Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,410 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi (7741 Views)

I Withdrawal My Total Support For Pmb Not Being Able To Tackle Security- Sarrki / APC Is In Total Control Of INEC, El-Rufai & Zakari In Charge Of ICT - PDP / Why Oyo State Government Is Wrong To Have Demolished Yinka Aiyefele's Property (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by nku5: 6:53am On Apr 04, 2018
5thElement:

And I hope for the unborn generation you are actually an aborted foetus typing on here, but I guess that's too much to hope for.

We only have to wait and see as your generation rue the day you were born.

This is your reality

"At plenary on Tuesday, the lawmakers said some violent groups — “sometimes consisting of insurgents and foreigners from neighbouring countries” — have been camping in over 200 villages in the state for about three weeks.

They said while some of the insurgents rob and kidnap people for ransom, some of their counterparts “storm villages to maim, loot and even kill in search of food, money and shelter”.

The deliberations were sequel to a motion of urgent public importance raised by Bosun Oladele, from Oyo state.

Oladele said villagers and farmers living in the affected villages have fled the area and taken cover in neighbouring communities.

He said eight persons have died from the attacks while “more than 15 persons have been kidnapped for ransom, some resulting in fatalities and gunshot injuries”.
Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by Truthcat: 6:58am On Apr 04, 2018
The only thing worse than what oluwo did is you ibos following Yoruba around wherever they go. Yoruba have forgotten about this, but you ibos are still wailing over it. Is there anything else you people use your heads to think about other than Yoruba?

3 Likes

Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 04, 2018
nku5:

[s]
This is your reality

"At plenary on Tuesday, the lawmakers said some violent groups — “sometimes consisting of insurgents and foreigners from neighbouring countries” — have been camping in over 200 villages in the state for about three weeks.

They said while some of the insurgents rob and kidnap people for ransom, some of their counterparts “storm villages to maim, loot and even kill in search of food, money and shelter”.

The deliberations were sequel to a motion of urgent public importance raised by Bosun Oladele, from Oyo state.

Oladele said villagers and farmers living in the affected villages have fled the area and taken cover in neighbouring communities.

He said eight persons have died from the attacks while “more than 15 persons have been kidnapped for ransom, some resulting in fatalities and gunshot injuries”.[/s]
Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by ofai: 7:21am On Apr 04, 2018
The afonja story of Ilorin is actually replaying itself in Iwo, only this time the ngbatis are trying to apply damage control.
Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by Nobody: 7:31am On Apr 04, 2018
5thElement:

Oo ni laakaye. Ti o ba ni laakaye ni o ye ki o ye e wipe kii se ori thread ti omo Igbo shi lati fi maa soro si awa Yoruba loye ki o ti ma so gbogbo eleyi.

Ti o ba ni laakaye ni, o ye ki o mo wipe a ni lati koko le kolokolo lo na ki a to ma ba adiye wi.

If you don't understand the proverb in that last statement give it to an interpreter ki o tunmo e fun e.

You aren't the only Yoruba who is a Christian on this forum, mind you.

Ti a ba ta ara ile eni ni opo a o le ri ra pada ni owon. (Another proverb)

Awa wi tai wi o wa so wipe ki Yoruba ronu. Se iwo ronu bayi. Ti o ba ronu jinle wa ri wipe awon omo Igbo fe fi esin ko eyin omo Yoruba si ara won.

We know the ploy of the recalcitrant Yoruba bashers, especially of Igbo origin on this forum.

Their constant use of the phrase " Yoruba Moslems" gives them away as being jealous of the peace that exists in Yorubaland and so, they want to employ the use of divide and conquer tactic.

The Oluwo of Iwo land should be deposed and the crown given to someone else since he doesn't want to be the Oluwo anymore.

That's my submission. And if you're going to make your point, you should open another thread for it. Latching yourself to this thread to insult your fellow Yorubas because of religion shows that YOU are the traitor and you've allowed this fool of an op who despises everything Yoruba to convince you that Yorubas are indeed different because of religion.

You can see the way they've been jumping up and down since the news broke and you thought he actually opened this thread to sympathize with you.

O din ojo kan leni ti awon omo Igbo, awon irankiran maa te ni ile Yoruba. Wo n je, wo n mu, wo n yo faalala ni ile Yoruba bi idun ti o bo sori aatan, won wa n yo suti ete si wa.

Iwo wa nn gbeja won, nitori esin abi nitori omo Igbo ti o n fe abi? Se omo Yoruba to daju ni iwo yii sha?

The Rwandan war between the Hutu and the Tutsi will be child's play when sh1t hits the fan.

Let them continue. Je ki won maa baa lo.

