Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy (11061 Views)

Innovative Agricultural Systems Critical To Climate Action / Only Agriculture Can Restore Nigerian Economy – PMB / Small Scale COCOA POWDER Export FREE Pdf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 3:54am On Jun 06, 2018
4.2 Tips for seeds varieties

Cucumber
1. Very big fruit size varieties command more price these days than before. Markets used to refuse big fruits. These days, very big fruits are preferred..
2. In south west, make sure it is dark. Some parts of eastern part prefer light green.
3. Most importantly, get one which has very high resistance to downy mildew. You cannot easily know this until after pilots. Manufacturers tell lies. Staking rigorous is not easy. Therefore, if anyone decide to ignore crop rotation rule, i will not blame him/her. Just go for quality seeds.
4. Do not buy because it is cheap. Buy quality. The prices may be high, but may turn out to be the best choice.
5. Newbies should avoid gynecious in my opinion and go for very big monoecious types. Farmers make more money with big varieties when they face challenges on farm. I am not saying gynecious is bad, but they juzt require more attention to get more fruits from them. Predominant female flowers get aborted easily.

Watermelon
1. High downy tolerance
2. Extremely big fruits are better so you plant less population.

Tomato
1. I am a rainy season tonato farmer. Tolerance to rainy season diseases is non negotiable. Tackle Wilts and blights.
2. Fruits should be with firm skin
3. Fruits should be average to big sizes
4. Extreme high yield. Tomato is a big business
5. Harvest per plants should be above 5kg. I have seen 22kg. I tested it on sterilized soil and was perfect. I will rather do just 2 plots of this and do it well during rainy season. I can take one month to prepare my soil in bags.

1 Like

Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 4:06am On Jun 06, 2018
- - - Special Observation - - -
Over 90% of those who contacted me will still not make it. Please, leave farming if you cannot really spend on it very well to do the right thing. Even after doing the right thing, you may get it rifht after 2 or 3 trials.

From my wide experience, it is not advisable to be seeds seller and at the same time be a farmer. You will be a slave to the varieties you are selling rhereby limiting yourself. To be a good seeds dealer, be a farmer who involves with pilots ONLY. And if you are a far.er, learn to do pilots too instead of asking sellers for info.

Farmers who take sellers advices are not only foolish but idiots. I am sorry, many have talked to me. I just cannot measure their level of stupidity. What else do you exoect the seller to say other than the products are excellent. Listen to sellers who do pilots. In short, test it yourself and stop asking.
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 4:23am On Jun 06, 2018
4.3 Move with me beyond Cucumber, watermelon, pepper, etc.

There are some extremely high priced vegetables. I tested some varieties and I am so impressed with them.
Join me as I move into the world of squash (2 types), okra long, melon, cauliflower, beetroots, green peas.

You will not regret these if you csn find market for it. There are twl groups of people I habe been talking tk so far.

First, the rigid person. They have read about cucumber and that is what they want to do. But they are not prepared for the task.

Second, the flexible person. They agree to go to check market, and we first analyse that. Most return with different stories. One lady in the Delta area ended up getting a shop for herself. She never saw herself getting a shop, but after chatting with me, she took my advices so serious and she got something better. I am sure she would not see the shop as an opportunity. Another person abandoned the idea of cucumber to start okra and capsicum. And there is a student who I told to go for greens so as to not do too much work. The young man is happy today.

It is all about marketing research to knlw what to chltivate. And theafter, opening a pilot farm
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by hazel01(f): 9:53pm On Jun 08, 2018
I have a farm in Ibadan, about 2 acres which I want to form a group to farm on.

I wish to have 3 nethouses on the farm and the rest of the land will be open field.

Is it possible to have people who share the same goals with me on the land? I am looking for a way to bring aspiring farmers who can join me. My intention is to divide the land into small sections so each farmer can cultivate his/her portion. Anyone interested in the nethouse too can join.

Please, can you help me achieve this? I need your assistance to organise it. I want to do it in a way all members of my group will have profit from it. There is good market for our vegetable.
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 11:29pm On Jun 08, 2018
hazel01:

I wish to have 3 nethouses on the farm and the rest of the land will be open field.

Is it possible to have people who share the same goals with me on the land? I am looking for a way to bring aspiring farmers who can join me. My intention is to divide the land into small sections so each farmer can cultivate his/her portion. Anyone interested in the nethouse too can join.

Please, can you help me achieve this? I need your assistance to organise it. I want to do it in a way all members of my group will have profit from it. There is good market for our vegetable.

Quite interesting. If you want some group of people to build nethouses, they should be reasonably big enough up to about to total area of 2,500sqm. You should have about 30 tons of capsicum per season. I will assist you.

To make people join you, it is necessary you show them you can buy at farm gate price of N350 per kg. This means you need vigorous marketing of your products. You are the host, and must be responsible for sales of the nethouse produce. Then, you make a schedule for your members how they work on the farm. My sister, you are on the right path if you can so this.

As for the open field, let your group buy together drip, mulch and fertigation kits. Each person is responsible for his/her slot. The good help you can do for them is to show them where to sell. If you can sell for them, buy at farm gate price, and take the products to farm too.

Just that I am not so free. Hmmm. But since this is like an open invitation, I will look at how to do it.
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by hazel01(f): 6:52am On Jun 09, 2018
fluentinfor:

Quite interesting. If you want some group of people to build nethouses, they should be reasonably big enough up to about to total area of 2,500sqm. You should have about 30 tons of capsicum per season. I will assist you.

To make people join you, it is necessary you show them you can buy at farm gate price of N350 per kg. This means you need vigorous marketing of your products. You are the host, and must be responsible for sales of the nethouse produce. Then, you make a schedule for your members how they work on the farm. My sister, you are on the right path if you can so this.

As for the open field, let your group buy together drip, mulch and fertigation kits. Each person is responsible for his/her slot. The good help you can do for them is to show them where to sell. If you can sell for them, buy at farm gate price, and take the products to farm too.

Just that I am not so free. Hmmm. But since this is like an open invitation, I will look at how to do it.
thanks a lot sir, but the problem would be in getting people with like minds, and to also get people really serious about agriculture, not someone they would just dump all the responsibilities on, why they wait for returns..... I crave serious partnership, is there anyone you can recommend or hook me up with sir?
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 09, 2018
hazel01:
thanks a lot sir, but the problem would be in getting people with like minds, and to also get people really serious about agriculture, not someone they would just dump all the responsibilities on, why they wait for returns..... I crave serious partnership, is there anyone you can recommend or hook me up with sir?

