Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,034 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Good Friday: It Is Finished - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Good Friday: It Is Finished (8212 Views)

Timothy Ofoegbu: Why Catholics Don't Eat Meat On Good Friday (Video) / Sex On Good Friday / Good Friday: 7 Catholic Devotees Nailed To Cross In Philippines (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Friday: It Is Finished by Toks2008(m): 8:22am On Mar 30, 2018
Today is the day of remembrance for the suffering, the unimaginable agonizing and excruciating pains Jesus went through to save the world from the pangs of devil. His last words on the cross was 'IT IS FINISHED' ’the finished work on the cross was the beginning of new life for all who were once “dead in trespasses and sins” but who are now made “alive with Christ” (Ephesians 2:1, 5).

He was dragged with chains around his neck and legs like a beat,spat on,violently slapped and marched with iron boots, brutally flogged with leather cords laced with pieces of broken glasses, leads,bones and these alone would have drained much of Jesus’ blood. His flesh torn into pieces as he was beaten with reckless abandon. A crown of thorns was forcefully pressed into His scalp, His head was beaten with sticks and vivid accounts has it on record that he was blinded in one eye by the shattered glass on the leather whip.

We cannot even fathom the pain of crucifixion. Metal spikes were driven into Jesus’ hands and feet, and He had to slide His mangled body up against the wood of the cross in order to catch His breath. And because it was the habit of Romans to crucify criminals naked, Jesus endured the ultimate shame. What's more, He hung on that crude cross next to two men who had been convicted of crimes while He was completely innocent.

Even after Jesus took His last breath, a soldier jabbed a spear up through the chest cavity most likely to make sure Jesus was dead. John tells us that blood and water spilled out (John 19:34), evidence that the spear pierced the pericardium, the sac around the heart. Jesus’ heart was literally broken for us.

With the finished work on the cross of Calvary, there is now no condemnation for those who believe in Jesus and everyone who believes in this finished work on the cross of Calvary now have the opportunity to live forever in great grandeur, like kings and royalties with Christ Jesus in a new world created by GOD only for those who believe.

Happy good Friday.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by CuteMadridista: 8:43am On Mar 30, 2018
Let's see

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by Toks2008(m): 8:51am On Mar 30, 2018
Lalasticlala happy good Friday.
Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by Omuneizzy6(m): 9:12am On Mar 30, 2018
Meaning my stupidity,poverty,foolishness,spiritual and physical weakness,sorrow,premature death,Sickness,shame,fornication,masturbation,wickedness,gossiping,jealousy

HAS FINISHED!

So join me as we celebrate my new life in this easter.... Tap the anointing by Like and share.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:21am On Mar 30, 2018
Omuneizzy6:
Meaning my stupidity,poverty,foolishness,spiritual and physical weakness,sorrow,premature death,Sickness,shame,fornication,masturbation,wickedness,gossiping,jealousy

HAS FINISHED!

So join me as we celebrate my new life in this easter.... Tap the anointing by Like and share.

I celebrate with you as you believe with your whole heart in His atonement for us.

6 Likes

Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by Toks2008(m): 9:24am On Mar 30, 2018
Omuneizzy6:

HAS FINISHED!

A good thing it is to believe in the sacrifice of Christ Jesus made for everyone who can only believe.

6 Likes

Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by Kylekent59: 10:49am On Mar 30, 2018
Catholic, a true religion

They practice the teachings of christ.

Today some unbelievers will see the passion of christ being acted on the streets and they will surely find insulting words.

My God my God,why have you forsaken me!

For the love he died
For the love he rose
For the love we are saved.

Show that love my people

I said it in the beginning, the guy below didn't disappoint. (it is even written' they lack wisdom')

9 Likes

Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:50am On Mar 30, 2018
Hahahahahahaha!

Their god crying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by Sarang(f): 10:50am On Mar 30, 2018
Good friday? Then do something good for someone today..

Please see my signature
Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by nairalanduseles: 10:51am On Mar 30, 2018
yeye nairaland make una dey ban people for airing their opinion....small power some ppl get dem go just dey do like fish......and na dem go dey criticize the govt wey dey abuse power.......Nairaland judgment day is getting closer
Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by eleojo23: 10:51am On Mar 30, 2018
Yeah, it is finished...

But unfortunately for many Christians, it is not finished.

Many Christians are still trying to finish the work and earn God's approval through their own self efforts.

