Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,812,000 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? (7186 Views)

My Former Company Refuse To Acknowledge My Pension / How Do I Retrieve My Pension From My Previous Employer / Payporte Staff Not Paid Salary In Months – Pension And Tax Not Remitted In Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by henryhee: 8:23pm On Mar 28, 2018
I worked for a company for 4 years, ever since have been working, my pension was only remitted once. Now have resigned, have written to the company several times concerning my pension deduction, but they won't reply my message, house please what can I do to make sure I get my money from them.
Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by Patented: 8:54pm On Mar 28, 2018
write a petition to the pension commission of nigeria and copy efcc and d company grin

12 Likes

Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 29, 2018
OK, this one strong o, may God help you out

5 Likes

Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by Sterope(f): 7:29am On Mar 29, 2018
Lol

@OP, do as he mentioned and watch how them remit it
asap.

Patented:
write a petition to the pension commission of nigeria and copy efcc and d company grin

1 Like

Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by Oyinlade07(m): 7:30am On Mar 29, 2018
Sue dem
Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by KingsleyCEO: 7:30am On Mar 29, 2018
Few human rights lawyers are always available.

First write a petition to the owner or top managers of the company and copy every single person that matter in the company. Make sure the person receiving the petition signs to acknowledge received.

Wait a while like a week, if they don't respond write a reminder referring to the petition and wait for like two weeks. Afterwards slam them with a mega court case and request for damages that when they are done paying they will have no money left to keep the business running.

I almost forgot, also make sure to write your pension managers to be sure they are not the one at fault because Nigeria is a very funny country... Thieves everywhere.

7 Likes

Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by ZarahBuhari: 7:31am On Mar 29, 2018
Patented:
OP, go with this advise. You can as well write to herdsmen if the above mention don't yield positive results cool

3 Likes

Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by dasparrow: 7:32am On Mar 29, 2018
henryhee:
I worked for a company for 4 years, ever since have been working, my pension was only remitted once. Now have resigned, have written to the company several times concerning my pension deduction, but they won't reply my message, house please what can I do to make sure I get my money from them.

I have no idea. Where I live, we don't have this kind of issues because the system works. Maybe, others can advise you on what to do.
Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by Pavore9: 7:32am On Mar 29, 2018
Patented:

That would jiggle them! cheesy
Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by funkyjms: 7:33am On Mar 29, 2018
Oyinlade07:
Sue dem

What are the steps to ”sue them?"
Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by IMASTEX: 7:33am On Mar 29, 2018
Get a lawyer to write them

1 Like

Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by UDUJ(m): 7:34am On Mar 29, 2018
Patented:

Yes very true. Write to PENCOM and also EFCC. Also send a copy of the letter you sent to PENCOM to the company HR/Personnel department so they know it has gone to the higher authorities.

If you have an employment letter its even better as you can get a lawyer to write the company too. Don't take it easy with the company. Sue them if possible.

2 Likes

Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by bigerboy200: 7:35am On Mar 29, 2018
dasparrow:

I have no idea. Where I live, we don't have this kind of issues because the system works. Maybe, others can advise you on what to do.
What is this one feeling like now?? angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by sujexy(m): 7:38am On Mar 29, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by TheUpsetGirl(m): 7:39am On Mar 29, 2018
petition efcc
Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by henryhemon(m): 7:52am On Mar 29, 2018
henryhee:

You didn't ask questions when you were an employee and you 're asking questions when you had resigned?? People will act as cowards when you re in an establishment and suddenly become kings when they re out.
Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by biolite(m): 7:54am On Mar 29, 2018
Write the company executive and copy,your PFA and PENCOM.

1 Like

Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by Queenext: 7:57am On Mar 29, 2018
Barristerken:
UPGRADE YOUR JAMB CBT SCORE TO 200 AND ABOVE,
CONTACT JAMB HEAD OFFICER ON
CONTACT NUMBER:
AND FOR ANY PROBLEM WITH CHECKING OF YOUR RESULT AND SECURING
OF ADMISSION THOUGH JAMB INTO ANY UNIVERSITY INTERESTED CANDIDATE
SHOULD KINDLY CONTACT OUR JAMB HEAD OFFICIALS BARRISTER STEPHEN BY
NAME FOR ASSISTANCE ON
CONTACT NUMBER:
+2349065314788
NOTE: ONLY FOR INTERESTED CANDIDATE NOT FRAUDSTERS
JAMB.
it will never be well with you in life....

