Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,069 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed (8520 Views)

Sunday Igboho Ready To Fight Against The Fulani Herdsmen If Supported By Yorubas / Is This A Curse To Yorubas, But Why? - Balaraba Musa / Lagos Belongs To Yorubas But Come Out And Vote Tomorrow, IPOB Tell Igbos In Lag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Francis5: 5:35pm On Apr 02, 2018
''I was the SUG President at the University of Ibadan, UI, voted for by Yoruba students, despite calls by many other Youbas not to vote for me an 'Alejo' (stranger). But times have changed (for the worst, I might add) in Nigeria since then.''

Ohaneze Ndigbo President, Nwodo, speaking at Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State

Watch video here https://www.facebook.com/cmgborie/videos/1839224102762786/UzpfSTEwMDAwMTY3MjU3NzgyNzoxNzU0NjI2NzQ3OTM2Mzk0/
Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Francis5: 5:44pm On Apr 02, 2018
Can it ever get back to those good ol' days? Very, very doubtful, as so many waters have passed under the bridge. The resentment and dislike is so much that the wise thing any politically discerning Igbo and Yoruba should be asking for is mutual division of the country into coherent groups.

11 Likes

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 02, 2018
Francis5:
Can it ever get back to those good ol' days? Very, very doubtful, as so many waters have passed under the bridge. The resentment and dislike is so much that the wise thing any politically discerning Igbo and Yoruba should be asking for is mutual division of the country into coherent groups.
It will never get back, thanks to social media

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Francis5: 5:59pm On Apr 02, 2018
yemaldo:

It will never get back, thanks to social media

Given that it may never get back to that state, what then is the essence of being in one country? I was born in Nigeria and I live in the US. I am considering running for an elective position as a councilman in my city and I will likely be voted for by Whites. Keep in mind that I was not born in the US and I am brown, living in a city that is 75% White.

How did Nigeria deteriorate to such nadir (lowest point), in spite of the Yoruba and the Igbo famed prowesses? Does it have to do with the innate quality of the black race as a whole?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by CSTR1002: 6:00pm On Apr 02, 2018
They called him "alejo"

That was exactly the same thing awolowo did to zik.

11 Likes

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Francis5: 6:02pm On Apr 02, 2018
CSTR1002:
They called him "alejo"

Yes, but they still voted for him. I believe that was the point he was making. BTW, he also noted that his father was among those who voted for a Fulani to be the first Mayor of Enugu.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by shallysgirl: 7:27pm On Apr 02, 2018
Francis5:
''I was the SUG President in the best University in Nigeria, UI, voted for by Yoruba students, despite calls by many other Youbas not to vote for me an 'Alejo' (stranger). But times have changed (for the worst, I might add) in Nigeria since then.''

Ohaneze Ndigbo President, Nnamani, speaking at Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State

Watch video here https://www.facebook.com/cmgborie/videos/1839224102762786/UzpfSTEwMDAwMTY3MjU3NzgyNzoxNzU0NjI2NzQ3OTM2Mzk0/
Nnamani
Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Francis5: 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2018
shallysgirl:
Nnamani

Oops! My bad! It's Nwodo, not Nnamani
Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by blazhykowskyi(m): 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2018
I'm still waiting to hear any good thing an igbo man has ever done for a Yoruba man.

It's always Yoruba doing something for them, yet they are ungrateful. Well, the new generation is now alert.

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by ayokellany: 8:48pm On Apr 02, 2018
Francis5:

Given that it may never get back to that state, what then is the essence of being in one country? I was born in Nigeria and I live in the US. I am considering running for an elective position as a councilman in my city and I will likely be voted for by Whites. Keep in mind that I was not born in the US and I am brown, living in a city that is 75% White.

How did Nigeria deteriorate to such nadir (lowest point), in spite of the Yoruba and the Igbo famed prowesses? Does it have to do with the innate quality of the black race as a whole?

When Igbo start voting for whites in Imo Enugu Abia then you can come back with the gibberish you posted above.

10 Likes

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by ayokellany: 8:49pm On Apr 02, 2018
blazhykowskyi:
I'm still waiting to hear any good thing an igbo man has ever done for a Yoruba man.

It's always Yoruba doing something for them, yet they are ungrateful. Well, the new generation is now alert.
I tell u bro, this shameless bunch of ungrateful peasants.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Francis5: 1:26am On Apr 03, 2018
^^^
^^^
A Fulani was the very first elected Mayor of Enugu. You can chew on that first. Yorubas of electoral value should move to the East and campaign for positions. That's the only way to get voted for. You do not see Igbos in Igboland contesting for positions outside Igboland, or do you?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by ImperialYoruba: 3:29am On Apr 03, 2018
Francis5:
''I was the SUG President in the best University in Nigeria, UI, voted for by Yoruba students, despite calls by many other Youbas not to vote for me an 'Alejo' (stranger). But times have changed (for the worst, I might add) in Nigeria since then.''

Ohaneze Ndigbo President, Nwodo, speaking at Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, Anambra State

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by ImperialYoruba: 3:31am On Apr 03, 2018
Francis5:
^^^
^^^
A Fulani was the very first elected Mayor of Enugu. You can chew on that first. Yorubas of electoral value should move to the East and campaign for positions. That's the only way to get voted for. You do not see Igbos in Igboland contesting for positions outside Igboland, or do you?

