Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,817 members, 7,810,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom (136532 Views)

Meet Alimi Ibrahim Adedeji, UNILAG Overall Best Graduating Student For 2018/2019 / Apply For 2018 AGIP Postgraduate Local And Overseas Scholarship / Apply for 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship in Germany/France/China (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Iliyasdass(m): 11:22pm On Apr 09, 2018
Octaves:
pls what pin is it and how do I get it. I'm a bit confused.
The pin are the numbers u wul use to log in. The pin wul be sent into your email account after u fill this section which is located at the bottom of the ptdf website..

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by BrightFuture48: 4:15am On Apr 10, 2018
Octaves:
pls what pin is it and how do I get it. I'm a bit confused.
If you're registering for the first time, you will need to register using your name, email and other info for sign up.

A pin will be sent to your email address which you be using to log in together with your password created during registration.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Octaves(m): 6:59am On Apr 10, 2018
BrightFuture48:

If you're registering for the first time, you will need to register using your name, email and other info for sign up.

A pin will be sent to your email address which you be using to log in together with your password created during registration.
Iliyasdass:

The pin are the numbers u wul use to log in. The pin wul be sent into your email account after u fill this section which is located at the bottom of the ptdf website..
BrightFuture48:

Thanks a lot for the clarification but I have not gotten any e-mail since two days ago
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Octaves(m): 7:14am On Apr 10, 2018
Iliyasdass:

BrightFuture48:

Iliyasdass:

oh! just found the mail hidden somewhere in my email account. thanks
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Delmariach: 9:52am On Apr 10, 2018
House, Please has anyone who applied for the MSC in UK gotten any Invitation mail,

Iliyasdass:

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by seunlegend: 4:49pm On Apr 10, 2018
Delmariach:
House, Please has anyone who applied for the MSC in UK gotten any Invitation mail,

Application is still ongoing bro... Shortlisting of applicants will commence immediately after application closes
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by kennynelcon(m): 5:24pm On Apr 10, 2018
Why do you think PTDF did not invite some applicants for Germany/France/china
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Regenerated: 4:37am On Apr 11, 2018
Pls Can anyone help with a sample of SOP - STATEMENT OF PURPOSE? sad
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by giztzone(m): 7:32am On Apr 11, 2018
PTDF scholarship Application ends 25th April.
Click here to see how you'll go about it http://www.jobnoticer.com/2018/03/20182019-petroleum-technology.html?m=1

Please rebroadcast this... You might be helping someone.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by kingofthemall: 7:48am On Apr 11, 2018
giztzone:
PTDF scholarship Application ends 25th April.
Click here to see how you'll go about it http://www.jobnoticer.com/2018/03/20182019-petroleum-technology.html?m=1

Please rebroadcast this... You might be helping someone.
It's actually 28 bro

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by kingofthemall: 7:49am On Apr 11, 2018
seunlegend:

Application is still ongoing bro... Shortlisting of applicants will commence immediately after application closes
How are you so sure about this?

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Saysay95: 10:02pm On Apr 11, 2018
This may seem like a silly question but I will ask anyway; can One upload HSE certificates as a professional body certificate?
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by enambobo(m): 7:36am On Apr 12, 2018
Saysay95:
This may seem like a silly question but I will ask anyway; can One upload HSE certificates as a professional body certificate?
This question is not silly. I think HSE is a professional certificate. I see no reason why it shouldn't be uploaded. Pls let's hear from the experts.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by sagaciousmind: 3:47pm On Apr 12, 2018
A heads-up to the UK scholarship applicants:

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/ptdf-changes-selection-process-for-overseas-scholarship-scheme/

To summarise this article, PTDF is saying that this year they are giving both MSc and PhD candidates the chance to undergo the interview process, unlike in previous years where MSc applicants were required to take aptitude tests. Specifically the Manager of Education and Training Department said: “For the M.Sc candidates we have asked to write a statement of purpose as to why they wish to study the subject area that they have chosen, in addition, of course, to their credentials.,”

A lot of people have been asking about the change in the selection process, wondering if it a good or bad development. I don't know if it's a plus or not, but for me I would make the most of the opportunity by making my application stand out.