Ogbeni shut your dirty mouth. Some of us Yoruba Christians are not that dumb to see through your deceits. we can see through your Islamic fanaticism and the desperation to look like Fulani, please your Fulani masters and sell Yoruba on the plater of religion. You Yoruba Moslems are nothing but slaves and it shall never be well with all you saboteurs for brining this shame and ridicule to Yoruba. This is a costly mistake that people outside will use to taunt us forever.

how can a royalty desecrate the tradition and history of his own people, ass lick the Fulani and embrace the emir title. he went further by declaring an Hausa the waziri of Yoruba land...who does that? if not a stupid, accursed Yoruba muslim slave. Yoruba Muslims are the useful idiots, accursed slaves FFK talked about.

We can never be one with you sellouts. You can't continue to speak for the Yoruba because most Yoruba Christians are laid back and docile. so speak for yourself and your fellow islambad dirty Yoruba Muslims. nonsense

5 Likes

Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 04, 2018
Cretaceous:

[s]Ogbeni shut your dirty mouth. Some of us Yoruba Christians are not that dumb to see through your deceits. we can see through your Islamic fanaticism and the desperation to look like Fulani, please your Fulani masters and sell Yo gtruba on the plater of religion. You Yoruba Moslems are nothing but slaves and it shall never be well with all you saboteurs for brining this shame and ridicule to Yoruba. This is a costly mistake that people outside will use to taunt us forever.

how can a royalty desecrate the tradition and history of his own people, ass lick the Fulani and embrace the emir title. he went further by declaring an Hausa the waziri of Yoruba land...who does that? if not a stupid, accursed Yoruba muslim slave. Yoruba Muslims are the useful idiots, accursed slaves FFK talked about.

We can never be one with you sellouts. You can't continue to speak for the Yoruba because most Yoruba Christians are laid back and docile. so speak for yourself and your fellow islambad dirty Yoruba Muslims. nonsense[/s]

When you get home tell your parents to shut their mouths.

Didn't read the trash you typed there. You aren't worth my time of day. So, fvck off.

1 Like

Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by Nobody: 7:42am On Apr 04, 2018
5thElement:

When you get home tell your parents to shut their mouths.

Didn't read the trash you typed there. You aren't worth my time of day. So, fvck off.

Modern day Afonja...What a disgusting piece of Islamic shi.t! spits on your bald Islamic head...

4 Likes

Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 04, 2018
Cretaceous:

Modern day Afonja...What a disgusting piece of Islamic shi.t! spits on your bald Islamic head...

Finally, you disclose your true identity.

Your vituperations are the result of frustrations, I get it.

No job, no wife, no life outside of NL etc.

My condolences.

When you decide at your old age to finally get a life outside of Nairaland you'll understand why the joke is on you.

Keep on spitting up and down. Hopefully, Igbo Moslems are reading all this.

1 Like

Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by Nobody: 8:01am On Apr 04, 2018
5thElement:

Finally, you disclose your true identity.

Your vituperations are the result of frustrations, I get it.

No job, no wife, no life outside of NL etc.

My condolences.

When you decide at your old age to finally get a life outside of Nairaland you'll understand why the joke is on you.

Keep on spitting up and down. Hopefully, Igbo Moslems are reading all this.

I'm better than what your father, mother and all your forebears will ever dream to be. A BMC zombie surviving on 30k feeling funkyyy..Learn to respect those who you cannot untie their shoe lace in real life. I won't touch a Islamic fanatic like you with a 10ft pole in real life. I'm far better than you in every ramification. I have a better job than you and better career than your pathetic self. I'm sure a messenger at my organisation earns more than your senile father that survives on 18k minimum wage. idiot

3 Likes

Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 04, 2018
Cretaceous:

I'm better than what your father, mother and all your forebears will ever dream to be. A BMC zombie surviving on 30k feeling funkyyy..Learn to respect those who you cannot untie their shoe lace in real life. I won't touch a Islamic fanatic like you with a 10ft pole in real life. I'm far better than you in every ramification. I have a better job than you and better career than your pathetic self. I'm sure a messenger at my organisation earns more than your senile father that survives on 18k minimum wage. idiot

Lol. Roaming around like a homeless ghoul on Nairaland doesn't count as a job.

I'm sure Seun isn't paying you to be a troll on this forum.

Try harder. Your desperation is beginning to show. Desperate you prove that you are what you can only dream of at the moment...

Your hatred keeps blocking God's grace from your miserable life.

Drop your phone and go and look for work ogbeni.