You should be ashamed. Abia citizens are not allowed in the civil service in Enugu but you are proud that fulani was your mayor.

Bloody slave

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Francis5: 4:03am On Apr 03, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

You should be ashamed. Abia citizens are not allowed in the civil service in Enugu but you are proud that fulani was your mayor.

Bloody slave

Duh! We all know what happened at Lautech between Oyo and Osun States. You cheap hypocrite. You must be a slave to the Igbo man representing Lagosians in their HoA. Stupid ignorant baboon. As long as it's one Nigeria and Igbo live in non Igbo areas, they will continue to assert themselves. You are welcome to move to Igboland and contest elections, if you dare. Local champion.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by joeyfire(m): 5:58am On Apr 03, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Bloody slave

Lie

2 Likes

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Nobody: 7:06am On Apr 03, 2018
CSTR1002:
They called him "alejo"
And it was d right thing

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Nobody: 7:11am On Apr 03, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

They're all 100% parasitic. d only thing u benefit from dem na dia olosho girls in brothels, fairly used clothes, some do sell drugs.

All these doesn't benefit Yoruba in anyway.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by KosiGee(m): 7:49am On Apr 03, 2018
ImperialYoruba:

Bloody slave

You guys don’t have to be rude to each other. I have to admit that I’m embarrassed that such practice exist in Enugu state.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Klinee: 7:51am On Apr 03, 2018
This is only way Nigeria can get to the lime light, a detribalized Nigeria.
Why do Yorubas and Hausa always antagonised this good news towards making Nigeria a better detribalized country.
Tribalism never help us rather keep drawing us backward
Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by CSTR1002: 7:55am On Apr 03, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

So all the yorubas my uncle employed in his company are aliens?

All the yorubas working in igbo companies in Lagos are aliens?

Can you swear that you have never received help from any igbo man or woman in your life, you deranged tribalist?

I pray you never receive that help again

6 Likes

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by KosiGee(m): 7:55am On Apr 03, 2018
joeyfire:

Lie

How is it a lie?

His observations are real and true.
Some years ago, only students from Enugu state can be crowned ‘nka na uzu’...the title for the Igwe of ESUT. This is not right.

Even main market (ogbete) Enugu traders have started such divisions. This is bad and I think Ugwuanyi and co should look into that.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by CSTR1002: 7:56am On Apr 03, 2018
KosiGee:

How is it a lie?

Some years ago, only students from Enugu state can be crowned ‘nka na uzu’...the title for the Igwe of ESUT. This is not right.

Even main market (ogbete) Enugu traders have started such divisions. This is bad and I think Ugwuanyi and co should look into that.
In uniben, only bini can be sug

3 Likes

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by CSTR1002: 7:56am On Apr 03, 2018
KosiGee:

How is it a lie?

In uniben, only bini can be sug President.
Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by KosiGee(m): 8:01am On Apr 03, 2018
CSTR1002:

In uniben, only bini can be sug President.

That is very bad.
Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Westbestside: 8:49am On Apr 03, 2018
Francis5:
^^^
^^^
The aboki that the igbo men were shouting God forbid for just cos he wanted to contest for chairman says it all.

6 Likes

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by blazhykowskyi(m): 8:50am On Apr 03, 2018
CSTR1002:

So all the yorubas my uncle employed in his company are aliens?

All the yorubas working in igbo companies in Lagos are aliens?

Can you swear that you have never received help from any igbo man or woman in your life, you deranged tribalist?

I pray you never receive that help again

Lol. Your uncle employed Yorubas in his company?
grin grin grin

What is the name of your uncle's company? We all know how you guys lie on the internet.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Westbestside: 8:52am On Apr 03, 2018
CSTR1002:
They called him "alejo"

The best decision by awolowo. May God bless his soul.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Westbestside: 8:53am On Apr 03, 2018
Francis5:

Duh! We all know what happened at Lautech between Oyo and Osun States. You cheap hypocrite. You must be a slave to the Igbo man representing Lagosians in their HoA. Stupid ignorant baboon. As long as it's one Nigeria and Igbo live in non Igbo areas, they will continue to assert themselves. You are welcome to move to Igboland and contest elections, if you dare. Local champion.
What happened to Lautech oga. That the school is jointly owned by the two states. Or what?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Corrinthians(m): 8:59am On Apr 03, 2018
CSTR1002:
They called him "alejo"

Was he not a stranger? What was wrong in calling him alejo? Don't you people call some of your brothers "Osu" which means slave?

Which is better between calling a stranger a stranger and a brother a slave? undecided

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Corrinthians(m): 9:01am On Apr 03, 2018
blazhykowskyi:

They never have, they never will. Bunch of ungrateful people always claiming victims. angry

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Video- I Was SUG President of UI, Voted For By Yorubas. But Times Have Changed by Corrinthians(m): 9:04am On Apr 03, 2018
ImperialYoruba:
They would come with data from their useless ipob bureau dé statistics to claim otherwise. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kogi Governorship: APC Under Pressure To Review Disqualification Of 12 Aspirants / NBS Report: Lawan Says Nigeria Is Not Doing Badly / Hilary Clinton Gets Cold Reception From The Federal Government.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.