Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! (69570 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dyabman(m): 12:36pm On May 24, 2010
coming in                        going out

Forlan                            Rooney
Fortune                         Carrick
Zaki                               Evra
Sinama pongolle            Vidic
Veron                            flecther

Mourinho Sir Alex ferguson

what a squad ! grin shocked
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by lalaboi(m): 12:37pm On May 24, 2010
yabman. . . u nor put Ferguson Off then Mourinho IN? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 24, 2010
dyabman:

coming in going out
Forlan Rooney
Fortune Carrick
Zaki Evra
Sinama pongolle Vidic
Veron flecther

what a squad ! grin shocked
Taken your pills today?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dyabman(m): 12:44pm On May 24, 2010
Eastbay:

Taken your pills today?

Not yet . . . but hey ,we are on the same side at the International Level  . . . ORANGE BOYS! for Live!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 24, 2010
^^^^
Abi,even if they are likely to disappoint us again. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by dayokanu(m): 4:03pm On May 24, 2010
^^ Like they always do.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 7:45am On May 25, 2010
did anybody see that useless Carrick last nite?
crap
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Ibime(m): 8:01am On May 25, 2010
Carrick is suffering a public loss of confidence. . . .he has not recovered from what Xavi and Iniesta did to him in UCL final. . . . we have seen the same thing with Paulo Ferreira at Chelsea where he was never the same again after Ronaldinho disgraced him in 2006! grin

Or perhaps Carrick just had one good year in 07/08, and is now revealing his true colours. . . grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 8:33am On May 25, 2010
dayokanu:

^^ Like they always do.
At least we will whoop those over-rated Germans,if we get to meet.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 9:44am On May 25, 2010
Ibime:

Carrick is suffering a public loss of confidence. . . .he has not recovered from what Xavi and Iniesta did to him in UCL final. . . . we have seen the same thing with Paulo Ferreira at Chelsea where he was never the same again after Ronaldinho disgraced him in 2006! grin

Or perhaps Carrick just had one good year in 07/08, and is now revealing his true colours. . . grin
so is Man UTD a rehabiliation center for deadwoods?

if his form is dead, then he should go to a dead club and not put us into trouble

If carrick didnt play against Bayern, we would have won our 4th UCL trophy by now
i think we should never buy anybody from spurs anymore.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Sauron1: 10:17am On May 25, 2010
Ibime:

And yet Ibime's selective amnesia kicks into PLAY again.
Michael Carrick was better than any Chelsea midfielder in 06/07 and 07/08.

To be fair, he's been shyte in the current season
Had he maintained his consistency, i strongly believe United woulda won their 4th title in a row.

This is the first time his midfield has failed to win a league title since Carrick joined Man Utd.
Not too many midfielders can boast of that - I say give him one more season to prove himself.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 10:59am On May 25, 2010
This is the first time his midfield has failed to win a league title since Carrick joined Man Utd.
Not too many midfielders can boast of that - I say give him one more season to prove himself.

so if he fails to live up to the billing again, we lose another title?

so we must suffer for his loss of form?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Sauron1: 11:02am On May 25, 2010
tkb417:

so if he fails to live up to the billing again, we lose another title?

so we must suffer for his loss of form?

If we had sold Fletcher, Nani, Rio, Evra and Vidic when they were out of form, we would never have known how good they are.
Managing a team takes a whole loads of patience.

Carrick has spent 4 seasons in Man Utd - His midfield had won 3 of those.
By all means, he deserves AT LEAST one more season to prove himself.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 11:42am On May 25, 2010
~Sauron~:

If we had sold Fletcher, Nani, Rio, Evra and Vidic when they were out of form, we would never have known how good they are.
Managing a team takes a whole loads of patience.

Carrick has spent 4 seasons in Man Utd - His midfield had won 3 of those.
By all means, he deserves AT LEAST one more season to prove himself.
i cant remember when the people u listed were off form for ONE GOOD SEASON

i think he deserves to be 'repatriated' to spurs
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Sauron1: 11:46am On May 25, 2010
tkb417:

i cant remember when the people u listed were off form for ONE GOOD SEASON

i think he deserves to be 'repatriated' to spurs

Evra(05/06)
Vidic(05/06)
Rio(04/05 + 05/06)
Fletcher(05/06 + 06/07 + 07/08)
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by jalether(m): 12:11pm On May 25, 2010
~Sauron~:

Evra(05/06)
Vidic(05/06)
Rio(04/05 + 05/06)

add Rio 09/10 and berbatov 08/09+09/10 to the list as well.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Sauron1: 12:15pm On May 25, 2010
jalether:

Rio had 13 league appearances in 38. . . . . .I dunno how that suggests he had a bad form.
Renties cannot reason even if their lives depended on it.