That is to say, since the interviews will be common to both, and previous PhD recipients attest to the research proposal being an important criteria for assessment, then it looks like the SOP would be a big deal for MSc applicants.

Don't take this opportunity lightly. Boost your chances of success by seeking help from [url]expressrefiners.com[/url] or drop a quick request at ask@expressrefiners.com.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by kennynelcon(m): 10:35am On Apr 13, 2018
sagaciousmind:
A heads-up to the UK scholarship applicants:

http://www.tribuneonlineng.com/ptdf-changes-selection-process-for-overseas-scholarship-scheme/

To summarise this article, PTDF is saying that this year they are giving both MSc and PhD candidates the chance to undergo the interview process, unlike in previous years where MSc applicants were required to take aptitude tests. Specifically the Manager of Education and Training Department said: “For the M.Sc candidates we have asked to write a statement of purpose as to why they wish to study the subject area that they have chosen, in addition, of course, to their credentials.,”

A lot of people have been asking about the change in the selection process, wondering if it a good or bad development. I don't know if it's a plus or not, but for me I would make the most of the opportunity by making my application stand out.

That is to say, since the interviews will be common to both, and previous PhD recipients attest to the research proposal being an important criteria for assessment, then it looks like the SOP would be a big deal for MSc applicants.

Don't take this opportunity lightly. Boost your chances of success by seeking help from [url]expressrefiners.com[/url] or drop a quick request at ask@expressrefiners.com.

Any idea if they will conduct interview for UK applicants ??
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by CSmooth: 11:02am On Apr 13, 2018
The thing is most of us have already submitted our applications so there's nothing we can do about editing our SOP.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by BrightFuture48: 11:29am On Apr 13, 2018
CSmooth:
The thing is most of us have already submitted our applications so there's nothing we can do about editing our SOP.
You can if you really want to. Just login and navigate to your SOP page, as if you're just starting the application all over. After editing, then go to last page and click the submit button at the end.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Octaves(m): 12:39pm On Apr 13, 2018
CSmooth:
.pls. how did you get past this page. my documents are refusing to upload.

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by seunlegend: 12:51pm On Apr 13, 2018
BrightFuture48:

You can if you really want to. Just login and navigate to your SOP page, as if you're just starting the application all over. After editing, then go to last page and click the submit button at the end.

Good luck.

You can edit your application, but it is not advisable to do so.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by BrightFuture48: 2:14pm On Apr 13, 2018
seunlegend:

You can edit your application, but it is not advisable to do so.
Why? If I may ask. Let know the reason(s) pls.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by stanisbaratheon: 10:06pm On Apr 13, 2018
enambobo:

This question is not silly. I think HSE is a professional certificate. I see no reason why it shouldn't be uploaded. Pls let's hear from the experts.

Well, by professional certification I think what it means for instance, COREN/NSE for engineers, ICAN for accountants and so on. I may be wrong though.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by DMainMan: 10:41pm On Apr 13, 2018
stanisbaratheon:

Well, by professional certification I think what it means for instance, COREN/NSE for engineers, ICAN for accountants and so on. I may be wrong though.
Put HSE too

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by stanisbaratheon: 11:21pm On Apr 13, 2018
DMainMan:

Put HSE too
okay cool
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by DMainMan: 12:31am On Apr 14, 2018
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by DMainMan: 10:56am On Apr 14, 2018
ON PTDF UK SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY

There is a general misconception that PTDF is only for Geoscience and Engineering. This is absolutely false.

Those in medical and biological sciences background can apply for MSc and PhD in Biotechnology, general health and safety, Occupational health and safety, pollution and environmental control e.t.c Those in Social Science/Art background can apply for Supply chain management, project management, oil and gas law, oil and gas finance, oil and gas economics e.t.c Physical sciences, such as Chemistry, Physics Computer sciences are very much eligible. In short, everyone is eligible.

Just check the course and entry first degree requirements. In your statement of purpose, state y u choose d first choice course and the university, link how those course you do will help d oil and gas industry and state what you plan to do immediately when you come back

Good luck guys.

