Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,676 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB (2358 Views)

President Buhari Goes On Leave Invokes The Constitution / Umeh Visits Ojukwu’s Tomb, Invokes Spirit / Ibru’s Family Invokes Spirits Against Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by AloyEmeka5: 9:53pm On May 04, 2010
Ghost of June must haunt Babangida, says Oyedepo

Methodist bishops condemn presidential bid
By Richard Abu (Lagos) and Saxone Akhaine (Kaduna)
PRESIDING Bishop of the Living Faith Church Worldwide (a.k.a Winners' Chapel), Dr. David Oyedepo, has said the ghost of the annulled June 12, 1993 presidential election will continue to haunt self-styled military president, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/may/4/25.html

The cleric said Nigerians are wiser than Babangida and have not forgotten the pains he inflicted on them through the cancellation of the polls adjudged to have been won by the late business mogul, Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale (M.K.O.) Abiola

Also, the Methodist Bishops in Nigeria rose yesterday from a three-day conference in Kaduna condemning Babangida's interest in the 2011 presidential election.

In a statement signed by the Prelate of the Methodist Church in Nigeria, Dr. Sunday Ola Makinde and the Conference Secretary, Rev. Raphael Opoko, the church said Babangida's move to lead the country under a democratic setting was an insult on Nigerians. They said Babangida's annulment of the freest and fairest election Nigeria ever conducted led to the death and misery of millions of Nigerians.

In a message to mark the church 29th anniversary last Sunday at Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota in Ogun State, Oyedepo said there is no amount of repackaging that can make any difference or change Nigerians' perception of Babangida as "an anti-democratic person."

He said: "Babangida is anti-democratic. There is no repackaging of this man than can change anything. You cannot repackage Babangida and Babangida cannot be repackaged. If you mention the name Babangida any day, Nigerians will remember the annulment of June 12 presidential election."

Turning to the congregation, Oyedepo said "if there is anyone in this church that associates with Babangida, you must retrace your steps immediately. This is an order not a plea. If any member of this church in any part of the world is found associating with Babangida, he will be taken for deliverance because only insane people can follow him."

Oyedepo continued: "If there is anyone that sees Babangida, please tell him that I (Oyedepo ) says he is wasting his time. If the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) or any other party thinks that Babangida is the person they have to present to Nigerians, then such a party is heading for doom."

The cleric also spoke on corruption in the polity. According to him, there is no prosperous thief anywhere in the world. No matter the billions anyone steals, he is sick and stinks. Upon the billions the late head of state, Gen. Sani Abacha and his family stole, the name Abacha stinks. Only those blessed by God are prosperous. Money does not empower anybody like the blessings of God. It is one thing to have riches and another thing to enjoy them. Politicians, who claim to be empowering Nigerians are liars. They steal so much but don't live to enjoy their loot."

Makinde, who addressed journalists after the 28th yearly conference of the Methodist bishops, said it was during the tenure of Babangida that corruption became a status symbol among Nigerian leaders.

In a 12-point statement, the bishops sought autonomy for the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) so that the 2011 elections will be hitch-free.

The cleric also condemned "any form of religious intolerance still evident in ,  part of the country, especially in Jos, Plateau State and remind governors of other states to remember that Nigeria is a multi-religious and secular country."

On the forthcoming elections, the council called on the Federal Government to carry out electoral reforms and review the voters' register to enable all eligible Nigerians to exercise their franchise.

Makinde said: "The news of the declaration of the former military dictator, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida that he will run for the presidency of the country at the forthcoming elections is an insult to the generality of Nigerians because President Ibrahim Babaginda annulled the freest and fairest elections held in Nigeria in 1993 which led to the death and misery of millions of Nigerians.

"Council noted that it was during his tenure that the level of corruption was raised to the level which has almost sunk the country," he said.
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by jookco(m): 10:30pm On May 04, 2010
Yes I heard my mentor say it plain and clear in the pulpit with all confident,that was in the second service, he also place course on those politician whose job is to steal money made for the masses.
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by bibiking1(m): 10:54pm On May 04, 2010
and the ghost of yarAdua would continually hunt him and his band of decietful clerics! They should keep mum on the issue and stay out of politics!
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by Gadols(f): 11:05pm On May 04, 2010
Bibiking is as insane as Ibb. Cheap brat. How dare u insult men of God, may Ibb's curse come upon u if u don't repent. Amen.
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by AloyEmeka5: 11:38pm On May 04, 2010
Gadols:

Bibiking is as insane as Ibb. Cheap brat. How dare u insult men of God, may Ibb's curse come upon u if u don't repent. Amen.

