Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,377 members, 7,850,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:27 PM

Why Do Africans Place Much Emphasis On Virginity? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Africans Place Much Emphasis On Virginity? (814 Views)

Message On Virginity From Allakaduna Nzeogwu Facebook Page / Why Do Nigerian Ladies Lay Soo Much Emphasis On A Man To Have Plenty Money / On Your Wedding Night, You Discovered He Or She Lied On Virginity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Africans Place Much Emphasis On Virginity? by prechbills1(m): 4:47am On Apr 04, 2018
Why Do Africans Place Much Emphasis On Virginity?

It has come to my notice that the way Africans talk about virginity is very ridiculous.

how can a sane human being say virginity is the greatest or best gift a woman can give to her husband? is that not the justifying if the word "Women have nothing to offer other than sex? " ,because by saying that Virginity is the best thing a lady can offer her husband you're simply implying that the best thing a lady can offer her husband is "sex".

Whether virgin or not, a woman is a woman.
virginity won't contribute anything to a marriage.

I also hear/read statements that a man will forever cherish the lady he deflowered by himself when they get married, that simply means you married the lady because of sex.

it's not bad to be a Virgini but it is wrong to force your opinion on others that they must all remain Virgins.

when it comes to matters like these Africans behave as if they're more Christianized than our biblical fathers.

King David didn't marry a virgin, but he cherished all his wives.

In fact no Hebrew king married a Virgin, yet they all cherished their wives.

I just weep for Africa when I hear African men make statements like this; Men only worship ladies who got marry to them as virgins, their might be some issues in the marriage no doubt but that "external respect" will always be their for her for life."

The truth is people who think this way are backwards and ignorant.

We as Africans were not Christians in the first place, Europeans introduced Christianity to Africa when they colonized the African continent.
Christianity started in Europe, yes it started there because Christianity started in Antioch and Antioch is in Greece, Greece is in Europe .
Europeans where the ones who introduced us to Christianity yet they don't tag virginity as a pride, when then are Africans being more religious when it comes to such matters? even some men that say things like this don't attend church programs.
In Europe where Christianity started you can't see pastors, bishops or men saying that; virginity is the greatest gift a lady can offer her husband, such words can even land you in trouble.
Even in America, I've been to America before so I can testify to that, they don't care about virgins or whatever all they care about is love, delligence and hard work. during my 9months stay in Texas I never heard these kinda words in America, are Africans more religous than Americans? NO. I've visited American relationship blogs, sites and forums you won't hear these backward words.

when it comes to useless things like virginity, Africans especially the male gender tend to be more religious than Europe where Christianity started from.

while your mates are;
√inventing technologies ,
√developing their infrastructure ,
√getting educated,
√and contributing to science and outer space

all African men tend to think about is "sex".

when US President Donald Trump used the word "shithole" to describe the African continent I wasn't angry because that is what the African continent really is.

it is high time Africans especially the male gender restructure/re-organize/civilize their minds..

that's all I have to say.
I wish this thread can be pushed to FP.

what a shame to mankind has the African continent become.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Place Much Emphasis On Virginity? by Nwodosis(m): 5:01am On Apr 04, 2018
Virginity is good but it doesn't make one the best wife!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Place Much Emphasis On Virginity? by prechbills1(m): 5:07am On Apr 04, 2018
Nwodosis:
Virginity is good but it doesn't make one the best wife!
undecided
Re: Why Do Africans Place Much Emphasis On Virginity? by prechbills1(m): 5:39am On Apr 04, 2018
lalasticlala honour humanity.
Re: Why Do Africans Place Much Emphasis On Virginity? by sonofthunder: 5:42am On Apr 04, 2018
trash

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Place Much Emphasis On Virginity? by prechbills1(m): 5:47am On Apr 04, 2018
sonofthunder:
trash

you don't have to comment, I'm not surprised there are many kids and uncivilized fellows on nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Place Much Emphasis On Virginity? by ubunja(m): 6:35am On Apr 04, 2018
your hatred of virginity is becoming rediculous.
Re: Why Do Africans Place Much Emphasis On Virginity? by Jochabed(f): 10:20am On Apr 04, 2018
If God HATES FORNICATION,then he expects us all to be Virgins, even though that's not the case. So it's not an African mentality,It is HEAVEN ORIENTED!!
Re: Why Do Africans Place Much Emphasis On Virginity? by prechbills1(m): 7:35pm On Apr 04, 2018
Jochabed:
If God HATES FORNICATION,then he expects us all to be Virgins, even though that's not the case. So it's not an African mentality,It is HEAVEN ORIENTED!!

you're not God. ..because you want to be a virgin doesn't mean every other person should be a virgin,, take your preachings from nairaland
Re: Why Do Africans Place Much Emphasis On Virginity? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 05, 2018
prechbills1:

you're not God. ..because you want to be a virgin doesn't mean every other person should be a virgin,, take your preachings from nairaland
If every woman wants to be a virgin, how exactly does that affect your life?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Place Much Emphasis On Virginity? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 05, 2018
prechbills1:
Why Do Africans Place Much Emphasis On Virginity?

