Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,604 members, 7,827,279 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? (26588 Views)

Am I Overreacting? / I Am Beginning To Hate My Only Son / Am I Overreacting Or Is It Normal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by nowpresence(f): 10:18am On Mar 25, 2018
nkemdi89:

Staying alone is not the solution, when the time for your rightful husband to come, he will, so many men takes advantage of single ladies staying alone, they will always like to use your apartment as a getaway . free food, comfort and sex loading, you just have to be principled enough to stand your ground when living alone, because most men will perceive you as a vulnerable lady who no matter how strong she exhibits will always need a male around her. I am talking from experience because I started living alone since I was 18, your parents knows what they see.
True! I experienced some of these during nysc but with time I got control of the situation.
if you don't want to do something nobody can force you, Las Las they might not be friends with you anymore which is OK. nobody wants a leach around.

@op if you feel that is the right to do please by all means go ahead and whatever consequences that comes with it take responsibility for it. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by santricedupas(m): 10:19am On Mar 25, 2018
call me let's hang out one weekend :Pcall me let's hang out one weekend
Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by Nobody: 10:38am On Mar 25, 2018
My own is ever ready to make your life unbearable, wen your phone rings who is that? I want to go for reunion why is it in the evening? I want to Make my hair, pack your hair after all u have a long hair. Wat do I even do self. Last week it got to its peak and I rebelled Na so momsie cry for me like I kill person. Yesterday own was a tribe I cant marry from Na so she talk oo. And I just decided to be quiet, weekend is always annoying to me. Now its u cant marry him because he's from here and u are a christian, and dude created himself. One day Na to run comot from house for months wen she see me she go behave..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by Nobody: 10:44am On Mar 25, 2018
ndy87:
My own is ever ready to make your life unbearable, wen your phone rings who is that? I want to go for reunion why is it in the evening? I want to Make my hair, pack your hair after all u have a long hair. Wat do I even do self. Last week it got to its peak and I rebelled Na so momsie cry for me like I kill person. Yesterday own was a tribe I cant marry from Na so she talk oo. And I just decided to be quiet, weekend is always annoying to me. Now its u cant marry him because he's from here and u are a christian, and dude created himself. One day Na to run comot from house for months wen she see me she go behave..
eeyah sorry to hear that. That's more like picking on you and monitoring your movements. I hope they will understand soon and encourage you in the right way.
Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by Nobody: 10:47am On Mar 25, 2018
Tosinex:
eeyah sorry to hear that. I hope they will understand soon

U wont understand o. 31 yrs old lady with a masters degree. Then she keeps telling you how men are not good and how u don't need a Man. Mommy oooo grin
Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by enemyofprogress: 10:53am On Mar 25, 2018
Shebi I tolded you to marry me when you were 24 years old,you said no to me because I was not burned by Dangote, now at 30 you are still at your parents home lamenting. Sidon there, no comot come look for me where I dey dey wait for you as wife no 4
Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by Saintsquare(m): 10:54am On Mar 25, 2018
Op you need to understand that naija parent are domineering in nature,always want u to do there bidding else they believe you have gone rogue. The best solution is to say out your mind and if you finally decide to get a place of your own,u shouldn't leave the house out of annoyance or grievance.
Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:12am On Mar 25, 2018
Celepope:
So many people are suffering this same fate as yours.The aftermath is mentally wrecking.Even in western countries like America and UK where there is high level of freedom,Nigerian parents still want to dictate for their children.I went through same from my mum.When I finally left my parents home at my early twenties after graduating from college,I became a loosed canon.Any given opportunity I have with members of the opposite sex, I will want to make sure I get them down.I found it hard to settle with a girl because I was always searching for a lady whom my mum won't find any fault in.Up till now, me being in my mid thirties and with a good career,I still can't find that girl all because I want to please my mum.At 30 OP u stayed too long with them hopefully your life don't get screwed just as others are because of the draconian nature of Nigerian parents.May God help u in this step you are about to take.

I hope you've realised now that you need a woman you can live with. Your wife should be pleasing to you first....Not your mum.
Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by poseidon12: 11:18am On Mar 25, 2018
Desirae:
Hello everyone.

I come from a very overprotective and irrational family. I just turned 30, I’m gainfully employed and doing so well in my career.