I receive requests like this frequently. Yes, I see you are passionate about your farm. I know you will encounter people who are lazy. Well, you cannot know who are not passionate when they first meet you easily. Why do you think I recommend you cover over 1/2 acre? Only you can manage the nethouses with workers. So, it is not your business if anyone comes to work there or not as business goes on. So, you can get investors for that. And if you get serious partners for it also, it is good.

As for open field, just divide the land into slots. It is not your business if the person takes care of his/her portion or not. However, you need to find exit strategy for whoever is lazy (removing such from the group). I think you will need to sign agreement with your partners as the host.

I believe people you are looking for are reading. They just need to trust your hands.

Avoid people who ask for MMM returns. Avoid troublesome people. Things go wrong on farms; therefore, you do not need people whose life depend on what they will get one month after set up. For open field, it is not your business at all, if they are lazy. Your business is to give them warnings if they are not meeting up to target. And your business is to supervise and assist them to achieve the main objects. I am sure if anyone is having challenges and you come around, if the person is serious, there will be turn around. But when the person is not serious, show the fellow the door, find a better replacement.

People who might be interested want to know what you are offering them.
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 10:44am On Jun 09, 2018
hazel01:

am interested in this your idea...hopefully u will post more details on that here
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 09, 2018
Olaleyeabdullah:
am interested in this your idea...hopefully u will post more details on that here

You should discuss with her. I believe you know exactly what you are capable of doing, and how you want it. Also, you should get an idea of the cost of running each plot. Your ideas and suggestions might make it work well. Do not just ask him to post details. Get involved with the planning too. You must share same ideology.

Questions to ask:
Should we deploy drip, mulch, modern staking, etc?
Should we do organic or inorganic?
What kind of borehole, well, tanks, pipes etc do we need to get?
How do we purchase what we need?
Do we need to get trained? Or can we cope without training?
If we decide to go for same training, how best can we get the best at an affordable price?
Should we all get involved also in nethouse production?

Actually, if I were involved, I would make sure I got involved with nethouse. Nothing beats it. In fact, it is the first I would target. I might even push for total covrring of the whole 10 plots if i got like minds. Nothing beats an assured production. Open field is not easy.
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 10, 2018
5.0 Entrepreneurship

5.1 Abuja and Vegetables
I have interacted with many residents of Abuja but no one has been able to dig the opportunities in the city. It is a city with open market where one can sell vegetables and fruits like brocolli, basil, lettuce, cauliflower, etc.

I had the opportunity of exploring the city very well recently, and I am highly impressed with what I saw.

There are still rural areas in the city where one can get land. And I am of the opinion that it is a place to use nethouse to produce veggie. I am confident about this.

Personally, I am thinking of doing a marketing research for the city. The market is too huge in the city. Most embassies or high commissions are there. Headquarters of most government departments are there too.

There is just one challenge I have there. Doing door to door marketing by a micro scale farmer needs wisdom. How does one gdt the attention of the owner of building with tight securities? There are many restricted areas. Hmmm! I think one needs the experience of a gpod marketer. You may want to talk to a bank marketer. Lol.

If you live in Abuja, why don't you look into nethouse production of vegetables like: lettuce, cauliflower, capsicum, berries, brocolli, habanero, chilli, etc?
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Degis(m): 8:40pm On Jun 11, 2018
fluentinfor:
Abuja and Vegetables
I have interacted with many residents of Abuja but no one has been able to dig the opportunities in the city. It is a city with open market where one can sell vegetables and fruits like brocolli, basil, lettuce, cauliflower, etc.

I had the opportunity of exploring the city very well recently, and I am highly impressed with what I saw.

There are still rural areas in the city where one can get land. And I am of the opinion that it is a place to use nethouse to produce veggie. I am confident about this.

Personally, I am thinking of doing a marketing research for the city. The market is too huge in the city. Most embassies or high commissions are there. Headquarters of most government departments are there too.

There is just one challenge I have there. Doing door to door marketing by a micro scale farmer needs wisdom. How does one gdt the attention of the owner of building with tight securities? There are many restricted areas. Hmmm! I think one needs the experience of a gpod marketer. You may want to talk to a bank marketer. Lol.

If you live in Abuja, why don't you look into nethouse production of vegetables like: lettuce, cauliflower, capsicum, berries, brocolli, habanero, chilli, etc?

This is my second time of commenting on your post. I live in Abuja and can testify to that the market you spoke so highly of. My facilitator actually implements most of your ideas in this post so much that I had to ask him, if he knows you or if he is the one behind your monicker.

He runs a micro farm where he supplies Abuja Shoprite malls and other shopping malls veggies of all kinds from his Greenhouse and open field yet he can't meet up. There is this company from Taraba that supplies Abuja every Thursday veggies that they had to fly them in to keep it fresh.

There are now many people doing veggies in Abuja but they can't seem to satisfy the market. I have also gotten like minds together in a cooperative setting to implement these concepts.
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 11, 2018
Degis:

This is my second time of commenting on your post. I live in Abuja and can testify to that the market you spoke so highly of. My facilitator actually implements most of your ideas in this post so much that I had to ask him, if he knows you or if he is the one behind your monicker.

He runs a micro farm where he supplies Abuja Shoprite malls and other shopping malls veggies of all kinds from his Greenhouse and open field yet he can't meet up. There is this company from Taraba that supplies Abuja every Thursday veggies that they had to fly them in to keep it fresh.

There are now many people doing veggies in Abuja but they can't seem to satisfy the market. I have also gotten like minds together in a cooperative setting to implement these concepts.

5.2 Marketing is the KEY.
Good marketing results in positive result.

While you confirmed some of my ideas as good concepts, someone responded to some of them and was discouraging people that nethouse is too costly. I always smile when I read his posts. Instead of him to pick up marketing, he is speculating.

I am confident I will get the cost of setting up a nethouse in Abuja faster than even Lagos that I beliebe so much in.

We are visiting Borny Island soon to check the market too.

It is time we I moved my network from cucumber sales in bags to these kind of opportunities and let readers who like the hard way, the best way with such market.

Thank you so much for your comments.
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 12:19am On Jun 12, 2018
5.3 It is easier to make easy huge profit in a poor environment only if you can spot treasures in the place

Isaac in the Bible stayed when there was farmine in the land he was living and prospered, while his father Abraham ran away. There is mystery behind making huge profit in poor environments without exploting the poor.

I still do not understand why a sensible person will want to market nethouse products to average salary earners. Average earners that prefer to buy cheap rotten tonatoes are who who want to sell quality products to. The truth is that that farmer who is poor in his thought can only sell to poor buyers like him. I refuse to be poor intellectually.

And I find it funny when retirees pick up cutlasses snd hoes to farm vegetables in rural areas. They do not have strength, yet they think improvisation is their way out. Holy Jesus!

