Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Please I Need Your Advice!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please I Need Your Advice!! (1809 Views)

Please I Need Your Advice. Im In A Deep Shii... / Women Sha!!, Whats Your Advice On This. / I’m So Confused Please I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Your Advice!! by Gentlesniper(m): 12:07pm On Mar 25, 2018
Good Day Nlanders and Romancelanders, this is my first thread on this forum and i seriously need your candid advice pIease.

I met this wonderful ibo girl in Enugu about 4 years ago when i was still at the 82 division, Enugu(NB: I am a northerner geographically but spent most of my growing up in the south, especially Lagos cos my dad served more in the southern Nigeria).
I became friend with this babe and one thing led to another and we started dating, then she was still a student. we dated for like 6 mnths before I was later deployed to the north. Though we communicated on phone and social media but gradually we lost touch. I met other ladies but to me none was as good and homely like this ibo girl, so i had to resuscitate the relationship and worked her nysc posting to Abuja and coincidentally i was also deployed to Abuja last yr, so we became serious again.

Now she just finished her service last dec. and has gone back to Enugu , we really want to take our relationship to the next level but the wahala here is that she is a catholic and her parents are staunch ones. I have no issue marrying a catholic neither do my parents, but she said her parents would prefer she marries a catholic and gets wedded in a catholic church, but she doesn't care since she is the one in love and not her parents. Also she stylishly told me that she would still like to continue a catholic even after marriage but she would be coming to my church occasionally.( My parents attend ECWA but i attend living faith).

Now, i believe she can sort out the issue of whom to marry with her parents but my worries are: will it be a good idea that i attend a different church from my wife? what will be its influence on the kids or should i insist she must attend the same church with me and expect the worst from her?
Please brothers and sisters, I need your honest advice here. thanks

mods pls,
cc lalasticlala, farano, rockstation

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by Pearl05(f): 12:14pm On Mar 25, 2018
This is serious.

This isn't Christian/Muslim marriage sef which some people do but same religion only a matter of different sect. Submissiveness starts here. What's the essence of wedding in your church if she will return to her mother's church? As a woman, her place is beside her husband biko.

But then, it doesn't really matter as long as it's a living church (bible beliving). Let her continue with the one she want. As long as ur children will be trained in the fear and ways of the Lord.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by Headlesschicken(m): 12:15pm On Mar 25, 2018
undecided 90% of d things we fear bout in life never happens, d other 10% when they do happen we barely feel a thing, I thought u was gon say dat yuh a Muslim or some sh!t,n!gga u ain't got any issues,go ahead n wife that chick....#Bye#

5 Likes

Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by Nobody: 12:18pm On Mar 25, 2018
arent we serving only one God

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by Gentlesniper(m): 12:35pm On Mar 25, 2018
Headlesschicken:
undecided 90% of d things we fear bout in life never happens, d other 10% when they do happen we barely feel a thing, I thought u was gon say dat yuh a Muslim or some sh!t,n!gga u ain't got any issues,go ahead n wife that chick....#Bye#
tnx nigga, very encouraging.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by Gentlesniper(m): 12:40pm On Mar 25, 2018
Pearl05:
This is serious.

This isn't Christian/Muslim marriage sef which some people do but same religion only a matter of different sect. Submissiveness starts here. What's the essence of wedding in your church if she will return to her mother's church? As a woman, her place is beside her husband biko.

But then, it doesn't really matter as long as it's a living church (bible beliving). Let her continue with the one she want. As long as ur children will be trained in the fear and ways of the Lord.
tnx alot anty, quite encouraging.
I am even surprise that going inter tribal isn't even the issue here but church.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by raydatluvs(m): 1:19pm On Mar 25, 2018
See eh,I just want to point out the need to have an understanding now as to what is acceptable to both of you. I saw you write whether to marry her and later enforce she attends your church,that wouldn't be very healthy in the long run.

My 2 kobo.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by Gentlesniper(m): 10:22pm On Mar 25, 2018
raydatluvs:
See eh,I just want to point out the need to have an understanding now as to what is acceptable to both of you. I saw you write whether to marry her and later enforce she attends your church,that wouldn't be very healthy in the long run.

My 2 kobo.
tnx boss
Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by Nobody: 10:29pm On Mar 25, 2018
this one na small matter na, even xtains and muslims do marry and live happily talk more of two xtains. so far as d tow of u luv yourselves genuinely, then the marriage is a go.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by abimic(m): 12:34am On Mar 26, 2018
I'd prefer you two attend same church after marriage, forget we serve same God, even in the church, there's division, different doctrines, so to be on the safer side and avoid issues that touch later On, same church is still preferred to be attended by both parties after marriage as that would be better esp when misunderstanding sets in, u wouldn't hear my pastor said this, my deaconess said that which you won't be aware of.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by David160(m): 4:12am On Mar 26, 2018
Gentlesniper:
Good Day Nlanders and Romancelanders, this is my first thread on this forum and i seriously need your candid advice pIease.