However, my social life is suffering. Most times I want to spend weekends with friends, or just hang out with colleagues after work, but by 7:00 I’ll already have over 15 calls from my parents asking if I’m on my way home. Yeah, I live with my parents.

Presently, I’ve been searching for an apartment so I would move out of their house. I need my freedom and independence. I feel like I can’t breathe!

Even weekends, when I decide to go out and chill with friends, they ask all manner of questions “who are you doing with, where are you going to, hope you’ll be back before 5”. Seriously! I’m 30 years old! And they’ll be the ones asking why I haven’t brought a husband. Where will I find him? In my office? Or in my bedroom?

The last straw was last week. My best friend lost her mum. When I told my own mum, her response was “oh she has finally died? Ehn, shey she’s been sick. Why do you now want to spend the weekend with her? For what”

I was furious, but I didn’t say a word so I won’t regret anything. How would she feel if her husband died and someone said “oh he’s finally dead?” Even my dad doesn’t help matters! How insensitive could people be?! They seem to forget death is inevitable. And anyone can go at anytime.

I’ve made up my mind to move out this month. I love them, I wish them well, but I can’t do all of this madness with them. I’m done being controlled and told what to do and what not to do. I’m not a kid. Most of my mates have more than 2 children.

I love them, but I’m done!

Are you an only child? Most Nigerian parents don't know when to let go. You have to claim your freedom yourself. Good you have a good job. Just get an apartment and move out asap.
Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:22am On Mar 25, 2018
AreaFada2:

Look, most of the educated parents who left villages or semi-rural areas to bigger towns early in life got their freedom early. Just like you mentioned. Their time was a libertarian one. From the 1960s upwards. In that time many were up to no good and made mistakes while being students or young employees in the cities. Despite regaling you with stories of how decent they were, most actually weren't. grin cheesy

I have been shocked lately to find out just how many of the women got married because they got pregnant in the mid 1960s to 1980s! grin cheesy Those still alive are now about 55 to 75 years old. I thought pregnancy out of wedlock was VERY rare back then. It wasn't.

So many parents have secret regrets from own mistakes. They are trying to ensure their children do not do same.

It might seem hypocritical to expect you to keep very high standards they couldn't back then. But maybe they believe their own parents failed them through inadequate guidance. And they do not want to do same.

We are lately also in an era of conservative religious revival. The opinions of church members/clergy matter once again to parents.

They are basically trying to live the "perfect" life through their children. The result is parents becoming over-protective.

OP should make it clear that she wants to be close to her place of work if possible. Or any such half-way plausible excuse. They will be riled by it initially but will ultimately accept it.

You've made so much sense. The way our parents parent us is largely an unconscious or deliberate manifestation of the way their own parents parented them.

The reactions could either be negative or positive. Either they do just what their own parents did...Or do the exact opposite.

They want to live the lives they didn't live in their own children. But parents forget that they are not the same with their children. From a very early age, children want to do their own things, but somehow parents expect them to do, say and act only the way they've asked them to.

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by AdeRational: 11:31am On Mar 25, 2018
@op I feel your pain. I'm a 29 old guy who will be leaving home soon. To all those saying you should allow narcissistic parents control your life just because you'll miss them when they die and to those saying you should stay home wih parents and stay unhappy just because they lost their own parents at 4yrs, I call BS on all that sentimental jargons. Besides it's missing the point. Leaving home or wanting to leave your narcissistic parents doesn't mean you love them any less, it means you're prioritizing your psychological health and fighting for your happiness and personal growth. And frankly speaking, those who lost their parents early in life can't even relate so just read and 'wakapass'. This is not your thread. I will never speak about the experiences of losing my parents at a tender age because I can't relate. Even if my parents die now, I've had them for 29 yrs already. It's different when you lose them early. And don't get me started on traditional African views of 'you have to do what your parents say, no matter...blah blah blah', 'what your parents can see while lying down, you won't see even if you climb a fence'. If our traditional African values are so sancrosanct, why are we stunted as a society?

So I'm 29 and I'm leaving home soon. It's been unbearable up to this point but I had little choice as I was broke and couldn't afford to leave. My parents are of the very religious overbearing, overprotective kind. But that's not even scratching the surface of my pain. Outside we look like the perfect family (I have an elder sister by the way) but inside I suffer a lot largely because of my independent views on everything (my sister is like them). They police my every movement. They pick my friends. I'm not even allowed to get a gf (they want to arrange a girl of their choice for me). I know I'm partly to blame since I allowed it but don't be so hard on me. I grew up in this very suppresive environment and although I knew it wasn't right, I never had the courage to standup for myself because my parents are like 'gods' in my community and I feared being the 'bad sheep' .