Stop feeding off your folks at this age of yours. cheesy
Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by BERNIMOORE: 8:27am On Apr 04, 2018
Cretaceous:

Ogbeni shut your dirty mouth. Some of us Yoruba Christians are not that dumb to see through your deceits. we can see through your Islamic fanaticism and the desperation to look like Fulani, please your Fulani masters and sell Yoruba on the plater of religion. You Yoruba Moslems are nothing but slaves and it shall never be well with all you saboteurs for brining this shame and ridicule to Yoruba. This is a costly mistake that people outside will use to taunt us forever.

We can never be one with you sellouts. You can't continue to speak for the Yoruba because most Yoruba Christians are laid back and docile. so speak for yourself and your fellow islambad dirty Yoruba Muslims. nonsense
God bless you my brother for this nice piece, I have watch carefully when I lived in the north kano Zaria and Kaduna till 1999, I now live in Lagos, I realised that our own tribe Yoruba is the real problem of this country! Because we are more outspoken and intelligent, but for selfish and greedy purpose most time you see our Muslim Yoruba brothers would rather prefer to worship Fulani and be their slave rather a collective and better and productive person, they don't want this type of discussion public but rather within our Yoruba confines but when a matter remain undiscussed and treated with sentiments, the evil perpetrators are more emboldened, imagine the havoc the Hausa fulanis are causing, our Yoruba Muslims will tell you that is how God has written it, they don't want
You to see evil as evil but "rather a script played by God" so just do your own and go, that is why they always break away from any resolution and join their slave master Fulani's.

7 Likes

Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by Nobody: 8:30am On Apr 04, 2018
5thElement:

Lol. Roaming around like a homeless ghoul on Nairaland doesn't count as a job.

I'm sure Seun isn't paying you to be a troll on this forum.

Try harder. Your desperation is beginning to show. Desperate you prove that you are what you can only dream of at the moment...

Your hatred keeps blocking God's grace from your miserable life.

Drop your phone and go and look for work ogbeni.

Stop feeding off your folks at this age of yours. cheesy

Don't talk about yourself so much. So are you this stupid by choice or were you born that way? You have responded to everyone on this thread, it shows how jobless you are. The joke is on you nigggaaa....You are nothing but a jobless m0ron who thinks by accusing others of the same absolves you. Unfortunately, you are messing with the wrong person. I will emphasize and re-mphasize that I am better than every person in your lineage. I am not bluffing.....You will die to have my kind of career because no one in your miserable lineage will ever be able to pursue a career of that caliber.

Please accept the challenge and let's see who is better off or you go fuccckyourself...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by Nobody: 8:41am On Apr 04, 2018
BERNIMOORE:
God bless you my brother for this nice piece, I have watch carefully when I lived in the north kano Zaria and Kaduna till 1999, I now live in Lagos, I realised that our own tribe Yoruba is the real problem of this country! Because we are more outspoken and intelligent, but for selfish and greedy purpose most time you see our Muslim Yoruba brothers would rather prefer to worship Fulani and be their slave rather a collective and better and productive person, [b]they don't want this type of discussion public but rather within our Yoruba confines [/b]but when a matter remain undiscussed and treated with sentiments, the evil perpetrators are more emboldened, imagine the havoc the Hausa fulanis are causing, our Yoruba Muslims will tell you that is how God has written it, they don't want
You to see evil as evil but "rather a script played by God" so just do your own and go, that is why they always break away from any resolution and join their slave master Fulani's.

Thank you, my brother. @emboldened, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. They don't want it discussed it at all. Yoruba Muslims are always the first to speak for the Yorubas becuase they are outspoken while the yoruba Christians are generally laid back. They are always the one quick to play the "Yoruba is Yoruba" card while they go about bringing shame to us. They made themselves as willing tools in the hands of the hausa fulani. They now play them like ping pong. I don't just get how a supposedly educated and enlighted SW Muslims will make themselves object of ridicule. Markfemi is a Yoruba Christian and he has quarreled with me several times for calling out yoruba muslims for what they truly are. Now he has seen the light. He now goes about saying Yoruba Muslims are this and that after accusing me of same.

Since this iwo shameful saga begun, I have read so many comments online (especially facebook) and it will shock to know that so many yoruba moslems are in support of this. Have you wondered why there hasn't been any protest in Osun, especially Iwo? Obviously, they are Muslim majority and they see to be cool with it.

Very shameful

4 Likes

Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by nku5: 8:45am On Apr 04, 2018
author=5thElement post=66416121]

grin

quote author=nku5 post=66395563]

Rwanda ni Limpopo ko.

Blackmailing Yoruba Christians by questioning their yorubaness is an expired tactic. They now know that Igbos have never been and will never be their problem.

You think they have not noticed how quiet you lot are when Fulani herdsmen are inching deeper and deeper into the SW?

