Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? (8386 Views)

Joagbaje’s Miracle HIV Healing Claim Debunked / Testimonies Of Healings From HIV And AIDS / Bishop Oyedepo And Hiv Test: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by scribe(m): 1:11pm On Mar 23, 2007
@coloba
I still believe in Miracles. Miracles still happen.
Never mind what people say. If you don't give up, you will surely have a wonderful testimony to tell at the end of the day.

However, you owe it as a duty to inform your fiancee. Ask yourself this question. If I were in her shoes, will I love to be told? If you truly love her, you will tell her the truth now before she discover on her own. Cos having posted this topic, it is no longer a secret. Even if nobody knows you, God can still reveal it to her in a vision or dream. So don't deceive yourself into thinking you can keep her by hiding the truth from her.
Actually, sin prosper in darkness. So let the light shine in. You will be pleasantly surprise what God will do with such sincerity.
Shalom

Quitter don't win, Winners don't quit. So don't give up!!!!
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Mar 23, 2007
i think you are just afraid of losing her right?

but you took a big risk when you had sex with someone else you betrayed her trust, so you need to ask her to forgive you to which is far more important than the HIV you have now. Or else you are just being selfish and thinking of yourself.

The fact that you have HIV will hurt her just as much as the the fact that u were unfaithful.   Waiting till you are healed and hoping it happens soon is just wishful thinking. Obviously it would be perfect for you if all was well with you so you would not have anything to confess.

If you really trust God as you claim then you will have to do just that TRUST that He will take care of you whether your fiancee leaves you or not.

I can tell you this if you DON'T tell her, that same God will SET you up, the cat will tear its way out of the bag by His orchestration

In the new testament we are told that before you bring an offering before God first settle your issues with your fellow man; if he decides not to forgive then you know you have done your part. That's when your offering is acceptable before God.

Please if you know what the word LOVE is then you will tell her what happened so that you sincerity is seen by the same God you hold unto.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:18pm On Mar 23, 2007
zebudaya:

Where's all your anger coming from abi someone infected you with STD and ran?

coloba you should definitely tell your girl. There is no excuse for not telling! None

*rolls eyes* what are you babbling about? Arent you pretty much telling him the same thing I've been saying? as for anger. anger ke? People can keep whining about my words all they want but Im not the one destined to die cheesy

Point is he got all these people to lavish "sweet" words and prayers without going into the real story. He started outr with lies "oh me and my girl have been truth to eachother by abstaining til marriage so my Aids is mysterious, pity me" then runs off and now states to "I cheated on her and now I have Aids", now he wants to not only waste someone else's life but also put her in danger because of his selfishness.

You had better believe I will say something even though I really wouldnt be surprised if this story is just a crock.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:20pm On Mar 23, 2007
salsera:

i think you are just afraid of losing her right?

but you took a big risk when you had sex with someone else you betrayed her trust, so you need to ask her to forgive you to which is far more important than the HIV you have now. Or else you are just being selfish and thinking of yourself.

The fact that you have HIV will hurt her just as much as the the fact that u were unfaithful. Waiting till you are healed and hoping it happens soon is just wishful thinking. Obviously it would be perfect for you if all was well with you so you would not have anything to confess.

I can tell you this if you DON'T tell her, that same God will SET you up, the cat will tear its way out of the bag by His orchestration

Very true.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by AdaezeUS(f): 6:05pm On Mar 23, 2007
drlawng,

I'm so happy that there is a doctor here in the US who professes Jesus. Thanks for knowing Jesus while prescribing healings to his sheep.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by AdaezeUS(f): 6:21pm On Mar 23, 2007
coloba

