Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,076 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? (15272 Views)

Should Abortion Be Legalised?? / I Took Abortion Drug, But Didn't Bleed, Am I Still Pregnant? / Doctor Sleeps With Married Lady During Abortion While Husband Waits Outside (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by fabienjoe: 11:56pm On Mar 29, 2018
Doctormarrvin:
No. Can't believe I made FTC grin grin
I don't think any child should be "murdered" because the parents were too ignorant or too engrossed in their hanky panky to take precautions. Whether the child is a fetus or not,life has been taken,no one has the right to kill. This is my opinion though. Like it or not,some ladies are the murderers of many of the great minds that would have graced earth with their presence. It's actually very disturbing that you'll see some feminists supporting abortion,like why do you want to kill tiny humans who didn't fertilize themselves.

Abortion does not murder great minds any more than it murders armed robbers and dregs of the earth. In fact, a child brought up by a couple unprepared for his or her arrival is not likely to turn out a great mind so there you go..

Having said this, abortion is reprehensible. I would never advise anyone to go through with it. In fact I've advised quite a few against it but I realise that when women are set on having an abortion, common sense flies out of the window. They usually get it. To me, it should be a moral, rather than legal issue. People should decide it is morally wrong and avoid it. But if they decide to go through with it, I honestly do not think the law should stand in their way. Even though it is illegal now, I've never come across anyone that failed to procure it because it is illegal or jailed for aborting a pregnancy. So what's the point of a law that is invariably observed in the breach?

4 Likes

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by omocalabar(m): 11:56pm On Mar 29, 2018
Octaves:
no offense but would you kill yourself to help reduce the population.
An unborn baby has no soul..they are referred to as "it"...not he or she...so it is not yet human till it's out of the womb

1 Like

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Cmanforall: 11:59pm On Mar 29, 2018
kimbraa:
Nigerians are such hypocrites. The ones that'll be screaming 'No' would've aided and abetted abortion in one way or the other in secrecy but act all sanctimonious in public. grin

Personally, I think the Nigerian government is deceiving herself 'cause what is termed illegal is highly on the increase so why not just legalise it? Though, I think there are conditions on the code of conduct that supports abortion.
There's a provision in the rule of law which allows abortion, but in certain circumstances.

That being said, I will first go with a wide public health awareness on the use of contraceptives. This is not limited to 'condom-use'(for those that would say' raw', even without fear of sexually transmitted infections, including HIV) , but people should be aware of the emergency pills, injectable, or even IUCD(yes, if firing is the person's hobby) . In as much that religion have tried to preach against premarital sex, it still happens, and I wouldn't want them to stop either. But the issue of contraceptives can be handled by schools, hospitals, and social groups.

If this is acceptable by all, I don't think there will be need to talk about legalizing free abortions.
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by chukzyfcbb: 12:01am On Mar 30, 2018
You motherfuc.kers are nothing, you cannot harm me

I'll resurrect every ABORTED BABY and start an army

Storm the planet, hunting you down, 'cause I'm on a mission

To split your body into a billion one-celled organisms

Immortal Technique will destroy your religion, you stupid bit.ch

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Hexilon: 12:02am On Mar 30, 2018
Legalize..
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by 1760: 12:03am On Mar 30, 2018
Personally I think safe abortion should be legalized, we can call it murder or any thing you like, I feel many people copulate everyday so I think it's not wise to be against it.

Before anyone says no

Can they answer this question?

What plans or what should the government do for people who gives birth without proper planning?

Have you seen kids begging for food and causing nuisance on the street, they later become miscreant, tout, junkies etc.

How would you feel if robbed or killed because some people who have skewed upbringing? aborton should have saved us the stress

Many people make bad decisions everyday and there should be ways to control the errors made, if everyone has paid for the errors we have made in life I guess all of us will be in prison now, there should be ways we can rectify our errors. Even if someone gets pregnant before planned time.

Also for religious peeps, you're quick to shout murder, do you know how many times you've been aborted before you come through your parents ?

So why the emotional argument ?

Do you know how the world would have been if there is safe abortion, people that have cause untold hardship on the world would not have have those chances

Summery: I support save abortion,enough of these emotional talks

Ask people saying no, if they are born will you accommodate or feed the child/children ?