You think they don't know that it is you people that have done the desires of the caliphate and continually damage relations with their southern neighbours.

You think that the issue of the arbitrary scrapping of the 1000+ year old Yoruba traditional royal office structure by this Oluwo of Iwo clown can be swept under the carpet because you play the worn-out "Igbo are the enemies" card?

Your eye go soon clear

[/quote]

5 Likes

Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by GworoChewinMaga: 8:56am On Apr 04, 2018
The most shameful thing about this whole sacrilegious scandal is the reason the Oluwo provided for transforming himself to an Emir.

Akanbi lamented about the constant in-fighting, jealousy and bickering among Yoruba obas and also that they do not garner much respect from their subjects unlike the northern Amirs.

Akanbi also claimed that Iwu was the Islamic capital of Yoruba land.

This is where we see how much self hatred a Yoruba has for himself and this is coming from none other than some one whose very office and throne is meant to protect, preserve and promote Yoruba culture.

4 Likes

Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by GworoChewinMaga: 12:43pm On Apr 04, 2018
The only response I got from the Yoruba Muslims was the expected "IPOB" insult

3 Likes

Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by highqueen(f): 12:53pm On Apr 04, 2018
I'm sorry for Yoruba Christians if they should still keep mute and let these ones over ride them.

go to Facebook and see how so many of these yoruba Muslims worship these hausa and fulanis. very disgusting piece of shit.

2 Likes

Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by proeast(m): 1:06pm On Apr 04, 2018
BishopMagic:

How Yoruba Muslims Sacked Old Oyo And Will Do Same For All Odua

Ilorin was a small town in the Oyo Empire by the beginning of the 19th century. Afonja, Baale of Ilorin, who also held the title of Are Ona Kakanfo of the Oyo Empire, rebelled against his king, the Alafin of Oyo, in 1817. (There is no space here for the reasons for his rebellion). In order to sustain his rebellion, he was desperate to build a large and powerful army. To that end, he did a number of desperate things.

First, he invited the people of nearby villages to move to Ilorin and turn Ilorin into a large town. Many people so moved, but most refused.

Secondly, he reached out to many prominent friends all over the Oyo country, and invited them to come and live in Ilorin. Some accepted his invitation and came. Among these was a rich trader named Solagberu from Kuwo. Another was a man named Alimi, a Fulani man who had long lived in the Oyo country peddling charms from town to town. Afonja employed Alimi to make charms for him and his army.

Thirdly, Afonja decided to exploit a religious situation that was causing trouble in the country at the time. A Jihad movement had started in Hausaland in the north in 1804, generating wars and stormy Islamic evangelism there. It was started and led by an immigrant people called Fulani. The Fulani immigrants were few among the large Hausa nation, but very many of the Hausa who were already Muslims sided with the Fulani – and thus made it possible for the Fulani to defeat the ancient Hausa kings and make themselves rulers over Hausaland.

Some of the violent Jihadist preachers trickled south into the Oyo country. Everywhere they came, they were causing a lot of commotion by preaching violent and disrespectful sermons against the Oyo kings and chiefs, and against Yoruba culture in general. Yoruba people, with their tradition of religious tolerance, were alarmed; and angry crowds began to attack the preachers. Afonja decided to exploit the situation by issuing a general invitation to the Muslims to flee to him in Ilorin, promising to give them protection there. Thousands of frightened Muslims fled to Ilorin, and Afonja trained many of them for his army. (Afonja himself did not intend to convert to Islam, and he never did).

Fourthly, most rich Oyo families had Hausa, Nupe and Fulani slaves - used mostly in farming, trading, livestock rearing, etc. Most were Muslims.

Afonja decided to exploit this also. He issued a proclamation saying that if any slaves ran away from their owners and came to him in Ilorin, he would give them freedom and protection there. Large numbers of slaves, mostly Hausa, fled to Afonja, and he trained some of them for his army.

Afonja thus had his large town and large army. Most of his army’s commanders and soldiers were Oyo Muslims. A few of the soldiers were Muslim Hausa – all slaves recently set free by Afonja. But many of his Hausa soldiers were unruly. He warned or threatened them repeatedly, but with no result. When he at last decided to discipline them, they mutinied. Afonja was killed in the mutiny - in 1823.

Meanwhile, while Alimi had been making charms for the army, he had become a friend to many of the Oyo commanders who were Muslims, and these hadmade him Imam (Islamic teacher and preacher) for the Muslim community in the army. After Afonja›s death, the same friends gradually made their Imam the ruler of Ilorin. They also created some officers among the Hausa soldiers - for instance, Balogun Gambari. The powerful men doing all these things were Oyo.

