Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,179 members, 7,811,440 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:44 AM

Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos (12160 Views)

I Didn’t Storm Out Of South West Leaders Meeting – Fayemi / BIAFRA: Lawyers Storm US Embassy Over IPOB / US Lawyers Storm Nigeria To Gather Evidence Against Nigerian Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by aminulive: 12:47pm On Mar 27, 2018
@POLITICSNGR

Heavy confusion has engulfed the Lagos state house of assembly after lawyers opposed a public hearing on the amendment to the Land Use Charge act.

PoliticsNGR gathered that the chairman of the Ikeja branch of the Nigerian bar association, NBA, Adeshina Ogunlana opposed the holding of the public hearing on the basis that stakeholders had no access to the amendment.

Ogunlana and a group of lawyers called for an extension of the hearing to allow stakeholders read through the document, understand it and make contributions.

This did not go down well with Bayo Oshinnowo, the chairman of the 6-member Ad-hoc committee on the proposed amendment, who stated that there was no basis for the postponement.

Speaker of the house, Mudashiru Obasa supported Oshinow's stance adding that issue was not enough to call for postponement.

This angered Ogunlana and his group of lawyers who then stormed out the assembly to hold a protest outside its premises.

https://politicsngr.com/crisis-looms-lagos-lawyers-storm-hearing-land-use-charge/

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by three: 12:59pm On Mar 27, 2018
Wow!

So the so called revised Land Use Charge has NOT been GAZETTED and LASG has already sent out bills!
Illegality and impunity redefined.

So when did it effectively become a law abi Lagos Lawmakers do not know how law making works again?

Lagosians (all who live and hustle in Lagos) might as well line up at Bourdillon and pay the money.

I don't know what this man has on you all! embarassed cry

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by nairavsdollars(f): 1:08pm On Mar 27, 2018
The Lagos NBA should keep the fight on until Ambode back tracks....the 50 percent reduction is still way high..
Ambode is ready to sell Lagosians to Tinubu (Alphabeta) because of second term

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by Mitsurugi(m): 1:09pm On Mar 27, 2018
So because we massively voted APC they now believe we are YES MEN. How can someone be considered part of a process when he has no access to the facts? How can he make viable contributions to a process which will bind him eventually? APC is just a party of dimwits and scoundrels. This LUC issue is what it is - Lagosians have officially been acknowledged as the ATM for Tinubu and his niggas grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by NaijaMutant(f): 1:09pm On Mar 27, 2018
angry
Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by Kennyg101: 1:09pm On Mar 27, 2018
Its not right na. We can't keep copying they developed countries
Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by ObaroFaisal(m): 1:09pm On Mar 27, 2018
FTC
Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by Offpoint: 1:09pm On Mar 27, 2018
Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by GerryMandering: 1:10pm On Mar 27, 2018
Everybody is angry these days in naija

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by Amirullaha(m): 1:10pm On Mar 27, 2018
ObaroFaisal:
FTC
Glo user spotted...
Glo with pride!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by Kenndee(m): 1:10pm On Mar 27, 2018
Ok
Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by seguno2: 1:11pm On Mar 27, 2018
aminulive:
PoliticsNGR gathered that the chairman of the Ikeja branch of the Nigerian bar association, NBA, Adeshina Ogunlana opposed the holding of the public hearing on the basis that stakeholders had no access to the amendment.

Ogunlana and a group of lawyers called for an extension of the hearing to allow stakeholders read through the document, understand it and make contributions.

How does APC expect stakeholders to discuss a document that they have not seen
Ayam not understanding!
Abracadabra is the game of APC. The more you look, the less you see.
APC is a demonic gathering of propagandists.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by gabazin080(m): 1:11pm On Mar 27, 2018
by the time ambode is through with us in Lagos, most of us will return to the village

7 Likes

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by donejossy87(f): 1:11pm On Mar 27, 2018
It's pay back time to greedy landlord grin

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by haconjy(m): 1:13pm On Mar 27, 2018
Useless Country... Nigerian ��... No more good news except troubles everywhere...

1 Like

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by Youngadvocate(m): 1:13pm On Mar 27, 2018
If you think this obnoxious law doesn't affect you because you don't own land or you ain't a landlord then, you are of all men the most miserable.

The people to bear the true brunt of this repressive, money-sucker tool called Law are the POOR.

When your Landlord gets the outrageously high bill, he simply shares it among the tenants and it is still you struggle to survive on your meager salary or income that will pay for it.

Nigerians, wake up from your foolishness and slumber!!

There is no basis, I repeat, there is no basis whatsoever, to introduce this Law in Lagos state. You buy your land, get necessary documentations, build your house and own it.