Where do foreigners live more? Where do rich men live? Where do they buy veggie products? Come on! Not all of them buy everything from shoprite? Chinese go to local markets. If you can win one Chinese and you satisfy him, do you know how many customers you will get from him?

And funny how people contact me to still find extreme low cost to implement my suggestions. It is not a bad trial. I know the end of the journey of many of them and i do not discourage. In fact, I always encourage them to explore improvised options. The road I have travelled, the hard way. My head refuse to suffer myself going through hard ways when there are simple ways to achieve my goals.

One man even said he wants to fabricate nethouse with galvanised pipes. I just smiled and I still pray for him to not build what will collapse on his head. Truth is that I even tried to sell some of my galvanised pipes to him. Lol. In fact, the pain in running after those local artisans is enough to make a serious farmer avoid them and opt for importing everything he needs to set up well. What is the point in setting up what cannot be easily detached and reinstalled else where. Precision bulky production is more accurate than using hand tools.

Chai! Poor man dey suffer ooooo. I refuse to be poor.
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 12, 2018
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 7:17am On Jun 13, 2018
Mobilia:
Fluentifor,
Sir if you don't mind, may I ask about fruit and vegetable farming in Nigeria since you clearly are a guru on the topic?
I had never been interested in farming until about 3 yrs ago.
I had asked my dad about fruit and vegetable farming but he's limited in knowledge about what's best to grow since he hasn't lived there in awhile. I don't think it was a topic of interest for him either.
Or you could direct me to a thread that can answer my questions if you feel uncomfortable.
Thanks

Ms., I can answer all your questions. Just be free. It is fine. The simple truth is that all kinds of fruits and vegetables can be grown in Nigeria. But I grow what is more profitable or what is easy.

5.4 Let facts make you decision. Avoid speculating
Tropical weather - SW, N, SS, SE. Temperate - Jos
Cold loving crops like green peas, beetroots, apples, grapes, berries can be grown in Jos without modifying the planting area climatic condition.

Technology is Power
It is possible to also grow crops which perform excellently in Nigeria because of the following:

1. Tropical seeds varieties of many crops which love cold are available. Example are: cauliflower, brocolli, beetroot, apples, grapes, kiwi, pear, etc. Gone are the days when strawberries fruits only around 15 degrees celcius. Of course there are new varieties which flower and produce fruits at around 25C. In a place like Lagos where it can get to 35C, what one needs is to make sure one gets 23C to 25C. Of course it will not happen duri ng the day if one is using natural ventilation. But one can get it at night. During day may be around 28 to 30C.

2. Special organic/safe synthetic hormones work wonders. One can strengthen plants to reduce flowers abortions caused by serious heat. Also, one can achieve uniform flowering, one can turn male flowers to females, etc.

3. Nethouse can achieve almost everything.

Profit Making Vegetable/Fruits Farming
This is real business and you need a good strategy for it. I guess this is an area you might be interested in. Sure, it is better to start with natural tropical veggie/fruits, or already adapted varieties to your farm location as long as market tells you to shoot ahead.

Let Market Guide You
Which vegetable or fruits should I do? Which varieties should I do? The answer is what market demands for if and only if profit is your main motive. If not, try growing whatever you like

You do not necessarily need to use your ancestors' land
We consult our parents who we think can help with land and their first line of thought is to contact family members in the village. Lol. Wrong approach. Let market guide you where to locate your farm.

Ok. I can go on and on. If you have more questions, feel free. If you do not feel comfortable asking in this public forum because farming discussions show financial capability of interested people which may make them vulnerable to cyber fraud, you can contact me privately too. Check first post on this thread on how best to reach me. And if you are comfortable asking here, ride on.
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jun 13, 2018
5.4 You are more of an entrepreneur than a producer.
Everything about you is marketing. 99% of farmers think in the opposite dircetion by moving from production to marketing. No. You move from marketing to production.

A producer:
I want to plant cucumber because everyone on nairaland is talking about cucumber presently. Hmmm. Fluentinfor is talking about marketing first, so, let me check.

An entrepreneur:
I want to start a vegetable farm. Which area can I locate my farm. Hmmmm! I am also a busy person, and I live in Kaduna.
1. What sells more in the local market?
2. Are products in 1 above profitable enough for me? Mr. might be satisfied with N10,000 monthly income from his vegetable/fruit business while Mr. B wants total income of around N15,000,000 quarterly.
3. Can I leverage on the experience of my fellow farmers. Where do they sell to? How can I join them? How do I move my products to Lagos, Abuja, PH, etc with them?
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2018
[quote author=fluentinfor post=6843240
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jun 13, 2018
Mobilia:

Sir,
This is awesome I must say! You definitely know your stuff....
You actually touched on a lot of questions that I wanted to ask....(climate, types of foods that can be grown,particular areas, seasons..etc).
This is really nice.....I've really gotten excited here....sorry about that.
I was meaning to ask you about this about a month ago when I was conversing with you on the "Nigerian accent" thread....
Seriously, this seems like you've written a book or something.
I am gonna go back to the beginning of this thread, take my time and read through all of this wealth of information. I should've checked this out much earlier, but it's better late than never.
If I have questions, which I'm sure I will, then I will contact you privately.
You raised a good point about avoiding potential fraud/scams.....cause I don't do well with those at all.
I'm now beginning to understand the importance of self-sufficiency in these modern times....and to be able to teach others to do so.
I won't say much more about that....but farming is a forgotten yet powerful method of living off of the land....
Not to mention, the financial aspects of it.
Thanks a million....and when /if I have a question, I'll definitely be contacting you.

Yes, I remember you on the accent thread. Nice to know you are interested in Agriculture. Yes, farming is a powerful method just like you said. And it is true that it is a big business all over the world. Even where you live, you can engage in farming - in Nigeria, US, UK, Canada, New Zealand, Kenya, Russia, Iceland etc.

This thread is about pre-requisites to starting micro scale in Nigeria. I avoid teaching the act of farming here. I might open a thread on that in the future. Just that I noticed most nairaland users are spectators in farming. And the few ones who want to get involved are investors. Scams here and there have put off many people. The ones practising farming here are mostly inefficient. And I am always sad when I read terrible methods and threads which portray us a extremely poor kind of people.

I have been discussings with Nigerians in diaspora and quite a few number met me via this thread on this forum. Presently, I am visiting farms, potential associates, and partners I have made so far.

One of my personal goals is to work with as many international organisations as possible to provide more affordable food for everyone.

I cannot just imagine making a proposal of cutlass and hoe farming to someone who lives in a big city where fruits, vegetables, meat, fish, etc are produced with modern techniques. It puts them off.

