Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" (48924 Views)

"You Must Blow By Force" Wizkid To Ahmed, His Newly Signed Starboy Act (Video) / Wizkid Signs AHMED, Kid Rapper To Starboy, Gives Him N10m At Wizkid Concert / Lady Tattoos Wizkid's Face And His Starboy Logo On Her Back(Pics, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by einsteine(m): 1:28am On Apr 03, 2018
wiloy2k8:

but who is richer

Of course, the Weeknd is far richer. Among male artistes under the age of 35,only Drake and Justin Bieber are richer than him.
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by Danix7(m): 1:44am On Apr 03, 2018
wizzy might av been using starboy 4 over sumtym bt u knw we africans i doubt he registered it b4 the weeknd....bt a 4 tym grammy winner is no joke....if he rilly wanna sue....then wizzy might av 2 fly sumtin else
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by frank4243(m): 2:07am On Apr 03, 2018
Mine your bitcoins today, earn up to 0.2btc in 11hours
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by chyckxx(m): 2:11am On Apr 03, 2018
VampireeM:
I just love the weeknd and his lyrics. Dude is so talented! His recent EP "Melancholy" esp "Call out my name" is bomb
He is the only starboy any other is counterfeit, the naija druggie impostor should take note grin
Man!
I’ve listened to that tape for over twenty times today and even as I am typing this. Hurt You is my favorite. He’s so talented. smiley
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by 2odd(m): 2:20am On Apr 03, 2018
wiloy2k8:

but who is richer
are u bein.g serious ?? the weekend is miles richer than any Nigeria celeb
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by olajide8(m): 3:11am On Apr 03, 2018
queensera:
American singer "The Weeknd" will be suing Nigerian singer "wizkid" and any other artistes that tries to Trademark "Starboy".

According To The Weekend: He wants people to know that he is the real and only "Starboy." And his lawyers are ready to take on any imposters.

TMZ also reports that the Canadian singer's lawyers filed documentation against Eymun Talasazan, a realtor. Talasazan filed to trademark "Starboy" for his own creative projects long after the Weekend's album and hit song of the same name.

According to TMZ, the musician's legal team found Talasazan was up to other shady copyright business. He previously filed to trademark Straight Outta Bombton" and "Runnin' Through the 6." Such details reveal one thing: he's mostly likely in it for the money.

"Starboy" reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart after spending eight consecutive weeks in the slot for number two, Billboard reports. Additionally, "Starboy" is the Weeknd's third song to reach number one on the chart. It was Daft Punk's first-ever time holding the number one slot on the chart.

Source:
http://www.nairaplus.com/2018/04/american-singer-weeknd-to-sue-wizkid.html

I love where this is going, because this would be the first time a nigerian artist would win a litigation and collect damages from a foreign artist for using his trademark - weekend try am make we hammer -
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by clitlicker: 4:03am On Apr 03, 2018
wizkid is still "a guy".
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by djoey89: 4:50am On Apr 03, 2018
geezynoni:
It's not about who used it first, it's about who registered it first.

you are wise.
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by proprince(m): 5:14am On Apr 03, 2018
Where are my Nig guys? Oya lets match forward to to the weekend (starman ) IG page and inform him that wiz kid is the original star boy grin
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by Nobody: 5:16am On Apr 03, 2018
VampireeM:
I just love the weeknd and his lyrics. Dude is so talented! His recent EP "Melancholy" esp "Call out my name" is bomb
He is the only starboy any other is counterfeit, the naija druggie impostor should take note grin
if not for muximatch I know you CNT just hear the lyrics idiot. that's why you never blow
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by Diso60090(m): 5:18am On Apr 03, 2018
henrygale:

Abi o....na wizkid too me think say started the starboy name.
Wizkid has used the name a while now too.....dunno much about weekend and his songs tho,...
But na dem sabi joh.
Their headache

If you don't know him and his song then you don't wanna be a star boy no more
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by jayman00004(m): 5:18am On Apr 03, 2018
weekend making him more popular #team_wizzzyLion
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by Baroba(m): 5:22am On Apr 03, 2018
SpaceBar:
I think it's a matter of who got the name "Starboy" trademarked first.

Thank you, na you Sabi book here cool, If Wizzy did not register the name Starboy, it doesn't matter if his grandfather gave it to him, he will loose it..The weekend has the financial muscle and connection to make it happen, Hope he doesn't, it's not necessary..

1 Like

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by ralmix(m): 5:48am On Apr 03, 2018
VampireeM:
Is your brain paining you or you have brain infection ?
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by Etianwanokon: 5:51am On Apr 03, 2018
ba7man:
The weekend sold millions of albums, Wizkid sold 25,000 copies of his album.

Wizkid is irrelevant in the global music scene apart from Africans both in the continent and diaspora.

Bad belle want kill you. Like a demented hen that sucks its finest eggs. You can't defend your own.
You have not realize that Nigerian Boys have overtaken the music scene and it's bad market for the Western World.
Let the Boy go and hug transformer.
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by Debhans(m): 6:26am On Apr 03, 2018
queensera:
American singer "The Weeknd" will be suing Nigerian singer "wizkid" and any other artistes that tries to Trademark "Starboy".