Now here's where it gets tricky. I do not rely on parents for anything (only shelter) as everything is a tool of control with them. They are very religious and that's the only thing they care about and how people view them. Growing up, if I don't go to 'church' - no food, if I don't go for evangelism - no food. Everything has to be on their own terms. They only care about religious things. Heck, they didn't even show up to my graduation (the both of them). While in school (Uni) they paid regular visits to me, handed me over to pastors who must give them reports every week. I was not permitted to own an account and must come home every month for my stipend. I was policed at every step of the way. No thanks to their parenting, I grew up to be a socially inept, badly depressed and anxious person. I'm taking therapy online now and getting better and I just have to leave home this year to get even better. I'm treated like a stranger now at home. I'm always in my room. (I run my own online business - freelance writing, cryptocurrency, HR advisement, etc.) I'm asked to drop at least 20 k every month yet I'm not allowed to eat with the family. I still buy my own food. I can afford to pay for rent now and leave home asap. But now in a bid to paint me the 'bad sheep', I was reported to the ministers in the church (like I said my Dad is very high ranking in our religion) to talk sense into me for going out to see a friend who they don't approve of and wanting to leave home now when I'm not married (Can you imagine!!!). They are still trying to paint a good image of the family. I didn't even know what to say and was mostly silent. I worry that If I start talking, I won't stop and will say all manner of things.

Children of narcissistic parents react differently to the treatment. And that's why my sister is different. She's very close to them. She's married now but still says at home instead of renting her own apartment (that's story for another time). She's the queen of the house and dominates while I just have to hide away in my room. She's affected too but is oblivious to this (she's closer to her parents than her husband). She's overly attached to them and gets a better treatment and so they all bully me together.

I'm not angry. I just need to leave to be happy and for peace of mind.

I'll stop ranting now. Sorry guys.
(So may typos...I know. I'm sorry)

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by Donemmy(m): 11:39am On Mar 25, 2018
Wagasigiungu:

Orisirisi something!!! Wonders shall never end. My people say who get cap no get head and who get head no get cap!!! Pls OP desist from using that word- despise- on your parents. There are literally millions of people desperately wishing they could have the love, attention and care (albeit suffocating according to you) of their parents, but alas, this can never be!!!!

Some don't even know their parents, some have lost theirs to the cold hands of death, some were never shown such love by their parents. The list is endless.

What am i driving at- appreciate what you have and look for a nice way to let them know how you feel. They obviously want the best and are looking out for you. How would you feel if you become a parent in future and your kids say such things about you?

[Addition] How would you feel if your future husband you love so much stays out very late into the night and you voice out your concerns for his late nights (out of love and care of course), but he sees it as you nagging and suffocating him with your actions (note that a spouse's love is very very minimal compared to that of parents IMO)

You are a very lucky person, you just don't realize it yet. As humans, we never appreciate what we have until we loose it (i pray this isn't your portion though)

A word, they say is enough for the wise!!!
God bless you richly. You just nailed it. nothing less.
Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by gratefulheart(m): 11:56am On Mar 25, 2018
Just apply wisdom in all your actions.
Sometimes is good to get a job in another location from your parent. They are just been protective. You can't blame them.

Desirae:
Hello everyone.

I come from a very overprotective and irrational family. I just turned 30, I’m gainfully employed and doing so well in my career.

However, my social life is suffering. Most times I want to spend weekends with friends, or just hang out with colleagues after work, but by 7:00 I’ll already have over 15 calls from my parents asking if I’m on my way home. Yeah, I live with my parents.

Presently, I’ve been searching for an apartment so I would move out of their house. I need my freedom and independence. I feel like I can’t breathe!

Even weekends, when I decide to go out and chill with friends, they ask all manner of questions “who are you doing with, where are you going to, hope you’ll be back before 5”. Seriously! I’m 30 years old! And they’ll be the ones asking why I haven’t brought a husband. Where will I find him? In my office? Or in my bedroom?