And funny, there is more money in feeding Africa than feeding north America and Europe. Bill Gates isn't stupid when he decided to quit working in microsoft (what makes him the richest man in the world), and took up feeding Africa.

There are just things any serious investors must put in place. So far, most people who call themselves farming investors are mere speculators. They always learn from experience. I hope this thread will assist you to achieve your goals.

1 Like

Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Delgi(m): 11:38pm On Jun 13, 2018
fluentinfor:
2.54. My nethouse design

- - - - What I do not use - - - -
1. I do not use the so called "anti viral" net.
Why is it called antivrial? Viral diseases are caused by thrips, whiteflies, aphids, etc. Very tiny set of pests. And some researchers came up with nets with viry tiny holes (mesh), so that these pests will not enter. But alas! Plants inside such nets were attacked. 50 mesh is crazy in hot climate as it is going to increase inside temperature drastically.

2. I do not use poly cover. Most designs are with poly top, and side net. And I hear " solarig covers" are super. Perhaps if I live where the highest temperature is 28C, i may consider it. Just go round and check all the abandoned greenhouses, they are all with poly covers. Lol. I used to thing solarig is the best for tropical weathers too.

3. I do not use power inside my greenhouses. Well, I have considered using evaporated cooling system using cooling pad, but I just found out that I do not really need it. Except, I want to reduce temperature to 25C i can consider it. I am not saying it is a bad technology, I just find a cheaper method for operating greenhouses in Nigeria.

4. I do not use nails all over my structure. It destroys nets. I do not ask local carpenters to fix nets on my structure. I use greenhouse accesories. If you want to move out of your present site, just remove your accessories and your net will still be intact.

5. I do not raise my structure so high to reduce temperature. The cost of such design is extremely high.

6. I do not use green, blue or red colored nets. Color matters a lot. It is a lie that green color nets provides better photosynthesis. Infact, blue and red combined together in the right proportion do better job. However, it has been proved that it is full sprectrum that gives plants the kind of result we desire.

- - - How I design - - - -

1. I used to preach only galvanised, but I have seen excellent bamboo designs. Also, if your carpenter knows how to use bolts, nuts, screws excellently, you can use any kind of wood. Just get him a screw tighning machine, or a drill and change its mouth accessory so he can easily fix screws. It makes like so easy.

2. I am concerned about thickness of the net; however, I am more concerned about its light spectrum details. It is why I personally order for raw materials from Germany or Japan I use to make my nets and I send them to a factory for a customised design. It took me a deep research, and I spent quite a fortune to perfect it. So, I do not know how to tell you the kind of net I always use. Of course, I did not invent the technology. I only fine tune it to suit my purpose. When thrips, aphids, whiteflies enter inside my structure, they are just helpless. Therefore, I do not always spray chemicals or neem. What a relieve? What a super organic way of growing veggie. Note: I produce in bulk only when I need it for my projects. I cannot order for one or two people. Maybe if I have left over in the store.

3. I diffuse light in my structure. Experienced farmers make their planting beds along north- south pole. If you diffuse light inside your structure, you do not need to bother about this. Only experienced farmers understand this point I have made here.

4. I add shade to my design to reduce stress. You reduce temperature by about 2 to 3C by using shade. The question is how many % shade should you use?

5. I either treat the soil and sow/transplant in it, or I do container farming. Get rid of wilt and other diseases.

6. I may spend more on my cover than the structure itself. I still believe galvanised structure is good but really, I am opened to new ideas. Frame is secondary to me at this point. Bamboo is not bad at all.

7. I take plant tissue tests by myself so I can know how to feed very well. Most of the people under my supervision enjoy this benefit. I send my staff to them to take readings, and within 24 hours, I provide them feeding formular. I do not use sophisticated equipment, just a midern technology with calculation. I read about a student's thesis masters degree paper who used auto- cad to measure plant tissue test. You heard me right : auto-cad (the software engineers use for designing). After the first series of tests, there may be no need to do it again.

8. I use poly cover during rainy season only. Just to prevent rain from entering. Afterwards, I remove it. Just any transparent nylon will do the job. No special nylon. Just to prevent rain.

If your structure records 40C temp, it is an oven. Always make sure you push it down to around max of 30C. All greenhouses that failed are ovens. If you want to know, consult any dizengoff 8m × 24m greenhouse. Maybe the company trying to improve its design, i.am.not sure. But what I know is that, they manufacture ovens for farmers.

And how do you intend to accomplish the bolded part on a 1000sqm-2,000sqm structure. What I've seen in Asia is the combination of shade net inside naturally ventilated poly houses during 40 degrees Celsius summer months.
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 14, 2018
Delgi:

And how do you intend to accomplish the bolded part on a 1000sqm-2,000sqm structure. What I've seen in Asia is the combination of shade net inside naturally ventilated poly houses during 40 degrees Celsius summer months.

Every good design has provision for every challenge, but many always go for improvised design which cannot. There are accessories that can do that if galvanised frame is used.
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Delgi(m): 5:48am On Jun 14, 2018
fluentinfor:

Every good design has provision for every challenge, but many always go for improvised design which cannot. There are accessories that can do that if galvanised frame is used.
Ok bro, I'll discuss that with you further later on. Keep up the good work.
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 14, 2018
Delgi:

Ok bro, I'll discuss that with you further later on. Keep up the good work.

1. There are structures with roll ups by the sides. Same can be applied to the roof. You just need to find a very nice design. Meaning, you are looking for a design that suits you.

2. You can go through the pain of finding a way manually install nylon during rainy season on your structure too. No pain, no gain. Just make sure you have workers who are patient; else, your net will suffer it.

3. The first thought of newbies is to fabricate here. Best of luck with such task. In that case, the owner must find a way to do it. But with the attitude of most artisans around, I do not advise anyone go through such task.

4. Many have the opinion that they can use wood or bamboo. Best of luck to them too. I have seen good structures made with bamboos. If I see a very good bamboo craftman myself, I will grab him. However, I still do not like the attitude of most artisans. It is just hard working with them. They behave like demons.

If you discuss with me further on this, I am not sure I can add any to it. I cannot recommend any craft man because they are not business oriented. I avoid them in whatsoever I plan doing. I prefer designs I can install and un-install by myself. I prefer accurate measurements in my designs.
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jun 14, 2018
FAQ 21 (letter)

Dear Fluentinfor,
Thank you for sharing with us from your wealth of experience. Please, I want you to be sincere with me, can I make profit with nethouse? I have been talking to people, and they have been discouraging me. I want to be sure before I get myself involved in it.

My response:
I have received too many questions about nethouse and I am going to answer this last time. I will not speak about nethouse again.

