Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) (24214 Views)

FG Rewards Athletes At The Commonwealth Games. See How Much They Got (Photos) / Blessing Oborududu Wins Gold At Comonwealth Games (Photos) / Jade Faulkner, Nigerian Gymnast At The Commonwealth Games. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by kennycalls(m): 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2018
Another Anthony Joshua story

1 Like

Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by ajl: 3:19pm On Mar 31, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

It is obvious he is mentally imbalanced for him to want to represent Nigeria.

You are the one that need to have your head examined.
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by BlackAdam55(m): 3:29pm On Mar 31, 2018
well the government should give him a chance.
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by wildkat: 3:38pm On Mar 31, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

For once I agree with you
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by WhoIBe: 3:41pm On Mar 31, 2018
The next Anthony Joshua
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by kernel505: 3:45pm On Mar 31, 2018
fk001:
Someone is desperate to be and play for Nigeria

While some ungrateful pigs want to disunite Nigeria and break it into pieces

Which of the country, the one with third and fourth deadliest terrorists group in the world, with the highest poverty rate, worst place to give birth.... Abi the one the criminal herdman president impersonated a global award?
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by king1234: 3:52pm On Mar 31, 2018
There are Nigerians who have worked hard to try and represent Nigeria...when he had the choice he choose Uk why should we suddenly accept him because UK rejected him
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by martineverest(m): 3:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
5thElement:
If there was a worthy cause to unite Nigerian youths, this would be it. But wait, Nigerian youths are busy either watching BBN or bashing Buhari on NL.

IAAF should not have the right to determine which country an athlete wants to represent. None of their business if you ask me.

Whoever wants to be poached should be poached.

When Nigerian athletes were being poached by the likes of UK and US it was OK abi?
u obviously don't know what u are saying....... east Africa are losing their athletes to middle East Nations and Europe.....the fastest man in Asia is a Nigerian...IAAF enacted those rules to protect African nations
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by martineverest(m): 3:57pm On Mar 31, 2018
king1234:
There are Nigerians who have worked hard to try and represent Nigeria...when he had the choice he choose Uk why should we suddenly accept him because UK rejected him
one of the only sensible comment
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by majamajic(m): 3:59pm On Mar 31, 2018
Cinkq:
I doubt this guy will win medals for Nigeria, if he had the potential of winning any medal, UK would have selected him.
The west don't joke with quality.

this is what our boxing coach said about Anthony Joshua. .....at the end we are now regretting it
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by londoner: 4:20pm On Mar 31, 2018
krak101:
Exactly the same thing you clowns told Anthony Joshua... In fact thats the exact words. When will we learn Now the same shameless fools who denied him the opportunity of representing Nigeria are the same 4kers faking familiarity. Watch history repeat itself

Exactly, when Anthony Joshua wanted to compete for Nigeria, Nigerian officials rejected him but now he's on top they want to claim and mention his Nigerian roots.

Nigerians only come around when the food is ready.
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Mar 31, 2018
martineverest:
u obviously don't know what u are saying....... east Africa are losing their athletes to middle East Nations and Europe.....the fastest man in Asia is a Nigerian...IAAF enacted those rules to protect African nations

Ha ha, yeah right. The IAAF doesn't care sh1t about some hapless African nation. Whichever athlete wants to port his nationality be allowed to do so.

If their countries of origin will drag them back and not help them reach the pinnacle of their career, why should some sports organization?

Same reason why countries like Canada and Australia are poaching the brightest and best minds of Africa.