How long have yall been together, give history on yall relationship. You have to tell her if you have a secure future if its rocky then relieve her of any mishaps. I never been in your situation and don't know what ill do if someone i loved told me this. I know I just cant leave this person, unless its rocky. I'll be 27 this month, my God. I've put myself in your shoes. I know its not over, you can live a lifetime. Keep taking meds, exercise and create a healthy diet. find the HIV/AIDS forum and there are even people looking to marry with the same illness. Trust me above all God wants to prosper you. God afflicted Job for his glory, and whatever God does to you its for his glory. You or someone may say "why would God give you this illness for his glory"? God did not GIVE it to you, he ALLOWED you to catch it b/c of a door of iniquity, sin, or those things that is not pleasing to God. Remember Job was the only person in the bible underneath Jesus who was upright and never sinned. so he has a different story. BUT for you, God is still the same today, yesterday and forever more. So even though God ALLOWED this disease, WATCH how God use you in a mighty way. Watch how your faith increase. Watch how your prayer life increase. What how you relationshiop with God grow. Watch how you begin to hate sin as God does. JUST WATCH. Trust me, I'm not a prophetess, I;m just telling you WATCH!!! For his (Jehovah) name sake he will heal you. Your healing may or maynot manifest in the nature (in your body) but watch your spirit man rise up and take dominion. Amen. Dont worry, God got your back!!! All God wants us to do his turn from our wicked ways and seek him. Matt 6:33. OOH and when the devil remind you of your condition, remind him of the buring lake of fire that he, death and hell will be cast into. AMEN. The devil will burn in the lake of fire forever. Aren't you GLAD, your enemy will suffer, aren't you GLAD that your mortal body will pass away and you will receive a glorify body through Christ. In HEAVEN there is no sickness, disease, sorry, pain, worries, bills, depression, medicines, etc. BUT ALL PRAISES!!!!! God be with you. I'm blessed to have blessed u today
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by joicee(f): 7:45pm On Mar 23, 2007
Sorry to hear about that.

But this may sound silly but do you know how you become infected?

If it through intercourse? do you have any clue who is responsible for it?

I personally think that there should be a law prosecuting people who knowing transmit the disease.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by etauso(m): 8:12pm On Mar 23, 2007
Coloba, the simple answer is to take your case to God with faith and be healed. You can register @ the Christ Embassy Healing School with faith and your healing will come a 100% from God.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by naijafresh: 8:18pm On Mar 23, 2007
@seun

I read your earlier post and i wan to use this opportunity to correct some misconceptions about HIV and HIV testing

When one is taking HAART (highly active antiretroviral drug therapy) HIV is still detectable in the blood so by definition they are still HIV positive.

They have been a few cases in the world of people proven to be HIV positive later seroconverting ie becoming HIV negative and not having detectable levels of HIV in the blood. This is because they have the rare ability of killing off the virus and eradicating it from the body. This ability was first demonstrated in some east African prostitutes who were repeatedly exposed to HIV

A lot of cases of people who have tested positive and then negative have been as a result of problems with the serological tests (ELISA) which are not infallible hence a blood sample is usually tested twice and in some labs three times if the first result is positive This is to reduce the incidence of what we call in the medical field false positives. In some unscrupulous labs which i am sure abound in Nigeria the sample is only tested once hence there will be a higher rate of false positives.

The newer methods of testing for HIV look for particles of virus rather than antibodies to virus and hence are very sensitive Theses are called PCR tests
SO if you are going to have an HIV test where possible ask for the more reliable PCR test

Cheers

Oz
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by Okeamu1(m): 8:35pm On Mar 23, 2007
Some people have HIV for their life time without getting AIDS, so dont discourage the dude. Also there are cures for these decease in developing countries. I know some of them even the gambia prez cure aids/hiv
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by naijafresh: 9:02pm On Mar 23, 2007
Then greatest obstacle to the HIV positive individual is the amount of myth, disinformation and false information surrounding HIV
The only way an HIV positive person will not develop AIDS is if the virus is suppressed. Thats the whole point of anti-retrovirals
I notice most of the comments on HIV are made by people who have never seen or treated an HIV positive patient in their lives

If the Gambian president can treat HIV why isn't everyone with HIV flocking to Gambia for an instant cure?
We all remember what the South African president said about HIV. He, by his utterances became single handedly responsible for a lot more deaths in South Africa by promoting the myth that HIV doesn't exist!!