The last straw was last week. My best friend lost her mum. When I told my own mum, her response was “oh she has finally died? Ehn, shey she’s been sick. Why do you now want to spend the weekend with her? For what”

I was furious, but I didn’t say a word so I won’t regret anything. How would she feel if her husband died and someone said “oh he’s finally dead?” Even my dad doesn’t help matters! How insensitive could people be?! They seem to forget death is inevitable. And anyone can go at anytime.

I’ve made up my mind to move out this month. I love them, I wish them well, but I can’t do all of this madness with them. I’m done being controlled and told what to do and what not to do. I’m not a kid. Most of my mates have more than 2 children.

Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 25, 2018
9Ebisco:
BBNaija: I'm In Love With Denrele Edun -- Alex Reveals

Alex who is a housemate in the ongoing big brother Nigerian has spoken out on people that inspire her and those that are disappointing.

During a honest question and answer session last night in the house, when asked if anyone inspires her, she said Missy Elliot, Cynthia Morgan regarding her style and hair color.

When she was going on mentioning these names, she quickly mentioned Denrele Edun which she corrected saying he was a disappointment.

According to her Denrele disappointed her prior to her coming to Big Brother Nigerian house.

After she found out she was going to be on Big Brother Naija, she reached out to Denrele, and after they talked, he refused to be there for her. She said he stopped answering her calls and DMs and totally avoided her.

Despite all of this, she said she is still in love for him and loves the way he expresses himself fashion wise.

Alex has said that since coming to the BBNaija house the only thing she did that she has regretted doing is crying when Leo was evicted in the house.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/03/bbnaija-im-in-love-with-denrele-edun.html

Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by ikeyman00(m): 12:16pm On Mar 25, 2018
i never anticipate in giving advice in nl thread but today i must do

all these do this do that abi na war

let them have a detailed family meeting biko nu

then you can say i want to be paying rent in my apartment and that etc

they can also call to visit when they want

haba; mind how some of yall destroy people family

ok

YES we all went through that! these parent are wahala sometimes but prove to them who you are and win their trust for life

now listen MR 30 having to see privilege and freedom should never be abused

In such a cold world we are living ; where boko harem hausa fulani cow men dey use people to do suya and men of god look the other way in their private jet then you i mean YOU have RESPONSIBILITY to live up to; This is what borders you dad and mum
Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 25, 2018
Let me be honest with u....Nigeria parents has the mentality.... UA old enough to marry and have ur own family yet won't let u go out and find that husband....if u don't leave the house they will arrange marriage for u and force u.. Since your the type of I don't want to go against their will

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by coputa(m): 12:50pm On Mar 25, 2018
What is all this crave for freedom by the youths even when it's crystally clear that they are not ripe it.The fact that you're 30 years old or that you've gotten a degree does not make you matured.some of you will come over to social media to complain about your parents over protective attitude without also telling us your childish/not ready to learn attitude.some of you cannot even boil indomie or wash your cloth clean or some basic life etiquette.wearing saggy pant and opening your legs wide does not make you ripe for freedom.Stay with your parents and open your mind to learn,no parent will give their child scorpion instead of food.

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by jaxxy(m): 1:13pm On Mar 25, 2018
Desirae:
Hello everyone.

Whilst u don't need a bf to sort out ur issues u really DO need a bf to take ur mind to better things and get on with ur life as u want.

Ur parents being protective to me is a good thing bt the way they go about it is abit too much and also the way they talk about ur friends isnt nice maybe cos they barely know them or see them or smtn I don't know.

I don't really subscribe to single unmarried ladies staying alone cos guys prey on such ladies if she doesn't know wat shes doing so try to make sure if ure getting a place its not a lonely area and 2. u have nice neighbors or u get a nice flat mate. In trying to achieve want u want pls note also partying late all the time or all nite long isn't ideal also so don't take anything overboard.

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by Wagasigiungu(m): 1:18pm On Mar 25, 2018
OvaSabi1:

I did not say anyone was spewing thrash. You need to calm down with the exclamation marks. An exclamation mark means you're shouting and that is rude. You also need to stop mansplaining.

