Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,609 members, 7,823,652 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

I Want To Know If I Should Travel Or I Stay In Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Want To Know If I Should Travel Or I Stay In Nigeria (2894 Views)

Should I Stay and Complete My PhD Or Accept a 30 NZD Per Hour Job In New Zealand / Should I Travel Or Do Business? / Should I Stay Home And Start Goat Farming Or I Should Travel To Poland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Know If I Should Travel Or I Stay In Nigeria by Igeope3914: 3:01pm On Apr 02, 2018
Unlimited22:

How good are you on the internet?
Look at freelance programming and e-commerce since you're not good with business ideas, although to succeed anywhere you MUST have a business idea.
Work alone won't make you rich.
Also, a Nigerian qualification in Canada is nearly worthless especially in a regulated profession, and 2m is certainly incapable of handling the student costs except you're on a scholarship program.
Do more research, and look at the express entry program.
thank you for the advice I am good on internet and I will do more research please for the express entry like how many month can it take me to get my visa if I put all my effort ?
Re: I Want To Know If I Should Travel Or I Stay In Nigeria by Goldenegg: 6:07pm On Apr 02, 2018
Igeope3914:
thank you for the advice I am good on internet and I will do more research please for the express entry like how many month can it take me to get my visa if I put all my effort ?

For the express entry, you have to first write the IELTS English test, then send your certificate for evaluation (WES). The WES takes time cos your school has to send your transcripts to WES, and no one has control on the timing here.

After getting IELTS and WES, then you can now go ahead and create express entry profile on cic website. Every claim you make must have supporting document.
The process can be cumbersome but it's doable. If you persevere you will achieve at the end. Good luck and God's grace.
Re: I Want To Know If I Should Travel Or I Stay In Nigeria by eldee365: 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2018
@op

What course did you study in the university?

Did you graduate with 2.1? because Canadian universities accept minimum of 2.1 for Nigeria graduates for masters.

your best option is either the Express entry or student route.

So tell us... your course and cgpa grade first!.

Lastly the Express entry requires 12,300 Canadian dollars that's more than 2m i guess.
Re: I Want To Know If I Should Travel Or I Stay In Nigeria by pat077: 8:43pm On Apr 02, 2018
hammed71:
he should try the express entry route instead of student.
without work experience
Re: I Want To Know If I Should Travel Or I Stay In Nigeria by Igeope3914: 9:57pm On Apr 02, 2018
pat077:
without work experience
I have a year work experience I mean my services year can’t I use that
Re: I Want To Know If I Should Travel Or I Stay In Nigeria by frankie2K(m): 11:02pm On Apr 02, 2018
I will advice you go to Finland with that money. take your time and practice for PTE ACADEMIC English exam. hopefully u will get scholarship with good SOP. then apply for your resident permit with the money depisited in ur account. hope ur cgpa reach 3.something?
Re: I Want To Know If I Should Travel Or I Stay In Nigeria by Igeope3914: 7:44am On Apr 03, 2018
frankie2K:
I will advice you go to Finland with that money. take your time and practice for PTE ACADEMIC English exam. hopefully u will get scholarship with good SOP. then apply for your resident permit with the money depisited in ur account. hope ur cgpa reach 3.something?
yes my CGPA is 3.3 but I don’t know much about Finland can you tell me more about Finland
Re: I Want To Know If I Should Travel Or I Stay In Nigeria by frankie2K(m): 8:20am On Apr 03, 2018
Igeope3914:
yes my CGPA is 3.3 but I don’t know much about Finland can you tell me more about Finland
nice. the next admission round is from november 2018. go and search studying in finland free tuition in this forum and get much infos. check www.uaf.fi and www.studyinfo.fi for details
Re: I Want To Know If I Should Travel Or I Stay In Nigeria by Igeope3914: 8:48am On Apr 03, 2018
frankie2K:

nice. the next admission round is from november 2018. go and search studying in finland free tuition in this forum and get much infos. check www.uaf.fi and www.studyinfo.fi for details
please do you know anybody that have done this before please you can link me with the person so that I will get direct information from the person I want to know about all the process the school fees and life after school
Re: I Want To Know If I Should Travel Or I Stay In Nigeria by Igeope3914: 8:53am On Apr 03, 2018
frankie2K:

I need to consider the tution fee and the universities that is best for me to chose and the cities and how I will go about everything
Re: I Want To Know If I Should Travel Or I Stay In Nigeria by frankie2K(m): 9:46pm On Apr 03, 2018
Igeope3914:
I need to consider the tution fee and the universities that is best for me to chose and the cities and how I will go about everything
i advised you seek for 100% schilarship. 80% of admitted students get schilarships. check this forum for studying in finland. do d research
Re: I Want To Know If I Should Travel Or I Stay In Nigeria by luvluvluv: 3:38pm On Apr 18, 2018
Jay8901:
If you decide to travel, i can recommend a company that will facilitate a Study visa for 4 yrs and then you take it from there after they help u secure ur visa. Plus they help u get advice on what best suits u.

Pls call me

(1) (2) (Reply)

Welcome To Yola, The City Nigerians Forgot! / Program in Europe / At Age 47,what Prospects Are There To Check Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.