Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,701 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir (3058 Views)

Controversy Over Governor Yahaya Bello’s Coronavirus Status / Tinubu Meets Buhari Over Ambode’s Reelection Controversy / Femi Fani-kayode Reacts To NBA & UNILORIN Student's Hijab Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by myright: 7:10pm On Mar 31, 2018
The Oluwo of Iwoland in Osun state, Oba Adbulrasheed Akanbi Saturday made history when he dropped the the title of Oba and declared his resolve to adopt the Emir title popularly known with Northern traditional rulers. Oluwo of Iwoland, Adbulrasheed Akanbi Speaking at the installation and turbarning ceremony of an Islamic scholar, Sheikh Yahquub Abdul-Baaqi Mohammed as first Waziri of Yoruba land, Oba Akanbi said he decided to now bear “Emir of Iwoland” because he wants to emulate the attitudes of northern Emirs. According to Oluwo, Northern traditional rulers are better behaved than his counterparts from the Southwest saying Yoruba Obas are full of bickering, acrimony and enmities. He said Yoruba traditional rulers lacks cooperation and expected royal characters saying the Yoruba Obas have been polarized owing to enmities. Oba Akanbi said until Yoruba Obas come together, shun enmities and backbiting, Hausas would continue to rule Nigeria. “I have decided to officially adopt Emir title today because I want to emulate the attitudes of Northern Emirs. They don’t begrudge themselves like Yoruba Obas. ” It will surprise you to discover that for the past two years, there has not been meeting of Yoruba traditional rulers just because of enmities. There is nothing strange in adopting Emir title. I am the Emir of Yorubaland,” Oluwo said. Meanwhile, amid tight security presence, Oba Akanbi installed and turbarned an Islamic scholar, Sheikh Yahquub Abdul-Baaqi Mohammed as first Waziri of Yoruba land. At the well attended ceremony held at the palace of of the traditional ruler in Iwo on Saturday, Islamic scho)lars, Islamic organisations, Imams and Alfas, government functionaries among other notable personalities in the state were present. The installation of the Waziri was against warning served on Oluwo by the League of Imams and Alfas in Southwest Nigeria, Edo and Delta States asking Oba Akanbi to desist from installing Alhaji Mohammed as the Waziri of the Southwest. In a statement signed by the President , League of lmams and Alfas, Southwest Nigeria, Edo and Delta States, Sheikh Jamiu Kewulere Bello urged Oba Akanbi to limit the title to Iwoland and not to the entire Yorubaland as being purported. ” The proposed installation of the said recipient by your Highness as the Waziri of Iwo land is no doubt the result of your avowed commitment to the development of lslam, the lwo Community and Osun State in general “However, it is our considered hope that your Highness should as a matter of urgency correct the rumours making the round that the organisers of this event are trying to over blow the ceremony to capture the entire Yorubaland. This is not right.” But Oba Akanbi shunned warnings by the Islamic leaders and installed the Waziri amid pomp and pageantry saying “Iwo has used this Waziri title to announce to the world that truly Iwo is the citadel of Islamic knowledge.” The traditional ruler added that “Iwo has a unique and distinctive traditional history among the entire Yoruba race. And these peculiarities have made Iwo to be at the forefront in Yoruba land. ” The occasion of the installation of Waziri Yorubaland is another great opportunity to create the necessary awareness and promote to the entire world the deep Islamic culture and heritage in Iwo. “Waziri did not come from Northern part of Hausa tribe but from God. So, there is nothing strange in installing Waziri. Yoruba has forgotten their history. Whoever is critisising me lacks history of Yorubaland,” the monarch noted. The new Waziri promised to render selfless services that would promote religious growth and peaceful coexistence in Yorubaland

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/03/yoruba-oba-drops-title-becomes-emir/
Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by padeolu: 7:18pm On Mar 31, 2018
This guy is gradually running mad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by seunmsg(m): 7:35pm On Mar 31, 2018
The Oluwo better be tamed before he becomes a bone in the neck of traditional institutions in the south west. What the fvck is Emir or waziri of Yoruba land?

