Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR (8450 Views)

Enugu is leading in IGR automation, says Finance Committee Chairman / Buhari Responsible For Rise In Suicides In Nigeria - PDP / Lagos State Generates 436 Billion In IGR In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by Balyz: 10:20pm On Apr 04, 2018
Bede2u:
fulani ppl? Are u guys even good people?
When are you planning on opening a codeine patent medicine store?
Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by FlyoruB: 10:21pm On Apr 04, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Aregbe sola should be observing this.

Get your facts right before talking crap.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 04, 2018
FlyoruB:

He is alone... Don't mind the yeye boi

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by Bnladan(m): 10:44pm On Apr 04, 2018
MichaelSokoto:
dats my state, sakwoto masha Allah! cool
Michael? undecided better look for ur state ipob foreigner.
Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by Nobody: 10:44pm On Apr 04, 2018
Well done Tambuwal.
Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by Pimiento(m): 10:45pm On Apr 04, 2018
Anthony Joshua made N10.8 billion just a day.
Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 04, 2018
Pimiento:
Anthony Joshua made N10.8 billion just a day.

He just went to the ring and collected the cash, abi?

10BN, kowai just appeared.

Lazy Nigerian youth's angry

You all think bread (money) is made with free ingredients.

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by CodeTemplar: 11:21pm On Apr 04, 2018
FlyoruB:

What is the crap here? Stop talking ng proverb if u have facts.
Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by deomelo: 11:29pm On Apr 04, 2018
CodeTemplar:

Sokoto generated 9.2 billion total.

Osun generated 11.7 billion total

11.7 billion - 9.3 billion = 2.31

Meaning Osun generated 2.3 billion more than Sokoto.

So, who should be learning from who?

Let facts and common sense speak for you instead of ignorance, bitterness, anger and ipob frustration.
Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by janey1984: 12:06am On Apr 05, 2018
ManirBK:
Sokoto recorded a total of N9.02 billion Internally generated revenue in 2017, achieving 98.40 per cent annual growth on her IGR compared to previous year,the state Governor Aminu Tambuwal has disclosed.
He added that the state government had begun process of repealing obsolete laws militating against effective revenue generation in Sokoto state.
The governor said a bill would soon be sent to the state House of Assembly for passage into law.
Special Adviser to the Governor on Media and Public Affairs, Malam Imam Imam, said Tambuwal disclosed this after a meeting with officials of the interim management committee of the state board of internal revenue.
He said the boost in revenue followed the intervention put in place by appointing new officers to head the revenue generating agency in the state.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sokoto-records-98-rise-in-igr.html?does I reflect on their standard of living. Guess they still top the chart on child mortality and abuse
Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by FlyoruB: 12:22am On Apr 05, 2018
CodeTemplar:

Did you not see the igr data of Osun for 2017 that was attached with the post you quoted? If you are not blind and still have your reasoning faculty intact, you would have seen that your comment about Aregbe was dumb because Osun igr for the same year is more than Sokoto's, also the state's igr increased compared to last year, and on top of that, it brought in more internally generated revenue than the amount it received as federal allocation -- a development that can't be said for Sokoto.
Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by CodeTemplar: 12:33am On Apr 05, 2018
deomelo:

Sokoto generated 9.2 billion total.

Osun generated 11.7 billion total

11.7 billion - 9.3 billion = 2.31

Meaning Osun generated 2.3 billion more than Sokoto.

So, who should be learning from who?

Let facts and common sense speak for you instead of ignorance, bitterness, anger and ipob frustration.
Your brain appears not to have comprehended my post.
What was the percentage increase of Osun's IGR from the previous year compared to Sokoto?
What you just did is like comparing standard of living in Kenya to Nigeria with the size of budget.
Did Osun increase her IGR by almost 100% in a single year like Sokoto just did ? That's my point. Get it?

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by CodeTemplar: 12:37am On Apr 05, 2018
FlyoruB:

Did you not see the igr data of Osun for 2017 that was attached with the post you quoted? If you are not blind and still have your reasoning faculty intact, you would have seen that your comment about Aregbe was dumb because Osun igr for the same year is more than Sokoto's, also the state's igr increased compared to last year, and on top of that, it brought in more internally generated revenue than the amount it received as federal allocation -- a development that can't be said for Sokoto.
Nigeria's budget is bigger than Kenya's budget but Kenya's standard of living is better than Nigeria's.
Another example for your excitable self : Under the previous admin Nigeria was once tagged one of the fastest growing economy in the world but there were many bigger economy than ours. The is a difference between a state with fast rising IGR and another with a sluggish IGR increase. Get it?

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by CodeTemplar: 12:41am On Apr 05, 2018
FlyoruB:

Are you for real. Osun's IGR is more than federal allocation? Please stop the open lies.
Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by Blue3k(m): 12:56am On Apr 05, 2018
Wow that's impressive growth.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by deomelo: 1:06am On Apr 05, 2018
[s]
CodeTemplar:
Your brain appears not to have comprehended my post.
What was the percentage increase of Osun's IGR from the previous year compared to Sokoto?
What you just did is like comparing standard of living in Kenya to Nigeria with the size of budget.
Did Osun increase her IGR by almost 100% in a single year like Sokoto just did ? That my point. Get it?
[/s]

Your rate of increase excuse is the dumbest excuse ever, just like your initial dumbo and and ignorant assertion. The fact that Sokoto's IGR increased means what exactly?

