Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,504 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" (28831 Views)

Married Men, This Is Why Your Wives Are Denying You Sex / Husbands, Never Force Your Wives To Split Bills / Woman Bought A Gate To Shut Her Baby Out Of The Kitchen, The Baby Did This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by crackhaus: 12:57pm On Mar 28, 2018
bukatyne:

Does cooking everyday make someone a maid?

CC: ImaIma1
Lol, she was the one who introduced the word into our short conversation. I was more concerned with the point at which one will be taken for granted.
Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by crackhaus: 1:03pm On Mar 28, 2018
bukatyne:

CC: crackhaus
I walk around completely nakëd when I have to, wearing a wrapper can't beat that when it comes to circulation in the right places.
Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by ImaIma1(f): 2:44pm On Mar 28, 2018
crackhaus:

Lol, she was the one who introduced the word into our short conversation. I was more concerned with the point at which one will be taken for granted.

Hmmmmm
Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by ImaIma1(f): 2:48pm On Mar 28, 2018
ndubueze92:
Imaima, life is too short for the men to get involved in house chores! when, they will die off in the future and the women will continue to enjoy the children and whatever was left behind... Just a random thought, not consistent and susceptible to changes depending on the kind of woman one later end up with.

Wow!! So you are going to die off early and your wife gets to enjoy everything? That is an interesting perspective. Well...try to enjoy your life right now since you hope to die soon

1 Like

Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by ndubueze92(m): 3:23pm On Mar 28, 2018
ImaIma1:

Wow!! So you are going to die off early and your wife gets to enjoy everything? That is an interesting perspective. Well...try to enjoy your life right now since you hope to die soon
I never said that! We go die together from 90. Realistically, check the society the ratio of that! you will know that the view I shared is real and happening.
Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by bukatyne(f): 3:40pm On Mar 28, 2018
crackhaus:

A lot of men don't post it on social media na.

I agree with you that the social media madness is something else. Almost everyone is quick to post something on SM to validate themselves and intimidate others.
Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by bukatyne(f): 3:41pm On Mar 28, 2018
crackhaus:

Of course. grin

Well, depends on the couple
Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by bukatyne(f): 3:48pm On Mar 28, 2018
crackhaus:

The question was for her, that's why I copied her. It is the same sentiment that makes men feel doing chores is beneath them.
Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by bukatyne(f): 3:51pm On Mar 28, 2018
crackhaus:

I walk around completely nakëd when I have to, wearing a wrapper can't beat that when it comes to circulation in the right places.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by ImaIma1(f): 6:01pm On Mar 28, 2018
ndubueze92:
I never said that! We go die together from 90. Realistically, check the society the ratio of that! you will know that the view I shared is real and happening.

It could be a lifestyle issue. There are exceptions
Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by ndubueze92(m): 8:52pm On Mar 28, 2018
ImaIma1:

True. Truly I have been expecting an insult from you... We have exchanged mentions many times now without any.... Well done. I go help my wife do some things sha.
Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by ndubueze92(m): 8:52pm On Mar 28, 2018
ImaIma1:

True. Truly I have been expecting an insult from you... We have exchanged mentions many times now without any.... Well done. I go help my wife do some kind things sha.
Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by ImaIma1(f): 10:14pm On Mar 28, 2018
ndubueze92:
True. Truly I have been expecting an insult from you... We have exchanged mentions many times now without any.... Well done. I go help my wife do some kind things sha.

I am shocked myself that you didn't throw insults. It is good to find a guy here that can communicate without insults.

1 Like

Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by ndubueze92(m): 11:41pm On Mar 28, 2018
ImaIma1:

I am shocked myself that you didn't throw insults. It is good to find a guy here that can communicate without insults.
Insults, hating,cursing and abusing has become a Nairaland thing very recently. I have been on this forum for a long time though, I have never been an active member and, In those years, the new entrants have damaged the reputation and the serenity that existed and should i also add that the mods are accomplices in this.

1 Like

Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by Nobody: 1:34am On Mar 29, 2018
yes angry Unless she a housewife. Then its a clear trade off of duties. He work,she cooks
Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by ImaIma1(f): 6:34am On Mar 29, 2018
ndubueze92:
Insults, hating,cursing and abusing has become a Nairaland thing very recently. I have been on this forum for a long time though, I have never been an active member and, In those years, the new entrants have damaged the reputation and the serenity that existed and should i also add that the mods are accomplices in this.

There are too many children and overgrown babies that feel the need to hurl insults and profanities at every turn, especially to ladies.

I respond to them accordingly but sometimes i overlook.

1 Like

Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by ndubueze92(m): 8:13am On Mar 29, 2018
ImaIma1:

There are too many children and overgrown babies that feel the need to hurl insults and profanities at every turn, especially to ladies.

I respond to them accordingly but sometimes i overlook.
The best way is to overlook them all, replying only makes you look pained and fuels their nonsensical acts.
I have found out that some people still retain the bad attitude you're "suggesting/advising them to change ". Arguing with them makes you cut a frustrated figure.
Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by crackhaus: 8:52am On Mar 29, 2018
bukatyne:

I agree with you that the social media madness is something else. Almost everyone is quick to post something on SM to validate themselves and intimidate others.
They want to trend grin
Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by crackhaus: 9:02am On Mar 29, 2018
bukatyne:

Well, depends on the couple
Honestly, I don't even know any G that will be 100% comfortable with having his wife contribute half (or even less) of every single thing they have to do financially.

Nigerian men, well most, are not built that way. Never mind what my brothers type on the internet about having it 50/50.
Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by bukatyne(f): 9:43am On Mar 29, 2018
crackhaus:

Honestly, I don't even know any G that will be 100% comfortable with having his wife contribute half (or even less) of every single thing they have to do financially.

Nigerian men, well most, are not built that way. Never mind what my brothers type on the internet about having it 50/50.

When i mean contribute, it is not necessarily per project or stuff; they have a joint or common pot either 100% or in percentages.

I don't know the Nigerian men who are referring to; I know that MOST working wives contribute and at some point totally support the home financially alone. I don't even do internet references, I am talking live.

The only people I know expected the husband to solely handle the home is Ibos and most times, their wives did not work.

Right from time, in Yoruba land, a wife is 'shamed or called lazy' if she expects the husband to finance the home alone. They are even called 'alabodos'.... Interestingly, the husband is not really expected to do anything domestic.
Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by bukatyne(f): 9:44am On Mar 29, 2018
crackhaus:

They want to trend grin

E ku trending.

Awa old school grin
Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by crackhaus: 10:40am On Mar 29, 2018
bukatyne:

When i mean contribute, it is not necessarily per project or stuff; they have a joint or common pot either 100% or in percentages.

I don't know the Nigerian men who are referring to; I know that MOST working wives contribute and at some point totally support the home financially alone. I don't even do internet references, I am talking live.

The only people I know expected the husband to solely handle the home is Ibos and most times, their wives did not work.

Right from time, in Yoruba land, a wife is 'shamed or called lazy' if she expects the husband to finance the home alone. They are even called 'alabodos'.... Interestingly, the husband is not really expected to do anything domestic.
I like this so much. This is where a sensible man comes in, not expected to do anything domestic doesn't mean not actually helping when necessary.
Re: Retired Soldier Takes Over The Kitchen. Says "Help Your Wives, You Wont Die" by nlPoster: 8:47pm On Feb 20, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help! My Fiancee Is Always Picking Fights For Me... / Why Do Africans Prefer Suffering Or Putting Themselves In Difficult Situations? / Mother Ties Her Child On A Pillar In Her House (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.