Well, I am not going to tell anyone to do nethouse farming if s(he) doesn't feel it. It is just the honest truth.

If you have a bamboo nethouse of 650sqm nethouse, you will have normal indoor plant population of 3,250 plants which you can easily step up to 3,652 plants (I can always guide anyone who is ready as long as some conditions are met).

Stages:
Nursery: 1 month
Vegetative: 3 months max.
Fruiting: 5 to 9 months.

Since capsicum keeps growing like indeterminate tomato, you can easily get average of 1.5 fruits per plant per month (on the low side). If it lasts 5 months harvest, you have 7.5 fruits per fruits. The good thing about capsicum is you can have up to 4 stems per plant. Meaning, if you are extremely good, you should have around 30 fruits or more per plant during the life span of the plants. You simply make one plant to produce what 4 plants can produce. You turn 1 plant to 4 plants.

If we decide to use 7.5 fruits per plant (we aren't using 30 fruits), with good feeding program, excellent net to prevent viral diseases, using container or using sterilized soil to eradicate soil diseases, spraying less chemicals, with other good practices, you should have 70% fruits that are 180kg and above, and 30% of 120kg or below fruits.

If you get the above paragraph right, 3,652 plants can easily produce 4.4 tons. If you do your maths, this is what you will get. This is on a very low output. I am confident that it is possible to get almost 2 times of this figure. Even 4 times is posdible if you are extremely good.

Your goal should be to sell at N500 per kg. Of course, it is possible to sell at over N1,000 or more. But my benchmark price is N500. Your total sale in 1 year will be N2.2 million naira for a very low output farmer.

Using bamboo, if you want to set right, you will need round N2 million to N2.5million. It means that a low output farm will almost get its investment back in 1 year. This is great. Even in India, experts give 2 years duration to recover nethouse investment.

Personally, I do not understand why most farmers are too much in hurry. Cucumber is 2.5 months and they want to make 3 million naira in that period using only N150,000. Please, who among those who tell you it is possible have made it?

If a low output farmer recovers his investment in 1 year, it is possible that a good farmer makes profit even during the first year especially if he follows my rule of having 2 nethouses of minimum of 1,000 square meters.

To make 5 tons of capsicum in a duration of 5 months is not hard. Come on! This is 250kg per week. Just 10 customers who are retailers can take this from you. Each takes 25kg per week. That's just about 150 to 200 fruits. And if you are doing 2 nethouses, it is not that hard.

Most of these people shouting open field is the most profitable have not even tried nethouse. They are merely speculators. If you do not have the strength or the capability of running after farm workers, why waste money on buying 1 acre drip, boreholes, feetigation, mulch, etc? Just waste of money.

With a well/residential borehole, simple pump, and just one full time worker, you can set this up excellently. I am sure many people are tapping into this but they will not tell you.

For me to share this, just know that I have gone far way ahead of this. I am releasing what is already obsolete to me, but I know it will generate income for you.

Send me message if you want to do this. Why must you go through the rigorous painful farming experience of open field? Cucumber farming isn't easy. Installing bamboo stakes is a tough job which most of these people will not tell you. To tie rope on 10,000 plants is a back breaker task. Ask farmers very well. No one will tell you if you do not ask.

Farm workers' troubles, thefts, arguments, etc are issues I do not read on most threads. These issues are real and are main reasons micro farms collapse. However, most people are silent about it. You still see them go into it again with the useless so called farm workers.

Personally, I have closed down all my open field farms in South West because I am tired of sacking workers. I tried many times to make things work out but it seems there is no solution to getting dedicated farm.workers in south west vegetable farms. I did not make a single profit since 2017 on open field. Production is always ok but farm workers are terrible in south west. If you brimg them from far away, they will soon learn the terrible ways of south west farm workers. If I am going to do open field in south west, it will not be a micro scale farm. Never and never.

If you doubt me, ask all these people posting vegetable farms on nairaland who reside in south west. Just ask them to be truthful. Talk to people who have gone to train in farms what the boss there is facing. If they will tell you the honest truth, they are always battling workers. They are always monitoring them 24-7. What kind of life is that?

Recent tactics of South West farmers on nairaland is training on farm. They use trainees as workers. Quite smart. I have no objection to this. Infact, it is a good way out. But can newbies do this?

To spend 4 to 6 million naira setting up 2 to 3 nethouses in south west is far more rewarding than wasting energy and resources on open field farming. I am being honest here.

Buy your nets and accessories. Keep them. Keep learning about market. Learn the ins and outs of the business. Set up excellently 6 months to 1 year after purchasing your nets and accessories. You are definitely on the right track. And if you can set up immediately after you purchase them, fine.

Nets can last 6 years if installed outside. 1 year to recover your investment, and 5 years profit duration is not bad at all. Is this not better than rush in, rush out open field farming which promises you millions in 2.5 months, but instead you get huge loss?

Please, I will not answer any further question on nethouse on this thread as I do not want to be seen as a promoter of it. If you are ready to tap into this opportunity under my guidance, contact me:

For more inquiry
1. Download and install Telegram on your android or apple device.
2. Open your web browser and click on https:///fluentinfor
3. Someone will attend to you.

Best of luck!
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jun 16, 2018
FAQ 22
It is rainy season, what can I grow with rain?

My response:
If vegetables, I think a farmer who depends on rain is just unserious. My own view.

First, you are growing what other farmers grow during the period and that is glut in market. You cannot be rich. Some farmers have tried watermelon. I have been successful like 3 times, but when I looked back, the risk is not worth it. Just too risky.

Second, no matter how the rainy season is predicted to be lovely, do not just try to grow some crops like cucumber without irrigation.

Third, go and grow corn with rain. It is better.

I still maintain my stand, vegetable farming is a big game. Stop trying to go on low cost set up. I want to see that rich farmer who started with low scale set up. Let me see that farmer. I am not saying one cannot start up with low cost, but why struggle in vain on farm?

Just think about this issue very well. May God remove poverty from our lives so we can think straight.
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jun 18, 2018
6.0 Fruits and Trees

Fruits and trees are lovely; however, most people are not able to get in this business. It is the truth. If you want to do this very well and make good cash, irrigation is a must.

1. Get irrigation
2. Curb Theft

My favorite fruits are:
Pineapple, Papaya, Mango, and Soursop.

I will post detailed post on them. I think Banana and Plantain can always make wealthy farmers too. But I find it hard installing irrigation for banana. I prefer swarmpy land for it. And if I can get a land near river, it is a good one.

Actually, Papaya on my mind.

I do noy know abput citrus cos they look heavy and cheap to me. I need to look into it very well.
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 19, 2018
6.1 Papaya

Very good varieties are around now, especially dwarf plants which produce 20 - 60 fruits every season.