Kabiyesi Sir, please respect yourself before it is too late. Lots of us admire you because of the swag you brought to the Iwo throne. However, if you start bringing infested wood into our house the same way Afonja did years ago in Ilorin, we will have no choice than to turn against you. Fulani titles are not acceptable in the south west.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by joeyfire(m): 7:46pm On Mar 31, 2018
Tinubu don sell him people shocked

Na this same tribe wey Ogedengbe Gbogungboro from comot Unbelievable

5 Likes

Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by myright: 7:47pm On Mar 31, 2018
Cc:
Onyeoga
Resurgentxtain4
Izaa
ikworiko
FRESH G
Imhotep
Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by myright: 8:33pm On Mar 31, 2018
Kernel504
Hammer6f
Clarocuzioo
Zombiebuster
ZZ22
Stingman
BankeSmalls
Echocharlie
Benben1000
Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by myright: 8:46pm On Mar 31, 2018
I had to use a different title cos the mod were moving the thread to culture section. But the whole world needs to see this. This is a serious matter that shouldn't be swept to culture section
Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by myright: 8:48pm On Mar 31, 2018
Yarimo, deomelllo and Madridguy, what are your take on this?
Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by madridguy(m): 8:52pm On Mar 31, 2018
Welcome development.

I urge Gov. Aregbesola to as well start attending Northern Governors Forum.

myright:
Yarimo and Madridguy, what are your take on this?

3 Likes

Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by ZZ22: 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2018
As a Yoruba Muslim its our duty and a thing of pride to serve the Caliphate. The Caliphate named us the "Yoruba" we answer today, the Caliphate rescued us from the hands of Dahormey girls, the Caliphate sight the moon for us because we are lesser Muslims. As a Yoruba Muslim tell me why I shouldn't be subservient and loyal to the Caliphate.

12 Likes

Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by blazhykowskyi(m): 8:55pm On Mar 31, 2018
Ok.
Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by blazhykowskyi(m): 8:56pm On Mar 31, 2018
joeyfire:
Tinubu don sell him people shocked

Na this same tribe wey Ogedengbe Gbogungboro from comot Unbelievable

Pig! What concerns Tinubu with this ?
Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by blazhykowskyi(m): 9:01pm On Mar 31, 2018
seunmsg:
The Oluwo better be tamed before he becomes a bone in the neck of traditional institutions in the south west. What the fvck is Emir or waziri of Yoruba land?

Kabiyesi Sir, please respect yourself before it is too late. Lots of us admire you because of the swag you brought to the Iwo throne. However, if you start bringing infested wood into our house the same way Afonja did years ago in Ilorin, we will have no choice than to turn against you. Fulani titles are not acceptable in the south west.

The guy is only joking. This cannot stand. He will rather loose the throne and go to Saudi where they have emirs. Not in Yoruba land. You cannot change a traditional title to a religious title at your whims and caprices. I believe the court will upturn it.

I think this will put the end to any form of emir in Yoruba land. The people of Ilorin can also go to court and change the name of that useless title.

Emir is not a traditional title in Yorubaland.

3 Likes

Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by blazhykowskyi(m): 9:02pm On Mar 31, 2018
ZZ22:
As a Yoruba Muslim its our duty and a thing of pride to serve the Caliphate. The Caliphate named us the "Yoruba" we answer today, the Caliphate rescued us from the hands of Dahormey girls, the Caliphate sight the moon for us because we are lesser Muslims. As a Yoruba Muslim tell me why I shouldn't be subservient and loyal to the Caliphate.

Why are you posting the picture of osu slave on a public forum?

7 Likes

Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by Bede2u(m): 9:35pm On Mar 31, 2018
seunmsg:

grin grin grin
Make i laugh my yoruba brothers small. Thank God islam didnt enter south east region much. Na this same mumu una dey do for hausa fulani we sef for dey do too.

Yoruba the most sufferesticated tribe in Africa cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by Bede2u(m): 9:39pm On Mar 31, 2018
myright:
Yarimo, deomelllo and Madridguy, what are your take on this?
hehe...some of these dudes are hausa...madridguy for example. grin grin If i will be a Nigerian in my nxt life, i choose igbo all over again. Or fulani...the only 2 tribes who knw exactly wat they want

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by myright: 9:50pm On Mar 31, 2018
Bede2u:
hehe...some of these dudes are hausa...madridguy for example. grin grin If i will be a Nigerian in my nxt life, i choose igbo all over again. Or fulani...the only 2 tribes who knw exactly wat they want
they claim sophistication and liberal. They say there is nothing like Yoruba Muslim and Christian. They claim to be one indivisible tribe. Just look where that attitude has gotten their Christian folks now

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by myright: 9:53pm On Mar 31, 2018
T9ksy, what is your take about this ugly development?
Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by myright: 10:33pm On Mar 31, 2018
Nobody should move this thread culture section
Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by myright: 11:57pm On Mar 31, 2018

Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by CSTR1002: 12:01am On Apr 01, 2018
Like play like play, all those things we use to taunt the SW with is coming to pass.

