Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat (107900 Views)

Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Selling Fast Like Pure Water / New Classified Website In Town Where Items Sells Fast Like Fire. / How To Get Faster Browsing Speed While Using Your Smartphone's Hotspot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by Ebios(m): 5:58am On Apr 09, 2018
God bless u sir....It's working
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by Nobody: 6:34am On Apr 09, 2018
janellemonae:

On my samsung s6 edge, once i unclick 'unspecified' and click 'LTE' and the other four, my whole internet network icon (at d top of the phone) just goes off and i cant access the internet at all.
Seems i can only browse when its on 'unspecified'.

Is there a reason for this? Everything else is normal and my apn is gloflat.
don't click the LTE.

Just the other 4 options below the LTE and save.
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by Steverth123: 7:36am On Apr 09, 2018
[quote author=oduz post=66331221]Thanks for sharing .... [/quote it's worked grin
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by kaymical(m): 7:56am On Apr 09, 2018
Pls bro what if the SIM is not 4G?
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by edlion57(m): 8:42am On Apr 09, 2018
Nice one
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by tIce(m): 9:30am On Apr 09, 2018
I bought Glo sim 4moths ago, I subscribed and regretted it cos twas too slow..... let me go dust my sim nd sub again with this trick. I hope I don't regret this too oo

1 Like

Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by suckmyPENIS: 10:22am On Apr 09, 2018
On 3g

Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by Rikidony(m): 11:36am On Apr 09, 2018
@Princeofnigeria pls i am using a sony xperia XA with android version 6.0.

my problem is that under the bearer, i only have 3 options to selct which is LTE, eHRPD, Unspecified, unfortunately i dont have other options pls what can i do to get them, or wat else can i do
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by tIce(m): 12:02pm On Apr 09, 2018
tIce:
I bought Glo sim 4moths ago, I subscribed and regretted it cos twas too slow..... let me go dust my sim nd sub again with this trick. I hope I don't regret this too oo

hy guys as said earlier, d last time I browsed with my glo sim is about 3months plus few days. thoo it's always available on my small phone.
I inserted it in my Android phone about 2hours ago but it's not bringing 3g or 2g. pls how does glo operate now, do I need to have an active data before 3g or 2g comes up? cos on mtn sim even if I don't have an active data plan, the 3g will still be there tho it won't browse.
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by Blessamaka(f): 1:08pm On Apr 09, 2018
Please how can I go to my Glo access point settings?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by duwdu: 5:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
Blessamaka:
Please how can I go to my Glo access point settings?

State the full make, model, and the version of the Android/other OS of/on your phone; hopefully someone who knows the phone well can then use such info to guide you through the appropriate menus.

P34c3
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by iXavier: 5:53pm On Apr 09, 2018
tIce:

hy guys as said earlier, d last time I browsed with my glo sim is about 3months plus few days. thoo it's always available on my small phone.
I inserted it in my Android phone about 2hours ago but it's not bringing 3g or 2g. pls how does glo operate now, do I need to have an active data before 3g or 2g comes up? cos on mtn sim even if I don't have an active data plan, the 3g will still be there tho it won't browse.

Yes, you need an active data plan before it actually shows
They did it to stop that cheat that people were using then
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by Yhemmy1975: 9:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
Is not working for my phone... am using Samsung galaxy grand prime plus
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by tIce(m): 11:26pm On Apr 09, 2018
iXavier:

Yes, you need an active data plan before it actually shows They did it to stop that cheat that people were using then
thanks mate

1 Like

Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by Rick9(m): 12:07am On Apr 10, 2018
pdppower:
It keeps going back to unspecified. What else should I do
After selecting it dont exit it, just minimize it and start browsing
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by Rick9(m): 12:12am On Apr 10, 2018
mhozzis:
It changes back to 'unspecified' soon as I hit the back button to save.
Don't hit back button. Just minimize it.
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by jaycoustic: 2:13pm On Apr 10, 2018
Ambitionsway:

I no see that last image for my phone oooo
Scroll right. You 'lol see it
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by whiteprince(m): 5:02pm On Apr 10, 2018
Here is mine in abuja
Glo On my hot 5
Just lunched today from jumia

Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by whiteprince(m): 5:06pm On Apr 10, 2018
On H+

Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by funshyboi(m): 11:39am On Apr 11, 2018
Followed every instructions, but slow as ever. Anything else to do?
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by funshyboi(m): 11:43am On Apr 11, 2018
whiteprince:
Here is mine in abuja
Glo On my hot 5
Just lunched today from jumia

Using hot 5 too, but it's still slow
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by whiteprince(m): 12:57pm On Apr 11, 2018
funshyboi:

Using hot 5 too, but it's still slow
where do u stay?
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by Maro4u(m): 3:04pm On Apr 11, 2018
Hehehe

Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by funshyboi(m): 3:32pm On Apr 11, 2018
whiteprince:
where do u stay?

Ibadan
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by whiteprince(m): 5:37pm On Apr 11, 2018
funshyboi:

Ibadan
me day Abj o
Capital City
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by duwdu: 8:05pm On Apr 11, 2018
duwdu:

This is a very good catch, I should think...only my device on 6.0 supports the options listed by the OP; those running 5.1 and under, don't. But further testing continues. Thanks for posting.

In the meantime, many thanks to the OP/thread owner for the original post.

P34c3

I upgraded my Android 5.1 device (which did not support the full range of network Bearers as posted by the OP) to Android 7.1.1 and ALL the Bands now show up...and active, and work.

This development, together with what I wrote in my above quote, is to me conclusive proof that, on the Android platform, the full network "Bearer" choices are supported ONLY on devices running Android OS 6.0 and newer.

Thread owner/@OP, you may want to include this info in your First Post, so as to save future readers the frustration of trying to make your otherwise very good method work on Android phones running OS'es older than 6.0 (Marshmallow.)

P34c3

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by funshyboi(m): 2:26pm On Apr 12, 2018
whiteprince:
me day Abj o
Capital City

And that's supposed to mean what?

Does that influence any connectivity?
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by maisauki: 3:39pm On Apr 12, 2018
janellemonae:

On my samsung s6 edge, once i unclick 'unspecified' and click 'LTE' and the other four, my whole internet network icon (at d top of the phone) just goes off and i cant access the internet at all.
Seems i can only browse whenb its on 'unspecified'.

Is there a reason for this? Everything else is normal and my apn is gloflat.
same here on my w3lte
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by profeoo(m): 7:04pm On Apr 12, 2018
duwdu:

I upgraded my Android 5.1 device (which did not support the full range of network Bearers as posted by the OP) to Android 7.1.1 and ALL the Bands now show up...and active, and work.

This development, together with what I wrote in my above quote, is to me conclusive proof that, on the Android platform, the full network "Bearer" choices are supported ONLY on devices running Android OS 6.0 and newer.

Thread owner/@OP, you may want to include this info in your First Post, so as to save future readers the frustration of trying to make your otherwise very good method work on Android phones running OS'es older than 6.0 (Marshmallow.)

P34c3
Thanks for the insight...I use an infinix hot note and I'm currently running on Android 5.0 Marshmallow, if I carry out an upgrade,will there be any consequences apart from rooted aspect? Also how many gig do I need for the upgrade?
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by duwdu: 7:52pm On Apr 12, 2018
profeoo:
Thanks for the insight...I use an infinix hot note and I'm currently running on Android 5.0 Marshmallow, if I carry out an upgrade,will there be any consequences apart from rooted aspect? Also how many gig do I need for the upgrade?

5.x is Lollipop, and is indeed earlier than Marshmallow, which is 6.x.

As for how to upgrade and the data needed, I honestly don't know much about Infinix devices; you may need to seek help on the various threads on this forum devoted to Infinix devices.

P34c3
Re: How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat by bigdot1759(m): 8:03pm On Apr 12, 2018
chai I dey ibadan oooo e don dey fast now thanks Op ur head dey deir

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Tecno D5 full Specifications and review / The Best Tecno Android Phones In Nigeria (october 2013) / A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.