I apologize if my response to your earlier post seemed like i was being rude. That was never my intent. I would hv commented on the mansplaining but i don't think i understand what you meant by it. Peace.
Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Mar 25, 2018
Stallion93:
Very selfish, they just don't reason normally and that's the reason they're lots of confused youngsters out on the streets, they don't teach their kids how to be human with intergrity and independent rather they focus on their selfish desires so when the kids forcefully leave them or they the parents die; the whole world becomes like a Mazed labyrinth.
Its pathetic bro. That's why some 30 year olds can't take sound decisions. Too bad!!! I left my parents house when the exchange of words was becoming too much.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by Stallion93(m): 1:40pm On Mar 25, 2018
MasterRahl:
Its pathetic bro. That's why some 30 year olds can't take sound decisions. Too bad!!! I left my parents house when the exchange of words was becoming too much.
The Adults entirely have failed the millenials, it's the same parents occupying political positions that determines our future so u see why we're in such a mess, The issue of parenting should be a topic for National discussion because 90% of the adults here have zero parenting skills. Let's just try not to pass on their failures on our lives to our children

2 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by oruma19: 1:52pm On Mar 25, 2018
OvaSabi1:

She's not spewing trash. It's not by force to love your parents if they are bad to you. Just because they contributed sperm and egg to make you doesn't make them parents. It has been proven that black children are being held back from taking risks, in comparison to other races because of fear of reprimand from parents. If Zukerberg and Bill Gates were black there won't be Microsoft nor Facebook. A typical naija parent will disown you if you drop out of Harvard. Look at the way Parkland High school shooting survivors were confronting their senators over gun laws. In Nigeria, your senators will call you children of anger and you will cower in fear. Is it not this nairaland you will see a father that slept with his child or throw a child inside a well because of witchcraft suspicion? If you have a good relationship with your parents, that's great. But you can't speak for everybody. Let me tell you something Mr. 40 something year old man, there's a thin line between being possessive and being caring. The case with this poster, it's a control thing and not a love thing. There's a big difference. There are many of your mates that resent their parents for decisions they made for them. Be it career or maybe they didn't allow them marry who they want. Even some of our parents don't like our grandparents. Sit them down and observe... there's always that grandparent that they don't like talking about. They will quickly change topic or their mood will change.
pls can u go back to read what the op said before u counter my assertion. U need to understand that the lady in question is the problem and not her parents. When they were investing in sending her to school and I'm sure they even secured that job for her y didn't she claim "big girl" then? Abeg make we see road jor. People are looking for such parents to show them love and care tgis one is here showing ungratefulness. Let her communicate and stop being childish that she claims not to be.
Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by Nobody: 1:59pm On Mar 25, 2018
As a grown woman making it known to your parents that you need your freedom shouldn't be that great deal. I mean you are an adult for Christ sakes, If you can't have them see you as one then you aren't trying hard enough. You gotta be assertive with your decisions, put you foot down and have them know you that you need your space and freedom, tell them that you're gonna have to move out of their house if they won't budge to your terms. I'm pretty sure they won't like to see you leave.
My cousin who is 33 and unmarried just moved back to her parents house after they begged her to do so. She made it clear to her them that they would have to agree to her terms and conditions before she moves in with them... Being assertive, standing up to your parents and making them know that they should respect you and your choices, it's all part of being an adult... if don't act like a adult they will continue to treat you as a little girl

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Mar 25, 2018
At 30, You should have left a long time ago. You do not need their permission or their blessing - it is not theirs to give. You will never find your way in life by being dependent on other people. Honestly, 30 is already almost too late but you will find your way and You'll have to work 10 times harder than your mates because you have to now catch up on the experiences you have been shielded from your entire life.

Those life experiences form the bedrock of adulthood not just age - learning how to deal with responsibility, financial management and coping with the social dangers out there etc.

I left mine at 23. Now i'm 36 - looking back. Best decision I ever made... My other siblings (much older than me) who never left are still struggling to find their way in life.... Today, they tell everyone their prayers is why i am doing well... i wonder why those prayers didn't work so well for my siblings ... No one talks about it but our parents are destroying their children by making them weak and dependent.

If you want to make anything tangible with your life - its not an option... you need to run!

Build a Network, make tangible contacts, gain experience, go to a church you enjoy, enjoy food, nightlife and sports whenever you want, support your friends and colleagues, meet boys and get heartbroken or not - build a life separate from your family- This is everything.