That then is how Oyo people made a Fulani man the ruler of Ilorin. When Alimi died, his elder son, Abdulsalam, was elevated to his father’s position by his father›s powerful Oyo Muslim friends. Adulsalam had lived in the Jihad in Hausaland and had only recently come to live with his father in Ilorin. He knew that the Jihad had made the Fulani the rulers of Ilorin - with a Fulani Sultanate based in Sokoto and quasi-independent Fulani Emirs in the separate Hausa kingdoms. So, after he was made ruler of Ilorin, he sent to Hausaland to announce that he had established an Emirate in Ilorin and to ask that his Emirate should be accepted as part of the Fulani Sultanate.

In this way, Ilorin became a Fulani Emirate, ruled by a Fulani family.

Ilorin was, in population, still an Oyo town - probably over 95% Oyo in population. And Ilorin was never conquered or even invaded by any Fulani army. Those influential Oyo men who made Alimi and his son the rulers of Ilorin did so out of fervour for their Islamic faith.

When the news of the happenings in Ilorin spread all over the Oyo country, people were shocked to hear that Ilorin people had made the family of an obscure Fulani charm peddler their rulers. Therefore, people formed armies to go and subdue Ilorin and flush out the Fulani impostors. None of these invasions of Ilorin succeeded. The invading armies were poorly organized, and, moreover, the old Afonja army defending Ilorin was just too powerful. In fact, in the end, the Ilorin people, in order to ensure perfect protection for their fervently Muslim town, decided to go out and conquer most of Yorubaland (all the way to the sea coast), and make all of it a Muslim empire ruled from Ilorin.

Their army marched out in about 1838, conquering town after town towards the south, and causing mammoth streams of refugees. Till today, most Yoruba people still call this Ilorin invasion a Fulani invasion of Yorubaland. But it was not a Fulani invasion at all; it was an attempt by the predominantly Yoruba Muslim people of Ilorin to conquer and Islamize the rest of Yorubaland.

The victorious Ilorin march southwards ended suddenly in 1840. The refugees who had gathered in the Egba village of Ibadan had quickly become a large town. Their army marched out and met the Ilorin army in Oshogbo in 1840, and totally destroyed them, capturing many of their commanders. From then on, the power of Ilorin was more or less over, and Ilorin never dared again to face the Ibadan army in battle.

In the following years, Ibadan became the most powerful state in Yorubaland, and established control over the Oshun valley, Ife, Ijesa, Ekiti, Akoko, Igbomina and parts of Iyagba. Ilorin continued to be ambitious to control some territory in its immediate neighbourhood – in nearby Igbomina and Ibolo (especially Offa); but they feared Ibadan. In 1877, the Ekiti, Ijesa, Igbomina and Akoko revolted against Ibadan’s rule, and the Kiriji War started, keeping all these peoples and Ibadan busy until 1893. Ilorin took advantage of this and established some feeble control over parts of Igbomina and Ibolo.

However, at home in Ilorin itself, a proper Emirate could not develop. The powerful Yoruba war chiefs wanted to re-establish the traditional Yoruba political system whereby the chiefs in a kingdom select their king. The Emirs resisted. By 1895, the chiefs were winning the contest grandly – a situation which forced the Emir Momoh to commit suicide after setting his palace on fire. The victorious chiefs then installed Sulaiman as Emir. This was the situation when the forces of the British Royal Niger Company came and conquered Ilorin in 1897.

In the years that followed, it was the British that established Ilorin as a full-fledged emirate, making the Ilorin Emir like the Emirs of Hausaland. The Emir then took advantage of that to establish all sorts of Emirate-type control over Ibolo and northern Igbomina.

In short, Ilorin was never conquered (was never even invaded) by the Fulani. Ilorin is more than 90% Yoruba in population. The Igbomina, Ibolo, and Ekiti of Kwara, because they have hated the imposture of the Ilorin Emirs since the beginning of British rule, tend to be usually cool towards Ilorin. Rather it was the treasonable ambition of Afonja and the Yoruba Muslim converts who handed Ilorin to the Fulanis.

Today, the same group are at the forefront fighting to ensure that all Yoruba land falls to Sokoto.
Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! What a beautiful piece of history lesson, with facts dates and venues!! If you are Yoruba, you have done your people both Christians and Muslims alike, a world of good but on the other hand, if you are Igbo, then the Yoruba owe you a great deal of debt for this awesome piece of history lesson you just gave them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by 12Monkeys: 7:09am On Jul 06, 2018
[s]
fk001:
Divide and conquer will not work for you...