Good farm location is paramount. I am not sure why you need to situate your farm in Ogbomosho which is far from every major market. Or do Ogbomosho people eat papaya? I am not sure why you should move your farm to Isheyin, Shaki, and other far locations just because land is cheap in these places. I think market women who sell salad in "take away" plastics increase the demand for papaya. From my observation, most people prefer eating pine- apple alone than papaya. And it seems a rich man might pick papaya before an average earner picks it. But average earners, especially working class who eat already prepared fruot salad in packs eat papaya more with other fruits. Just be more observant. Even in public places, they pick the already chopped fruits with toothpicks. Lol. Papaya is a perishable fruit; therefore, it is a bad idea to move it over a long distance.

Marketing is essential. All major cities should be looked into properly. Lagos is a good location.

Get drip irrigation. And you need special drip for this and not the common emmiter embedded kind. If you need 60 fruits to come out big, fresh, sweet and lovely, install irrigation. You may use special mulch too. I recommend it. It will conserve water. With mulch, you can easily use herbicide to get rid of weed on your farm. For 1 hectare papaya, you need less quantity of mulch.

You need to feed each plant heavily. Not just npk. You need a well balanced nutritional program.

Theft can wreck your farm. Guard against this.

It is true, papaya is an easy crop with high profit. Presently, I have a papaya farm, and it is so profitable. I was trying to see who is involved in papaya earlier this year, and I pretended as if I know nothing much about it
I chatted with some people and I was a bit surprised some farmers are aware.

Nigerians in diaspora should look into papaya before vegetable. It is easier to make profit with it.

Papaya + Nethouse is rewarding. Trust me, you will not regret it.

Also papaya intercropped with tomato is excellent.
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 4:04am On Jun 28, 2018
I want to finish this part i have started; however, for about 10 days, I have not slept well. I have been active daily for about 20 hours. I am making serious research, compiling results of projects, formulating strategies, and making more plans. I want to open farms outside Nigeria soon.

Well, I have stopped going to farms as I am retiring from this area just to concentrate on another area. Like I said, I want to open farms outside Nigeria. I just noticed that running costs in Nigeria is getting extremely too high with little output recently. However, God blessed me this week with someone I can confidently rely on. My new task is to go out and source for fund to open a big modern farm, while my partner holds the technical area. I will still be working with him. Trust me, when I say someone is extremely good in what he does, my friend is extremely good. We have both identified our strengths and weaknesses in this collaboration.

I have some materials on the various pilots we did to show here. I will be posting the pilots he did last year to early this year while we are still compiling new matetials for our new pilots. For these materials I am losting, he used less mulch. This is the only difference. But join me to see how a good farm should look like. Kindly observe neatness of the beds.

I will post materials (pictures or videos), and post the story behind them.

Waoooo! I have not slept well in 10 days. And today, I am going to sleep very well for like 5 days or more without working. I will not be on social media too. Maybe just to talk to my family members only when I am not resting. I really need to sleep. 20 hours daily for 10 days?

And I didnt realise that I am already over stretching myself. You know, I multitask excellently. I have a good phone that I can divide the screen into four sections. Pdf files on a section, web browser on the second, media on the third, and I open a chat app on the last. Lol. I do not understand myself, how I manage to do all these four things together at the same time. Gift from God, the only explanation I can give.

Something happened to me. I was chatting with various people for that 20 hours, on and off, of course. And I was reading a long resesrch paper, then would watch this series "Better Call Saul". Very interesting series, a spin- off of the award winning "Breaking Bad". Have you watched "The Wire"? Same kind of story. Excellently series. I did not realise one of the people I was talking to was online for a long time too. This person started doubting of it is the same person who had been online since morning. Lol. Then, i started hearing stories about Naija boys coming online and multiple users use same account and stay for hours. The person ran away that it is impossible to stay online that long. Another person who was consulting me on a cucumber farm was surprised that I was answering all his questions almost immediately. And he had to pray for me that I made his week. Well, little did they know that I was using coffee. I don't do it but I had to meet deadline.

"He who is deligent with his work will stand before kings and not ordinary men.

Hopefully I can come online like 10 minutes daily for the next couple of days just to post these pictures only, and do nothing else. Not even to reply any post.

Ok. My rest has started. Expect the posts.
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 28, 2018
My First Cucumber Farm with Drip Irrigation

Farmer: Fluentinfor
Number of permanent workers: 2
Additional Helping Hands: 5 (not permanent, volunteers)
Casual Workers: (Weeding, Staking, and Harvesting)
Farm Location: Epe

Plant Population: 10,000
Year: 2014

Yield: 15.7 tons (450 yellow bags of around 45kg per bag)

My first experience with drip was funny. I set out in May. Moved to farm, and I set up without drip. Early June was with massive rain, but as soon as we entered July, rain stopped. Why?

1. Ijebu Epe is known for rituals and festivals. During this period, they prevented rain. Immediately, I rolled out my drip. Of course, the emmiters were not set to the base of the plants, but the whole system was very ok.

2. I fought gallantly jealoused, naive farmers. I was surprised one day. In the morning, I met these two farmers talking, and when i got nearer, their voices went down. I just smiled and I knew something was going to happen. This was prior to when I installed drip. They didn't realise I came with any irrigation kit. At 11am, the cloud was dark as if it will rain. And I was happy. Then, the cloud cleared. After 20 mins, I heard a strong thunder and I was like ....ok ok....it is raining else where. One of my workers called me....Oga, oga, see... behold, just 3 mins walk away from my farm, there was heavy rain. On my farm, none. My workers said, oga, "juju" is working oooooo. Inside me, I was not bothered. Technology will knock out useless juju. Hahahha. And Drip irrigation made a fool out of those farmers.

3. Rain break was suppose to be in August; that time, it came around in July. Temperature was around 37C from middle July to end of August. However, the kind of rain in September/October in the area was "luluraralomalhola" grin Fortunately, I have left the area when the gods of rain visited them.

I have improved my farming skills, and when I tell you I can get >1,000 bags on 1 acre, you better believe it. But I can assure you if I am on farm 24- 7. When I am not on farm, I record 250 - 400 depending on the manager on farm.

Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 6:11am On Jun 29, 2018
Farmer: Mr. Seun (Surname not given to prevent scams)

Farm: Tomato pilot project

Rainy Season Tomato

Our Target after this pilot: 30 - 40 tonnes per acre tomato farm

Below is the tomato farm

Why rainy season?
Peak period rainy season: 1 ton tomato = approx. N340,000
Dry season and you compete with my hausa friends from the north. N85,000

Now start thinking... if you can produce 10 tonnes on 1 acre during tge peak period, you should make N3,400,000 (> $9,000).

