Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? (6679 Views)

Men Spend More Time Gossping Than Women - Study / How Did You Spend Your Today Sunday [my Pics For Today Outing] / Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by Jarus(m): 1:05pm On May 08, 2010
nl.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by harakiri(m): 1:12pm On May 08, 2010
From my observation, NL is far more interactive than Facebook. Nigerians on Facebook tend to be more "civil" and "distant".Some are attention seekers who just go on there to advertise their pictures,comment on their pictures and bring up dry topics to chat about.NL on the other hand, is more realistic.You can express yourselves to the core amongst fellow 9ja peeps,curse,swear,joke,laugh and sometimes, meet some great minds.I wish Seun would allow facial pictures to be displayed on the thread itself (instead of the profile page).It would make this forum more interesting. . .lol
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by silvertuke(m): 1:32pm On May 08, 2010
I spend more time on Nairaland becos I enjoyed reading some interesting msg frm other memberhere.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by doja(m): 1:55pm On May 08, 2010
Nairaland of course! but come to think of it,Nairaland seem to me to have remain at the particular spot it was in 2006 when I joined.There seem not to have been any improvement in the aesthetics, technology and business aspect   of the site.

Please do not get me wrong, but by now Seun should be amongst the richest Nigerian living but this is not so because he seem not have taken advantage of the business side of this wonderful product he has.

If I own Nairaland, Mike  Adenuga wouldn't think twice if I told him I'd love to marry bella!
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by Orikinla(m): 1:59pm On May 08, 2010
I prefer Nairaland to Facebook for very good reasons.
Nairaland is more beneficial to Nigerians and Nigeria than Facebook.
In fact, Facebook regards the majority of Nigerians using it as liabilities.
They said that they are not contributing much to the revenue of Facebook.
Too much Nigerian GIGO on Facebook.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by AfricaMars: 2:08pm On May 08, 2010
Used to spend a lot of time on FB. now FB is getting boring and I guess I can learn a lot on NL. so expect to see a lot of me wink
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by Nobody: 2:23pm On May 08, 2010
Nairaland
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by tyor: 2:27pm On May 08, 2010
The first tab on my browser is always NAIRALAND, kini won she ni facebook? fb is too boring for my kinda person, I'm d info type not people type.  

NAIRALANDERS ,

Eku ise!!!!
Ndewo!!!!
Rankadede!!!!
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by Kelvinj(m): 2:30pm On May 08, 2010
i was once addicted 2 nl like i cant spend 10secs off it but gradually fb took my passion. reasons: most ppl on nl fake ids more than ppl fb. am not sayin ppl dnt fake on fb but its much on nl, bt i still love nl but not like b4
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by joeycrack: 2:32pm On May 08, 2010
I login way more on facebook than nairaland, but average time spent per login is way more on nairaland.

As far as comparisons go, it's like comparing apples and oranges. I use social networking sites like facebook and twitter to share content I find interesting without necessarily wanting a discussion on them, to keep in touch with my network of friends, family and associates, run campaigns, promote events, raise awareness of whatever I'm up to. I also use them as a big part of my personal branding.  

I use forums like nairaland purely to get information about happenings and trends, in this case Nigeria, while occasionally contributing.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by Amhatu(m): 2:33pm On May 08, 2010
Orikinla:

I prefer Nairaland to Facebook for very good reasons.
Nairaland is more beneficial to Nigerians and Nigeria than Facebook.
In fact, Facebook regards the majority of Nigerians using it as liabilities.
They said that they are not contributing much to the revenue of Facebook.
Too much Nigerian GIGO on Facebook.

Facebook including twitter are nothing more than frauds anyway(just like the USA stock market). Soon Nigerians will wake up and see we
can compete globally just like any other powerfull nation.  

Amhatu
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by solaONI: 2:36pm On May 08, 2010
Spend almost same time on both. NL updates me on latest happening in the areas that interest me. FB helps me keep in touch wit peeps.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by DrLorenz1(m): 2:37pm On May 08, 2010
The original question was where do you spend time most. I don't know if the poster intended to make a comparison btw facebook and nairaland though. I personally do not see any reason to compare the two of them because they aren't in the same category. Facebook is a social site and nairaland is a forum.

They both have their uses, so for those of you comparing the two of them, there's no basis of comparison. Personally i spend more time on facebook than nairaland when i want to socialize and when i want to discuss issues or get information, i pend more time here.

