Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,725 members, 7,955,741 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:09 PM

Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture (14408 Views)

Why Can't Nigerian Farmers Have Organized Farms Like These? / Nigerian Kidnap Gangs Drive Big-time Nigerian Farmers Away / Bank Of Industry Loan 2019 – How To Apply Online! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by Nukilia: 5:23pm On Mar 28, 2018
ultron12345:
dont mind him. When he see opportunity, we go know say diezani na learner

If you're corrupt, good for you!
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by Emeskhalifa(m): 5:24pm On Mar 28, 2018
Nukilia:

I disagree with you bro! The comments you post on Naira land is being read all over the world and these comments make life terrible for our citizens outside the shores of this country...

All I did was call a spade a spade bro.

Except if ur not in Nigeria and have never been to Nigeria else u know what am saying is nothing but the truth.
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by ultron12345: 5:26pm On Mar 28, 2018
Yankee101:
Everybody knows Agric loans are used for second wives. And you give northerners the most loans. Wetin you dey expect. Shift to the new generation and start giving corpses 5million in batches for mechanized Agric. Make some of the payments in form of goods and services (seeds, tractor time, weed killers, safe insecticides, harvesting, labour etc) then a small % as cash, like 30% at the most.
this is what BOI is doing, they don't give money directly, they give money to suppliers of your equipment, but guess what, sometime ago a thread was open here by someone who while applying for the loan, was told about this condition. He began ranting on how the bank want to fraud him because they want to pay his equipment suppliers direcy and NLers supported him in insulting buhari and BOI

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by martineverest(m): 5:28pm On Mar 28, 2018
Emeskhalifa:

God bless u.

I was discussing it today with someone.
Over 90% of Nigerians are dubious amd won't hesitate embezzle government fund if given the opportunity to rule.
That's why u see our leaders are jus like us
exactly what I keep saying
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by NairaMaster1(m): 5:28pm On Mar 28, 2018
That's because Nigeria farmers didn't actually get the loan but politicians, their wives and children did unbehalf of the poor farmers.
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by NairaMaster1(m): 5:29pm On Mar 28, 2018
That's because Nigeria farmers didn't actually get the loan but politicians, their wives and children did on behalf of the poor farmers.
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by NairaMaster1(m): 5:34pm On Mar 28, 2018
FarahAideed:
The truth remains as a people are in character so are the type of leaders they shall get ...the character of 90 percent of Nigerians is nothing to write home about

You are wrong. The real farmers didn't get the loan. Few of them were also deceived by politicians for political interest that it's non refundable.

I have a friend that collected 2M on political slot. He never knew the roads to farm. They should go and look for the looted money and stop accusing innocent poor framers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by InvertedHammer: 5:54pm On Mar 28, 2018
Blue3k:

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/263324-nigerian-farmers-refuse-to-repay-n60-billion-loan-bank-of-agriculture.html
/
You give them loan. They cultivate. Buhari then sends his footsoldiers and their cows to destroy the farms. Yep! They burned Olu Falae's farm down to ashes. Na who go pay? Bank of Agriculture should hold Buhari responsible for the non-serviceable loans.

/
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by Buffalowings3(m): 5:55pm On Mar 28, 2018
san316:
Thank God this is coming out. 90% of Nigerians are not credible. And they go upandan shouting we need credible leaders. Just imagine taking a loan of jus 50k and u cannot pay back. And they keep crying that commercial banks do not give loans.

Somebody will brrow 5k from his brother and will not pay back. Is it a gvernment (public) bank that it will repay? That is the stuupeed mentality of most of us. Rubbish!!!

God help us.
Are you sure that these guys before disbursements did due diligence cool
Or were the loans even disbursed in the first place
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by Yankee101: 5:59pm On Mar 28, 2018
ultron12345:
this is what BOI is doing, they don't give money directly, they give money to suppliers of your equipment, but guess what, sometime ago a thread was open here by someone who while applying for the loan, was told about this condition. He began ranting on how the bank want to fraud him because they want to pay his equipment suppliers direcy and NLers supported him in insulting buhari and BOI

Didn't see the thread. But Agric loans are best utilized if geared towards 'affordable' inputs. Naijas will burn through the cash and do nothing. But let's do it for corpers too.
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by superior1: 6:02pm On Mar 28, 2018
Amirullaha:

Your hatred for other ethnics is one of the major problems we are currently facing in the country right now...
Instead of you to reason the solution(s) or ideas (that's if you have any) on how to curb such corrupt practices; you are busy enjoying blame game just like APC...
Anyways it Northern...
Learn to use your dictionary next time...

Mr Northern and not Nothern, it so happened I once handled quite a huge agric portfolio including development funds like ACGSF, CACS, NIRSAL among others for the FG. I stand by earlier post.
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by Theolenah(m): 6:38pm On Mar 28, 2018
Blackfire:
Go and collect your money from the cow...

As it is now oga banker,COW HAVE SWALLOWED YOUR MONEY.

I said those words under the influence of hunger.
God will bless you abundantly.Farmer borrows 2M,plants with 1.8M.COW eats 1.7M of what is planted...The cow is the DEBTOR o jare OGA
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by Amirullaha(m): 6:40pm On Mar 28, 2018
superior1:

Mr Northern and not Nothern, it so happened I once handled quite a huge agric portfolio including development funds like ACGSF, CACS, NIRSAL among others for the FG. I stand by earlier post.
Are you now telling me that it was ONLY the northerners that were always defaulting throughout your stay in those portfolios
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by maasoap(m): 6:44pm On Mar 28, 2018
ultron12345:
You see why banks stay away from so called small businesses. Even when microfinance banks give them loans, they have to use iron hand on them. The truth is that 95% of nigerians are fraudulent or have fraudulent tendencies.

