Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,175 members, 7,835,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day (21538 Views)

“ambode, Why Exactly Am I Here?”–buhari Reacts Angrily During Presidential Visit / Presidential Visit: Parked Trailers Disappear Again From Expressways In Lagos / Make Fridays Work-free, Allow Hijabs – Muslims List 6 Restructuring Demands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by olatunji390(m): 6:58pm On Mar 27, 2018
Lol! Using good idea to control traffic. Good for them. As a civil servant, break start from tomorrow afternoon till monday
Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by xreal: 6:59pm On Mar 27, 2018
nex:

They actually force Government workers to attend these Presidential visiting events. Heads of agencies and departments are mandated to ensure all their staff come out to attend the welcoming. Staff who do not attend would be sanctioned by their bosses.

It shouldn't be mandatory.

Reminds me of Obasanjo Vs Tinubu era.
Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by wristbangle: 6:59pm On Mar 27, 2018
Mynd44:
So Lagosians get Thursday, Friday and Monday as holiday.

My friends will be dancing by now

Am so happy right now but not happy with daura visit. He is fast losing his popularity even among his kinsmen.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by DTaj: 7:01pm On Mar 27, 2018
If you lived in Lagos when Jonathan (GEJ) visited Lagos, you will like this holiday o! The day Jonathan visited Lagos, I regretted going to my office; I spent 10 hours (yes, 10 hours!) in traffic, worn out, hungry, and very, very angry!

Non- Lagos residents might see this as daft, but those of us who suffered during Jonathan’s visit would call this “pragmatic governance”; we applaud this...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by Olumaeme: 7:06pm On Mar 27, 2018
Thursday, Friday and Monday would be holidays in Lagos State..
Incredible!
Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by Oluwaseyi456(m): 7:07pm On Mar 27, 2018
Duncan is coming
Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by petenweke: 7:11pm On Mar 27, 2018
A holiday because the President is visiting?
And when Bill Gates talks now una go dey vex. Do you know the economic implication for a struggling economy?
All these young Governors sef, never thought Ambode is another footlicker like Bello of Kogi. That one declared holidays when Buhari was coming back to Nigeria from his sick London trip.
Shouldn't Buhari the upright crusader tell them that it is corruption of the system?
I get it, as long as it's APC, carry go!

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by Strikethem: 7:11pm On Mar 27, 2018
FanYogo1:
Welcome to the SW, sir.
We're the center of excellence.
Education hub
Industrial hub
Entertainment hub
Tech hub
Cultural hub
Refugee hub for osu flat head refugees

5 Likes

Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by BabatCargo(m): 7:12pm On Mar 27, 2018
Hmmm...thats a big day for lagosians

Ship from China to Nigeria at low rate....
Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by Jones4190(m): 7:14pm On Mar 27, 2018
PMB strikes and the untouchables are scared! To mention but few...
-PMB denied Obj access to Mambila Hydro project, Obj believed he will always have his way in Nigeria, but PMB said no, Obj wrote a so called damning letter
-Hadiza Bala of NPA indicted Atiku's Intel company, and sucked out billions of naira which he short changed Nigeria, Atiku became wild and checked out of APC, and began to shout anyhow.
-EFCC attempted to confiscate 13 foreign assets of Ekweremadu, which were acquired illegally, Ekweremadu invited military coup on the NASS floor.
- Hadiza Bala of NPA now indicts TY Danjuma's NAL' COMET agency, and want extract some billions of naira, which he shortchanged the country in the 30 years of its operation, Mr TY declared for civil unrest that will result to Anarchy.

Watch closely, if PMB decided to run, and eventually win 2019 election, most of the corrupt top shots, who held the country to ransom and believed they were untouchables, might die from frustration.
With the recent development and the dielemma of the ruling elites, we all agree the business is now not as usual.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by lexy2014: 7:14pm On Mar 27, 2018
Einl:
They are declaring Lagos Work Free, just because the President is coming to commission a bus terminal?

Lagos, whose economy is bigger than all the countries is East Africa combined, will be shut down because the President is visiting?...to do what??

Trump goes to Florida every other day and I never hear anything.

Fulani and Book Haram have massacred, not killed, but massacred people, yet no single arrest.

Scam. Fraud. 419. Deception. Lies.
my brother that was what got my attention. Bus terminal that LG councillor or one baale can commission, buhari will now waste fuel and 2days in Lagos. Na so d guy go nassarawa to commission ordinary market. If I b president, e get some things wey I go de shame 2go commission

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by Gerrard59(m): 7:14pm On Mar 27, 2018
Yet another reason why Lagos needs a Tokyo style train system.
Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by emmasege: 7:15pm On Mar 27, 2018
Einl:
They are declaring Lagos Work Free, just because the President is coming to commission a bus terminal?

Lagos, whose economy is bigger than all the countries is East Africa combined, will be shut down because the President is visiting?...to do what??

Trump goes to Florida every other day and I never hear anything.

Fulani and Book Haram have massacred, not killed, but massacred people, yet no single arrest.