Wise up and educate yourselves from the correct sources please hearsay is dangerous

Nuff said!
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by spoilt(f): 9:25pm On Mar 23, 2007
Not trying to be sadistic, but it would help you to face reality.

You're going to die. Get ready.

@ macalurs
haba! have you ever heard of tact? or compassion for that matter?
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by mexpresses(m): 10:11pm On Mar 23, 2007
Guy, whatever happened is in the past, first of all realize that Jesus died for your sins, he died so u could be free from sin, whenever we err against God all we have to do is repent and God washes us white as snow, i hope u have , secondly jesus died for ur sins as well as for your health, thats y the bible says "by his stripes we are healed", Fact is God doesent want you to die, he was flogged brutally so u wouldnt be sick, you are healed, so forget about what the doctors have said, or friends, shut ur ears to the devil and only open ur eyes to God's word. there are countless of HIV patients that God has healed! in Nigeria, u re gonna be among them by God's grace, most people say if God want s to heal you he will, see ur healing dosent depend on God, it depends on u, God has done his part, (by his stripes, isaiah 53 :3-5)so u have to do urs, by following this steps

Follow this steps

1. Make God’s Word the final authority.
The Word says that by the stripes of Jesus you were healed
(1 Peter 2:24).

2. Refuse to believe what you see and feel.
Only believe the Word.

3. Refuse doubt and unbelief.
When the devil whispers doubt and unbelief into your
mind, deal with those thoughts immediately. Cast them
down; don’t dwell on them.

4. Meditate God’s Word.
Keep your mind fixed on the promises.

5. Cast your care upon the Lord.
The devil will try to use anxiety over your situation to
choke the Word in your heart so that the promises will
become unfruitful (Mark 4:19).

6. Praise God for your healing!
Praising God before you see a manifestation is the highest
form of faith.

7. Don’t waver.
James said that the person who wavers in his faith should
not expect to receive anything from the Lord (James 1:6-7).

8. Never let go!
No matter what happens, continue to stand on God’s Word
for your healing.

9. Listen to the Word!
One of the main methods of keeping your mind renewed
to the Word is to listen to the Word on tape, CD, video
or DVD.

10. Confess the Word concerning your healing.
It is difficult to believe that you are healed if you are constantly
talking about your sickness. Speak only words that
are in agreement with God’s will for your healing.

You are the healed of God.I will pray for you, i mean that, u will give ur testimoney when ur healing is complete, you are blessed
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by LadyT(f): 11:03pm On Mar 23, 2007
Have you told your fiance?

She has a right to know.

Its a shame that you can't have kids but maybe you can use your life experience to help others.

But please don't put anyone else at risk because you fear what people will say when they find out. 

There is no cure as of yet for HIV but its nice to see that your faith gives you strength just don't allow yourself to be deceived by those who believe they can heal you.

Another point maybe go and have other test.  I have heard in Nigeria peoples results get mixed up!
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:05pm On Mar 23, 2007
T mi, where have you been? kiss
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by Radiant(f): 11:52pm On Mar 23, 2007
Coloba,sorry about your situation but please, before you get healed, can you tell your "fiancee" about this situation and kindly let her go!!!

The fact you don't have sex doesn't mean that's the only way to transmit HIV. Biko, please, joo. . let her go!!!
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by adia(f): 4:44am On Mar 24, 2007
hi Coloba, ur posting is so touching! It shall be well becos u bliv in God. He never remembers our past. Just bliv yer. Good luck.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by justme3(m): 10:40am On Mar 24, 2007
pls don't resolve to self-pity cos it doesn't really help,i advice u 2 see a counsellor and stuff like dat.Believe its well and it will be
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by dafidixone(m): 1:08pm On Mar 24, 2007
Dear Friend,

It is good that you know on time. I will also like to appreciate your courage that miight have prompt you to do the test. You are more at advantage position for knowing your status than many who are not sure.

I wish to let you know that, you must learn to live with it. How can you? you may go to one of this organisations for possible assistance.

YMCA of Nigeria, 14, Coker Road Ilupeju.

Hope World wide at Obanikoro.