It is only some lazy bones that are conniving with the Lagos state government to deprive the poor masses their hard earned money PERIOD!!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by akdjr(m): 1:14pm On Mar 27, 2018
It is time for our leaders in power of Authority to educate the electorate on how Taxes are being spend, so we know the channel and verifiable accountability record published.....

3 Likes

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by edoman2016: 1:15pm On Mar 27, 2018
The collection of Land Use Charge from landlords by Lagos state government is a scam that must be stopped. Or else other states in Nigeria will emulate Lagos state and have the courage to collect land use charge as well.

11 Likes

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by Tracypacy(f): 1:17pm On Mar 27, 2018
After I gave my wife a loan for her business, i have been eating chicken and cowleg I didn't pay for at home. My mind is telling me my money is gone

11 Likes

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by Mitsurugi(m): 1:17pm On Mar 27, 2018
three:
Wow!

So the so called revised Land Use Charge has NOT been GAZETTED and LASG has already sent out bills!
Illegality and impunity redefined.

So when did it effectively become a law abi Lagos Lawmakers do not know how law making works again?

Lagosians (all who live and hustle in Lagos) might as well line up at Bourdillon and pay the money.

I don't know what this man has on you all! embarassed cry

My brother I am just weak. It seems all Tinubu needs to do is bend and the entire South West stoop to take a sniff of his rump! angry

8 Likes

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by seguno2: 1:18pm On Mar 27, 2018
akdjr:
It is time for our leaders in power of Authority to educate the electorate on how Taxes are being spend, so we know the channel and verifiable accountability record published.....

Our public servants are not interested in transparency.
Even APC and Buhari that is pretending to be fighting corruption can’t provide details of their budget. Everything is bojuboju, hide and seek under them.
How can you fight corruption without transparency

4 Likes

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by Lexusgs430: 1:20pm On Mar 27, 2018
Once properties are revalued, simply sell it to Ambode or Tinubu......

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by lakeside30: 1:23pm On Mar 27, 2018
Tracypacy:
After I gave my wife a loan for her business, i have been eating chicken and cowleg I didn't pay for at home. My mind is telling me my money is gone

Hmmmm,my brother e b like so o

3 Likes

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by Lexusgs430: 1:24pm On Mar 27, 2018
Tracypacy:

You are already eating the capital and interest (hopefully she would not return for a loan topup)...

3 Likes

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by dejiotus: 1:27pm On Mar 27, 2018
donejossy87:
It's pay back time to greedy landlord grin

Are you very sure of that? I hope you are aware that landlords will be adding the extra cost to ordinary tenants like me and
you.

5 Likes

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by Jabioro: 1:30pm On Mar 27, 2018
They wanted you to sign off your land,and remained perpetual tenant in your own house,make your borehole you drilled with your squeezed sweat another rentage equipment.Meanwhile you continued to maintain the facility and LASG will be collecting undue dues....Sango la pa iyalaya won!

5 Likes

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by RZArecta2(m): 1:31pm On Mar 27, 2018
Are the house of assembly members representing the good people of Lagos state or their selfish interests ? Taxation and it's attendant development is good but it should be done properly and with a human face
Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by chinedu234(m): 2:01pm On Mar 27, 2018
Why do we suffer ourselves so much with arguments. It is simply time to stop the personal enterprise and dynasty of Lagos. Even if they pretend to bow to pressure and soft pedal today,it does not obliterate the real motive which is primitive accumulation of wealth and political dominance. Some of us made the mistake of thinking that these people were different. But today we know better and our belief is that there has to be a change in Lagos. Please guard your pvcs well.

2 Likes

Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by iguita: 2:16pm On Mar 27, 2018
it is still a scam. He should not give discount/relief. He should officially reduce the fee.
nairavsdollars:
The Lagos NBA should keep the fight on until Ambode back tracks....the 50 percent reduction is still way high..
Ambode is ready to sell Lagosians to Tinubu (Alphabeta) because of second term
Re: Lawyers Storm Out Of Hearing On Land Use Charge In Lagos by Sctests: 2:19pm On Mar 27, 2018
The only way to stop that obnoxious Land use charge is to get Ambode and Tinubu out of government.

With the pressure on ground Ambode will backpedal to deceive you in order to save his 2nd term ambition, if Ambode wins 2nd term, LAGOSIANS WILL CRY BLOOD. HE WILL DEMOLISH THE HOUSES OF ALL THOSE WHO PLAYED A PART IN THE PROTEST against the LUC.

Even if you have your C of O, you will not get a dime from Ambode. 4,000 houses have been marked for demolition in lagos now and after 2015 elections and many of the owners will be deceived to vote Ambode again and then cry blood.

Vote out Ambode and save your land and houses. A word is enough for Lagosians.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Another Economic Recession May Be Imminent, Says FSDH / We Won’t Postpone Presidential Poll For Any Reason – INEC / Poor Nigerians Will Reach 100 Million By 2022 – World Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.