Scam. Fraud. 419. Deception. Lies.
I agree with you on all but your point on Lagos economy being larger than the whole of East Africa is fallacy. Yes, Lagos economy is larger than any country in East Africa, but definitely not all of East Africa.

Guy, have you been to Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania before? I find your claim incredible but I'll like to be educated. Could you please substantiate your claim?

1 Like

Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by lexy2014: 7:15pm On Mar 27, 2018
FanYogo1:
Welcome to the SW, sir.
Education hub
Industrial hub
Entertainment hub
Tech hub
Cultural hub
with all this na only bus stop e wan come commission

1 Like

Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by FarahAideed: 7:15pm On Mar 27, 2018
Declaring public holiday because a failure is visiting is really a bad precedence that should not be encouraged ..I know fake crowd will be hired and set up along the empty routes to be used .

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by lexy2014: 7:17pm On Mar 27, 2018
petenweke:
A holiday because the President is visiting?
And when Bill Gates talks now una go dey vex. Do you know the economic implication for a struggling economy?
All these young Governors sef, never thought Ambode is another footlicker like Bello of Kogi. That one declared holidays when Buhari was coming back to Nigeria from his sick London trip.
Shouldn't Buhari the upright crusader tell them that it is corruption of the system?
I get it, as long as it's APC, carry go!
corruption cannot kill corruption

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by FanYogo1(f): 7:17pm On Mar 27, 2018
lexy2014:
with all this na only bus stop e wan come commission

Oga, if you weren't running from your region, we wouldn't have to. Apparently, dodoyo like you don't understand the importance of transportation sector.

All these fanyogo urchins.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by yazach: 7:19pm On Mar 27, 2018
FanYogo1:
Welcome to the SW, sir.
Education hub
Industrial hub
Entertainment hub
Tech hub
Cultural hub

Bros you no finish am

The center of peace
No hate speech
No violence
No pipe line vandalization
No Terrorism

5 Likes

Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by Ehibiggirl(f): 7:19pm On Mar 27, 2018
Mynd44:
So Lagosians get Thursday, Friday and Monday as holiday.

My friends will be dancing by now
yeah I'm dancing and I'm not ur friend, how is this even possible
Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by RomeoEmpire(m): 7:23pm On Mar 27, 2018
FanYogo1:
What if I want to go to work? angry angry
The question is, what If u n i want to go to wrk?
Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by Akiika: 7:24pm On Mar 27, 2018
Civil servants only sit in to collect salary anyway, 90% of them are unproductive. LASG only saved them transport money.

3 Likes

Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by loan4biz: 7:25pm On Mar 27, 2018
sai baba

1 Like

Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by deomelo: 7:28pm On Mar 27, 2018
Skepticus:
cool

Why are Nigerian bureaucrats defective in progressive thinking?

That's how we lose time, manpower and huge revenues over silly holidays that add nothing to the quality of life in the country.

Skepticus:
cool

Femi Fani-Kayode is the only "useful" thing left as opposition.

Skepticus:
cool

Buhari is irredeemably evil.

Hajia, I can't wait for you and your bad luck party to be kicked out in '19.

We know your type...

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by natedat: 7:29pm On Mar 27, 2018
Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by Odmic2839(m): 7:50pm On Mar 27, 2018
Gangster1ms:
Ha! I'm saying Friday to monday is too much holidays and they are adding thursday cos of this clueless leader angry
What are u sir Mr follower?
Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by MaziOmenuko: 7:56pm On Mar 27, 2018
Gboom:
Is work free meant for civil servants alone or is other private establishments like banks are inclusive?
This is because the article only stated work free day without stating those involved.

Civil servants of course.

If you block mobolajk bank Anthony way and agege moto Rd, Na him be say Ikeja will be on lockdown. I pity commuters shaa.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by zeepatoprick(m): 8:00pm On Mar 27, 2018
People are here ranting ... Thank God I have that day to rest abeg.. I cannot come and go and kii myself
Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 27, 2018
emmasege:

Can someone imagine London or Washington DC being shut just because of a state visit of the PM or president?

Can't wait for Ambode to place tax on television sets and say "we do this because, it is done in London"

Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by miqos02(m): 8:06pm On Mar 27, 2018
Gboom:
Is work free meant for civil servants alone or is other private establishments like banks are inclusive?
This is because the article only stated work free day without stating those involved.
only lagos state government workers will stay at home

1 Like

Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:06pm On Mar 27, 2018
FanYogo1:
What if I want to go to work? angry angry

Lol. My boss has said we won't observe it. So, I'll be going to work.

You can go to work, too. Let's all go to work. smiley

1 Like

Re: Presidential Visit: Lagos Declares Thursday March 29 Work Free Day by datribune: 8:14pm On Mar 27, 2018
Godspeed, Mr President. We are waiting to receive you sir. God bless Lagos State. God bless Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Cancels APC Ward Congress Result In Imo / Anambra Police Parade 70 Suspects (Photos) / Should CBN Print More Money To Aid Our Dwindling Economy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.