Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,534 members, 7,837,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:11 PM

The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" (48966 Views)

"You Must Blow By Force" Wizkid To Ahmed, His Newly Signed Starboy Act (Video) / Wizkid Signs AHMED, Kid Rapper To Starboy, Gives Him N10m At Wizkid Concert / Lady Tattoos Wizkid's Face And His Starboy Logo On Her Back(Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by Newboss(m): 10:27pm On Apr 02, 2018
Where did you read that Wizkid is trademarking Starboy? angry

Dumb blogger! angry

Wait o... This guy is so dumb that he doesn't know that going by his argument, he's losing to at least Wizkid! angry

He should Google Starboy Entertainment! angry
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by yztak: 10:27pm On Apr 02, 2018
4k d weekend d only star boi I know is wizkid.. Baba bla

1 Like

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by slysteel: 10:27pm On Apr 02, 2018
That's how you people will be posting cooked up stuff,wizkid record label Starboy is registered in Nigeria, weekend is only after a guy trying to key into the popularity of his starboy track in the US,that has nothing to do with wizkid,the weekends record label is not even named starboy in the first place so he is even wasting time suing the guy that tried to starboy as a business name in the US.

8 Likes

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by Swiftboy(m): 10:27pm On Apr 02, 2018
I knew that imposter would think he owns the trademark when I heard his song last year. Wizkid have registered his label long before he ever start singing. Weekend better go to sleep. angry

3 Likes

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by Omobolaji19(m): 10:28pm On Apr 02, 2018
This is stupid.. Wizkid started using the "starboy" ™ way before he thought about it.

Yhu myt just dash wizkid yhur money if yhu try sueing him!

2 Likes

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by Culin(f): 10:28pm On Apr 02, 2018
Heart break is driving this one crazy.

2 Likes

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by medexico(m): 10:28pm On Apr 02, 2018
Na wa o

Wizkid I hope you never use all your money smoke finish? you go need am do some cour shit

2 Likes

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by medexico(m): 10:28pm On Apr 02, 2018
Na wa o

Wizkid I hope you never use all your money smoke finish? you go need am do some court shit

3 Likes

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by HoodBillionaire: 10:29pm On Apr 02, 2018
heya
wizkid don cast
like mtn 3g modem
dah year

1 Like

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by robotix: 10:30pm On Apr 02, 2018
GloriaNinja:
lipsrsealed I THOUGHT WIZKID OWNED THE STARBOY TRADEMARK FIRST, THE WEEKEND SHOULD JUST TAKE A CHILL PILL AND SHUT THE HELL UP...

THAT IS IF THIS news IS TRUE.
both of them don't own it. I am going through trademark files right now and i dont see shiiit.

there are even many companies that had trademarked it

https://trademarkia.com/trademarks-search.aspx?tn=star%20boy

1 Like

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by oxladexo(m): 10:32pm On Apr 02, 2018
Those saying they don't know who The Weeknd is.. Man, do you even know music?
Abel is the best male singer alive.. I'm proudly #XO

Wizkid has been 'claiming' to be the starboy for long, but Abel has officially acquired the trademark. Wizkid never did.. That's money talking!

And he's even partnered with Marvel for a starboy comic series coming soon.

Keep on winning awards and topping charts Abel!
#XOTWOD

10 Likes

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by oxladexo(m): 10:34pm On Apr 02, 2018
VampireeM:
I just love the weeknd and his lyrics. Dude is so talented! His recent EP "Melancholy" esp "Call out my name" is bomb
He is the only starboy any other is counterfeit, the naija druggie impostor should take note grin
Oh my God.. I'm glad you exist! #XO

2 Likes

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by ooranguntan(m): 10:36pm On Apr 02, 2018
queensera:

TMZ also reports that the Canadian singer's lawyers filed documentation against Eymun Talasazan, a realtor. Talasazan filed to trademark "Starboy" for his own creative projects long after the Weekend's album and hit song of the same name..

[s]http://www..com/2018/04/american-singer-weeknd-to-sue-wizkid.html[/s]

This has nothing to do with wikzid. Bloggers just included his name for traffic

4 Likes

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by oluwasegun007(m): 10:38pm On Apr 02, 2018
I think the heat emitting from the dread is affecting his brain.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by Newboss(m): 10:38pm On Apr 02, 2018
oxladexo:

Wizkid has been 'claiming' to be the starboy for long, but Abel has officially acquired the trademark. Wizkid never did.. That's money talking!

#XOTWOD
You are very wrong! angry

His argument is that since he has a song titled "Starboy", he owns the name! angry

There's a record label called "Starboy Entertainment". Wizkid owns it! angry It has been up for at least 5 years! angry

When did the goat release his trash? angry Less than 3 years ago! angry

He's a loser! angry Let him go to court and fool himself! angry

He hasn't trademarked it! angry

3 Likes

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by Elxandre(m): 10:38pm On Apr 02, 2018
SpaceBar:
I think it's a matter of who got the name "Starboy" trademarked first.
A registered record label is not registered abi.
Good for Wizkid Sha.
Free publicity plus an easy victory.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by ooranguntan(m): 10:40pm On Apr 02, 2018
slysteel:
That's how you people will be posting cooked up stuff,wizkid record label Starboy is registered in Nigeria, weekend is only after a guy trying to key into the popularity of his starboy track in the US,that has nothing to do with wizkid,the weekends record label is not even named starboy in the first place so he is even wasting time suing the guy that tried to starboy as a business name in the US.
Your education is not wasted.

