Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:10 AM

Jonathan To Inaugurate Rivers’ Gas Turbine - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Inaugurate Rivers’ Gas Turbine (614 Views)

President Buhari To Inaugurate His Cabinet On Wednesday By 10 AM / Four Die In Rivers Gas Explosion / Fayose Riding On "Okada" To Inaugurate The New House Of Assembly [Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Inaugurate Rivers’ Gas Turbine by Afanna1: 1:00am On May 04, 2010
[b]Jonathan to inaugurate Rivers’ gas turbine
By Chukwudi Akasike, Port Harcourt, Published: Tuesday, 4 May 2010

ACTING President Goodluck Jonathan will on Thursday inaugurate the new 100 megawatts gas turbine facility in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

The state-owned project, which is expected to be switched on by the Acting President, will boost electricity supply in the state.

According to a statement signed by the Acting Chief Press Secretary to the State Governor, Mr. Blessing Wikina, the inauguration of the gas turbine facility will form part of the activities of Jonathan, who will be on a three-day visit to the state.

Governor Rotimi Amaechi was quoted in the statement as saying that the Acting President would among other things inaugurate the Eleme Junction flyover project, the Rumuola-Rumuokwuta Road and Oginigba-Rumuobiakani Road and also inspect ongoing school building projects.

Amaechi said that the school projects, which had reached advanced stages would be inspected to see how the state’s new 24-model secondary schools would look like on completion. [/b]
Re: Jonathan To Inaugurate Rivers’ Gas Turbine by EzeUche(m): 1:16am On May 04, 2010
I support this!!!  grin

#Afanna:

Governor Rotimi Amaechi was quoted in the statement as saying that the Acting President would among other things inaugurate the Eleme Junction flyover project, the [b]Rumuola-Rumuokwuta
Road and Oginigba-Rumuobiakani [/b]Road and also inspect ongoing school building projects.

But what is up with these Ikwerre putting 'Rumu' to make the roads sound less Igbo. lol Very funny these Ikwerre people.

I think they are suffering worse than the akatas when it comes to a identity crisis.
Re: Jonathan To Inaugurate Rivers’ Gas Turbine by mamagee3(f): 1:17am On May 04, 2010
I think it's all about talk the talk instead of Work the Work.
Re: Jonathan To Inaugurate Rivers’ Gas Turbine by amadiva1: 2:44am On May 05, 2010
Rumu is part of the Ikwerre dialect and they reserve the right to name their communities the way they please . the  Igbo feel  offended when the Ikwerre say they are not Igbo and most of you would love a situation where the Ikwerre admit to being Igbo.However, you deride them at every turn and even mock their language .It is this same domineering ,disrespectful and dismissive  attitude that made a lot of the other southern minorities wary of the Igbo in the  former eastern region and also contributed to the partial  lack of support from the other minorities for the biafran war  .This ultimately contributed, howbeit partially to the loss of the biafran war. The igbo need to understudy successful expeditions in diplomacy to help them interract with each other and also with their neighbours. grin
Re: Jonathan To Inaugurate Rivers’ Gas Turbine by udezue(m): 3:08am On May 05, 2010
"Rumu" is excluively ikwerre dialect and in some areas they say "umu". The Aro say "za" for "bu". The Oka say Obu for Obi.

Many Igbos are ignorant of these facts.

I don't are if they say TUMU sef as long as they don't deny being Igbo.
Re: Jonathan To Inaugurate Rivers’ Gas Turbine by OAM4J: 6:08am On May 05, 2010
Good. Let there be light!
Re: Jonathan To Inaugurate Rivers’ Gas Turbine by texazzpete(m): 7:13am On May 05, 2010
Please someone educate me, Is this not the same 100 MW gas turbine built by Odili? Hasn't this been inaugurated by Obasanjo already?
Re: Jonathan To Inaugurate Rivers’ Gas Turbine by deor03(m): 7:27am On May 05, 2010
texazzpete:

Please someone educate me, Is this not the same 100 MW gas turbine built by Odili? Hasn't this been inaugurated by Obasanjo already?

Same question on my mind
Re: Jonathan To Inaugurate Rivers’ Gas Turbine by 77ken: 9:09am On May 05, 2010
Odili did not complete the gas turbine, he did the more u look the less u see to OBJ, that contributed to their falling apart.

(1) (Reply)

Ibori Granted Bail, Plans Escape From Dubai / Where Do You See Nigeria In Year 2020, Better Or Worse ? / Who Gets Paid What In The Obama White House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.