3 Likes

Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by Redblood(m): 10:55am On Mar 30, 2018
All the way to Calvary He went, for our sake our Saviour was crucified amd He died to pay all our debts, and all our sins were washed by His blood.
The death of Jesus Christ for our sake shall not go in vain upon you and I, we shall behold our Lord in glory,we shall sing the song of joy and of Victory. Amen

2 Likes

Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by skales67(m): 10:55am On Mar 30, 2018
About 2000 years ago by yesterday evening, Judas Iscariot received alert!

6 Likes

Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by shegzy08: 10:56am On Mar 30, 2018
Lala...I want to know why one needs to attest been a Muslim in a Muslim thread but same is not applicable in a Christian thread..double standard

2 Likes

Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by alenwup(m): 10:57am On Mar 30, 2018
grin
nairalanduseles:
yeye nairaland make una dey ban people for airing their opinion....small power some ppl get dem go just dey do like fish......and na dem go dey criticize the govt wey dey abuse power.......Nairaland judgment day is getting closer
grin
nairalanduseles:
Nairaland (including it's inhabitants) judgment day is getting closer
Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by Deo1986(m): 10:58am On Mar 30, 2018
If Jesus truly died for our sins, why does his followings still pray for forgiveness? Just wondering undecided

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by IVORY2009(m): 10:59am On Mar 30, 2018
FINITO
Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by Deo1986(m): 10:59am On Mar 30, 2018
skales67:
About 2000 years ago by yesterday evening, Judas Iscariot received alert!
LOL
Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by Kylekent59: 10:59am On Mar 30, 2018
shegzy08:
Lala...I want to know why one needs to attest been a Muslim in a Muslim thread but same is not applicable in a Christian thread..double standard

We call it bias

We Christians welcomes anyone, we don't set rules for unbelievers, we welcome them to share their ideas also.

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by BabatCargo(m): 11:02am On Mar 30, 2018
Truely it is finished

Buy from USA/China and Ship to Nigeria @ $4.5/kg
Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by mekonglobal(m): 11:02am On Mar 30, 2018
Oh yes its finished for Apc.
Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by opribo(m): 11:03am On Mar 30, 2018
Some people who cal themselves Christians did not fast during the Lenten season but they will be the first to eat the Easter rice and chicken.
Many didn't even know the season we are in until the holidays were declared. That's how far drawn we are from God today. May the mercy of God never depart from us.
Jesus said HE is coming back again. I believe.

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by obonujoker(m): 11:03am On Mar 30, 2018
shegzy08:

I guess Christians are too big... they are very open... not volatile....
Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by Judolisco(m): 11:03am On Mar 30, 2018
Kylekent59:
Catholic, a true religion

They practice the teachings of christ.

Today some unbelievers will see the passion of christ being acted on the streets and they will surely find insulting words.

My God my God,why have you forsaken me!

For the love he died
For the love he rose
For the love we are saved.

Show that love my people

I said it in the beginning, the guy below didn't disappoint. (it is even written' they lack wisdom')
stop putting yourself in a box , jst accept christ and enjoy jesus and forget about denominations
Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by shepherd003: 11:04am On Mar 30, 2018
it is finished!(unemployment,backwardness,etc)
Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:04am On Mar 30, 2018
THANK YOU JESUS FOR DYING FOR MY SINS.
Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by Kylekent59: 11:06am On Mar 30, 2018
Judolisco:
stop putting yourself in a box , jst accept christ and enjoy jesus and forget about denominations

Jesus and not jesus

Use capital italic. Big "J "and not small "j"

And stop sitting on a fence before commenting.
Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by dasanchez1(m): 11:07am On Mar 30, 2018
Kylekent59:

We call it bias

We Christians welcomes anyone, we don't set rules for unbelievers, we welcome them to share their ideas also.
SAY NO MORE
Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by Witnes: 11:07am On Mar 30, 2018
Who plan d death of Jesus?
Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by Kylekent59: 11:09am On Mar 30, 2018
dasanchez1:
SAY NO MORE

Don't be afraid to speak the truth. For the truth is the light and the light is Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by Judolisco(m): 11:12am On Mar 30, 2018
Kylekent59:

Jesus and not jesus

Use capital italic. Big "J "and not small "j"

And stop sitting on a fence before commenting.
u r a joke grin
Re: Good Friday: It Is Finished by shegzy08: 11:13am On Mar 30, 2018
Kylekent59:

We call it bias

It has to stop..they can't stand their hypocrisy been scrutinized so they create a double standard and try to derail Christian thread

(1) (2) (Reply)

Covering Of Hair For Christain Women, Is It Compulsory? / Stunning Images Of African Orisha Deities You've Never Heard Of Before / How Did 'Jesus' Ascend 'Up To Heaven' With A Physical Body?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.