Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,785 members, 7,810,047 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer (45623 Views)

Do This And Make Your Freezer Last Longer / 10 Hausa Foods You Need To Taste Before You Die. / Delicious Foods You Didn't Know You Could Grill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by uvalued(m): 5:39pm On Mar 28, 2018
Dee60:

In a world where every one is an expert - One fellow says you should eat 2 boiled eggs every day for good health and the other says you should not touch egg at all!

How nice will it be if they can cite scientific sources to boost their claims!

There is confusion in the planet! It seems the more we invent the more confused people become.

God save us. Amen

Truly they confused
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by ikorodureporta: 6:23pm On Mar 28, 2018
Who epp jumia write this list....that person need some good flogging! Things wey i dey keep for freezer naiem u dey condemn, except cooked rice. Whats wrong if persin keep tomatoes & fruits for freezer, even used milk? What will happen to my fried fish & meat in d freezer? Who dey keep raw potato for freezer before??

Person jst stay dey find wetin to write cheesy u get house sef, u mst be a squater grin
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:41pm On Mar 28, 2018
sherifato:
Op the fried food and rice is a great lie, put your fried kulikuli inside an airtight container and keep it inside the freezer bring it out anytime you want it, also you can freeze your cooked rice if you can finish it in a day. It can be there for days nothing will happen to it.

White rice or jollof?
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by redsun(m): 6:47pm On Mar 28, 2018
Cooked rice should not be outside the fridge as soon as it cooled.If not,you will be eating bacteria that multiplies every twenty minutes.Rice and chicken are dangerous foods when they are not properly handled or preserved,especially in the scorching heat of tropical world like nigeria.
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by FrankFrenzy(m): 7:46pm On Mar 28, 2018
sherifato:
Op the fried food and rice is a great lie, put your fried kulikuli inside an airtight container and keep it inside the freezer bring it out anytime you want it, also you can freeze your cooked rice if you can finish it in a day. It can be there four days nothing will happen to it.

Its a No No for cooked rice sis, the rice gets mushy and watery else you tell me the freezer is not super chilling. Have experienced that severally.
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by Gemc3(f): 7:54pm On Mar 28, 2018
cutefergiee:
Yet the yoghurt ppu be telling us to kip it refrigerated..
Who do we believe?

Refrigerated. . . Yes. Not frozen
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:11pm On Mar 28, 2018
AryaSand:
Fruits and vegetables, milk, yoghurt should never be kept in the freezer, but cooked rice, fried fish, meat, shiken, turkey? Why? I keep cooked rice in the freezer and it comes out well when I defrost in the microwave. Same as left over proteins too including fried akara. I just wrap in a foil and put it in the microwave. We sabi cook pass ourselves please. As we speak now I still have Banga rice in my freezer sef.

Jollof or white rice?
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 28, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Jollof or white rice?
Any kind of rice. Jill of is usually perfect sef after being defrosted. It tastes better.
Re: Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer by loswhite(m): 10:31am On Aug 28, 2022
Rice and pastas have always been preserved in the freezer. They don't loose taste. Defrost and drain the water. Viola.
Microwave and the taste still come out good.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Found This Giant Rat Drowned Inside The Drum This Morning / Would You Eat These Nigerian Independence Day Meals? (Photos) / Checkout The Rice I Bought In A Local Kaduna Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.