Yoruba's are united
[/s]

Oh really? So why are these afonja rag heads calling Afenifere and other Yoruba groups anti-Islam?

https://thestateonlinengr.com/muslim-leader-chides-afenifere-yce-over-religious-composition/

Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by 12Monkeys: 7:29am On Jul 06, 2018
[s]
5thElement:

Oo ni laakaye. Ti o ba ni laakaye ni o ye ki o ye e wipe kii se ori thread ti omo Igbo shi lati fi maa soro si awa Yoruba loye ki o ti ma so gbogbo eleyi.

Ti o ba ni laakaye ni, o ye ki o mo wipe a ni lati koko le kolokolo lo na ki a to ma ba adiye wi.

If you don't understand the proverb in that last statement give it to an interpreter ki o tunmo e fun e.

You aren't the only Yoruba who is a Christian on this forum, mind you.

Ti a ba ta ara ile eni ni opo a o le ri ra pada ni owon. (Another proverb)

Awa wi tai wi o wa so wipe ki Yoruba ronu. Se iwo ronu bayi. Ti o ba ronu jinle wa ri wipe awon omo Igbo fe fi esin ko eyin omo Yoruba si ara won.

We know the ploy of the recalcitrant Yoruba bashers, especially of Igbo origin on this forum.

Their constant use of the phrase " Yoruba Moslems" gives them away as being jealous of the peace that exists in Yorubaland and so, they want to employ the use of divide and conquer tactic.

The Oluwo of Iwo land should be deposed and the crown given to someone else since he doesn't want to be the Oluwo anymore.

That's my submission. And if you're going to make your point, you should open another thread for it. Latching yourself to this thread to insult your fellow Yorubas because of religion shows that YOU are the traitor and you've allowed this fool of an op who despises everything Yoruba to convince you that Yorubas are indeed different because of religion.

You can see the way they've been jumping up and down since the news broke and you thought he actually opened this thread to sympathize with you.

O din ojo kan leni ti awon omo Igbo, awon irankiran maa te ni ile Yoruba. Wo n je, wo n mu, wo n yo faalala ni ile Yoruba bi idun ti o bo sori aatan, won wa n yo suti ete si wa.

Iwo wa nn gbeja won, nitori esin abi nitori omo Igbo ti o n fe abi? Se omo Yoruba to daju ni iwo yii sha?

The Rwandan war between the Hutu and the Tutsi will be child's play when sh1t hits the fan.

Let them continue. Je ki won maa baa lo.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by 12Monkeys: 7:35am On Jul 06, 2018
5thElement:
Mr bishopmagic or magisbishop or whatever. It's quite
plain that you despise the Yoruba people going by your previous comments.

What I don't understand is why you keep opening threads about Yoruba Moslems or even about the Yoruba in general.

We get. You and your tribes folks on Nairaland are ecstatic that a king in Yoruba land has decided to put on an emir's regalia.

So after a few days of jumping around and celebrating this, one would have thought you guys would move on already.

So can you answer this question please:

Why are you crying more than the bereaved?

1 Like

Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by 12Monkeys: 12:23pm On Aug 12, 2018
BabaRamota1980
Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by SluttanSlayer: 11:41am On Jun 25, 2019
Bump.

Now Oyorubas are crying over fulani invasion

Daft idiots
Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by AntiBalaka: 9:38am On Jul 08, 2019
Joromi12
Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by BishopMagic: 3:35pm On Jul 16, 2019
Tinubu is a bastard
Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by Charleys: 4:04pm On Jul 16, 2019
12Monkeys:
BabaRamota1980

LOL wey babaramota dey sef?
Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by 12Monkeys: 3:58pm On Jan 28, 2020
Bump
Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 02, 2020
BishopMagic:

How Yoruba Muslims Sacked Old Oyo And Will Do Same For All Odua

Ilorin was a small town in the Oyo Empire by the beginning of the 19th century. Afonja, Baale of Ilorin, who also held the title of Are Ona Kakanfo of the Oyo Empire, rebelled against his king, the Alafin of Oyo, in 1817. (There is no space here for the reasons for his rebellion). In order to sustain his rebellion, he was desperate to build a large and powerful army. To that end, he did a number of desperate things.

First, he invited the people of nearby villages to move to Ilorin and turn Ilorin into a large town. Many people so moved, but most refused.

Secondly, he reached out to many prominent friends all over the Oyo country, and invited them to come and live in Ilorin. Some accepted his invitation and came. Among these was a rich trader named Solagberu from Kuwo. Another was a man named Alimi, a Fulani man who had long lived in the Oyo country peddling charms from town to town. Afonja employed Alimi to make charms for him and his army.

