Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,259 members, 7,839,311 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

See 7 Signs To Know You’re Still In Love With Your Ex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / See 7 Signs To Know You’re Still In Love With Your Ex (575 Views)

Narhkie: See 7 Photos Of The Ghanaian Model Turning Heads On Social Media / “If You Know You’re Going To Cheat On Your Husband, Pls Don't Marry"—Lady / 11 Tricky Ways To Let A Girl Know You’re Interested Without Appearing Overeager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See 7 Signs To Know You’re Still In Love With Your Ex by ItzChinnex(m): 5:01pm On Mar 31, 2018
Promises:they make us, Memories: they break us. Many people have been through this relationship road and many has fallen out. To some, it may be easy for them to get back to their feet, while to others, may seems so impossible to arrange their lives maybe due to the constant lovely memories shared by the duo.

In fact, I had a personal experience of breakup and believe you me, I was devastated. She became a tree planted in my heart, a tree I couldn't uproot. But, I think by now, I would have gotten Over it.
Here, I present the 7 Biggest signs To Show That You Are Still In Love With Your Ex

Notes: MY USING OF "HE" REFERS to BOTH GENDER

1. You Compare Every Guy You Meet To Your Ex

It’s hard to get over a guy – but it’s especially hard when in your heart you think he’s the yardstick by which you should measure every other guy you meet.
If you’re consciously or unconsciously measuring every new guy you meet up against your ex-boyfriend, you’re setting yourself up for failure.

Why? Because if that’s the case, what you really want is your ex… not someone new. And since every guy is different and unique, no one is going to give you exactly what your ex gave you – so no guy is going to satisfy what you’re looking for.
When you put every new guy up against the gold standard of your ex – it might be because you’re still in love with him.

2)Things That Remind You Of Your Ex Make You Emotional

Maybe it’s catching a glimpse of him on social media. Or driving past the restaurant you used to go to.
Or maybe it’s something like noticing that it’s his birthday, or hearing a song on the radio that reminds you of him… you get the idea.

Whatever it is, whenever something reminds you of him it sets you off emotionally.
If that’s what’s happening, then your subconscious is trying to tell you that you have lots of unprocessed feelings about him, and they all come bubbling to the surface when you get reminded of him in an unexpected way.
What are those unprocessed feelings? A lot of the time, it’s because you’re still in love.

3. You’re Still Thinking Of Him – Even After A Long Time

Over time, memories of past relationships start to fade, day by day, until one day you realize you didn’t even think about him all day.

Then you go two days. Then three.Until the time comes where you realize that you don’t really think about him anymore.
That’s what happens to everyone when they get over a breakup.
But what happens when it’s been months, or even years – and you’re still thinking about him?
That means you’re not over him – because even after all that time you’re still in love with him.

4. You Can’t Think Of A Single Bad Thing About The Relationship

Love has been described as wearing rose-tinted glasses when you look at another person.
In other words – they can do no wrong in your eyes, because of the strength of your love for them.

After a relationship ends, once both parties gain perspective on it and on what happened they can see where the relationship was good, and where it was bad. Where things worked, and where they didn’t. They can see what eventually led to the downfall of the relationship.
Gaining perspective like that on a relationship is only possible when you’re not still hung up on your ex.

If you can’t see anything wrong with your relationship – if it still feels like you had the most perfect relationship ever even after things ended… much of the time it’s because you’re still in love with your ex, and still looking at him (and at the relationship) with rose-tinted glasses.

5. Whenever Something Happens In Your Life He’s The First Person You Want To Tell

Humans are social creatures. We’re wired to share our thoughts and feelings, successes and failures, and wins and losses with each other.

When something big happens in life, we tend to go to the people who are most important to us first. We tell the people whose praise we most value, and whose opinion we weigh the most strongly.
So if whenever something news-worthy happens in your life, your first instinct is to go to your ex – it’s because you still value his opinion above anyone else’s in your life… because you could be still in love with him.

6. Your Friends Are Sick Of Hearing About Him

Friends are there to pick you up when you’re down. They’re there to help you out when you’re feeling blue, listen to your troubles when you’re having a hard time, and celebrate with you when things are going well.

Still – every person has their limits. No one wants to hear about the same thing over and over again, especially when they’re trying to help their friend move past it.
If your friends are tired of hearing about your ex-boyfriend, it’s probably because they’ve been waiting for you to get over this guy for too long now, and they’ve grown tired of hearing about it.
If it’s taken so long to get over him that your friends don’t even want to hear about him anymore – it’s a sign that you’re still in love with him.

7. You Can’t Stop Checking His Profiles On Social Media

It’s like an addiction. You know it’s going to hurt you, you know it’s not going to make you feel good, you know that nothing good will come of it – and you still check on him on social media.

Obviously, in the first days and weeks after a breakup, it’s nearly impossible to avoid looking at your ex’s social media. It won’t help you, and it will make you feel like crap, but it’s nearly impossible to resist.
That’s totally normal. Where it veers into “maybe you’re still in love with him” territory is when you can’t stop checking his social media… even 6 months or a year or years after you’ve broken up.

At that point, it’s less about the freshness of the breakup, and far more about the fact that you’re still carrying a flame for him, and that your love for him hasn’t ever really gone away.

So if you find yourself nodding along with this sign along with a few of the others, I hate to break it to you but you’re probably still in love with him.

This article showed you the signs you’re still in love with your ex. It only takes strong minds to get away with heart breaks.

Source : http://www.romancegoal.com/2018/03/see-7-signs-to-know-youre-still-in-love.html?m=1

Seun
Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Rocktation
farano

Re: See 7 Signs To Know You’re Still In Love With Your Ex by QueenSuccubus(f): 5:11pm On Mar 31, 2018
grin

The best thing i am so grateful about me...

Is that I have SELECTIVE AMNESIA grin grin which is good...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why All These On Nairaland? / Bbnaija: See What A Miracle Fan Told Juliet Ibrahim That Has Been Trending / Delta Housewife Sleeps With 18 Men In 1 Month, Collects N1.5m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.