Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer (45625 Views)

Do This And Make Your Freezer Last Longer / 10 Hausa Foods You Need To Taste Before You Die. / Delicious Foods You Didn't Know You Could Grill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by Opinionated: 1:34pm On Mar 28, 2018
Your freezer is a great tool for preserving and ensuring that foods do not get spoilt. With this in the mind of many, they keep every food in the freezer. This is actually wrong. There are certain foods that shouldn’t be kept in the freezer as this can lead to the growth of bacteria or even health risks. Jumia Food, Nigeria’s no 1 food ordering platform, highlights some of the foods you should not keep in your freezer.

Potatoes

Potatoes have a high water content, so after being stored in the freezer, you could be left with a mushy, soft potato. Potatoes are best kept in a cool, dry place. If you really want to freeze them, you should try cooking them first.

Fried foods

Foods that were fried will lose their crunchy taste if you put the leftovers in the freezer. The best advice is to eat all of your fried food in one go or fry the ones you can eat.

Eggs in their shell

You should never keep eggs that are still in their eggs in the freezer. The water content inside the egg expands when frozen, which can cause the outer shell to crack and be vulnerable to bacteria. If you want to freeze your eggs, always take them out of the shell, mix until well blended and put in the freezer.

Cooked rice and pasta

Freezing cooked rice and pasta is never a good idea. It becomes mushy flavourless. In the end, you will have no choice than to throw it away!

Raw fruits and veggies

Any vegetable or fruit that has a high water concentration, like cucumber, tomatoes, salad greens, and watermelon will not survive the freezer because the water inside quickly allows them to become mushy.

Dairy products

Dairy products should never be kept in the freezer because it forces the enzymes in dairy to separate. If you do not want your milk, yoghurt and cheese to become watery, do not put it in the freezer.

source: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer

9 Likes

Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by Dee60: 3:47pm On Mar 28, 2018
In a world where every one is an expert - One fellow says you should eat 2 boiled eggs every day for good health and the other says you should not touch egg at all!

How nice will it be if they can cite scientific sources to boost their claims!

There is confusion in the planet! It seems the more we invent the more confused people become.

God save us. Amen

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by ganiyu26(m): 3:47pm On Mar 28, 2018
Wr moi moi

1 Like

Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by amiibaby(f): 3:47pm On Mar 28, 2018
Cool
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by bouncing99: 3:47pm On Mar 28, 2018
its ook... but ko le werk

1 Like

Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by RichFoundation(m): 3:48pm On Mar 28, 2018
Ok
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by ganiyu26(m): 3:48pm On Mar 28, 2018
Dee60:
g
U shaaa one make fp
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by alphaconde(m): 3:48pm On Mar 28, 2018
this is late for me already.

several years ago i bought fine apples to surprise my dad and i kept them in the freezer, i wasnt able to give them to him until the next day behold when i saw the apples the next day i was surprised apple turn to ogbono fruit

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by primeache: 3:48pm On Mar 28, 2018
Ok
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by zeko172(m): 3:48pm On Mar 28, 2018
Ok
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by donmhedi: 3:49pm On Mar 28, 2018
Nice thread
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by IamAirforce1: 3:49pm On Mar 28, 2018
Na una sabi
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by Teeabod(m): 3:49pm On Mar 28, 2018
Is alright!!!
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by slimpoppa(m): 3:49pm On Mar 28, 2018
what should we now keep?

2 Likes

Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by crownedprinz(m): 3:49pm On Mar 28, 2018
that rice own sha...had to throw mine last night...but for the frozen egg without the shell, when you want to use it would it still be nice?
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 28, 2018
Yet the yoghurt ppu be telling us to kip it refrigerated..
Who do we believe?

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by Nobody: 3:51pm On Mar 28, 2018
grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by SAMBARRY: 3:52pm On Mar 28, 2018
So WHAT should we now keep in the freezer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by Nobody: 3:52pm On Mar 28, 2018
Op the fried food and rice is a great lie, put your fried kulikuli inside an airtight container and keep it inside the freezer bring it out anytime you want it, also you can freeze your cooked rice if you can finish it in a day. It can be there for days nothing will happen to it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 3:52pm On Mar 28, 2018
Sniper VS hypo which is faster
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by coalcoal1(m): 3:52pm On Mar 28, 2018
ok
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 3:52pm On Mar 28, 2018
shocked shocked
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by newoffer: 3:53pm On Mar 28, 2018
Are u talking about modern fridge or those coffin our parents our parent are used to. Pls , u have never seen a high tech fridge

2 Likes

Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by ReneeNuttall(f): 3:54pm On Mar 28, 2018
I preserve my cheese and yoghurt in my deep freezer and it comes out well after defrosting it. undecided
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by Buhari4Hunger: 3:54pm On Mar 28, 2018
Maybe

2 Shares

Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by bettercreature(m): 3:55pm On Mar 28, 2018
donmhedi:
Nice thread
How is it nice! Its pure nonsense
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by drinkgarri: 3:55pm On Mar 28, 2018
Very soon,they will include water.and they will be advicing us to drink boiled water...
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by kokoye(m): 3:56pm On Mar 28, 2018
For those seeking clarification, refridgerating (fridge) and freezing (freezer) are 2 different things.

The OP is talking about freezing.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by thunderbabs: 3:57pm On Mar 28, 2018
If Haiaer Thermocool or LG, Ignis, and Co. wants to do advert of their freezer nw, na all these listed items dey go arrange put for freezer.

Buh wait, i hope op no confuse freezer with fridge sha.

1 Like

Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by ReneeNuttall(f): 3:57pm On Mar 28, 2018
JustCalMeDBoss:
Sniper VS hypo which is faster

DD FORCE is faster, meanwhile give ME ur account details before crossing to the world beyond. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning / Would You Eat These Nigerian Independence Day Meals? (Photos) / Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.