LWKMD grin grin grin grin
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by chosen04(f): 12:06am On May 05, 2010
Why is the ''man of God'' now talking? when he refused to warn them or speak out when the atrocities were been committed.

Has he finished Praying/visiting Aso rock villa for Yar'adua?
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by AloyEmeka5: 12:13am On May 05, 2010
chosen04:

Why is the ''man of God'' now talking? when he refused to warn them or speak out when the atrocities were been committed.

Be careful with that black mouth of yours before Daddy extends the June ghost to you.
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by 9ijaprince(m): 12:28am On May 05, 2010
Where is kosovo?
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by mekusxxx: 12:46am On May 05, 2010
All na Yoruba dagbo. A religious crook like Oyedepo cannot invoke nada on anyone. grin
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by vigasimple(m): 12:56am On May 05, 2010
IBB think his name EVIL GENIUS is just a child play. He, IBB is truely evil. he deceived over 100 millions to have a truning point in 1993 which led to another extreme represive regime of Abacha.

YOU CAN PUT A LIPSTICK ON A PIG, IT'S STILL A PIG, IBB IS STLL A PIG, AND EVEN HE KNOWS IT.

The man IBB is just continue where he left off insulting the intelligence of Nigerians. Maybe if he has come out  to apologise sincerely and come clean on the annulment of that election he would have got some sympathy, but since he destroyed many lives, there is no remose for an insane man.

He even have the effrontery to say that the youth of this country cannot lead despite the fact that the youth are more intelligent than him at least 100 times.

Has anyone listen to Chiamanda Adichie? and other much younger Nigerians from EAST to West to South, even some part of the North

All I can say to IBB, Shege

I am happy that some of the church men are speaking out forcefully against this monster called IBB
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by Osama10(m): 2:11am On May 05, 2010
Which Ghost?

What about Aso rock.
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by mbulela: 2:17am On May 05, 2010
I am a man of God too but i concur with this statement below.
chosen04:

bibiking1:

and the ghost of yarAdua would continually hunt him and his band of decietful clerics! They should keep mum on the issue and stay out of politics!

These men can not choose to hug the limelight in ways that suit that selfish interests.
Whether you belief in the God as depicted by Christainity or not, it is a generally accepted fact that the Church in Nigeria wields enormous power among the populates, even the thieving elite.Yet Church leaders have grown mutewhen they need to speak, blind when they need to see clearly and deaf to the pain that is all around them (some actually insulate themselves from the pain around them).
The earlier the masses smell the coffee and take the bull by the horn themselves, the better.
All these Bishops and popes are making a mockery of God and rendering civil action impotent.
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by Osama10(m): 2:24am On May 05, 2010
Come to think of it,I havent seen any man of devil here once!

Just a thought.
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by mbulela: 2:46am On May 05, 2010
you have not looked hard enough.
there are a few of them on the religion board.
we don't do religion here on the politics section.
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by Mbeki: 12:20pm On May 05, 2010
Jesus they claim to follow said his kingdom is not of this world, why can't they focus on feeding the sheep of the lord instead of dabbling into politics? I won't be surprised that our men of God will soon be declaring their interest to contest for President. MISPLACED PRIORITY!
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by desgiezd(m): 12:28pm On May 05, 2010
Mbeki:

Jesus they claim to follow said his kingdom is not of this world, why can't they focus on feeding the sheep of the lord instead of dabbling into politics? I won't be surprised that our men of God will soon be declaring their interest to contest for President. MISPLACED PRIORITY!

Are you really familiar with the Bible?
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by youngies(m): 4:14pm On May 05, 2010
desgiezd:

Are you really familiar with the Bible?

Yes, he is quite familiar the version used by his pastor to decieve them
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by Mbeki: 4:33pm On May 05, 2010
The job of a man of God is to win souls for God's Kingdom, that is the mandate Jesus gave to his followers.
When the devil offered him the world and its riches during the temptation in the wilderness, Jesus refused, When they wanted to make him king, he refused. So are u convinced now??
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by chosen04(f): 4:47pm On May 05, 2010
youngies:

Yes, he is quite familiar the version used by his pastor to decieve them

Roftl

Mbeki:

Feeding their sheep with abject poverty in a ''Land blessed with milk and honey?'' while keeping quiet?