In facebook, you get to see who you are talking to, find lost friends and make new ones, hence the essence of a social site. On nairaland on the other hand, you get to discuss about several aspects of life, get information on different things and share ideas, hence the essence of a forum.

On nairaland though, more than 80-85% (if not more) of the people you talk to, you don't know. While some people hide behind so many words, others take advantage of the anonymity to talk rubbish, insult people and generally show how immature and insecure they are.

Nairaland is a very wonderful site and i personally have introduced so many people to it. I hear people say facebook is very boring and i agree. I guess that explains my earlier explanation on both of them.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by eros(m): 2:48pm On May 08, 2010
I definitely spend more time on Nairaland. I just check my facebook messages, reply any post by my friends, look through pictures posted and i am done. My friends think i am addicted to Nairaland and have nicknamed me Nairaland. grin grin grin
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by astuto: 3:17pm On May 08, 2010
Yeah, people! You know why you guys prefer Nairaland? Because facebook doesn't allow for free expression on views for fear of losing friends, losing your rep, or in the worst case, being penned down for assassination(esp for political commentators) or kidnap :-). Yes, that's right. NL is where i spend more time. grin grin
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 08, 2010
cant compare the two, nairaland is a forum, facebook is a social network site. compare nairaland with other forums and facebook with sites like tweeter. that said facebook is more personal and people know who u are so u really have to behave urself and watch ur comments. nairaland is just a place where people fake personalities.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by terryjohn7: 3:41pm On May 08, 2010
ever since i discover nairaland, i spend much time on nairaland than facebook. nairaland is more informative and educative.i enjoy the political aspect of it. seun dalu
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by AYODEJI4LOVE(m): 3:43pm On May 08, 2010
it's nairaland ooh.i spent more time on nairaland sometimes i just wish i can keep myself off nairaland for a while but i cant sometimes i even dream of replying to someone post on nairaland.i only spend 5% of my time on facebook.85% on nairaland.while i share the rest on other site daily
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by Iceugwa(m): 3:43pm On May 08, 2010
Facebook na name of what. Abeg give me nairaland. FB is for nothing jo
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by Nescoemmy(m): 3:56pm On May 08, 2010
fb 52%
Nl 48%
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by tlops(m): 3:59pm On May 08, 2010
Nairaland ni joooo. I hardly fb, but I am always checking out the latest with 9ja on NL
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by TWise(m): 4:09pm On May 08, 2010
Well, dats a tough one cos since a friend introduced me to NL when we were both hungry for jobs(employment/money section)  I've sort of taken a liking for this site. Although I dont have any REAL friends on NL, If i were to rate in terms of %, i'd say: 55% FOR FACEBOOK and 45% for NAIRALAND.
Just as the ball possession in a football match, this statistics are subject to change as events unfold.  
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by sammytb(m): 4:27pm On May 08, 2010
Well both is kull, But Niaraland is better, On facebuk, i meet wit my fwends, ,, But Nairaland,, U get new news nd happnings,
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by TrendyTopaz: 4:31pm On May 08, 2010
This nl is too complicated.i didn' get it and it's making me feel bored
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by kabarka(m): 4:44pm On May 08, 2010
Spend more time on NL,before i know it the day is gone.Spend more time in business section and general discussion.

New to fb,nothing much
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by friendl: 4:46pm On May 08, 2010
nairaland of course,,
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by TrendyTopaz: 4:48pm On May 08, 2010
kabarka:

Spend more time on NL,before i know it the day is gone.Spend more time in business section and general discussion.

New to fb,nothing much
NL is too complicated
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by Akosbaba(m): 5:13pm On May 08, 2010
These days na nairaland cos it's more informative esp the politics section
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by utotomi50(m): 5:44pm On May 08, 2010
Recently, I've been spending most of my time on facebook. grin
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by 1stknight(m): 5:50pm On May 08, 2010
Wetin i wnt learn 4 FB wey i no fit learn 4 NL?
I've learnt a lot frm NL.
Naira land 4 ever.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by GOODNESS2020: 5:57pm On May 08, 2010
smiley Nairaland times ten
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by GOODNESS2020: 6:08pm On May 08, 2010
[/color][color=#990000] jr

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Where's "Oluwole" Located In Lagos / Why Are Some Nigerians Crazy About Title? / I took This picture 8am Today Morning Can somebody guess wah they are doing???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.