Thirdly, Afonja decided to exploit a religious situation that was causing trouble in the country at the time. A Jihad movement had started in Hausaland in the north in 1804, generating wars and stormy Islamic evangelism there. It was started and led by an immigrant people called Fulani. The Fulani immigrants were few among the large Hausa nation, but very many of the Hausa who were already Muslims sided with the Fulani – and thus made it possible for the Fulani to defeat the ancient Hausa kings and make themselves rulers over Hausaland.

Some of the violent Jihadist preachers trickled south into the Oyo country. Everywhere they came, they were causing a lot of commotion by preaching violent and disrespectful sermons against the Oyo kings and chiefs, and against Yoruba culture in general. Yoruba people, with their tradition of religious tolerance, were alarmed; and angry crowds began to attack the preachers. Afonja decided to exploit the situation by issuing a general invitation to the Muslims to flee to him in Ilorin, promising to give them protection there. Thousands of frightened Muslims fled to Ilorin, and Afonja trained many of them for his army. (Afonja himself did not intend to convert to Islam, and he never did).

Fourthly, most rich Oyo families had Hausa, Nupe and Fulani slaves - used mostly in farming, trading, livestock rearing, etc. Most were Muslims.

Afonja decided to exploit this also. He issued a proclamation saying that if any slaves ran away from their owners and came to him in Ilorin, he would give them freedom and protection there. Large numbers of slaves, mostly Hausa, fled to Afonja, and he trained some of them for his army.

Afonja thus had his large town and large army. Most of his army’s commanders and soldiers were Oyo Muslims. A few of the soldiers were Muslim Hausa – all slaves recently set free by Afonja. But many of his Hausa soldiers were unruly. He warned or threatened them repeatedly, but with no result. When he at last decided to discipline them, they mutinied. Afonja was killed in the mutiny - in 1823.

Meanwhile, while Alimi had been making charms for the army, he had become a friend to many of the Oyo commanders who were Muslims, and these hadmade him Imam (Islamic teacher and preacher) for the Muslim community in the army. After Afonja›s death, the same friends gradually made their Imam the ruler of Ilorin. They also created some officers among the Hausa soldiers - for instance, Balogun Gambari. The powerful men doing all these things were Oyo.

That then is how Oyo people made a Fulani man the ruler of Ilorin. When Alimi died, his elder son, Abdulsalam, was elevated to his father’s position by his father›s powerful Oyo Muslim friends. Adulsalam had lived in the Jihad in Hausaland and had only recently come to live with his father in Ilorin. He knew that the Jihad had made the Fulani the rulers of Ilorin - with a Fulani Sultanate based in Sokoto and quasi-independent Fulani Emirs in the separate Hausa kingdoms. So, after he was made ruler of Ilorin, he sent to Hausaland to announce that he had established an Emirate in Ilorin and to ask that his Emirate should be accepted as part of the Fulani Sultanate.

In this way, Ilorin became a Fulani Emirate, ruled by a Fulani family.

Ilorin was, in population, still an Oyo town - probably over 95% Oyo in population. And Ilorin was never conquered or even invaded by any Fulani army. Those influential Oyo men who made Alimi and his son the rulers of Ilorin did so out of fervour for their Islamic faith.

When the news of the happenings in Ilorin spread all over the Oyo country, people were shocked to hear that Ilorin people had made the family of an obscure Fulani charm peddler their rulers. Therefore, people formed armies to go and subdue Ilorin and flush out the Fulani impostors. None of these invasions of Ilorin succeeded. The invading armies were poorly organized, and, moreover, the old Afonja army defending Ilorin was just too powerful. In fact, in the end, the Ilorin people, in order to ensure perfect protection for their fervently Muslim town, decided to go out and conquer most of Yorubaland (all the way to the sea coast), and make all of it a Muslim empire ruled from Ilorin.

Their army marched out in about 1838, conquering town after town towards the south, and causing mammoth streams of refugees. Till today, most Yoruba people still call this Ilorin invasion a Fulani invasion of Yorubaland. But it was not a Fulani invasion at all; it was an attempt by the predominantly Yoruba Muslim people of Ilorin to conquer and Islamize the rest of Yorubaland.

The victorious Ilorin march southwards ended suddenly in 1840. The refugees who had gathered in the Egba village of Ibadan had quickly become a large town. Their army marched out and met the Ilorin army in Oshogbo in 1840, and totally destroyed them, capturing many of their commanders. From then on, the power of Ilorin was more or less over, and Ilorin never dared again to face the Ibadan army in battle.

