Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,252 members, 7,836,177 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:06 PM

Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship (27472 Views)

Pastor Sam Adeyemi’s Daystar Celebrates 25th Anniversary / COVID-19: Daystar Christian Centre Won’t Reopen – Sam Adeyemi / Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Ibime(m): 12:07pm On Mar 28, 2018
Bukayot:
lobatan ,just to satisfy their own interest. obey the Sabbath day. .

Sabbath day is Saturday so that's what he is doing.

2 Likes

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Nobody: 12:09pm On Mar 28, 2018
HigherEd:
Well there is no part of the Bible where it explicitly says Christians must worship on sundays. Just like white weddings, easter, christmas. Sunday worship was an invention of the Church which has now become acceptable christian tradition.

I'm of the opinion that the church is free to do as it likes as regards issues like celebrations(easter, christmas), day of worship without looking for biblical correlation since those activities were founded by the Church post bible era...
there is easter in the Bible Acts 12:4
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by ladycomfort(f): 12:10pm On Mar 28, 2018
delectablegyal:
i have been to hicc and that's like the headquarters of gorgeous ladies in lagos.

i have not been to daystar church. somebody will say "who asked me?" i asked myself.

What's hicc
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by NORSIYK(m): 12:10pm On Mar 28, 2018
All these scammers hiding under the name of men of GOD will not seize to amaze me.
Bible said dont add and neither will you subtract, but look at this one now have created his own law for his sheepish followers
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by PortableToDynam(m): 12:12pm On Mar 28, 2018
enemyofprogress:
Muslims no go like dis o

One mumu spotted

1 Like

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Nobody: 12:13pm On Mar 28, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

God actually asked us to keep the sabbath day ( the day he rested from work) Holy. It was the Catholic Church that moved it from Saturday to Sunday( the beginning of the week) and it became convenient for others
not really. Jesus resurrected on a Sunday, the early church also worshipped on Sundays (first day of the week)
Sunday is not sabbath day. The early Christians stopped observing sabbath as dey were no longer under the law

1 Like

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by NORSIYK(m): 12:13pm On Mar 28, 2018
Nodogragra4me:

God actually asked us to keep the sabbath day ( the day he rested from work) Holy. It was the Catholic Church that moved it from Saturday to Sunday( the beginning of the week) and it became convenient for others
You dont read your bible, if you did you would have known that Sunday is the first day of the week

1 Like

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by thunderbabs: 12:14pm On Mar 28, 2018
delectablegyal:
i have been to hicc and that's like the headquarters of gorgeous ladies in lagos.

i have not been to daystar church. somebody will say "who asked me?" i asked myself.

Gorgeous with mammy water, i hail. shocked
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Kotodoctor: 12:15pm On Mar 28, 2018
See how the church always adjust God to suit the people..instead of the other way round.

Just tell them the truth, sabath is a day of rest. Literally.

1 Like

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by aribisala0(m): 12:15pm On Mar 28, 2018
NORSIYK:

You dont read your bible, if you did you would have known that Sunday is the first day of the week
What did he say
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by NORSIYK(m): 12:16pm On Mar 28, 2018
Ibime:

Sabbath day is Saturday so that's what he is doing.
Sabbath was for Judaism and not Christianity
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by NORSIYK(m): 12:19pm On Mar 28, 2018
aribisala0:
What did he say
Read Acts 20:7
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Kotodoctor: 12:20pm On Mar 28, 2018
NORSIYK:

Keep spinng yourself round.

So is tithes. But you take those aspect that suit your cause.

2 Likes

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Patrotism: 12:21pm On Mar 28, 2018
Good one Pastor Sam Adeyemi. Saturday is the rightful day of worship: it is the sabbath day and ordained by God. Children of God aught to obey His commandment. God bless you real Good.

3 Likes

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 28, 2018
delectablegyal:

OK this really cracked me up...
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by NORSIYK(m): 12:25pm On Mar 28, 2018
Kotodoctor:

Keep spinng yourself round.