I am sure no one will help
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Octaves(m): 12:09am On Mar 30, 2018
omocalabar:
An unborn baby has no soul..they are referred to as "it"...not he or she...so it is not yet human till it's out of the womb
how can you prove it does not have a soul. have you witnessed the infusion of soul in new born babies. so how do you know unborn babies don't have soul. even newborn babies are called 'it'. should mothers have the right to kill them too
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by naijjaman(m): 12:10am On Mar 30, 2018
shocked
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by fancy4eve(f): 12:14am On Mar 30, 2018
1Sharon:
Bunch of hypocrites in Nigeria.

They are OK to have pre-marital sex but when an unwanted pregnancy results, they are quick to say abortion is bad and against their religion. But does ur religion allow sex before marriage?

Acting so prudish but do the worst.
nd wen d child is born, dey quickly turn dere back on responsibilities. No wonder economics said human wants re unlimited, one cn Neva please a man, just do ur best nd leave d rest 2 God.

1 Like

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by CSTR1002: 12:15am On Mar 30, 2018
I was of the school of thought that it should abortion should remained banned, but after losing a dear female friend of mine to unsafe abortion, I have reconsidered.

She would still be alive if abortion in regular hospitals was legalised.

And to make it worse, up till now I still don't even know the useless guy that made her pregnant and led her to abort ,because she kept the whole relationship secret.

My plan was to get him arrested for man -slaughter.
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Dearlord(m): 12:17am On Mar 30, 2018
We all know what is good & bad, count me out in any of this evil plan
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:28am On Mar 30, 2018
Dheartless:
grin
Although I think it's currently a crime to do abortion in Nigeria but...
NO need to debate on this whether it is allowed or not allowed there's is a simple option for abortion so...
just get cytotech,cypotech cyprotech ...infact any drugs starting with cy and ending with tech...contact me and I will give you proscription..
up to 6 months pregnancy abortion possible at 98% safety...

these slay mamas need it ...otherwise they'll produce more slay mamas.

wink
Hmm. Bad guy. How you take know 'em name?
You don help your babe conduct am before, ba?

Don't support the motion o!
It's a very bad thing to do.
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Dheartless: 12:35am On Mar 30, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

wink
Hmm. Bad guy. How you take know 'em name?
You don help your babe conduct am before, ba?

Don't support the motion o!
It's a very bad thing to do.
I don't flirt but I will break this rule tomorning/tonight.

you look good ....if it(the pregnancy) is in you I will never think of abortion..

please help to me repent forever.

thanks in advance
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Oselu28(f): 12:47am On Mar 30, 2018
I do not support abortion but today I saw a young boy not more than 12 hanging on d conductor's corner,guess what his d bus conductor, and plenty things starting running thru my mind. what if his irresponsible parent had aborted him to save him dz stress his going thru,what if they had used condom of N50{ the guy and girl will both say e no go sweet} what if d woman had used monthly oral contraceptive....I really felt for d young man already huslting at d age his still suppose to be under his parents roof but still we are made to understand that morally and religious wise abortion is a sin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:49am On Mar 30, 2018
Dheartless:

I don't flirt but I will break this rule tomorning/tonight.

you look good ....if it(the pregnancy) is in you I will never think of abortion..

please help to me repent forever.

thanks in advance

Whatcha tryna say?
Well, to replying you, I'm not pregnant! I'm just familiar with 'em names. And what rule are you breaking?
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Dheartless: 12:51am On Mar 30, 2018
UyaiIncomparabl:

Whatcha tryna say?
Well, to replying you, I'm not pregnant! I'm just familiar with 'em names. And what rule are you breaking?
now I have a second thought ...you really didn't get an idea what I am driving at?

sorry
good morning
bye

1 Like

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:56am On Mar 30, 2018
Dheartless:

now I have a second thought ...you really didn't get an idea what I am driving at?

sorry
good morning
bye

Alright my dear. Sleep soft!
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by UncleSnr(m): 1:01am On Mar 30, 2018
All of you screaming No, how many children have you adopted from the motherless babies home?

Why bring children into this world to suffer, when you know you can't take care of them? - I am talking to the Married and Unmarried people.