Goodluck

4 Likes

Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Mar 25, 2018
coputa:
What is all this crave for freedom by the youths even when it's crystally clear that they are not ripe it.The fact that you're 30 years old or that you've gotten a degree does not make you matured.some of you will come over to social media to complain about your parents over protective attitude without also telling us your childish/not ready to learn attitude.some of you cannot even boil indomie or wash your cloth clean or some basic life etiquette.wearing saggy pant and opening your legs wide does not make you ripe for freedom.Stay with your parents and open your mind to learn,no parent will give their child scorpion instead of food.
This comment is kinda annoying. Now listen, I have excessively domineering parents, I do all the cooking, cleaning etc at home(my mum hardly does all that when I'm around) but why can't I just have some freedom? Not like I'm wayward or something. They don't care if you're happy with what they tryna impose on you. What do you call that?

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by Wagasigiungu(m): 2:12pm On Mar 25, 2018
OvaSabi1:

I did not say anyone was spewing thrash. You need to calm down with the exclamation marks. An exclamation mark means you're shouting and that is rude. You also need to stop mansplaining.

OvaSabi1:

I apologize if my response to your earlier post seemed like i was being rude. That was never my intent. I would hv commented on the mansplaining but i don't think i understand what you meant by it. Peace.
Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Mar 25, 2018
Desirae:
Hello everyone.

Don’t pick their calls if they call you, it’s that simple. Put your phone on silence.

When you step out of the house send them a message on what time they should expect you to be at home.

Tell them work has become hectic and you have to put in some extra hours in order not to be retrenched.

Babe you’re a working class lady, you have the power. Don’t go and dash one landlord money in form of house rent when you can use it for sth better.

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by adetes: 2:20pm On Mar 25, 2018
Don't disrespect ur parent but @30s and with ur work @hand pls u need ur privacy and comfort that's wen u can c husband.
Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 25, 2018
ndy87:

U wont understand o. 31 yrs old lady with a masters degree. Then she keeps telling you how men are not good and how u don't need a Man. Mommy oooo grin
OMG!! Are you kidding me! This is crazy lolz. Common sweetie, seriously you need to stand your ground and let them know that time waits for no man and you are old enough to handle the bull by the horn... All you need from them is just their prayers.
Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by Wagasigiungu(m): 2:37pm On Mar 25, 2018
OvaSabi1:

Apologies if my response to your post seemed rude. It was never my intent. I would hv commented on the mansplaining but i don't know what it means. Peace
Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by Wagasigiungu(m): 2:49pm On Mar 25, 2018
destinyy23:
This comment is kinda annoying. Now listen, I have excessively domineering parents, I do all the cooking, cleaning etc at home(my mum hardly does all that when I'm around) but why can't I just have some freedom? Not like I'm wayward or something. They don't care if you're happy with what they tryna impose on you. What do you call that?

Hmmn. Typical thoughts of a new age child. So do you think all this chores/tasks you carry out at home has automatically earned you freedom. She has been doing same thing and even much more for you since you were a toddler. You claim you are educated and matured, yet you can't bring yourself to communicate with your parents about your feelings in a respectful and matured manner. You instead chose to come to social media to rant. Is the way a grown up adult acts instead of taking the bull by the horns?

What am i even saying self, biko do what pleases you. It's your life afterall. As you make your bed, so must you lie on it. Happy independence and invite us for house warming ceremony when you eventually get the freedom you are desperately craving and yearning for. I am at least happy you said you ain't wayward but you are gradually setting the way for it if you continue pursuing this your desperate need for freedom.

Guys need to seriously study the psych of their prospective wives. Just imagine this kind reasoning. Later they will say their husbands are too commanding, rigid, Autocratic and draconian. SMH

1 Like

Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Parents... Am I Overreacting? by Nodogragra4me(m): 2:55pm On Mar 25, 2018
Just one point of correction... You can't determine where your hubby will find you. I met my wife when I went to her office for business. Five months later we were happily married.

As for your parents attitude, it is well within limit. Nigeria is not what it used to be. Even your colleague can be a source of potential present or future danger.

Let them control you. It won't be forever. Don't move out of your parents home unless you are moving to another state or far location from home.... You are a lady... No allow boys play with your juice and leave empty cans for your chest.

Desirae:
Hello everyone.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Own Mother Sleeping With My Friend’s Dad! / Pastor Glory Idahosa Speaks On His Marriage, Christabel Idahosa's Accusations / My Wife Demands N500 Before Sex, Man Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.