From DMainMan PTDF Scholar
CEO DMainMan and Zeltney Enterprises/Consult,
https://facebook.com/dmainmanfoundation/
https://dmainmanconsult.com/

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by Mlayidi: 11:17am On Apr 14, 2018
My sister, she's above 30years. Can she apply for this scholarship
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by motivationspika(m): 11:19am On Apr 14, 2018
Mlayidi:
My sister, she's above 30years. Can she apply for this scholarship
yes
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by stanisbaratheon: 1:11pm On Apr 14, 2018
DMainMan:
ON PTDF UK SCHOLARSHIP ELIGIBILITY

There is a general misconception that PTDF is only for Geoscience and Engineering. This is absolutely false.

Those in medical and biological sciences background can apply for MSc and PhD in Biotechnology, general health and safety, Occupational health and safety, pollution and environmental control e.t.c Those in Social Science/Art background can apply for Supply chain management, project management, oil and gas law, oil and gas finance, oil and gas economics e.t.c Physical sciences, such as Chemistry, Physics Computer sciences are very much eligible. In short, everyone is eligible.

Just check the course and entry first degree requirements. In your statement of purpose, state y u choose d first choice course and the university, link how those course you do will help d oil and gas industry and state what you plan to do immediately when you come back

Good luck guys.

From DMainMan PTDF Scholar
hello boss, can I edit my application after submitting? I mean like change the course I chose.
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by kennynelcon(m): 2:02pm On Apr 14, 2018
DMainMan:
IMPORTANT NOTE ON PTDF UNITED KINGDOM SCHOLARSHIP

1. Deadline of application is April 28th, 2018. Apply through the following link: http://ptdf.flexisaf.com/. There is no more use of scratch card

2. Candidates with minimum of 2.2 in a related discipline can apply for MSc

Candidates with minimum of 2.2 in their BSc and Merit i.e PhD grade in their MSc can apply for PhD.

You are restricted to choose 15 UK universities and some selected courses. Check the universities and courses here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wSwGyzSe5u62rkVnlxl6NxINC9ZjxMp0/view

Applicants that applied for Germany, China, and France can also apply for the current scholarship. Applicants are to apply only for the PTDF scholarship, PTDF is responsible for seeking admission into the selected universities for the applicants.

6. Candidates who successfully scale through the first round of screening will be requested to submit their transcripts; all applicants are therefore advised to prepare their transcripts for submission in anticipation of such a request.

7. For MSC, there will be no aptitude test. Hence, the combination of excellent personal statement, quality of degrees, Professional qualifications, Membership of Professional bodies, Awards, Publications e.t.c is essential. In short, anything that will stand you out is neccessary.

8. For PHD, interviews will take place. In addition to the above MSc criteria, a solid research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry and relevant publications will surely boost your chances.

9. Check the previous thread to help you out

https://www.nairaland.com/3444534/2017-2018-ptdf-scholarship-scheme

https://www.nairaland.com/3712836/2017-2018-ptdf-scholarship-check

For further information on scholarships and empowerment programs come to http://facebook.com/dmainmanfoundation and like the page to get updates.

From DMainMan
PTDF Scholar

Please are you sure there won't be an interview for UK applicants ??
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by CSmooth: 2:13pm On Apr 14, 2018
Please did you start a thread for this scholarship?

DMainMan:
APPLY TO 2018 NLNG POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP

https://www.facebook.com/dmainmanfoundation/posts/2045039249088210
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by DMainMan: 2:14pm On Apr 14, 2018
stanisbaratheon:
hello boss, can I edit my application after submitting? I mean like change the course I chose.
u can edit
Re: Apply For 2018/2019 PTDF PHD And Msc Overseas Scholarsip At The United Kingdom by DMainMan: 2:14pm On Apr 14, 2018
CSmooth:
Please did you start a thread for this scholarship?

no

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (33) (Reply)

Nigeria's 5 Best Universities For Postgraduate Studies; Their Costs & Duration / Download Complete Time Table For 2012/2013 Waec / University Of Ibadan Post Graduate 2013/2014 Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.