2 Likes

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by dangwarmai(m): 1:01am On Mar 30, 2018
NO SEX BEFORE MARRIAGE. When there's no sex before marriage what will bring about abortion? never you start what you can't finish.
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Zodiac61(m): 1:03am On Mar 30, 2018
Yes
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by elderhimself(m): 1:43am On Mar 30, 2018
yesssssssssssssss
there are many scenarios that will have to require abortion..
1. should a deformed baby be allowed to come suffer in this world?... or are u hoping that that baby can become the "president, governor, senator.... of Nigeria someday
2. a lady gets raped by her father or brother and gets pregnant, when she looks at that baby , what will she see?...... love and joy
3. a poor jobless secondary school girls gets pregnant for her irresponsible and also jobless boyfriend,.... he should be forced to marry her right ??... and then the baby gets fed with "manna" from above, sure.... also a future presidential candidate too
4. i dont want a baby, i dont want a baby,..... i see no reason why i should be forced to have a baby

.......thesee are just few of my flimsy excuses.

I support abbortion 101% .....
what if i was aborted right ?........ would i be even wasting my time on issues like these?...... health?... salvation?.... boko haram?..... jobs?...
FFuucckk iittttt !!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by thedragon: 2:03am On Mar 30, 2018
I don't support regulating black babies in Africa. China succeeds with billions of people. Nigeria can too.
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by zudozz: 2:03am On Mar 30, 2018
I wonder why anyone would ask this question? If you were aborted would you be here asking such a nasty question? Abortion is murder an abormination. My advise is that Nigerian youth should be thaught how to take responsibility. If you impregnate a woman.. You should be there for her so that THE BOTH OF YOU would come together and take care for the child. Go to South Africa..You would see beautiful young 35 years old grand mothers and they are very proud of it. they even tell you without you asking.
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by giftedben: 2:05am On Mar 30, 2018
People don't do abortion for fun, they do it because of unwanted pregnancy. I support abortion.
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by dasparrow: 2:39am On Mar 30, 2018
I am not really a supporter of abortion. However, women or girls that were raped should not have to be forced to carry their rapist's baby to term. Especially, when they never planned to deal with an unexpected pregnancy.

Women whose pregnancy could cost them their lives should also be allowed to abort to save the life of the mother if need be.
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by obailala(m): 3:00am On Mar 30, 2018
Abortion being illegal has not stopped a single willing person in Nigeria from going ahead with it. Rather, it has damaged the bodies and ended the lives of so many people who ended up with quacks.
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by linearity: 3:22am On Mar 30, 2018
Abortion is a medical issue and it should be a decision left to the lady, her Doctor and her God.

The Government’s concern should be strictly to ensure that, the Doctor is qualified and has been trained. These Doctors should be trained to counsel these ladies on their reasons and to see if alternatives can be provided. There should only be laws against illegal abortions i.e. ones performed by quacks.

Statistics have shown that, rather than reduce abortion, anti-abortion laws drive abortion rates higher, because people result to self-help, half measures and quacks because the trained Doctors wouldn’t do it, because it is illegal.

The reason behind this is....I have never met anyone who gets pregnant and say....Gee! The reason am keeping this baby is because abortion is illegal in Nigeria....likewise, I have never met anyone who said...OMG! I am pregnant and I can’t get anyone to abort this pregnancy because abortion is illegal. It means that, the law only purpose is to drive traffic to quacks resulting in more harms, deaths and pains.

The Government should also provide ‘safe houses’ where day old babies can be dropped off....no questions asked.
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by superior1: 3:51am On Mar 30, 2018
Let corruption be criminalized in Nigeria and we can then talk about legalizing abortion
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Yankee101: 4:41am On Mar 30, 2018
Shut your mouth!
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Cutehector(m): 4:46am On Mar 30, 2018
Abortion and homosexualism should be legalized in Nigeria

Let us know who is who...
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Dammylois(f): 4:50am On Mar 30, 2018
I can't seem to have any justification for unsafe sex biko....The only reason some people still control their sexual craze s fear. F abortion nd if it's now legal then I'm afraid this country go turn upside down. We can't adopt everytn from the whites at least not with this current mentality of Ours...Imagine People dying f liver disease nd all sort bcs they just can't control their drinking habits,our over do just too much fr this Country. Abortion shouldn't be legalised rather laws be more strict for. Offenders
Re: Should Abortion Be Legalized In Nigeria? by Seahawk: 5:04am On Mar 30, 2018
Yes. Up until fetal age of viability

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

WHO Renames Monkeypox Disease As "Mpox" Because Of Racism / Do You Still Wear Face Masks? / Bayelsa Diagnostic Center At Imgbi, Yenogoa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.