Or Action Health Incorporated.

Living with HIV is not a problem but a challenge to face.

If you take good care of yourself, you will devinitely live longer than you expected.

Keep Hope alive man.

Love you kiss
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by miky(m): 1:21am On Mar 25, 2007
@coloba

bros before you start panicking listen to this documentaries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi7wo2KTkaQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9fzIV8Ylnw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH08k_GAM9M&mode=related&search=

test more than four times sef, in different regions of the country if possible out of the country. before you start taking their drugs.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by georget(m): 2:37am On Mar 25, 2007
aids is real.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by dre901(m): 9:19am On Mar 25, 2007
Coloba

So happy for you that at least you know your status now, many people out there dont know thier HIV status. so count urself very lucky. please dont get me wrong, i feel bad that you have hiv but you can still achive all you set out for your self in life as far as you belive you can do it.hiv does not kill but AIDS.My advice to you is to start taking your drugs, eat alot and rest very well .also please think less it will help you.i know of a lady that has had HIV for over 10years but when you see her you wont accept it becos she has decided that hiv will not stop her from doing things that make her happy.
so my brother GOD is in control.in all suitations thank GOD.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by aikmamah(m): 4:11pm On Mar 25, 2007
and come to think of it, i hand sex (raw) with a girl i met over the intenet, never knew her before just met her online , then fixed a date met an d had sex (raw) and can u imagine, i had a parket of condom in my porket, yes i know its stupid that one of the stupid things we do just to regret latter, before u say anything, i have choosen to go 4 HIV test nest month.I AM NOT PROUD OF WHAT I DID. just pray i dont make such mistake again
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by sweetchick(f): 11:51am On Mar 26, 2007
WOW. Do people still take such risks? That was an incredibly risky thing to do. Why wait till next month to do the test?
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by cosby(m): 5:58pm On Mar 26, 2007
coloba,
all i can say is that, it is well and besides, YOU WILL NOT DIE, am so convinced about that, God will see you through.that other people die each time they have the virus does not mean you are goin to die like them, you are created for a purpose and the purpose most be fulfilled irrespective of all u are goin tru now.

for all other people that are saying jagons i mean some of the posted letters, 50% of all those saying jagons are also infected, they should go and check themselves too, it is what is in vougue, am a lab scientist and i get up to 4 people that are positive evryweek in the place i work sometimes after i come back from my own place of work, am both an environmental scientist and a medical lab scientist.so don't kil your sef, use your drugs and live your normal life, try to take your mind off it.
i love you

COSBY
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by naijafresh: 10:16am On Mar 27, 2007
@sweetchick

You have to wait 4-6 months before the HIV virus has overwhelmed the immune system enough to become detectable in the blood and for the body to start producing antibodies to the virus which can also be detected in the blood ( the antibodies are largely ineffective)
It starts by attacking certain types of White blood cells which are responsible for fighting and preventing infections.
When it has destroyed all these cells called T Lymphocytes the individual develops full blown AIDS.

It is ususally unchecked and aggressive infections that leads to the death of an AIDS patient as the body has not got enough of these white cells to fight even simple infections. In countries with a good treatment programme for HIV infections can be treated aggresively icreasing teh lifespan of HIV pos individuals. But then the other complications of HIV seen in the heart, brain, skin and certain types of cancer become more of a problem

Anti-retrovirals prevent the growth and multiplication of the HIV virus and so protect the White blood cells giving them a chance to recover

wink
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by luvlexxy: 12:54pm On Mar 27, 2007
Dear Coloba,