In the following years, Ibadan became the most powerful state in Yorubaland, and established control over the Oshun valley, Ife, Ijesa, Ekiti, Akoko, Igbomina and parts of Iyagba. Ilorin continued to be ambitious to control some territory in its immediate neighbourhood – in nearby Igbomina and Ibolo (especially Offa); but they feared Ibadan. In 1877, the Ekiti, Ijesa, Igbomina and Akoko revolted against Ibadan’s rule, and the Kiriji War started, keeping all these peoples and Ibadan busy until 1893. Ilorin took advantage of this and established some feeble control over parts of Igbomina and Ibolo.

However, at home in Ilorin itself, a proper Emirate could not develop. The powerful Yoruba war chiefs wanted to re-establish the traditional Yoruba political system whereby the chiefs in a kingdom select their king. The Emirs resisted. By 1895, the chiefs were winning the contest grandly – a situation which forced the Emir Momoh to commit suicide after setting his palace on fire. The victorious chiefs then installed Sulaiman as Emir. This was the situation when the forces of the British Royal Niger Company came and conquered Ilorin in 1897.

In the years that followed, it was the British that established Ilorin as a full-fledged emirate, making the Ilorin Emir like the Emirs of Hausaland. The Emir then took advantage of that to establish all sorts of Emirate-type control over Ibolo and northern Igbomina.

In short, Ilorin was never conquered (was never even invaded) by the Fulani. Ilorin is more than 90% Yoruba in population. The Igbomina, Ibolo, and Ekiti of Kwara, because they have hated the imposture of the Ilorin Emirs since the beginning of British rule, tend to be usually cool towards Ilorin. Rather it was the treasonable ambition of Afonja and the Yoruba Muslim converts who handed Ilorin to the Fulanis.

Today, the same group are at the forefront fighting to ensure that all Yoruba land falls to Sokoto.

Now wonder people are shout Yoruba Moslem up and down

1 Like

Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by FeloniousFelon: 7:55am On Oct 02, 2020
FreelanceRebel:

Now wonder people are shout Yoruba Moslem up and down

This is why any talk of Odua Republic is dead on arrival

Already, Yoruba Muslims under the banner MURIC have since kicked against any agitation for an independent Odua republic.

Bisi Akande rightly came out to state that an independent Yoruba nation will see to a hundred year war.

He based this not only on the religious and cultural differences between Yoruba Muslims and non-Muslim Yorubas alone but because the Yaribanza history is filled with petty skirmishes and power tussles that only a third party arbitier can rule them in peace. Same thing ovcurs among the Igbo and Hausa people.
Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by JudasPriest: 9:28pm On Jan 30, 2021
We are getting closer.

For Yoruba culture not to go extinct , Islam and progressivism must be done away .

Yorubas are becoming more radical either as fanatical Muslim slaves of sokoto or blinded by degenerate leftist liberalism.

My prediction of 50yrs is too long. Yoruba culture will vanish within 20-30ys. That is , within one generation the Yoruba will no longer exist.
Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by EsomahJD: 12:46am On Jan 31, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Why Oyo-roba Muslims Are In Total Support Of Emir Akanbi by Nobody: 12:57am On Jan 31, 2021
BishopMagic:
The Sultan tells you when to begin your Ramadan fast and when to end it.

The same Sultan is the permanent Head of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs, the highest Islamic body in Nigeria which so happens to be recognized by the useless 1999 Constitution and fully funded through public resources. The Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs is the only body to regulate Islamic doctrine and also issue fatwas at will. And the supreme head is the Sultan of Sokoto.

Now compare with your Christian brethren, who Yorubanized Christianity to form denominations like the Celestial Church of Christ and other white garment Afro-spiritual churches, why are Yoruba Muslims so slavish to Sokoto?

To even add insult to injury, the first Yoruba Emir formerly Oba of Iwo appointed a Hausa Islamic cleric as his Waziri (Prime Minister) who is expected to guide the new Emir on how to administer and govern under Sharia law. Is it that Emir Akanbi did not see the likes of Ishaq Akintola - a Professor of Islamic Studies- to appoint as his Waziri?

Malctunji can you explain on behalf of your fellow Oyoruba Muslims why you feel so inferior to Sokoto?
Man isn't the issue of inferiority but intact leadership in Islam. Muslims can't live in disarray like Christians who need to register b4 joining a church. Group of ppl from 2 upward have to appoint a leader in their affairs. Chosen Sokoto isn't a prblm. If u dnt understand why Sultan announce when to fast and when to stop u need to have Islamic knowledge not just seeing things ass odd without having its knowledge. Many accusations label against Muslims is as a result of poor Islamic knowledge and how Muslims follow their injunctions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

SW To Assume 5% Role From 2019 / Greenlight Planet Powers 22 Police Stations, 22 Primary Health Centres In 2021 / How Nigerian Newspapers Would Have Reported US Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.