OR
Feeding them with the words only? as if man can survive without meat and bread.

You need to study the holy book more.
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by princekevo(m): 7:42pm On May 05, 2010
Oh c'mon this Oyedepo should give us a space. Is this not the same man of God who visited Yaradua, but conspired with Yaradua's Family to hide the through health situation of Yaradua? So now he pretend to love the same Nigeria he betrayed? he lost my respect the day he visited yaradua, but chose to hide it from Nigerians.
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by AloyEmeka5: 10:53pm On May 05, 2010
mbulela:

I am a man of God too but i concur with this statement below.
These men can not choose to hug the limelight in ways that suit that selfish interests.
Whether you belief in the God as depicted by Christainity or not, it is a generally accepted fact that the Church in Nigeria wields enormous power among the populates, even the thieving elite.Yet Church leaders have grown mutewhen they need to speak, blind when they need to see clearly and deaf to the pain that is all around them (some actually insulate themselves from the pain around them).
The earlier the masses smell the coffee and take the bull by the horn themselves, the better.
All these Bishops and popes are making a mockery of God and rendering civil action impotent.

Do you have anointing?. Who anointed you?
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by supertosin: 4:01pm On May 13, 2010
THINGS ARE NOT ALWAYS WHAT THEY SEEM.
I read with interest the comments each individual has made regarding Bishop Oyedepo,the methodist Bishop and General Ibrahim Babangida. My suggestion about this matter is that we should be careful what we say, for one the good Book warns us not to speak against those who are in authority for it is God who sets them their to promote order. And by this i believe it means both spiritual,political and physical (biological). It is God who makes Kings.
Almost every Nigerian wants to condemn Babangida, have they been instructed by God to do so or have they received his mandate to do so? There are certain battles a man should not get into if he is not equipped for it.
I'm not sayng i'm a Babangida advocate neither i'm i saying i support the way Bishop Oyedepo has gone about sharing his view but i realise that many Nigerians attack and criticise what they do not have the full facts on.
How many Nigerians know the truth about why June 12 was annulled?Who told Nigerians that God did not have a hand in the annulling of that election, how do we know thats not one of the assignments God had for IBB, who told we Nigerians that M.K.O Abiola was Gods choice for Nigeria? Mans choice may not necessarily be Gods choice, so we all have to be very careful before we condemn IBB.
That Bishop Oyedepo or any member of the clergy condemned IBB the way they did doesnt necessarily mean he is right on the matter cause no one is perfect in themselves with due respect to Bishop Oyedepo. I see him as a man of God and i respect him but he may not know the nitty gritty of the June 12 drama. IBB once claimed that his life and that of his friend M.K.O Abiola was at stake by the military if he handed power to M.K.O or declared the outcome of that election.He has done the mature thing by accepting responsibility for June 12, what more do Nigerians want the man to do? Give u his head on a platter of gold?I think it shows the kind of heart most pple have including those who call themselves christians.
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by rethink: 4:51pm On May 13, 2010
@Chosen04

No need to tell us Nigerians that Nigeria is blessed we know already.

Ehen So how is biafraland doing? I want to comeover to visit you soon. grin grin grin
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by citizenY(m): 5:53pm On May 13, 2010
Anybody, like myself who is in against an IBB candidacy should wait for him at the ballot box,
until then, why don't we just go on with our lives? The bishop and all of us have only one vote and
a big mouth each.
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by SisiKill1: 7:30pm On May 13, 2010
[Quote]supertosin:
I read with interest the comments each individual has made regarding Bishop Oyedepo,the methodist Bishop and General Ibrahim Babangida. My suggestion about this matter is that we should be careful what we say, for one the good Book warns us not to speak against those who are in authority for it is God who sets them their to promote order. And by this i believe it means both spiritual,political  and physical (biological). It is God who makes Kings.
Almost every Nigerian wants to condemn Babangida, have they been instructed by God to do so or have they received his mandate to do so? There are certain battles a man should not get into if he is not equipped for it.
I'm not sayng i'm a Babangida advocate neither i'm i saying i support the way Bishop Oyedepo has gone about sharing his view but i realise that many Nigerians attack and criticise what they do not have the full facts on.
How many Nigerians know the truth about why June 12 was annulled?Who told Nigerians that God did not have a hand in the annulling of that election, how do we know thats not one of the assignments God had for IBB, who told we Nigerians that M.K.O Abiola was Gods choice for Nigeria? Mans choice may not necessarily be Gods choice, so we all have to be very careful before we condemn IBB.
That Bishop Oyedepo or any member of the clergy condemned IBB the way they did doesnt necessarily mean he is right on the matter cause no one is perfect in themselves with due respect to Bishop Oyedepo. I see him as a man of God and i respect him but he may not know the nitty gritty of the June 12 drama. IBB once claimed that his life and that of his friend M.K.O Abiola was at stake by the military if he handed power to M.K.O or declared the outcome of that election.He has done the mature thing by accepting responsibility for June 12, what more do Nigerians want the man to do? Give u his head on a platter of gold?I think it shows the kind of heart most pple have including those who call themselves christians. [/quote]