Scammer.....

3 Likes

Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by brainhgeek(m): 8:05am On Mar 29, 2018
henryhee:
my fiancee works with a PFA. She might be able to advice you or help you. She knows her onions. Email me, mycartel.ng@gmail . You will get pensions sorted asap

3 Likes

Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by martinsfm(m): 8:06am On Mar 29, 2018
henryhee:
which pfa do u use

and does ur company remit on ur behalf? is ur name on the monthly schedule dy submit??
Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by Nobody: 8:09am On Mar 29, 2018
Nigerias prob is not its leaders but its people. Those one man businesses are very wicked abeg. They deduct paye and pensions and never remit. Smh
Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by gugus1(m): 8:21am On Mar 29, 2018
Nigerians are worse than its government, your right is to make subtle and respectful observation through email to your employers before your resignation.
Thereafter copy the appropriate regulatory bodies.
I was sacked in my last place of work for complaining about non tax remittance and not having a TIN.
Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by thedondada(m): 8:23am On Mar 29, 2018
Lol. Fraud.

That upgrade your jamb score guy n.a. wa for you.

Mugus will still fall for it. Howndomyou upgrade a score you have already.

Why should it be upgraded.

Mugu
Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by gugus1(m): 8:24am On Mar 29, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4332603/please-need-honest-advice-here

Check the above thread made by me.
Good thing I made them pay and will still continue. I don't work for people for free. They should learn to respect the laws of operations
Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by abimic(m): 8:25am On Mar 29, 2018
This is pathetic, when I get my pension alert monthly, sue them brother, copy EFCC, Pension commission, and the company, take them to court, NICN, national industrial court of Nigeria if possible. That four years pension Na big money o, fight for it logically.

2 Likes

Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by koolbe(m): 8:36am On Mar 29, 2018
I work for a Federal Government Parastatal and my pension money has been deducted for d past 6 yrs without any remittance to my account.

This country is terrible
Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by Brigance(m): 8:41am On Mar 29, 2018
Get a young lawyer with a big stature and menacing look, have him wear a silk striped suit with well polished shoes and let him accompany you to the HR of the company.

Let him blow hot air.

I tried this last week for an old man with very similar circumstances. Man was a motorman for a Big maritime company in Maryland. Worked like charm. Nothing gave away i was only an interning law student.

The catch is, you won't have to pay him as much as you'd pay a real time lawyer. And you could save yourself protracted time back and forth the industrial court.
Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by paymentvoucher: 8:46am On Mar 29, 2018
I have the same Pension remittance issue. I contacted my young loyal friend and he advised me to send the executive director an email and copy him.

Immediately the executive director saw the anonymous email I copied, the ED responded immediately and my money has been paid in FULL

2 Likes

Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by lagosrd: 8:54am On Mar 29, 2018
First establish that you pension administrator received the contribution from your company by writing your pension administrators officially stating your number and email address.
Try as much as possible to get in touch with the person in charge of pension in your company. Establish that the company has made the payments . whatever your result will determine if you're reporting this case to efcc, industrial court, Icpc and the almighty social media. Those companies don't like the ripples and bad name the last option (social media) will give them. Good luck. If you don't try you loose, if you go e it a trial you may win. So bros try your best

1 Like

Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by Crownofwealth(m): 9:06am On Mar 29, 2018
Do not write to your PFA and company personally rather engage the services of a lawyer. mainwhile what was the kind of employment u had with ur previous employers. contract? statutory or otherwise. These will determine the appropriate steps to be taken.
Re: My Pension Has Not Been Remitted For 4 Years, Any Legal Step I Could Take? by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:45am On Mar 29, 2018
yeyerolling:
Nigerias prob is not its leaders but its people. Those one man businesses are very wicked abeg. They deduct paye and pensions and never remit. Smh
thats a big wahala but our govt ought to create that gud system...in dis country pple feel de do u a favor by giving u a job..m. it's a pity our regulatory agencies who shd work are not living up then yyy ll guys not leave this country by hook or crook or resort to self help survival

(1) (2) (Reply)

Crossover For Work / Police To Promote Junior Officers With Higher Qualifications – IG / Managing Job Stress: Strategies For Coping And Thriving At Work

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.