Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights (32429 Views)

Man Burns Church Over Failed Prophecies In Lagos / Mbaka Apologises To Catholic Church Over His Mistakes / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by goldcoinhub: 9:02am On Oct 11, 2018
A Nigerian man identified as Chris Nwogu who is a member of the Daystar Christian Center in Lagos, has threatened to leave the church following a church leader, Chude Jideonwo's support for gay rights.

Recently, Chude had an interview with LITV, where he stated that he is in support of gay rights and would repeal the anti-gay law if he is elected president.

Chude is a respected member of the Daystar Christian Center, Lagos whose senior pastor is Sam Adeyemi.

''I am very disappointed in the fact that Donald Duke went on the couch with Falz and spoke courageously about gay rights and then went on to change his mouth after. I am fully in support of gayrights. If I am president, I would overrule the antigay law'' he said

Reacting to Chude's comment, Chris said Chude who is supposed to be a Christian should not be supporting gays.

He said any day Chude is allowed to come on the pulpit in the church again to teach, he would leave with his family.

''And @chudeity you supposed to be a Christian and comes to @daystarng and you are gay or supporting gay right, any other day @daystarng allows you come up to the pulpit to teach on anything that day I and family are done with daystar church, chude I'm highly dissapointed, I hope @thesamadeyemi hears and take note. #Nigeria #nigerians #nigerianchurch#daystarng'' he wrote

https://lailasnews.com/man-threatens-to-quit-church-over-top-members-support-for-gay-rights/

5 Likes

Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 11, 2018
okay
Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by SadMemories(m): 9:25am On Oct 11, 2018
the confused and inactive CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (CAN) should look seriously into this satanic gay development asap.

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by temitopepeter: 10:59am On Oct 11, 2018
imagine that
Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by 9jvirgin(m): 11:00am On Oct 11, 2018
Judge no one, just improve yourself.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by Ibrahim9090: 11:00am On Oct 11, 2018
Noted...
Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 11, 2018
angry

21 Likes

Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 11, 2018
You will stop going to church because of someone else opinions, why not simply form your own opinion on the matter and stick to it? Or are others not entitled to their own opinion

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by kiddoiLL(m): 11:01am On Oct 11, 2018
Lol... Sometimes If you ain't strong willed, you'll see Nigerian churches as a joke...but Oloriburuku ni gbogbo yin Wahlai

8 Likes

Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by EpicMaurice(m): 11:01am On Oct 11, 2018
I still don't understand how whoever or whatever somebody chooses to Bleep will be giving you headache.
As if thats the biggest problem in the country rn.

We should learn to not judge and to respect peoples sexual orientation

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by AnneMomoh: 11:01am On Oct 11, 2018
HMMMM, Interesting Times
Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by spartoo: 11:02am On Oct 11, 2018
undecided

I don't understand how a man would love to poke his preek into another man. God didn't make a mistake when he created females. Their honeypot is as sweet as they come, although they misbehave most of the time.

Only gays support gays.

42 Likes

Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by JayMarx: 11:02am On Oct 11, 2018
Homosexual is a boiling topic.
I should just observe.
Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by BigSarah(f): 11:02am On Oct 11, 2018
Gay's are people too,
Don't preach hatred towards gay's, I love them maybe it's because I've been exposed to the western world.
Nigeria legalizing homosexuality won't kill the country, I mean you can't kill what's dead already right!?
What's dead may never die

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by ZACHIE: 11:02am On Oct 11, 2018
When the church struggles to be CORRECT, this is what you get. Another word for CORRECT is CONFORM.
And clearly the Bible warns us not to conform to the world.
Daystar will lose my respect if it does not speak up on this matter and openly denounce Gayism. It must aslo dissociate itself from the opinion of this frontline member.
All these minnow Presidential Aspirants who just want bragging titles will put many people in trouble.
Nonsense aspirant

18 Likes

Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by patogist: 11:03am On Oct 11, 2018
Check that pastor well.. He has been gay since child birth. Only God knows how many guys he has laid with. At no to gay..