What if you get it done well and you hit 40 tons? Of course, you will harvest over a period of 4 to 6 months because it is semi- indeterminate we will use. 3 months will be close to peak, while you hit the peak month too. You should make sales close to N10,000,000 ($27,000)

You just have to try first. I am not promising you this, but I am confident it is going to be rewarding. You may argue with me that it is not possible. Well, you may be right. At least some people are already trying 1 plot at the moment preparing towards 1 acre to 4 acres. Lol. You should keep reading and do nothing. Ok? Or you are free to even criticize us. Even if they get 8 tons per acre, it is worth it.

You can imagine what we're doing. If we hit 40 tons and decide to retail it over the period of 4 months harvest at an average price of N650/kg...."Chisos!" We can make N26,000,000 ( $71,000). Of course, we are not saying we will definitely achieve this. But we have done our exploit, and we know it is possible. We are taking it gradually. The issue is we have diffferent styles of farming and we want to pull it together. He has got some "bad" variety that are great. I gat 2 that are "wicked" too.

Mr. Seun and I are going to make more exploits by the grace of God. I am so blessed to have this wonderful, extreme quiet person. You will not realise he is good until you make him talk.

Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 10:08pm On Jun 29, 2018
SPECIAL POSTS
Special posts are unrelated posts to this thread. These posts might be source for creating more threads on nairaland

SP1. How the "heck" did Nigeria lose the chocolate dynasty?

Cocao, Super Eagles, Maradona, and my vision
Hmmmm! Maybe we did not realise we are a contender of the chocolate billion dollars throne. Just unfortunate. Or perhaps, if we recognised we are a contender, we would be 2 times poorer than we are now. The "crude oil" throne we realised is a blow from the pit of hell which is still "Maradona-ising" us with even the "f" finger just like how Diego showed millions of people the fall of the super Eagles in St. Petersburg, Fifa World Cup 2018. We don suffer sha. Crude oil dey give us daily "f" finger, Diego Maradona sef added the "f" fingers nicely. But the God of Naija no dey "fvck" up. He benched Diego sharp sharp with a neck pain. Why the pain no even move down to his heart sef? Lol! A wicked? No naooo! Person wey don old and wey no wan respect himself suppose to dey take "koboko" (whip). A happy sey dem put injury for Diego neck, so tey dem bench am. Dem kon add injury on salt. No more $10,000 Fifa dey pay Maradona again. Bros Diego, when you hear naija, you go dey relax. That weed or "gbana" wey u no wan stop, hmmmm.... "Maradon-do", you better not use it before any Naija game again. Abi you don forget USA 1994 Fifa World Cup wey u dey ginger, dey swaga on field, dey run up and down, so tey you use all wayo win naija....the God of naija sent you home after that our game. Diego failed drug test. Respect your elders Diego. See, if you try mess up with us again, na your heart the God of naija go pause for just 500 seconds. grin

What pained me was that Messi and his boys prevented me from visiting the nation I so much love with passion. Lol...No be say I kuku like Russia like that....if you know, you sabi wetin a dey talk. Russian girls, dem get am for front and back. grin Chai! That course, I just want to do summer classes ni. I have planned watching quarter finals to the final/third place matches. Since that good for nothing pig just put my hope in calabash, hmmmm.. Where is the useless pig that said Argentina, Nigeria, Belgium and Uruguay are playing semi-final? I heard, it is already in the pot of the Naija Super Eagles supporters club. Lol.

My humble Cacao Journey
In 2010, I researched the chocolate opportunities in Russia and Belgium. I created a team to work with me, and we were flying Brussels and Moscow every other week. Then, the mistake I made was that I.was trying to export cocao from Nigeria. And in 2010, I cannot even calculate the number of times my team visited Naija too. If I had known, I would have gone to Cote D'Ivoire.

Also, I was terribly hurt in 2012 with that useless all over the nation strike that paralysed everything. A Canadian company was coming to Nigeria because of the work we did at the time. Unfortunately, they declined because their visation period clashed with the strike action. Tickets already bought, and hotels already booked too. It was painful.

I gave Micro Scale Veggie a shot. My Best Friend, Mama!
All through this period, I was into large scale farming. I was hurt and almost depressed. Do you understand how much I have spent? Then, my best friend (mom) phoned me. "Son, see me early tomorrow morning, i want to take you somewhere". I was there at 6am, and we journeyed to Osogbo. She took me to a small farmland and said, Son, make this place prosperous. I looked at her, and I was so disappointed. I was bittered inside that how could she tell me such. That was when she sat me down and shared a vision she had. Well, this created this thread about micro-scale farming.

And then, I dived into many areas too. I am ready to move back into trees and cash crops again. And it was cocao business trip I am suppose to go for, and I decided to use the opportunity to watch world cup matches. And of course, I would not have carried over "Natasha -Yulia -Anna-Daria, Masha course over. grin Well, plan has changed again.

Another opportunity popped up. Nice one! I am visiting Cote D'Ivoire instead of going to Russia. Let me go learn how cocoa business is done properly. God miraculously gave me a farmer who read about my research. I wrote that stuff in 2011. God! And after I have forgotten about it, someone took interest in it. I am excited about next week as I will be there. Perhaps, I might use the opportunity to visit a gold mining field in Ghana. Watch out for my gold mining thread soon.

Belgium is a wonderful place for cocoa business too. Everyone keeps talking about Switzerland, (the country without a single plot of cocoa farm)a big player in the chocolate business.

I said I was going to rest. But can I really rest? angry

Well, I must go watch Fifa 2018 final match. I must, so help me God.

Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 30, 2018
SP 2: Preview: Micro Scale Gold Mining in Nigeria

Most Nigerians do not know that there are micro scale mining businesses in Nigeria. The most common words you might have heard in Nigeria is "precious stones". Anyway, Nigeria has got some profitable deposits of various resources and metals.

Billionnaires Russian Steel Miners, and Ajaokuta, the dead multi billion dollars steel factory constructed by the Russians in Nigeria which has not been operated for one second since 1979
The owner of Chelsea football club might be the only Russian billionaires most Nigeria know. And most do not know that there are many billionares in.Moscow than in most cities. Sure, Roman Abramovich is popular in Nigeria, maybe because he owns Chelsea football club. Infact, one of the people I get inspiration from who is an American law professor actually taught Mr. Abramovich international/business law when he was considering buying chelsea. I met Abramovich some few years ago in his office, and I must, the guy is just down to earth. He does not discriminate. Well, most Nigerians do not know Alexei Mordashov, one of the richest men in Russia who made billions in steel. This brings me to Ajaokuta project. Naija is something else, honestly. I do not know the details of how the Ajaokuta steel industry was constructed, but it seems the perdon who initiated the project did the right thing. I do not even want to find out because I am not interested in.it. I have learned not to take what we are told in Nigeria. I have just concluded that the ex president or ex military general who started the project is not the one with the vision.