You are a courageous Man and victory is bound to be yours (amen), but in fairness there is still one more hurdle to be crossed and that is by telling your woman the sincere truth I believe your coming here to declare your Health statue has a purpose which is part of the healing process God has for you so that his healing covenant for you could come to pass, it's well understood your not telling her is due to fear of loosing her so you could tell her at a later time, but brother I doubt if God works that way,God does things in omniscience way and not the reverse, he wants people who seek him to come with pure mind, what makes you think she wouldn't forgive you and even help you in every way she could if you confess  the truth to her.
If you could summon the courage to tell the 87,187 Nairaland members here, and without knowing you and most have given you their moral support, shed more light into how to deal with situation, then do the same to her maybe doing that is one of things you had to do to as partly towards your breakthrough.
We are all sinners mind you, so go to her confess, ask for her forgiveness and then tell her you want to leave because you don't think you deserve her and leave the rest to God to work on her for you, instead of working on her yourself as the case is now. Test his kindness and mercy with this and I am sure Thanksgiven songs shall be yours at the end of the day.
God Bless
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by Everbright(f): 1:51pm On Mar 27, 2007
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by Tzar(m): 5:46am On Mar 28, 2007
Why is everyone so sympathetic. How many of d pple dat hv replied have/intend to gone/go 4 HIV test. we are so quick 2 be sympathetic without knowing our status. Yes, I am yet 2 get tested too. I plan 2 go b4 d end of this year. I am educating myself and preparing my psyche 4 whatever d outcome is.I think its high time we started getting tested. As there is a way out now!
Coloba, u r towing d right line. Trust in God, he can do it. Also, eat good food and immune boosting foods like omega (Fish) oils, yogurt, amino acids, red meat (moderately), fruits etc. U maynt need retro viral drugs 4 a long while. Being positive isnt a death sentence. It is just a wake up call. Also, get registered with a govt hospital or LASACA / NACHA to enjoy free retro viral drugs. Treat every ailment promptly and always complete ur dose of treatment. Live a healthy life and exercise regularly. try not 2 think about it- meditation helps. U can focus on healing verses in d Bible by repeating it aloud 2 urself as often as possible. Or repeat aloud regularly as many as 1000 or more times a day "everyday in every way I am getting better and better"
I got 2 know dat 10% of those who test +ve may never manifest AIDS, also with proper use of ur retro viral drug, u can live ur full years. Avoid having indiscriminate sex as this can cause other HIV viruses to combine with d existing one , thus making it more resistant to treatment.
Diplomatically tell ur fiancee 2 get tested too. If she is +ve, u guys can get married & have HIV -ve children via specialist doctors dat can assist. If she is -ve I think u shouldnt tell her. Just break up wit her in a civil way. B/c of the exposure of most pple the less pple u tell d better 4 u. This is to protect ur complex and psyche.
If she is -ve & u have difficulty abstaining 4rm sex totally, seek anoda HIV +ve girl 4rm some of d grps forming now 4 marriage. U'll get dem in churches and hospitals.
I hope I have been of help.
Good Luck.
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by ATLANTA96(m): 2:13am On May 22, 2007
WITH THE GOD OF CHOSEN, NOTHING LIKE HIV.
I AM WEL CONFUSED AND TO TELL U THE ALMIGHTY TRUTH THAT IS WHERE GOD DEMOSTRATE HIS POWER
IF ANYBODY DWAT ME JUST GO AND SEE URSELF, IF U ASK ME I WILL TELL U THAT GOD IS A GOD OF CHOSEN
IF EVERY OTHER god FAIL U, TRY THE GOD OF CHOSEN, A PLACE WHERE EVERY INCURABLE DISEASES BOW.
THE PASTOR WAS REALLY CALLED BY GOD AND GOD MAKES SURE HE GAVE HIM ALL THE POWER TO DESTROY
THE KINGDOM OF DARKNESS AND AND WIN SOULS TO CHRIST, VISIT.
www. thelordschosen.org
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by macalurs(m): 11:32pm On May 23, 2007
um. . .
Re: Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do? by becool89(f): 6:51am On Jun 04, 2007
ur hiv +, my dear ndo, sorry, take heart. better look 4 money to use and buy medicine. try and make the most of the situation, a lot hiv + pple live long lives if dey stick to their medication. u have a very long and hard road ahead of you but if ur determined to live and not just to live but to actually work hard(in terms of sticking to the medication), u may just have a fighting chance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tb Joshua Prophesies Zambia’s Historic Afcon Victory / Angola Becomes The First Country In The World To Ban Islam & Muslims / The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.