3 Likes

Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by plessis: 12:38am On Apr 01, 2018
Why did the Yorubas allow the fulanis infiltrate them using Islam in the first place?...

4 Likes

Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by horsepower101: 12:44am On Apr 01, 2018
They hid the first thread in crime section, then moved it later to culture section in under 30 minutes.

This is the so-called moderators of nairaland that clearly display ethnic bias all the time.

3 Likes

Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by adadike(f): 12:49am On Apr 01, 2018
Finally, Yoruba is gone! Oduduwa will be turning round and round in his grave by now. Very soon, another Oba will join and before u say jack, the entire Yoruba land will become the Islamic land of oduduwa!

4 Likes

Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by Preshy561(f): 12:52am On Apr 01, 2018
very shameful.jihadist in the west loading.

4 Likes

Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by Preshy561(f): 12:53am On Apr 01, 2018
Bede2u:
grin grin grin
Make i laugh my yoruba brothers small. Thank God islam didnt enter south east region much. Na this same mumu una dey do for hausa fulani we sef for dey do too.

Yoruba the most sufferesticated tribe in Africa cheesy
they never tried it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by mpianya39(m): 1:25am On Apr 01, 2018
Emir of Iwoland” because he wants to emulate the attitudes of northern Emirs. According to Oluwo, Northern traditional rulers are better behaved than his counterparts from the Southwest saying Yoruba Obas are full of bickering, acrimony and enmities. He said Yoruba traditional rulers lacks cooperation and expected royal characters saying the Yoruba Obas have been polarized owing to enmities. Oba Akanbi said until Yoruba Obas come together, shun enmities and backbiting, Hausas would continue to rule Nigeria. “I have decided to officially adopt Emir title today because I want to emulate the attitudes of Northern Emirs. They don’t begrudge themselves like Yoruba Obas. ” It will surprise you to discover that for the past two years, there has not been meeting of Yoruba traditional rulers just because of enmities. There is nothing strange in adopting Emir title. I am the Emir of Yorubaland,” Oluwo said.

Tiger face at it again grin grin grin

The highly sophisticated Emir of Yorubaland cheesy cheesy cheesy
Very grounded when it comes to skull minning business grin
Advance fees and wire wire business grin grin

Tested and truested when it comes to their trademark business
Of backbiting grin grin grin

Eziokwu adi ozii angry

6 Likes

Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by Blue3k(m): 1:28am On Apr 01, 2018
Lol someone can wake up tomorrow and change title. His reason for change are hilarious. The guy even brushed off his fellow Muslim experts to declare himself the Emir of the state. This topic is a good laugh.

According to Oluwo, Northern traditional rulers are better behaved than his counterparts from the Southwest saying Yoruba Obas are full of bickering, acrimony and enmities. He said Yoruba traditional rulers lacks cooperation and expected royal characters saying the Yoruba Obas have been polarized owing to enmities. Oba Akanbi said until Yoruba Obas come together, shun enmities and backbiting, Hausas would continue to rule Nigeria. “I have decided to officially adopt Emir title today because I want to emulate the attitudes of Northern Emirs.

There is nothing strange in adopting Emir title. I am the Emir of Yorubaland,” Oluwo said. Meanwhile, amid tight security presence, Oba Akanbi installed and turbarned an Islamic scholar, Sheikh Yahquub Abdul-Baaqi Mohammed as first Waziri of Yoruba land.

Front Page: lalasticlala
Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by Ratello: 1:29am On Apr 01, 2018
You wonder why they call them Afonjas and Hausa Slaves?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by madridguy(m): 2:25am On Apr 01, 2018
Fulani blood is not for everyone. Stick to your igbo abeg tongue

Bede2u:

1 Like

Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by Bede2u(m): 2:37am On Apr 01, 2018
madridguy:
Fulani blood is not for everyone. Stick to your igbo abeg tongue

tongue just like Igbo blood is not for slaves and cowards who die ten times b4 their death

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Controversy: Yoruba Oba Drops Title, Becomes Emir by Nobody: 4:48am On Apr 01, 2018
The Spirit of Afonja lives on.

Scrap these stupid traditional rulers who held down our ancestors for over 10000 years.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Coronavirus: How Abba Kyari sabotaged the Health Ministry / CBN Opposes Bid To Remove Arabic From Naira Note / We’re Not Part Of Any Biafra Agenda But’ll Negotiate For Ijaw Republic-INC Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.