Anyway, back to gold mining. I looked at every solid minerals in Nigeria and I decided to go with the one that favors micro scale business. Gold is a good one.

You do not even need to be a miner or have a mining license before you can export or trade most mineral resources. The Nigerian government has different licences to get involved in mining business.

My approach is to pick out information from the guidelines of the mining business in Nigeria. How can you apply for claiming ownership of a land with mineral deposits? Which licenses options are out there? How can I get involved? I do not want to run into the hands of scams, how can I go about it? Oh! I do not want to run into many troubles with the law and government, I will show you how to do it. Investors corners also available.

The general rules section will be discussed well before I dive into gold mining. Of course I have a gold mining excellent washing machine which I imported. I hope to share with you the details of how the equipment work. You need it as a micro scale miner.

Dead Bone Nairaland Customer Care Unit
Nairaland and its never responding to inquiries mods and super mods is a real case Seun, the owner of nairaland must find solution to this problem. Honestly, his customer care department needs improvement. They do not respond to inquiries. I mean that department is a dead bone.

There is no solid mineral mining section and I am honestly lost where I can have my thread. The best option seems the business section. I wrote the business section mods via the right channel to contact them but no response. If they do not respond, why create a link to send them emails and inquiries? The last time Seun wrote me personally to use the button. I did not expect the big boss to even respond to my post, but he did that time, and sent me a mail.

Nairaland shares the same cancerous trait as Aso Rock - Extreme Poor Customer Care Unit
Bad customer care unit is a cancer to any business. My brother, I told you that time, competitors will come up very soon. And if you do not get your customer department right, you will be easily dethroned. There is no "long live the king" for the palace that does not listen well, and acts promptly. Mr. President (Mr. Buhari) is facing the same challenge. I think his handlers understand 2019 presidential election is around; hence, they are making him talk about places everyone has been telling him to visit, and listen to them. His presence is just necessary in some places. I gave over 95% score to Jonathan Goodluck that he valued life, and when he released power Mr. Buhari because he did not want bloodshed. When he knew someone like Elder Orubebe is almost going to scatter the election, he was the first to congratulate Mr. Buhari. Then, i scored him 100% on dot. Mr. Jonathan values human life. He did not even contest the result in the court of law like how Mr. Buhari did on three ocassions despite there are evidences that there was massive rigging in the north. Many under age kids voted for Mr. Buhari. Even they Goat, cows and dogs voted for him too. And the rumor that people were imported from Niger and Chad to vote for him too was so convincing that it may be true.

If there is a ranking medium for forums with terrible customer care, Nairaland will be at the top, I can assure anyone. And this is a terrible business sickness. I remember the only time one of its mods reached me was when Seun, the owner made comments on a thread that time that everyone was yelling at them. And just one comment from Seun, dead mods came to life. And one even reached out to me via email. I was shocked. Come on! It means, it was a deliberate action to ignore those messages. This is Ezekiel's vision coming to reality. However Dead Bone Nairaland customer care unit is dead and rotten again. Those mods in the business section are not funny. Most of them even have more posts than the regular users who spend 20 hours on nairaland daily. Just wondering how they get their primary assignments done. I decided to pay attention to those three mods, and I saw that they must make comment on every thread on the front page. This is what I called reversed efficiency. Lol.

When I know the right section to post this thread (not Agriculture), and no mod will move it to a section he/she wants, I will start this discussion.
Re: Using Micro - Scale Agricultural Systems to Build the Nigerian Economy by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 01, 2018
SP 3: More Business Opportunities, Austin wants Home Owners and Builders to start using Stone Coated Steel Roof Tiles made in South Korea
You will be amazed how beautiful your building is going to look like with these tiles.

Ibadan, a city with rusted roofing sheets
Jesus! I hate looking down when I am flying over Ibadan. It is an ugly site. The colors are always, brown, deep brown, red, clay, etc. The aluminum roofing sheets on most buildings in the city are rusted, and terribly ugly.

Excellent Nigerians in Diaspora
I have met too many promising Nigerians in diaspora, and I am always impressed. Read about one of my best friends, Prof. Austin, one of the youngest Nigerian engineering professors who lectures outside the country.

Professor Austin
I met him when he was doing his BSc under one of the several scholarship programs organised by the Federal Government of Nigeria. Nigerian Federal and some state governments have got bilateral relationships with many countries -with the US, the UK, Malaysia, Russia, etc. which involve training brilliant students in all educational levels from BSc to PhD in their universities in different disciplines.

He was also the international president of African Students when he started his masters program, and he did a wonderful job. Austin, could be reached anytime. Very meek with good listening ears. He finished his BSc and MSc programs in Europe, and proceeded to South Korea for his PhD (this time not under the Federal Government program, but he applied directly for another program which was an initiative by Samsung with one of the best electrical/electronics enigineering universities there). I think he was just under 23 at the time.

As of today, he has had experience working with Samsung as a researcher, and he is an Assistant professor in one of the best universities in the former USSR. He is always moving from North America to nations in the old USSR (this is where real elecrical and nuclear engineering is learned) to Korea.

He speaks fluent English and fluent Russian. I do not know about his Korean language proeficiency but I think it should be above Intermediate. We attended Spanish classes together with some friends one time, but not sure if he pursued it further because I had to stop when I started travelling more. He is still one of my most outstanding personal friends. Professor Austin is a born genius. Trust me, you will like this simple man. You will be shocked he is already a professor.

He hooked me up again with most of our friends who have finished PhD, and those that are inspired to follow the path after his success. Some in the Netherlands, so many of them in the US and Canada. Nigeria is really blessed with good brains.

Recently, he was in Nigeria briefly and we discussed at length. He wants Nigerians to start using stone coated steel roof tiles. He has got the sole distributor right to the whole of Africa. If you are a builder, an importer of roofing materials, housing/mall/estates developer who might be interested in buying this quality tiles in bulk, kindly contact me. I will link you with Austin.

Attached are pictures of his bronchures. If you're capable financially, I will give you his direct contact.

For more inquiry
1. Download and install Telegram chat app on your android or apple device.
2. Open your web browser and click on https:///fluentinfor
3. Someone will attend to you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help! My Broilers Keep Dying / Is Ugu Farming This Useless? / Nairaland's No.1 Rice Producer. 1,000 bags of rice. From now to March 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 241
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.