Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,994 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Oh My Africa; A Reflection On Colonialism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oh My Africa; A Reflection On Colonialism (272 Views)

On Festus Keyamo’s Tribal Baits Against Igbos; A Reflection / Oh My Home, Dino Melaye Sings Passionately For PDP (VIDEO) / Buhari: Kano Crowd Not Reflection Of 2019 — PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Oh My Africa; A Reflection On Colonialism by Elsevier222(m): 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2018
*Oh, My Africa*
We had our cultures, values, survival instincts. We were doing well developing, discovering things on our own till they invaded our lands. They came subtly, enticed us with their fine wares, wears, music instruments, religion etc. We initially thought they meant well for us not knowing we were persona non gratas to them. Their interests were in our untapped resources. We didn't know the extent of their hatred until they started taking us as slaves, killing us at will and subjecting us to the most inhumane punishments.

Africa just like a child was developing and achieving its various developmental milestones. We had all the genes and potentials to progress. But, they never allowed nature and time to have its tow. They forced development on us for a long time, till some men with special abilities rose up with the liberalization movements. Despite we succeeded with the movements, the aftermath of that forced development remained. Hence, the emergence of Africa with Cerebral palsy and some other neural deficits. Now a lot of Africans have no sense of self worth, a lot of Africans don't believe they can be self-sufficient without the whites' interventions, Africans depend on interventions from the whites to solve their economic, social, political, security and health needs while the abilities to do those lie within their confines untapped. A lot of Africans now see whites as gods, hence some Africans started bleaching their thick, tinted, fine black skins.

The mindset of inadequacy in a lot of Africans has been recycled from generations to generations, only a few with special abilities and special privileges break out of it. It's high time we all rise and embrace the realities that hit the likes of Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King Jr, Odimegwu Ojukwu, Jaja Wachukwu etc, who fought for physical liberalizations. Our fight should be targeted at liberalization in *mindset*, hence knocking out every persisting mental slavery in the entire populace. That's the only remedy, that's the only way we could be cured of the palsy, that's the only way we could be great.
#RiseAfrica!

(1) (Reply)

What's The Rational Behind Releasing Boko Haram In Detention? / Nigeria Moved From 169 To 145 On EU Trade Ranking - EU Trade Rep. / A Governmental Administration Or Terrorizing Organization

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.