It has come to my notice that the way Africans talk about virginity is very ridiculous.

how can a sane human being say virginity is the greatest or best gift a woman can give to her husband? is that not the justifying if the word "Women have nothing to offer other than sex? " ,because by saying that Virginity is the best thing a lady can offer her husband you're simply implying that the best thing a lady can offer her husband is "sex".

Whether virgin or not, a woman is a woman.
virginity won't contribute anything to a marriage.

I also hear/read statements that a man will forever cherish the lady he deflowered by himself when they get married, that simply means you married the lady because of sex.

it's not bad to be a Virgini but it is wrong to force your opinion on others that they must all remain Virgins.

when it comes to matters like these Africans behave as if they're more Christianized than our biblical fathers.

King David didn't marry a virgin, but he cherished all his wives.

In fact no Hebrew king married a Virgin, yet they all cherished their wives.

I just weep for Africa when I hear African men make statements like this; Men only worship ladies who got marry to them as virgins, their might be some issues in the marriage no doubt but that "external respect" will always be their for her for life."

The truth is people who think this way are backwards and ignorant.

We as Africans were not Christians in the first place, Europeans introduced Christianity to Africa when they colonized the African continent.
Christianity started in Europe, yes it started there because Christianity started in Antioch and Antioch is in Greece, Greece is in Europe .
Europeans where the ones who introduced us to Christianity yet they don't tag virginity as a pride, when then are Africans being more religious when it comes to such matters? even some men that say things like this don't attend church programs.
In Europe where Christianity started you can't see pastors, bishops or men saying that; virginity is the greatest gift a lady can offer her husband, such words can even land you in trouble.
Even in America, I've been to America before so I can testify to that, they don't care about virgins or whatever all they care about is love, delligence and hard work. during my 9months stay in Texas I never heard these kinda words in America, are Africans more religous than Americans? NO. I've visited American relationship blogs, sites and forums you won't hear these backward words.

when it comes to useless things like virginity, Africans especially the male gender tend to be more religious than Europe where Christianity started from.

while your mates are;
√inventing technologies ,
√developing their infrastructure ,
√getting educated,
√and contributing to science and outer space

all African men tend to think about is "sex".

when US President Donald Trump used the word "shithole" to describe the African continent I wasn't angry because that is what the African continent really is.

it is high time Africans especially the male gender restructure/re-organize/civilize their minds..

that's all I have to say.
I wish this thread can be pushed to FP.

what a shame to mankind has the African continent become.
And what's the end-point of your write-up? Because this is pointless

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Place Much Emphasis On Virginity? by ubunja(m): 5:28pm On Apr 05, 2018
Simran94:

If every woman wants to be a virgin, how exactly does that affect your life?
more virgins less sex for him. obviously. dude survives on hoes.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Africans Place Much Emphasis On Virginity? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Apr 05, 2018
ubunja:
more virgins less sex for him. obviously. dude survives on hoes.
Oh, that must be it
Re: Why Do Africans Place Much Emphasis On Virginity? by khingTony(m): 5:45pm On Apr 05, 2018
I think u made a mistake

This ought not to be posted here

You are supposed to send this to your girlfriend that refused you sex cos she want to save her Virginity for her future husband
Re: Why Do Africans Place Much Emphasis On Virginity? by Stevyne: 5:51pm On Apr 05, 2018
Simran94:

And what's the end-point of your write-up? Because this is pointless
And u had to quote the whole post, your brain need overhauling
Re: Why Do Africans Place Much Emphasis On Virginity? by sonofthunder: 7:27pm On Apr 05, 2018
prechbills1:

you don't have to comment, I'm not surprised there are many kids and uncivilized fellows on nairaland.
still trash...

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Singer Poses Unclad To Make A Public Statement / Beautiful Bride And Her 7 Bridesmaids Slays In Swimsuit (photos) / ''I Make 100k From Every Blue Film I Act In'' Nigerian IndecentStar,watch (video18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.