According To The Weekend: He wants people to know that he is the real and only "Starboy." And his lawyers are ready to take on any imposters.

TMZ also reports that the Canadian singer's lawyers filed documentation against Eymun Talasazan, a realtor. Talasazan filed to trademark "Starboy" for his own creative projects long after the Weekend's album and hit song of the same name.

According to TMZ, the musician's legal team found Talasazan was up to other shady copyright business. He previously filed to trademark Straight Outta Bombton" and "Runnin' Through the 6." Such details reveal one thing: he's mostly likely in it for the money.

"Starboy" reached number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart after spending eight consecutive weeks in the slot for number two, Billboard reports. Additionally, "Starboy" is the Weeknd's third song to reach number one on the chart. It was Daft Punk's first-ever time holding the number one slot on the chart.

Source:

Alaye you’re talking trash. They are not sueing Wizkid for anything. Get ur facts right. The only person being sued is Eymun Talasazan, a realtor. Talasazan filed to trademark "Starboy" and it’s because he is and was using the StarBoy Trademark to do shady business and wanted to trademark the StarBoy name behind The Weeknd.
Una go just dey twist stories and NL no go even confirm or get facts right before them put the matter for FP. Smh�
This is the real gist on TMZ (( http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2018/04/01/the-weeknd-starboy-marvel-comics-book-trademark-opposition/ ))

1 Like

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by Psoul(m): 6:32am On Apr 03, 2018
obojememe:
u said?

Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by OLUWANISH0LA(m): 6:41am On Apr 03, 2018
ERORR404:
is the weeknd maad? before his starboy album,who knew him as starboy? wizkid has been using the name since leaving EME in like 2012 or there about, and the weeknd's starboy that was just in 2016 here he's claiming ownership of the name? e be like say he lost his sense when he cut that his tree looking dada
even before leaving starboy...
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by robotix: 6:52am On Apr 03, 2018
geezynoni:
none of them has registered it ooo. Check the link I dropped. In fact u will non related companies have registered it lol. Irony
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by kramer: 6:54am On Apr 03, 2018
queensera:

Source:

Congratulations, you've succeeded in misleading all these gullible nairalanders including the mod who out this on front page all for page hits

Where did it say the weeknd WILL be suing Wizkid? This is why people fail Jamb

Seun come and see your mod o
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by whizcartel(m): 6:59am On Apr 03, 2018
GloriaNinja:
lipsrsealed I THOUGHT WIZKID OWNED THE STARBOY TRADEMARK FIRST, THE WEEKEND SHOULD JUST TAKE A CHILL PILL AND SHUT THE HELL UP...

THAT IS IF THIS news IS TRUE.
its on complex news so it is.
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by talk2percy(m): 7:00am On Apr 03, 2018
The weekend?? U go fear name naw
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by ThinkWISELY(m): 7:05am On Apr 03, 2018
Celense:
Maybe he wants to be relevant....the only starboy that's genuine is wizkid's.

Relevant??,like you posted this ??,Weeknd relevant shocked shocked ,am a Wizkid fan,buy he's not even close to The Weekends in everything.
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by ThinkWISELY(m): 7:08am On Apr 03, 2018
SMH,an average Nigerian is still way backward,spits angry shocked, so you guys don't know simple rules in the Music industry?,I think The Weekends has a registered trademark,and you know what that means,by the way,he didn't mention Wizkid,bloggers ehh.
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by ThinkWISELY(m): 7:10am On Apr 03, 2018
Debhans:

Alaye you’re talking trash. They are not sueing Wizkid for anything. Get ur facts right. The only person being sued is Eymun Talasazan, a realtor. Talasazan filed to trademark "Starboy" and it’s because he is and was using the StarBoy Trademark to do shady business and wanted to trademark the StarBoy name behind The Weeknd.
Una go just dey twist stories and NL no go even confirm or get facts right before them put the matter for FP. Smh�
This is the real gist on TMZ (( http://m.tmz.com/#!article/2018/04/01/the-weeknd-starboy-marvel-comics-book-trademark-opposition/ ))

Please tell them, I wonder why Nairaland is becoming shityy these days,a lot of people depends on this forum for credible informations.
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by blessingsonflee(f): 7:11am On Apr 03, 2018
E be like this "weekend" wan enter weekday. Let him go check records. Wizkid is the only Starboy we know. angry
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by riyanxeally(f): 7:14am On Apr 03, 2018
dont Bleep with my weeknd..if it aint xo then it gotta go....bdw wizzy is Africa's star boy..weeknd is d global star boy do the maths....this news is hilarious cuz its so fake...in any case if it were authentic wizkid kpako has gat nothing on my abel.....
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by miketayo(m): 7:16am On Apr 03, 2018
He doesn't even look like a star boy
Re: The Weeknd To Sue Wizkid And Artistes That Trademark "Starboy" by martineverest(m): 7:20am On Apr 03, 2018
geezynoni:
u are the only one that made sense on frontpage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mercy Eke Finds Jefferson Ogbodu Who Gave Her His BBNaija Audition Tag / “My Ex Is A Fool” – DJ Cuppy Declares / Beverly Osu Dressed As A Nun, Smoking Cigarette Cover Of Taylor Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.