Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? (6667 Views)

Men Spend More Time Gossping Than Women - Study / How Did You Spend Your Today Sunday [my Pics For Today Outing] / Nairaland Or Facebook: Which Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by sizzlers(m): 6:53am On May 09, 2010
styles2009:

One funny question and not hijacking this thread, Why is Nairaland still using SMF version 1.0.12? hey my new forum is using SMF 2.03
http://www.naijahouse.com/ and it look cool with the new color.

Hope admin is working on that as this is the largest Nigerian discussion forum ever and we don't want it to go rot like nigerian airways

styles
if u ar looking for patronage better look for somewhere else, go to advert section and drope that your thrash site coz NL. Rocks
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by styles2009: 7:34am On May 09, 2010
@Sizzlers, Please send me an email,got a job for you : monica2245@ymail.com

Not looking for patronage but i like new and updated sites not just continuing with old one cos someday we get bored with this.

My site ain't trash,its new and growing cheesy

Its just was a recommendation!
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by Ossaifamous(m): 9:49pm On May 12, 2010
Both sites comes with its advantage, vivi nairaland you get gists, knowledge and experience but you would all agree with me that when you track down friend or lost relative ,you would rate facebook high. This said I love nairaland more.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by Kesmakveli(m): 10:14pm On May 12, 2010
facebook suckz while Nairaland rockz, Kudoz 2 d founda.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by styles2009: 11:53pm On May 12, 2010
sizzlers:

if u ar looking for patronage better look for somewhere else, go to advert section and drope that your thrash site coz NL. Rocks

@ Sizzler

A 20hrs downtime for a huge site such as Nairaland would prove my opinion right about using a newer version kiss
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by Tanwinjin(m): 12:26am On May 13, 2010
Facebook is hang-out spot for a lot of weird, attention-seeking exhibitionists: self-deniers, new-money Nigerians (who have just arrived Dubai, London to buy a Polo shirt or a LV bag), gawkers, pretenders ("I am happy but the truth is I am a miserable sod looking to be noticed), etc. Nairaland? I don't know yet. I heard there are a lot of smart, naughty folks here. Whether that is true or not, we shall find out in the days ahead.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by Nobody: 12:48am On May 13, 2010
Omo Naira Land all the way. . . its full of drama and suspense cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by twinkle87(f): 1:31am On May 13, 2010
Tanwinjin:

Facebook is hang-out spot for a lot of weird, attention-seeking exhibitionists: self-deniers, new-money Nigerians (who have just arrived Dubai, London to buy a Polo shirt or a LV bag), gawkers, pretenders ("I am happy but the truth is I am a miserable sod looking to be noticed), etc. Nairaland? I don't know yet. I heard there are a lot of smart, naughty folks here. Whether that is true or not, we shall find out in the days ahead.

@Tanwinjin: SECONDED
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by davidtella(m): 2:03am On May 13, 2010
nothing beats niraland
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by ceasyc(f): 4:35am On May 13, 2010
i think its 50 50
i spend time on FB cos i can meet new ppl n c their real pix
its boring at times but d best part is dat
FB always links/unites me with friends n relatives i havent seen
in yearssss, i can c their real pix, wot dey've been/are up to, etc
- ITS AWESOME!

NL is informative, d best part is dat we've got discussions on things
dat affects everyday life, diff sections/topics etc. some posts and topics simply cracks me up
ppl can b anonymous here and express demselves in a good
or bad way without holding back - NL is gr8 n neva boring but SHOCKING @TIMES
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by Ifebazz(m): 6:51am On May 13, 2010
U kw like de sayin, "all cats are grey in de dark", NL using de anonimity status quo brings out de 'real u' of most of us (altho some get a kick outta giv some preprostrous stories).

My Facebook acct to me nw is like anoda email i just chk to see my new mails or find names i jus came accross.

I luv de freedom given by de 'dark' of NL & thus spend a whole lotta time here. Facebook's for young @ heart while NL is for de 'THICK SKINNED'.

NL rocks.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by moonraker(m): 7:47am On May 13, 2010
its like this, on fb, you edit and adjust yur page, write on yur friends wall,

looking for old friends, chat , thats abt it,

however, on NL, you have different sorts of topics and issues that would never be

tackled on a face to face situation, you have information about almost everything and anything,

then, you have the buying section especially auto section, the high quality pics from peeps like

INSPIRED, FHEMMMY, German007 etc is enough to blow your mind,

infact, nairaland is the place.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 13, 2010
Nairaland. It hasn't been firewalled yet grin grin
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by lipstick1(f): 4:43pm On May 13, 2010
Nairaland of course.
What is in that Facebook
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by olayinkaj2(m): 9:30pm On May 13, 2010
Spend more time on NL.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by PmB1(m): 10:34pm On May 13, 2010
fb smiley
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by jenibayo(f): 6:39am On May 14, 2010
Both but i like nland more.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by temple(m): 7:27am On May 14, 2010
more time on FB
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by Nymphnode(m): 8:41am On May 14, 2010
Facebook is a joke compared to Nairaland
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by dewaledeyi(m): 9:36am On May 14, 2010
Facebook for the following reasons:

1) Most proflies have a picture to them
2) The admin doesn't block you because you critisize them
3) You can chat with your friends online real-time
4) There are more people on facebook
5) Interesting groups exist on facebook
I will stop here because Seun Osewa can decide to swing his axe.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by horlabiyi(m): 10:24am On May 14, 2010
wel,am new 2 NL.but it seem NL is more interesting.FB is sumhow boring.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by Olaolufred(m): 12:57pm On May 14, 2010
Prefare Nairaland.

NL gives more more opportunity to read from other minds.
Some great, some fair and some may sounds foolish.
But one learns. Picture is not as important as thoughts.
Many turns FB to picture gallery. While you have little or nothing to learn from them.
Though FB is better in connecting people. But NL teaches you more.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by jokingmary(m): 1:05pm On May 14, 2010
NAIRA LAND OF COURSE wink
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by saintnaz(m): 5:39pm On May 14, 2010
nairaland, wen dere is no light,, if i see light demmmmm My Tv set + Game LOL
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by macnuel: 5:43pm On May 14, 2010
FB is just to hook up with your guys. keep up with them but NL? Jeez. This is where the fun at.
Why compare the two sef? FB no fit reach NL anyday!
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by HipsyDipsy(f): 7:55pm On May 14, 2010
its a 50 50 tin
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by murtalaa(m): 9:04pm On May 14, 2010
there is no basis for comparison. mark zuckerberg would be livid to read this scandalous thread!
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by baeyy(m): 2:30am On May 15, 2010
Hmnn none, i spend time more on twitter now, the others are getting old
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by Bluemoon1(f): 9:23am On May 15, 2010
Facebook.
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by cooltobex(m): 1:45pm On May 15, 2010
Face Book lacks privacy. You can't protect some of your data on face book, that's one reason why i don't like Face book, if it were a little more private, I'd say it's the best.
You won't believe through Face Book, someone tracked a suspect of a stolen item
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by kcreal(f): 5:27pm On May 15, 2010
I spend more time on NL than FB
Re: Nairaland Or Facebook: Where Do You Spend More Time? by benque: 10:17pm On May 15, 2010
facebuk is simply d best

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is It Charging Point Or Charging Port? / Cardinalstone Graduate Trainee (2021) - Investment Management / Congratulations To Alabi Pasuma For His Private Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.