I met this wonderful ibo girl in Enugu about 4 years ago when i was still at the 82 division, Enugu(NB: I am a northerner geographically but spent most of my growing up in the south, especially Lagos cos my dad served more in the southern Nigeria).
I became friend with this babe and one thing led to another and we started dating, then she was still a student. we dated for like 6 mnths before I was later deployed to the north. Though we communicated on phone and social media but gradually we lost touch. I met other ladies but to me none was as good and homely like this ibo girl, so i had to resuscitate the relationship and worked her nysc posting to Abuja and coincidentally i was also deployed to Abuja last yr, so we became serious again.

Now she just finished her service last dec. and has gone back to Enugu , we really want to take our relationship to the next level but the wahala here is that she is a catholic and her parents are staunch ones. I have no issue marrying a catholic neither do my parents, but she said her parents would prefer she marries a catholic and gets wedded in a catholic church, but she doesn't care since she is the one in love and not her parents. Also she stylishly told me that she would still like to continue a catholic even after marriage but she would be coming to my church occasionally.( My parents attend ECWA but i attend living faith).

Now, i believe she can sort out the issue of whom to marry with her parents but my worries are: will it be a good idea that i attend a different church from my wife? what will be its influence on the kids or should i insist she must attend the same church with me and expect the worst from her?

mods pls,
bro if this is your problem then you have no problem.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by Gentlesniper(m): 9:32pm On Mar 27, 2018
Dear lalasticlala, i for like get more views on this issue, ejoor imabinu.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by Apina(m): 11:13pm On Mar 27, 2018
As a Catholic, I definitely understand where she's coming from. Marriage isn't just about I love you, understanding and trust is also vital for its survival. She has told you what it's gonna be after marriage, if you have any objection, say it now not that you would keep quiet and want to impose yourself after marriage, which might bring about avoidable issues. I'm almost certain that she going to your church isn't likely to happen and mind you, it isn't because her parents are staunch Catholics kiss
Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by Gentlesniper(m): 8:00am On Mar 28, 2018
Apina:
As a Catholic, I definitely understand where she's coming from. Marriage isn't just about I love you, understanding and trust is also vital for its survival. She has told you what it's gonna be after marriage, if you have any objection, say it now not that you would keep quiet and want to impose yourself after marriage, which might bring about avoidable issues. I'm almost certain that she going to your church isn't likely to happen and mind you, it isn't because her parents are staunch Catholics kiss
but bros i dont understand, ain't we all serving the same God? At least i was thinking in this time and century, that we have passed that stage where issues like this should pose as a stumbling block to marriages. I am yet to hear Muslims have such issues, and pardon me, but why is it very common with Catholics.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by Apina(m): 9:54am On Mar 28, 2018
Gentlesniper:

but bros i dont understand, ain't we all serving the same God? At least i was thinking in this time and century, that we have passed that stage where issues like this should pose as a stumbling block to marriages. I am yet to hear Muslims have such issues, and pardon me, but why is it very common with Catholics.
Sorry to say but it's just like asking someone who drives a Bentley to exchange it for a Beetle. LASU and Harvard are both universities but the difference is clear, not trying to berate any church but the Catholic church is second to non and the doctrines are different.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 28, 2018
Apina:

Sorry to say but it's just like asking someone who drives a Bentley to exchange it for a Beetle. LASU and Harvard are both universities but the difference is clear, not trying to berate any church but the Catholic church is second to non and the doctrines are different.
hmmm........ nothing wey person no go hear on this forum. Such division among so called xtains........ nawao.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by Fourwinds: 7:55pm On Mar 28, 2018
Castroii:

hmmm........ nothing wey person no go hear on this forum. Such division among so called xtains........ nawao.

Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by Nastydroid(m): 8:07pm On Mar 28, 2018
Apina:

*SMH*
Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by Gentlesniper(m): 9:50pm On Mar 28, 2018
Apina:

mehn, this wan just dumb found me sha. it is well
Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by Apina(m): 9:57pm On Mar 28, 2018
Gentlesniper:
mehn, this wan just dumb found me sha. it is well
Did i say something that isn't true?
Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by Gentlesniper(m): 10:03pm On Mar 28, 2018
Apina:

Did i say something that isn't true?
U kind of berated other bible believing churches too, tho in a subtle way. I believe as a xtain, being christ like and making heaven at last should be the sole aim. I dont even know why there is soo much division between catholics and pentecostals.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by Learnstuffs: 10:08pm On Mar 28, 2018
A white man religion is trying to scatter an African relationship

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by Apina(m): 1:20am On Mar 29, 2018
Gentlesniper:

U kind of berated other bible believing churches too, tho in a subtle way. I believe as a xtain, being christ like and making heaven at last should be the sole aim. I dont even know why there is soo much division between catholics and pentecostals.
The answer is simple.....Doctrines! ours was handed down to us by the Apostles themselves. The bible was put together and is an invention of the Catholic church, so I don't understand what the Pentecostals talk about or mean when they say Bible believing church.
Re: Please I Need Your Advice!! by Gentlesniper(m): 6:32pm On Apr 22, 2018
Gentlesniper:

mods pls,

(1) (Reply)

Let's Know Three Things You Missed About Your Ex / 2018 Latest 50 Cutest Names To Call Your Girlfriend You Must Know / Why Do Some Ladies Behave This Way?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.