So is tithes. But you take those aspect that suit your cause.
I ain't spinning myself around
Meanwhile my church dont pay tithes so do I, we are under the new law not under the old law
Those who paid tithes in the bible were practicing Judaism
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Nobody: 12:27pm On Mar 28, 2018
God save him for this decision. Many people worshiping on Sunday can't defend their day of worship through the Bible yet they claim no dey is special for God. From history, Saturday is GOD's day of rest and he hallowed it. Wether we like it or not. GOD is not a man that can compromise his words. Kudos to daystar, it's better to obey it now than to ignore and say it doesn't matter! It really matters! And for those of you that would quote me, check your self if you aren't making this mistake because that's how your family have ever done it! Stand to your feet and make your life decision. Heavenly race it's OYO! Remember the spider was widely believed to have only 6 legs until someone took it upon himself to research on it and correct the error and it became clear to the world that it has 8 legs. Don't do it because others are doing it. Trace back and worship GOD in his holy day and tap into the blessings of the sabbath!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Kobicove(m): 12:30pm On Mar 28, 2018
Market development grin
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by nomenclature(m): 12:31pm On Mar 28, 2018
Kenny Folarin, chief operating officer at Daystar Christian Centre.
THIS POSITION SOUNDS MORE LIKE A BUSINESS VENTURE THAN AN NGO
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by matrixme(m): 12:34pm On Mar 28, 2018
a yoruba proverb says " to tie wrapper around the waist, or to tie the waist around wrapper, what matters is for one not be naked." I really don't know why we have to worship traditionally on a Sunday though.
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by preciousosas1(m): 12:34pm On Mar 28, 2018
Bamirex:
This is confusion... Saturday service day..? Christianity can't be modernized now. Things are changing o endtimes.bible only said a day never ask to pick two days and pick the one the suite your ineptitude.. Either Sunday or Saturday pick one and make it generally..
ehen? I didn't know o. where did the bible say we should choose between Sunday and Saturday?
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Ibime(m): 12:36pm On Mar 28, 2018
NORSIYK:

Your brain needs reset.

Your God wrote in the ten commandments with his own hand that "Thou shalt observe the sabbath day and keep it holy" and you are busy telling me dem say dem say.

2 Likes

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by bs81(m): 12:37pm On Mar 28, 2018
it is a welcome development
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by NORSIYK(m): 12:39pm On Mar 28, 2018
pboy247:
God save him for this decision. Many people worshiping on Sunday can't defend their day of worship through the Bible yet they claim no dey is special for God. From history, Saturday is GOD's day of rest and he hallowed it. Wether we like it or not. GOD is not a man that can compromise his words. Kudos to daystar, it's better to obey it now than to ignore and say it doesn't matter! It really matters! And for those of you that would quote me, check your self if you aren't making this mistake because that's how your family have ever done it! Stand to your feet and make your life decision. Heavenly race it's OYO! Remember the spider was widely believed to have only 6 legs until someone took it upon himself to research on it and correct the error and it became clear to the world that it has 8 legs. Don't do it because others are doing it. Trace back and worship GOD in his holy day and tap into the blessings of the sabbath!
You must a Sabbath church member
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by aribisala0(m): 12:39pm On Mar 28, 2018
NORSIYK:

Read Acts 20:7
No the person you quoted. What did he say? Did you read it? Did you comprehend it?
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by NORSIYK(m): 12:45pm On Mar 28, 2018
Ibime:

Your brain needs reset.

Your God wrote in the ten commandments with his own hand that "Thou shalt observe the sabbath day and keep it holy" and you are busy telling me dem say dem say.
Lol you have exposed your shallowness about the bible.
All the whole commandments that were mentioned in the old testament 9 of them were mentioned in the new testament the one that was not reaffirmed was the one about the Sabbath
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Kotodoctor: 12:46pm On Mar 28, 2018
NORSIYK:

I ain't spinning myself around
Meanwhile my church dont pay tithes so do I, we are under the new law not under the old law
Those who paid tithes in the bible were practicing Judaism

That means you will invite me to that church o.

Cus am trying to cut cost.
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by miqos02(m): 12:49pm On Mar 28, 2018
ladycomfort:

What's hicc
harvesters international Christian center
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Ibime(m): 12:51pm On Mar 28, 2018
NORSIYK:

Lol you have exposed your shallowness about the bible.
All the whole commandments that were mentioned in the old testament 9 of them were mentioned in the new testament the one that was not reaffirmed was the one about the Sabbath

Did God change his mind? I thought your God is immutable?
Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Patrotism: 12:51pm On Mar 28, 2018
My Brother, the early christian church observed the sabbath day(Saturday) You are free to consult Acts 13; Please pay attention to Vs14 - 16.Paul worshiped God on the sabbath day(Saturday) All the apostles kept the sabbath day holy.
salvation101:
not really. Jesus resurrected on a Sunday, the early church also worshipped on Sundays (first day of the week)
Sunday is not sabbath day. The early Christians stopped observing sabbath as dey were no longer under the law

1 Like

Re: Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Church Begins Saturday Worship by Nobody: 12:52pm On Mar 28, 2018
NORSIYK:

You must a Sabbath church member
very clear and I will never hide my identity. The truth must be said wether accepted or not. If anyone wishes to know more. I will oblige to help. Read: Exd.20:8-15, palms. 89:34, Rev. 1:10, Dan. 7:25, Matt. 15:3/9. Acts. 5:39-41 and acts. 5:29.

Then from history. Read: Christian sabbath, page 16. It's written by a catholic. Read, catholic convert catechism page 50.
Finally research on what happened on 7 march 321(AD) this talks about the first ever Sunday law. If you are not convinced. You can put a question to your pastor or Bishop. GOD's truth must prevail. Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Christian Association Protests Against Killings Of Christians By Fulani Herdsmen / Churches Should Obey The Government's Social Distancing And Lockdown Order / Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.