Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,206 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

We Don’t Have Capacity To Defend Schools From Terrorists’ Invasion – Army - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Don’t Have Capacity To Defend Schools From Terrorists’ Invasion – Army (15755 Views)

Coalition Commends Buhari For "Liberating 5 North-East States From Terrorists" / 2023 Is Do Or Die, I Have Capacity To Move My People Out Of Kogi- Former Gov / Buratai Warns Commanders Against Fleeing From Terrorists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: We Don’t Have Capacity To Defend Schools From Terrorists’ Invasion – Army by Jebosh(m): 8:13am On Mar 24, 2018
Now we can see how peace corps will be useful,we can't use police and army to be safeguarding schools with guns because they can misused it against student.Part of peace corps work is to safeguarding the schools,students and others against attacks but our President and those supporting him will not allow it to happen because they see that avenue to embezzled our money(negotiating with terrorist with euros,dollars not even naira).I pity those youth supporting our President for declining his assent over peace corps bill
Re: We Don’t Have Capacity To Defend Schools From Terrorists’ Invasion – Army by wirinet(m): 8:19am On Mar 24, 2018
komekn:

Nigerian armed forces are very reflective of the indepth, ingrained and endemic corruption that pervades every area of government.

Modern armies do not rely on numbers to monitor and police an area but on an entire connective modern communication infrastructure, pro active contingency plans, interfacing, rapid response and fit for purpose precision weaponry.

Glam! Modern armies do not rely on sheer numbers, they rely on modern gadgets, hardware and strategy.

If defending north east Nigeria seems impossible, you will wonder how Russia that is more than 20 times the size of Nigeria with less population are able to defend theirs.

This Boko Haram embarrassment is a reflection of the rota in our military over the decades. The generals had become politicians over the decades and have deliberately allowed our military to rot.

1 Like

Re: We Don’t Have Capacity To Defend Schools From Terrorists’ Invasion – Army by wirinet(m): 8:33am On Mar 24, 2018
Cromcruach91:

Well, you said that the army can't be deployed to all schools....

There is no army in the world that can deploy troops to all school within its territory.

Which means Boko will just focus their kidnapping effort on the schools where there are no troops.
What is our military, security organizations and intelligence organisations looking at when a group of more than 50 terrorists regroup, drive for up to two hours to get to their target with a convoy of up to 20 cars and trucks, carry out their activities for hours and then drive back to their destination for hours again. Why are our security personnels collecing huge salaries and allowances?

You have confirmed my point.

Also, fast deployment you have in mind ...the problem is, boko might just simply use their hostages as civillian shields.....(There is a reason why even though I did not like GEJ, I still liked the fact that he did not go rushing in to save the Chibok girls.....).

A hostage situation is much better and less embarrassing than terrorist having free reign without any intervention by the security organisations. Hostage situations happen every were around the word, but it is only in Nigeria that terrorists can have free reign for hours without confrontation.

Jonathan did not even acknowledge that girls were kidnapped until 3 weeks after the Chibok abductions, so don't come telling us that the delay in response was strategic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Northwest Demands Lion Share Of Revenue Allocation To States, LGAs / Junction Improvement Projects: Makinde Gives Free Shops To 700 Traders In Ibadan / Who's Olawunmi Abiola? She Brands Politicians Bastards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.