Berbatov had a fantastic season in 2009/10.
In 08/09, he was even better than Tevez and Rooney put together.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 25, 2010
@Sauron,
Sudden change of heart on Carrick?
I know he was magnificent in the previous three seasons before this.His case is just down to confidence.
He can do better:he doesn't need to be discarded.Like you said,thisseason should be enough to justify that fat transfer fee.He skinned the Arse at the Emirati with his passing and vision.The first goal came of a cross field pass to Nani from him.
Leave people with selective memories (e.g. Ibime) to forget the 06/07 and 08/09 when Carrick out played his beloved Lampard to three titles.
jalether:

Really?Rio who's been injured since late 2008?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 12:16pm On May 25, 2010
~Sauron~:

Evra(05/06)
Vidic(05/06)
Rio(04/05 + 05/06)

you call the debut seasons for Evra and Vida off seasons? how? they were just coming to terms with the realities in EPL and it took them time to adjust

RIO has always been erratic and as we are now, we dont have adequate replacements. when we do, we can offload and besides, RIO brings a lot of experience to fore whenever he plays

Fletcher has always been like Oshea. neither here nor there. hes just raising his game. i can safely say Fletcher is just playing like a UTD player should play. He was never up to scratch so why label him as if he was ever a brilliant player.

can you remember how Keano described him and some others? they were never good enuff just until recently so ur off form theory wont hold here

Carrick on the other hand has always been a good player. Spurs and his first 3 years in UTD. but what he displayed this year was abysymal compared to his past efforts.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 25, 2010
@tkb,
If you weren't a Manc,I woulda sworn you were under the influence of a witch-doctor's spell.
How can you say what you just did about Fletcher?
That dude is the most-underrated fella in the EPL.He ran outta steam last season 09/10,but he's been immense for United.
There's no-one with his combative spirit in our squad right now.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by jalether(m): 12:20pm On May 25, 2010
What has rio done in the 13 lge games he played this season?

and at the berbatov comment, I hope you were joking sauron.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 12:24pm On May 25, 2010
Eastbay:

@tkb,
If you weren't a Manc,I woulda sworn you were under the influence of a witch-doctor's spell.
How can you say what you just did about Fletcher?
That dude is the most-underrated fella in the EPL.He ran outta steam last season 09/10,but he's been immense for United.
There's no-one with his combative spirit in our squad right now.
look at the seasons Sauron highlighted

those were the days when fletcher and oshea were paralympians in UTD

im sure ive been watching Manchester United for many many years and i know quality when i see one
The Fletcher we know now isnt the Fletcher i used to know- the 2 different people
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Sauron1: 12:24pm On May 25, 2010
tkb417:

you call the debut seasons for Evra and Vida off seasons? how? they were just coming to terms with the realities in EPL and it took them time to adjust

Why should it take seasoned professionals TIME to adjust to the EPL.
Vermaelen had a better debut season than Vida and Evra did for Man Utd.

RIO has always been erratic and as we are now, we dont have adequate replacements. when we do, we can offload and besides, RIO brings a lot of experience to fore whenever he plays

Rio has been the best defender in this country for the past 4-5 seasons.
There's no question about what he brings to the team. His back problems hindered his performance this season and he said he lied about the extent of his injury to SAF so he can play more games. He wasn't fit to play at all in the games he copped earlier in the season.

Fletcher has always been like Oshea. neither here nor there. hes just raising his game. i can safely say Fletcher is just playing like a UTD player should play. He was never up to scratch so why label him as if he was ever a brilliant player.

Fletcher had his moments - He single-handedly steamrolled Jose's Chelsea in the peak of their powers in 2005.
I also remember Fletcher giving Vieira, Edu and Gilberto Silva some football lessons in the FA cup semis of 2004 at the age of 20.

can you remember how Keano described him and some others? they were never good enuff just until recently so your off form theory wont hold here

But if we had sold him when Keano berated him, it woulda been a monumental loss for Man Utd.
Asking Carrick to be sold now is a tad premature. . . . .He could have a blinder again next season.
How many times have Paul Scholes looked dead n buried only for him to come back to LIFE and contribute immensely to the CAUSE?
Form is temporary, class is permanent. Michael Carrick is a brilliant midfielder - I have seen enough of him to know.

Carrick on the other hand has always been a good player. Spurs and his first 3 years in UTD. but what he displayed this year was abysymal compared to his past efforts.

I agree but it does not mean he cannot raise his game back and gave us the performances of his first 3 seasons at Man Utd.

jalether:

What has rio done in the 13 lge games he played this season?

Ferdinand

P13 W10 D1 L2 PTS31

If we transpose that over the course of a season, Man Utd woulda won without hassles.

and at the berbatov comment, I hope you were joking sauron.

How can i possibly joke?
United lost 2 of their best players in Ronaldo and Tevez and all Chelsea had to show for that was a solitary point.
Of course, Berbatov was fecking fantastic last season. He ran more and created more only for his team-mates to squander the chances.
The world-class pass he gave Valencia against Blackburn will linger in me memory for years. Had Valencia scored that, Carlotti wlda been sacked.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 12:25pm On May 25, 2010
@jalether,
13 games is by no means a guide to judge any form.period.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by jalether(m): 12:26pm On May 25, 2010
tkb417:

can you remember how Keano described him and some others? they were never good enuff just until recently so your off form theory wont hold here

Carrick has performed fantastically for utd until this season, helping the team win 3 epl titles in a row yet he should be offloaded based on 1 awful season,

totally disregarding his previous valuable contributions. but players like fletcher and nani who only recently stepped up to the plate should be retained.

