Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Fire razes EFCC's Lagos Office. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fire razes EFCC's Lagos Office. (1292 Views)

Businessman Accuses EFCC Lagos Of Conspiring To Obtain N2 Million From Him / APC Cloning Voter's Cards In Lagos ‘office’ – DSS / Mob Demolish PHCN Lagos Office Over Crazy Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fire razes EFCC's Lagos Office. by dempeople(m): 7:17pm On May 04, 2010
By Albert AKPOR
LAGOS- PANDEMONIUM broke out Tuesday at the Awolowo road, Ikoyi Lagos,  head office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, after in the early hours of fire razed down four offices belonging to the legal department; destroying important documents including computers of the anti-graft agency.
No life was lost and the monetary value of property destroyed could not be ascertained as at press time.
Sources said a thick smoke was noticed billowing out of some offices of around 10.45am and that the  thick smoke later turned into flames.
The cause of the fire could not be immediately ascertained but sources said it may not be unconnected with faulty electrical apparatus.
Workers who were at the premises at the time of the inferno scampered for safety watching helplessly as it raged on.
But the nearby fire brigade office on Awolowo road Ikoyi  was promptly contacted and was able to salvage the situation.
As at 12.30pm when Vanguard visited the agency’s office, fire fighters were still seen at the scene frantically ensuring that it did not spread to adjoining offices.
The anti-corruption agency’s Lagos spokes person, Mr. Wilson Uwujaren,  while reacting to the inferno,  dismissed any foul play in connection with the early morning inferno,  saying however, that “nobody can say exactly the cause of the fire now.
Continuing, Mr. Uwujaren maintained that during the inferno, power was being generated from  a generating set, adding “all we saw, was smoke coming out from some offices and we immediately contacted the Awolowo road office of the fire brigade and the officials came and put out the fire.  Nobody was hurt and we are yet to determine the extent of damage.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/05/04/pandemonium-as-fire-razes-efcc%E2%80%99s-lagos-office/
Re: Fire razes EFCC's Lagos Office. by dempeople(m): 7:20pm On May 04, 2010
Considering Nigeria's political terrain, one can't help but think that there's an element of foul play. grin
Re: Fire razes EFCC's Lagos Office. by Mamajama(m): 7:25pm On May 04, 2010
I love Nigeria my country to be faithful loyal and Honest. Kai grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fire razes EFCC's Lagos Office. by Gekko(m): 7:26pm On May 04, 2010
So let me guess! Ibori's case files has turned to ashes.
Re: Fire razes EFCC's Lagos Office. by Nobody: 7:30pm On May 04, 2010
Gekko:

So let me guess! Ibori's case files has turned to ashes.
cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Fire razes EFCC's Lagos Office. by Enjoyment1(f): 7:35pm On May 04, 2010
Mamajama:

I love Nigeria my country to be faithful loyal and Honest.  Kai grin grin grin grin grin

to slap (I meant to serve shocked shocked) Nigeria with all my strenght grin grin grin. This country will never seize to amaze me. Why legal department? EFCC should search themselves, there is a Judas amongst them.
Re: Fire razes EFCC's Lagos Office. by Pk001(m): 7:35pm On May 04, 2010
Nigeria we hail thee!
EFCC should be smart enough to have Back up files.
Re: Fire razes EFCC's Lagos Office. by nethacker(m): 7:36pm On May 04, 2010
Ibori n ogbulafor @work again grin grin grin grin

Enjoyment1:

to slap (I meant to serve shocked shocked) Nigeria with all my strenght grin grin grin. This country will never seize to amaze me. Why legal department? EFCC should search themselves, there is a Judas amongst them.
yes u r ryt.Thats d 1st thing dat comes to mind.its d handwork of an insider, chikena lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Fire razes EFCC's Lagos Office. by dempeople(m): 7:40pm On May 04, 2010
to slap (I meant to serve ) Nigeria with all my strenght . This country will never seize to amaze me. Why legal department? EFCC should search themselves, there is a Judas amongst them.

I smell a rat somewhere though.

Orders, might have come all the way from the top. Read through this article: http://www.saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/5971-fraud-at-the-efcc-stunning-new-petition-to-ap-goodluck-jonathan-details-farida-waziris-leadership-and-lifestyle.html
Re: Fire razes EFCC's Lagos Office. by Enjoyment1(f): 7:45pm On May 04, 2010
nethacker:

Ibori n ogbulafor @work again grin grin grin grin
yes u r ryt.Thats d 1st thing dat comes to mind.its d handwork of an insider, chikena lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

It might not be Ibori (as his case is directly handled in Abuja) and just might not be Ogbulafor (as it is ICPC that is handling his case). As for Ogbulafor, he was so bold today at the court in Abuja. In fact, his legal team had to address the Press men there that, their client as all can see is innocent. He came to the court by himself. He went to the court, and had to show himself to the Public. In fact, ICPC left in shame!. They made no comment, and quietly left, as the court staff were on strike.
Re: Fire razes EFCC's Lagos Office. by nethacker(m): 8:24pm On May 04, 2010
Enjoyment1:

It might not be Ibori (as his case is directly handled in Abuja) and just might not be Ogbulafor (as it is ICPC that is handling his case). As for Ogbulafor, he was so bold today at the court in Abuja. In fact, his legal team had to address the Press men there that, their client as all can see is innocent. He came to the court by himself. He went to the court, and had to show himself to the Public. In fact, ICPC left in shame!. They made no comment, and quietly left, as the court staff were on strike.
grin grin grin court on strike? only in 9ja grin grin
Re: Fire razes EFCC's Lagos Office. by Gekko(m): 8:26pm On May 04, 2010
Pk001:

Nigeria we hail thee!
EFCC should be smart enough to have Back up files.

LMAO, what? they made photocopies and filed them in a separate cupboard.
Re: Fire razes EFCC's Lagos Office. by Pk001(m): 8:34pm On May 04, 2010
Gekko:

LMAO,  what? they made photocopies and filed them in a separate cupboard.
lollllll grin grin grin grin
EFCC wants to prosecute[b] Digital[/b] criminals like Ibori with Analog Records and systems.
Well,we are waiting to hear whose case file was burnt.
Re: Fire razes EFCC's Lagos Office. by Kobojunkie: 8:38pm On May 04, 2010
Ahh!! Now we wait to get the list of MISSING/DROPPED cases after this one. I hope it will not include the recently arrested Lagos Contractor. Weee eeee !!
Re: Fire razes EFCC's Lagos Office. by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 04, 2010
am tired of Naija drama.

Set a Government building on fire to conceal evidence?

Truly we live in an age long gone.
Re: Fire razes EFCC's Lagos Office. by Gekko(m): 9:36pm On May 04, 2010
Pk001:

lollllll grin grin grin grin
EFCC wants to prosecute[b] Digital[/b] criminals like Ibori with Analog Records and systems.
Well,we are waiting to hear whose case file was burnt.

LOL, alright, all jokes aside. perhaps Waziri is executing a data recovery from offline redundant back up systems.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Is Incompetent To Be President / Early Morning Shooting In Owerri / Bakare Said There Will Be 'wild Wild North'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.