You can't stop people from pledging allegiance to whatever country they want.
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 4:42pm On Mar 31, 2018
Cinkq:
I doubt this guy will win medals for Nigeria, if he had the potential of winning any medal, UK would have selected him.
Anthony Joshua was a nobody. He wasn't recruited by the country he was in and Nigeria rejected him until he proved his worth. Of course it was already too late for Nigeria to claim him because another country saw the gold mine in him and decided to mine it. If Nigeria rejects this one again, trust me.... Someone else will see the passion and few years later, part of his success story will be how Nigeria rejected him. Same statement that was part of Anthony Joshua's success story....
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by IGBOPRINCE: 4:42pm On Mar 31, 2018
ChangetheChange:

Thunder fire the IAAF, they should allow the young man compete for Nigeria
just because he compete for British 9years ago hence his disqualification.
That's totally unacceptable.
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 4:44pm On Mar 31, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

was Anthony Joshua mentally imbalanced when he asked to represent Nigeria but got rejected? No.... They are Patriots who want to help their father land in their own little way.
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by enomakos(m): 4:46pm On Mar 31, 2018
Cinkq:

if he's not good enugh to represent UK, then we should examine him before accepting him as our athlete.
What is the essence of accepting him if he's not better than the local athletes? He shouldn't take the place of anyone if he has no prospect of winning medals. And i doubt UK would release him for us if he's that talented.
he is better than the local one,how did you think he get the sole spot to represent us?
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 4:48pm On Mar 31, 2018
ChangetheChange:

Thunder fire the IAAF, they should allow the young man compete for Nigeria
I tire... This is how they always being shame to the country. They had a good sports man but someone somewhere wanted the spot for the son of a friend of a friend's brother's wife's sibling. God how I detest people of power in Nigeria.
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by somto811(m): 5:11pm On Mar 31, 2018
fk001:

can i ask you a question?
who are the ungrateful pigs and since u were born,has nigeria as a country made u happy before? angry
fk001:

who are the ungrateful pigs and since u were born,has nigeria as a country made u happy before?
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by brodalokie: 5:24pm On Mar 31, 2018
I have a feeling he'll do us proud
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by Cinkq: 5:40pm On Mar 31, 2018
@ INDUSRIALFAN and majamajic, both of you are corect.
Nobody knows tomorrow indeed.
However UK knows quality when they see one, this is why they quickly cornered Anthony josua before Nigeria got to know what he's capable of doing.
UK must have scrutinised this guy before letting him off their hook.
There is a reason they quickly selected AJ and there is a reason they ignored this guy.
Nigeria shouldn't settle for left over all the time.

1 Like

Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by Damicares(f): 5:53pm On Mar 31, 2018
Cinkq:
He might surprise everyone if he is eventually given the chance. We can't tell.
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by Dareal90s(m): 6:04pm On Mar 31, 2018
Cinkq:
The guy is just not useful like a condom packet,.
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by mikolo80: 6:55pm On Mar 31, 2018
fk001:

NA BY DESPERATE FOR UUR SIDE ABI?
CAN HE RUN OR SWIM
U AS U DE U NO DESPERATE?
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by fk001(m): 7:01pm On Mar 31, 2018
somto811:
who are the ungrateful pigs and since u were born,has nigeria as a country made u happy before? angrycan i ask you a question?
who are the ungrateful pigs and since u were born,has nigeria as a country made u happy before?

Yes sir i am happy to be a Nigerian
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by Emanodimo(m): 8:34pm On Mar 31, 2018
Cinkq:

U have said it all... Looking for a stage to show off... Well he might be lucky...
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by degamemaster(m): 9:45pm On Mar 31, 2018
JasonScolari:
I always believe that this shithole will be great again... It's just a matter of time.

God bless this shithole.
Hey hey!!! Just wake up from that dream already, it's getting late for real.
Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by Hades2016(m): 11:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
babyfaceafrica:
so because UK did not select him..he must be useless?....just like saying because you didn't gain admission into Harvard... You no sabi book?...,they are various reasons people don't pass a level..
my brother don take the matter personal oooo

Re: Mike Edwards Begs To Compete For Nigeria At The Commonwealth Games (Photos) by Awoo88: 6:15am On Apr 01, 2018
fk001:

Because he could not make it into #team Britain.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Asisat Oshoala, Barcelona Teammates Celebrate Women's Champions League Final Win / Nigeria U20 Stars Hand Cash To Patients During Visit To New Plymouth Hospital / Super Eagles Squad Rewarded With $2,000 Each For Thrashing Argentina 4 – 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.