Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,132 members, 7,829,039 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

One Nigeria Project, A Reality! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Nigeria Project, A Reality! (655 Views)

Finally, The 2nd Niger Bridge Is Becoming A Reality - See Live Images From Site / Why Are Yorubas Ready To Take Anything...just For One Nigeria? / Ebonyi Ring Road Project, A Dream Come True (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Nigeria Project, A Reality! by sujexy(m): 7:53am On Mar 23, 2018
When I hear different people postulate the different causes of the ills experienced in Nigeria, I just laugh over how we have decided to intentionally lie to ourselves. The major cankerworm eating Nigeria off is TRIBALISM.
Humans have the natural ability to “think about self first” which might not be that bad itself but the uncontrolled practice of this act lies the threat.
Statistics prove that an average Nigeria has 70% potential of been affined to his cultural origin more than anything else.
A promising Friend of mine went for a job interview in a promising firm here in the southwest. After series of tests and interview sessions, he was scheduled for a chat with the top management of the firm which he also put up a brilliant performance. After the whole session, an irrelevant and disqualifying question was put up to him, “which tribe are you” The answer to this question earned him an automatic disqualification from the job he was well qualified for. This practice is not predominant just in the southwest, it is a disease that is over distributed in every corner of our great country Nigeria!
I now sat down to quickly analyze the root of the issue in Nigeria. This I found out that 80% of Nigerian Citizens sees any person not sharing same cultural root as a foreigner who must not be given the “good of the land” This reminds me of 1 epistle of Paul to the Corinthian Church (13th of the 12th chapter) “For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit”
The annoying part is that Christians whom i believe should be the bridge towards the correction of most of these anomalies are also helplessly immersed in this ugly situation. There is no Jews nor Gentles in Christ, neither is there any Yoruba nor Igbo, as we all have been baptized into one body of Christ. and shares same ancestry with Abraham
When I look at an individual, I see Christ, I don’t see language, tribe or any social barrier. If we all should stand up to our collective responsibilities, I see a mighty nation arising from the ruins which our Fathers have always fought to keep unified. I see a nation where jobs are given to citizens not on the bases of Origin but because of the applicant’s skills and qualifications. I see a nation where no one is judged by the sins of their Fathers, but by their individual responsibilities as no one chooses the location or tribe to be borne into. I see a nation where leaders are elected not because of their tribes or religion but on their ability to cause the common positive Change we all yearn for. I see Nigeria been great again as our mentalities and actions change for the good. God is the God of all flesh. See everyone as a brother. Let us forget the past and jointly move forward together. Together we stand, divided we fall.
I AM SO INTERESTED IN THE NIGERIA PROJECT!
I STAND FOR ONE NIGERIA!

lalasticlala oya see this one

1 Like

Re: One Nigeria Project, A Reality! by sujexy(m): 7:56am On Mar 23, 2018
truly!
Re: One Nigeria Project, A Reality! by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 23, 2018
xx

1 Like 1 Share

Re: One Nigeria Project, A Reality! by sujexy(m): 8:18am On Mar 23, 2018
Drlouis415:
hhahahahaa
see this one!

There will never be a one Nigeria but "one 9Jararia"
I still believe there would!
I cnt give up this early on Nigeria
Re: One Nigeria Project, A Reality! by conductorl6: 8:24am On Mar 23, 2018
[s]
sujexy:
When I hear different people postulate the different causes of the ills experienced in Nigeria, I just laugh over how we have decided to intentionally lie to ourselves. The major cankerworm eating Nigeria off is TRIBALISM.
Humans have the natural ability to “think about self first” which might not be that bad itself but the uncontrolled practice of this act lies the threat.
Statistics prove that an average Nigeria has 70% potential of been affined to his cultural origin more than anything else.
A promising Friend of mine went for a job interview in a promising firm here in the southwest. After series of tests and interview sessions, he was scheduled for a chat with the top management of the firm which he also put up a brilliant performance. After the whole session, an irrelevant and disqualifying question was put up to him, “which tribe are you” The answer to this question earned him an automatic disqualification from the job he was well qualified for. This practice is not predominant just in the southwest, it is a disease that is over distributed in every corner of our great country Nigeria!
I now sat down to quickly analyze the root of the issue in Nigeria. This I found out that 80% of Nigerian Citizens sees any person not sharing same cultural root as a foreigner who must not be given the “good of the land” This reminds me of 1 epistle of Paul to the Corinthian Church (13th of the 12th chapter) “For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit”
The annoying part is that Christians whom i believe should be the bridge towards the correction of most of these anomalies are also helplessly immersed in this ugly situation. There is no Jews nor Gentles in Christ, neither is there any Yoruba nor Igbo, as we all have been baptized into one body of Christ. and shares same ancestry with Abraham
When I look at an individual, I see Christ, I don’t see language, tribe or any social barrier. If we all should stand up to our collective responsibilities, I see a mighty nation arising from the ruins which our Fathers have always fought to keep unified. I see a nation where jobs are given to citizens not on the bases of Origin but because of the applicant’s skills and qualifications. I see a nation where no one is judged by the sins of their Fathers, but by their individual responsibilities as no one chooses the location or tribe to be borne into. I see a nation where leaders are elected not because of their tribes or religion but on their ability to cause the common positive Change we all yearn for. I see Nigeria been great again as our mentalities and actions change for the good. God is the God of all flesh. See everyone as a brother. Let us forget the past and jointly move forward together. Together we stand, divided we fall.
I AM SO INTERESTED IN THE NIGERIA PROJECT!
I STAND FOR ONE NIGERIA!

lalasticlala oya see this one
[/s]
Shithole people with early morning unity begging.

Re: One Nigeria Project, A Reality! by sujexy(m): 9:16am On Mar 23, 2018
bros I am Igbo abeg
I don't knw which one you are tagging me a unity beggar for saying the obvious truth

(1) (Reply)

CIA Must Update Its FACTBOOK About Nigeria. / president Buhari Has Done Very Well In All Ramification He Deserve A Second term / Ekwueme Square Declaration 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.