I pity other commentors, dead brains
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by dayospara: 10:40pm On Apr 02, 2018
He can't win
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by Burgerlomo: 10:43pm On Apr 02, 2018
NwaNimo1:
For $1000 or the equivalent in ganja he'll sign over the name and rights.

Lol, and a bottle of Orijin grin

1 Like

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by Tsongz(f): 10:43pm On Apr 02, 2018
VampireeM:
I just love the weeknd and his lyrics. Dude is so talented! His recent EP "Melancholy" esp "Call out my name" is bomb
He is the only starboy any other is counterfeit, the naija druggie impostor should take note grin
Dude needs brain oil
I think you've got friction up there undecided If you don't have anything to say jez seal your oral cavity and let others make their contributions
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by bazkid24(m): 10:45pm On Apr 02, 2018
ba7man:
The weekend sold millions of albums, Wizkid sold 25,000 copies of his album.

Wizkid is irrelevant in the global music scene apart from Africans both in the continent and diaspora.

What is this one saying
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by ba7man(m): 10:48pm On Apr 02, 2018
bazkid24:

What is this one saying
Read my post you quoted again.

That's what I'm saying.

1 Like

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by Newboss(m): 10:49pm On Apr 02, 2018
Actually this guy is a big fool! angry

The guy he's taking to court is actually the first in line for the name at the moment at the trademark organization angry

This guy is so fvcking clueless! angry

He's not even on the line for the name sef! angry

His logic is so stupid because so many people have used "Starboy" before him, including Wizkid! angry

OLODO! angry

1 Like

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by cr7lomo: 10:49pm On Apr 02, 2018
There's a musician in my village called wizkid...he has been performing in local village evens since I small reach now , although im don turn granny but im still de perform

1 Like

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 02, 2018
ba7man:
The weekend sold millions of albums, Wizkid sold 25,000 copies of his album.

Wizkid is irrelevant in the global music scene apart from Africans both in the continent and diaspora.

If the case is judged in a white court, Wizkid will win. You don't even understand wakanda power we have.
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by GrammarCheck: 10:52pm On Apr 02, 2018
kingchris30:
this weekend guy should answer Starman instead,

Or Starkid
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by Whobedatte(m): 10:53pm On Apr 02, 2018
alukstea:
Is he Suing this weekend or next weekend ? Cause Starboy is star boy anyday any weekend ...
nice composition

1 Like

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by IbokPatrick(m): 10:53pm On Apr 02, 2018
Newboss:
You are very wrong! angry

His argument is that since he has a song titled "Starboy", he owns the name! angry

There's a record label called "Starboy Entertainment". Wizkid owns it! angry It has been up for at least 5 years! angry

When did the goat release his trash? angry Less than 3 years ago! angry

He's a loser! angry Let him go to court and fool himself! angry

He hasn't trademarked it! angry
"GOAT" am sure you had wanted to say Greatest Of All Time....cos thats where The Weeknd belongs.

2 Likes

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by Newboss(m): 10:58pm On Apr 02, 2018
IbokPatrick:

"GOAT" am sure you had wanted to say Greatest Of All Time....cos thats where The Weeknd belongs.
Yeah, the GOAT that releases a lot of trash! angry
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by mvem(m): 10:58pm On Apr 02, 2018
Celense:
Maybe he wants to be relevant....the only starboy that's genuine is wizkid's.
...u re not serious...weeknd is well known but Dan whizkid...he must hv trademarked it first b4 whizkid, doesn't matter who used it first

1 Like

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by mvem(m): 10:59pm On Apr 02, 2018
Newboss:
Yeah, the GOAT that releases a lot of trash! angry
...and his song was no 1 on billboard for more than 2 months...go sidon

1 Like

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by jelel6: 11:01pm On Apr 02, 2018
oxladexo:

#XOTWOD

No let emotional Nigerians swamp you ohh.

when I want to listen to some "good boy" music, SAM SMITH is my man.

however, when you're in your BAD MAN mood, you definitely need some talented sh!t. in other words, some Abel Tesfaye.

The opening beat alone before the weeknd starts singing in the starboy track would Make the judges rule in his favour. As soon as he's Finnish the first verse, the judges will probably be the one to sue anybody who's trying to contaminate the Starboy brand! grin
oxladexo:

#XOTWOD

No let emotional Nigerians swamp you ohh.

when I want to listen to some "good boy" music, SAM SMITH is my man.

however, when you're in your BAD MAN mood, you definitely need some talented sh!t. in other words, some Abel Tesfaye.

The opening beat alone before the weeknd starts singing in the starboy track would Make the judges rule in his favour. As soon as he's Finnish the first verse, the judges will probably be the one to sue anybody who's trying to contaminate the Starboy brand!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yvonne Nelson & Mercy Johnson Share Lovely Peck With Each Other,Fans Hail Them(p / Regina Daniels And Her Mother, Rita Daniels Swimming In A Pool (Photo) / Davido Names Second Daughter Hailey, Few Hours To The Birth Of His Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.