GMAFB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by koolboi(m): 7:32pm On May 13, 2010
the man, IBB should not even be walking free
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by chosen04(f): 7:56pm On May 13, 2010
rethink:

@Chosen04

No need to tell us Nigerians that Nigeria is blessed we know already.

Are u sure u are aware? cos the last time i checked your country and her ''beloved citizens'' were still seriously suffering, living as members of one unhappy family, hating each other and wishing they were apart!

If that is what you calling blessing, then you need to be reminded of how blessed she is!

rethink:

@Chosen04

Ehen So how is biafraland doing? I want to comeover to visit you soon. grin grin grin

You mean how is the ''Land of the rising sun?'' presently am in a land ''named after the land of the rising sun in Guatemala''

Its a great city, u are welcome!
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by Olaolufred(m): 11:34am On May 14, 2010
I read with interest the comments each individual has made regarding Bishop Oyedepo,the methodist Bishop and General Ibrahim Babangida. My suggestion about this matter is that we should be careful what we say, for one the good Book warns us not to speak against those who are in authority for it is God who sets them their to promote order. And by this i believe it means both spiritual,political and physical (biological). It is God who makes Kings.
That Bishop Oyedepo or any member of the clergy condemned IBB the way they did doesnt necessarily mean he is right on the matter cause no one is perfect in themselves with due respect to Bishop Oyedepo. I see him as a man of God and i respect him but he may not know the nitty gritty of the June 12 drama. IBB once claimed that his life and that of his friend M.K.O Abiola was at stake by the military if he handed power to M.K.O or declared the outcome of that election.He has done the mature thing by accepting responsibility for June 12, what more do Nigerians want the man to do? Give u his head on a platter of gold?I think it shows the kind of heart most pple have including those who call themselves christians.

Good that he accepted responsibility. But he should not rub it on Nigerians by his ambition of comming back to do the worse.
Supertosin, answer this Riddle.
"Assuming you are a licenced Rifle owner. But unluckily your son got a hand on the rifle, using it to kill his younger sister. After the Incidence, he became remorse confessing it was a mistake. He accepted responsibility for doing it. And wept soo much for killing his own blood sister. After another 2 years, you had a baby boy. Would you keep the rifle and allow him have a second chance?". Pls, I do not mean to offend you. But just want us to reason together.
Will your answer be YES or NO?.
Thanks 4 ur understanding.
[/color][color=#990000]
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by insight04: 2:17pm On Jun 07, 2010
Bump
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by chidichris(m): 10:04pm On Jun 07, 2010
as i say amen to that, i hereby invoke the spirit of all the dead two communities in bayelsa and benue as well as the spirit of us$16b including the spirit of bola ige all on obasanjo. not forgetting the spirit of his defiled daughter inlaw.
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by IykeD(m): 10:30pm On Jun 07, 2010
Daddy?? lol Naija and religion, yet evil abounds!
Re: Daddy Oyedepo Invokes The Ghost Of June Upon IBB by Osama10(m): 10:52pm On Jun 07, 2010
chidichris:

as i say amen to that, i hereby invoke the spirit of all the dead two communities in bayelsa and benue as well as the spirit of us$16b including the spirit of bola ige all on obasanjo. not forgetting the spirit of his defiled daughter inlaw.

Gba, very correct invocation of the spirits.

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan's Secrets / Adieu Buhari? / Lagos Ejects/deport Over 3000 Beggars (Good or bad move?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.