2: 9:53am On Mar 22, 2018
They wouldn't put an end to a billion dollar business. Terrorism everywhere in the world is business.

Anywhere terrorists are present, it's all business.

2 Likes

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Dannyset(m): 9:53am On Mar 22, 2018
Chai
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Olalan(m): 9:53am On Mar 22, 2018
The problem with insurgencies in Nigeria is the political undertone in it, from the north, east, south and west groups have unleashed untold mayhem and destruction and gone away with it cause some persons are refusing to act accordingly due to political and sometimes religious reasons.
Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by slimthugchimee2(m): 9:54am On Mar 22, 2018
Xisnin:

You said nothing because you were just beating about the bush.
The question was why not negotiate for ceasefire but you are telling us
how USA allegedly negotiates with terrorists.
shekau you heard in a video that said he will fight till his last blood, or is it the ceasefire that jona negotiated but instead the next day they attacked one town.....how many terrorist in this world have negotiations stopped

1 Like

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Quality20(m): 9:54am On Mar 22, 2018
the collateral damage of this senseless war is too much.Gov shd pls bring an end to this rubbish war by whatever means they deem fit as dictated by wisdom

1 Like

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by Jatinzbusinessc(m): 9:55am On Mar 22, 2018
wink

When there is a war people enjoy, it's a very big and lucrative business especially for the war Lords that supply the artillery used in the fight.

One there is an international interest in this war
State interest
Individual interest

Ransom are paid and negotiations are made soft landing are brought to the table.

The reason why this fight has not ended is because the government are not ready to sacrifice a little and cut off all means of bargain with the bh boys as they have proven to be invincible

But I still maintain the fact that there are interested parties benefiting from this deals if not foreign currency will not be demanding for ransom why not Nigerian currency.

But hence BUHARi wins the 2019 election am relocating to Toronto undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by rozayx5(m): 9:55am On Mar 22, 2018
Book haram and bubari work together

Forget all these stories you hear

They have same agenda with Fulani herdsmen still sponsored by APC

5 Likes

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 9:55am On Mar 22, 2018
Federal Republished of Comedy.

#rescuenigeria
Get your PVC .

Granpa must go back to daura

3 Likes

Re: Why FG Could Not Negotiate With Boko Haram To Put End To Terrorism? by SuperBlack: 9:57am On Mar 22, 2018
Buhari is Boko Haram. BOKO haram is Buhari. Arrest Buhari and he will lead us where he's boys is.

Don't quote me, i'm commenting with my data.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FEC Approves N109.4bn For Ibadan – Ilesha – Ife, Kano – Katsina Dual Carriage Wa / Agbazuere, Ikpeazu's Aide Orders Torture Of ABN TV Staff - Ifeanyi Okali / Enugu State Eyes Soaring Digital Economy With E-Yes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.