The only reason why many Nigerians haven't stolen billions of government money is simply Lack of Opportunity.

Even those below saying the money wasn't given to farmers but politicians and friends, ask them, if they were top officials of the bank, won't they do same, won't they rather give them money to their friends and relatives than the farmers. Nigerians sef
In one sentence, you condenmed Nigerians and small businesses owners for not paying back their loans. In another sentence, you justified the bank officials' action if the accusation against them is real. Na wa o.
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 6:47pm On Mar 28, 2018
martineverest:
I still wonder why most Nigerians don't like paying debt
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by maasoap(m): 6:50pm On Mar 28, 2018
ultron12345:
You are a liar! Chai! Why are you people like this? Do you pray to pass through what that guy claimed he was passing through? He completed the process, paid money just to see the loan agreement forms, did all what he was required to do, yet nothing was forthcoming several months after doing all these.
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by Duru009(m): 6:53pm On Mar 28, 2018
What do you expect when you have a dullard as a president !
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by san316(m): 7:39pm On Mar 28, 2018
Buffalowings3:

Are you sure that these guys before disbursements did due diligence cool
Or were the loans even disbursed in the first place

Is it not the due diligence that banks would always do and people will start complaining that the process is too long?

BOA usually disburse loans through cooperatives. And the way the BOA loan is sold, it comes across as if the government is sharing free money to people. Even non farmers take these loans too.
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by Litmus: 8:04pm On Mar 28, 2018
Individuals not paying back loans did not start with overoptimistic small Nigerian business people and farmers or Nigerians generally so why the special slur on the supposed Nigerian character? The world financial crises was not caused by Nigerians refusing to pay back loans they couldn't afford in the first place. Why does that not mean the average American and European is corrupt from birth? Sub-prime loans abroad or loans issued by Bank Of Agriculture to the Nigerian people that faulted were probably all informed by the same Banking greed that substituted due diligence for speculative gambling.
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by Bundaweber: 8:17pm On Mar 28, 2018
NSK4U:
let them give people money and stop politicking everything, who and who collected 60billion in this same country??
APC's perfected lies about governance won't take Nigerians anywhere positive

bros is not a lie, anchor borrower's for instance gave between 2bn- 3bn per state, u also have programs for fisheries, livestock and so on. I remember during 2013/2014 when they were giving out loan to farmers . up till date no farmer has paid back most went and bought new cars, married new wife and so on rather than using it for what it was meant for.
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by pedrilo: 8:45pm On Mar 28, 2018
This govt is very unserious, lacking foresight and ideas.
They are suppose to play the role of supervision in lending because they run the risk of accumulating large loan losses if they become lenders.
Shud hav given national microfinance banks like LAPO MfB the 60b to disburse to farmers then sit back and collect tax from LAPO while meeting the objectives of the initiative.
Common sense is not common. We youths must take over from our brainless n visionless leaders NOW!
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by Memories12411: 9:30pm On Mar 28, 2018
How would the farmers pay when Fulani herdsmen have destroyed their farms?
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by Dohak(m): 10:24pm On Mar 28, 2018
Good for them. They give loans to their friends and cronies rather than giving to genuine farmers. I have a large plantain farm and another farm for rearing goats and rams. Not a bit of help has come from the government. Just because I don't know them,
That 60 billion has gone down the drain good for them.
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by JusticeSeeker: 10:31pm On Mar 28, 2018
They didn't give the money to the real farmers. For instance in Benue state where I hail, we pursued this money to a point it vanished in the air and here they are saying farmers have refused to pay.
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by mikolo80: 10:43pm On Mar 28, 2018
cos there are no consequences
martineverest:
I still wonder why most Nigerians don't like paying debt
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by mikolo80: 10:44pm On Mar 28, 2018
yet gsm changed overnight
Geonigga:
This country will never change.
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by mikolo80: 10:46pm On Mar 28, 2018
infogenius:
I am not surprised.
People feel loans are grants that can be used or spent anyhow.
I am sure some of those that collected loans are not farmers and must have married a third wife from the loans they collected.

A reflection of the dumb Nigerian.
they got away with it
doesn't sound dumb to me
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by mikolo80: 10:47pm On Mar 28, 2018
guarantor nko
ultron12345:
those farmers that leased land nko
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by mikolo80: 10:50pm On Mar 28, 2018
Yankee101:
Everybody knows Agric loans are used for second wives. And you give northerners the most loans. Wetin you dey expect. Shift to the new generation and start giving corpses 5million in batches for mechanized Agric. Make some of the payments in form of goods and services (seeds, tractor time, weed killers, safe insecticides, harvesting, labour etc) then a small % as cash, like 30% at the most.
they will sell the inputs and pocket the 30%
our ppl are lazy
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by mikolo80: 10:51pm On Mar 28, 2018
its govt money
e no concine them
salaries will be paid every month loan or no loan
Emmymarvel:

so u too believe this story..............how can u give out loans worth 60 billion with no means or strategy of collecting it back, no guarantor, no collateral. how do we even know in d first place if d money was given out. scam
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by greatcrown: 11:11pm On Mar 28, 2018
Another square peg on round hole!

Sir, are you sure you are competent to be in that post or you are just another confused politician just doing the bidding of your godfather?
Re: Nigerian Farmers Refuse To Repay N60 Billion Loan – Bank Of Agriculture by Rockyrascal(m): 11:51pm On Mar 28, 2018
60billion!!!...I laugh;

So people here actually believe B.O.A gave out such outrageous amount to farmers as loans.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have You Heard About New Hope Feeds? / BA To Fly Nigerian Yams To UK / Can Alfalfa Be Grown In Nigeria? And Where Can One Get It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.