8 Likes

Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by MorataFC: 11:03am On Oct 11, 2018
Lies
Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by JayMarx: 11:03am On Oct 11, 2018
Spygadgets19:
Brand New ZTE for Sale at 30k Location: Lagos. Interested Persons should quote me and I will get back to them asap
What're the specs?
Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by jumpandpas(m): 11:03am On Oct 11, 2018
oluwaseyi000:
You will stop going to church because of someone else opinions, why not simply form your own opinion on the matter and stick to it? Or are others not entitled to their own opinion

Leaving the church is his own opinion, if the church cannot change him, he should change change his church.

kiddoiLL:
Lol... Sometimes If you ain't strong willed, you'll see Nigerian churches as a joke..

Egbon abeg pack ur family members comot fr church, nobody send u message, Nigerians eyes don dey tear for churches now sha...
Freeze, Dr Freeze naim start all dis tackling of church matter publicly oo...Oloriburuku ni gbogbo yin Wahlai

Your Daddy freeze is not better afterall.

Benekruku:

Whats satanic about being gay

Are animals who practice it also Satanic

Hello, Its as Godly as otherwise

Be constructive with your points and dont just say its demonic

How many times have you gone to the dust bins to pick food like pigs since you want to live like animals?.

dohyn:
You leave or stay,that's your business.

I still don't see how what 2 consenting adults decide to do with their bodies in the privacy of their room is any business of mine.

As long as you don't come near me with your antics and you are not doing it with an underage person,I say live and let live.

The ability to speak does not make you intelligent. ...THINK ABOUT THIS.

11 Likes

Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by Macmoni(m): 11:04am On Oct 11, 2018
Mr. Chris nwogu am with u sir
I will advicevu report dat chude to ur pastor
Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by mynaijadj(m): 11:04am On Oct 11, 2018
You are not the president and you will not become the president with this kind of intention you have brought to our knowledge. We are also in a democracy and no president can just overule a law. Laodicean church lukewarmness all over the place.

2 Likes

Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by Benekruku(m): 11:04am On Oct 11, 2018
SadMemories:
the confused and inactive CHRISTIAN ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (CAN) should look seriously into this satanic gay development asap.

13 Likes

Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by annnikky(f): 11:04am On Oct 11, 2018
Maybe the man is a gay buh he doesn't know how to come out to tell people that he's gay so he used this means and i hope the snr. Pastor will see the post and caution the chude undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by femi4: 11:04am On Oct 11, 2018
That's not biblical, Church should be against it.

Its Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve

9 Likes

Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by dustydee: 11:04am On Oct 11, 2018
Supporting gay rights is different from supporting gay lifestyle. I do not believe they should be killed, maimed or imprisoned. They should have a right to live even though I do not agree with their lifestyle.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by dohyn(m): 11:05am On Oct 11, 2018
You leave or stay,that's your business.

I still don't see how what 2 consenting adults decide to do with their bodies in the privacy of their room is any business of mine.

As long as you don't come near me with your antics and you are not doing it with an underage person,I say live and let live.

Update.

I see some people masturbating on my post. It's a free world. It's also funny how people say "You have a right to your opinion " but when that your opinion is contrary to theirs, they resort to insults.

Anyways, the problem with gay issue in Nigeria is that most people's opinions are based on their religious beliefs and so when someone who is not religious comes with a contrary opinion.... Wahala

14 Likes

Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by DWJOBScom(m): 11:05am On Oct 11, 2018
lol - i have nothing to say before Smart Adeyemi's fans will come after me as they are vicious as APC , Redeemed , LFC as well as etc adherents.

Am glad someone is screaming right now

1 Like

Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by annnikky(f): 11:05am On Oct 11, 2018
Benekruku:

Then why r u not one of them undecided

2 Likes

Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by Firefire(m): 11:06am On Oct 11, 2018
Quit and let us hear word jarey.
Re: Man Threatens To Quit Daystar Church Over Top Member's Support For Gay Rights by adioolayi(m): 11:06am On Oct 11, 2018
Na today The world done enter, wine, dine with the church...Na God go help us

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Alert: Satan Has Poured Out Spirit Of Witchcraft, Heavily. Step Up Your Prayer / Is It Ok To Pay My Tithes To Different Churches? / Mbaka Blasts Ekweremadu: Says He's Suffering Political 'Quary Gada Quary Gada'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.