I don't get that logic
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by jalether(m): 12:31pm On May 25, 2010
Eastbay:

@jalether,
13 games is by no means a guide to judge any form.period.

13 games is sufficient to judge a world class player's form, if an average or shitty player was in question then that assertion may have applied

world class players earn their status based on "consistency". that is the key factor that separates the men from the boys

as a footie fan you expect these players to atleast give a decent/acceptable level of performance each time they take to the field.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 12:31pm On May 25, 2010
jalether:

Carrick has performed fantastically for utd until this season, helping the team win 3 epl titles in a row yet he should be offloaded based on 1 awful season,

totally disregarding his previous valuable contributions. but players like fletcher and nani who only recently stepped up to the plate should be retained.

I don't get that logic
simple
its a professional football club where only the best plays. the reason why we still have peeps like Gary, Oshea and co is cos of SAF, any right thinking man would have auctioned them one time. if SAF's methodlogy is close to what Mourinho does, UTD would have won the UCL like 6 times

UTD is not an academy, when you lose form, go to a lower club.Can you remember Mateja Kezman, Asel Del Horno, SWP and co. where are they?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 25, 2010
jalether:

I don't get that logic
Both were before now bit-part/stop-gap players.How do you offload bit-part players who have shown you genuine promise.If there was any time Fletcher shoulda been sent away,that time has passed.He's become integral to the United side.Same with Nani.
Carrick has earned the right to play for another season.3 straight EPL titles is proof of that.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Sauron1: 12:33pm On May 25, 2010
jalether:

I don't get that logic

TKB is high on shekpe as usual.
Carrick should be sold because he had a horrible season once in his United career----Na wa o.
Chelsea shoulda sold Drogba 2 seasons ago when he scored 9 goals in 33 appearances by his logic.

tkb417:

simple
its a professional football club where only the best plays. the reason why we still have peeps like Gary, Oshea and co is cos of SAF, any right thinking man would have auctioned them one time. if SAF's methodlogy is close to what Mourinho does, UTD would have won the UCL like 6 times

UTD is not an academy, when you lose form, go to a lower club.Can you remember Mateja Kezman, Asel Del Horno, SWP and co. where are they?

And there is the difference between Jose Mourinho and Alex Ferguson.

Mourinho is a short-term manager. He gets a job. . . .Buys the players he wants, weed off the ones that doesn't fit into his plans and then win titles.
No future plans for youth players or players that are WORK-IN-PROGRESS.
As soon as Mourinho wins everything that country has to offer, he leaves em and move to another league.
How many clubs has Mourinho managed now in 5 years?

U wanna compare that to SAF who has to bed in players, take his time and patience and build several title-winning teams?
Please pass the weed you are smoking to the dude on your left side.
This analogy is way off the mark. There's a universe of difference between a short-term manager and a long-term manager.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 12:34pm On May 25, 2010
But if we had sold him when Keano berated him, it woulda been a monumental loss for Man Utd.
Asking Carrick to be sold now is a tad premature. . . . .He could have a blinder again next season.
How many times have Paul Scholes looked dead n buried only for him to come back to LIFE and contribute immensely to the CAUSE?
Form is temporary, class is permanent. Michael Carrick is a brilliant midfielder - I have seen enough of him to know.
okie dokie

i drop all my comments on Carrick. your points are valid
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 25, 2010
jalether:

13 games is sufficient to judge a world class player's form, if an average or shitty player was in question then that assertion may have applied

world class players earn their status based on "consistency". that is the key factor that separates the men from the boys

as a footie fan you expect these players to atleast give a decent/acceptable level of performance each time they take to the field.
Bros,
It's not like he just signed a contract.You know Ferdie.He doesn't need to prove squat to nobody.He did that as far as 2001 when he was part of Leeds United's side that got as far as the Semis of the UCL.
He's been out with back injuries of varying degrees since the World Club Cup in 2008.And he played those 13 games in patches.Not at a stretch.Surely you can't be judging any form on that,can you?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: Red Devils' Zone! by tkb417(m): 12:36pm On May 25, 2010
~Sauron~:

TKB is high on shekpe as usual.
Carrick should be sold because he had a horrible season once in his United career----Na wa o.
Chelsea shoulda sold Drogba 2 seasons ago when he scored 9 goals in 33 appearances by his logic.
shshhh i dont drink shekpe

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (100)

Manchester United vs Southampton (2 - 2) On 13th July 2020 / Champions League Group Stage Draw On 27th August 2015 / UEFA Changed The Formation Of Their Team Of The Year To Accommodate Ronaldo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.