Your infantile common sense did not inform you that they are finally able to tap or plug holes that they've obviously been incompetently ignoring previously? The fact that they arrived at almost 100% increase means they have not been collecting anything for years while Osun logging in more numbers and still increasing means they are and have been collecting aggressively.

100% means they have not been collecting anything till now. Or you mind telling us what they collected last year? Was it 100% also?

Park that weak brain somewhere abeg.

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by CodeTemplar: 1:48am On Apr 05, 2018
deomelo:

Your rate of increase excuse is the dumbest excuse ever, just like your initial dumbo and and ignorant assertion. The fact that Sokoto's IGR increased means what exactly?

Your infantile common sense did not inform you that they are finally able to tap or plug holes that they've obviously been incompetently ignoring previously? The fact that they arrived at almost 100% increase means they have not been collecting anything for years while Osun logging in more numbers and still increasing means they are and have been collecting aggressively.

100% means they have not been collecting anything till now. Or you mind telling us what they collected last year? Was it 100% also?

Go tell the bold to the whole world who celebrate fastest growing economy as much as the celebrate largest economies.
From world 3rd fastest growing economy, Nigeria drops out of Top 15 in Africa

Having enjoyed blissful growth over the past decade, Nigeria was one of the fastest growing economies in the world, but it is not one of the 15 fastest growing economies in Africa for 2016. In 2014 and early 2015, Nigeria was named the third fastest growing economy in the world by CNNMoney, with China and Qatar, taking the lead at 7.3 percent, 7.1 percent gross domestic product (GDP) growth.
Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/04/from-world-3rd-fastest-growing-economy-nigeria-drops-out-of-top-15-in-africa/

Or may be IMF too is dumb for celbrating the fastest growing economy. In economics it isn't all about how far but more about how well an economic unit is growing. Sokoto is growing faster than Osun currently and that is call for concern. If your business rivals are getting 100% ROI and you think because your Capital + Asset is already bigger than theirs but get a lower ROI your are cool, then you stand the chance of being overtaken soon.
Stop supporting mediocrity blindly. It doesnt work well for the masses.

Nigeria drops from being world's fastest growing economy, loses ground in Africa
- IMF drops Nigeria out of world ratings for fastest growing economies
- Nigeria loses ground in Africa as she is not listed among top 15 on the continent

Nigeria's rating as one of the fastest growing economies in the world has plummeted drastically, the International Monetary Fund (IMF) has revealed. Nigeria was in 2014 and 2015, rated the third fastest growing economy in the world after China (7.3 percent GDP growth) and Qatar (7.1 percent GDP) by CNNMoney, is not even among the 15 fastest growing economies in Africa for 2016. This drop in economic status of the country which now stands at 2.8 percent in GDP, has been blamed on the uncertainty that followed the 2015 elections, the unprecedented crash in crude oil price, and late revelation of policy direction by newly-inaugurated President Muhammadu Buhari's government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by CodeTemplar: 1:55am On Apr 05, 2018
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Your infantile common sense did not inform you that they are finally able to tap or[b] plug holes[/b] that they've obviously been incompetently ignoring previously? The fact that they arrived at almost 100% increase means they have not been collecting anything for years while Osun logging in more numbers and still increasing means they are and have been collecting aggressively.

Since whem has IGR been all about collecting and blocking loop holes. What about rice production increase. don't Osun have arable land and cash crops? Stop the bling defense man. Pkus can you back up those wild accusation of yours with facts? I doubt it.
Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by deomelo: 3:26am On Apr 05, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Since whem has IGR been all about collecting and blocking loop holes. What about rice production increase. don't Osun have arable land and cash crops? Stop the bling defense man. Pkus can you back up those wild accusation of yours with facts? I doubt it.

Sokoto recorded a total of N9.02 billion Internally generated revenue in 2017, achieving 98.40 per cent annual growth on her IGR compared to previous year,the state Governor Aminu Tambuwal has disclosed.
He added that the state government had begun process of repealing obsolete laws militating against effective revenue generation in Sokoto state.
The governor said a bill would soon be sent to the state House of Assembly for passage into law.
Special Adviser to the Governor on Media and Public Affairs, Malam Imam Imam, said Tambuwal disclosed this after a meeting with officials of the interim management committee of the state board of internal revenue.
He said the boost in revenue followed the intervention put in place by appointing new officers to head the revenue generating agency in the state.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sokoto-records-98-rise-in-igr.html?

See, this is why going back and forth with you ignorant, bitter and disgruntled Igbos is always frustrating.

The government stated categorically in the article that I'm 100% sure you did not read, that to arrive at the increase, they repealed some laws militating against effective revenue, meaning the law was blocking effective collection, an obvious legal loopholes people are using to evade the taxman.

It is right there in the article, they explained exactly what they did and what's been preventing effective collection, but of course, Igbos cannot read and comprehend simple English words.

Only mentally flawed people like you suggest such rubbish that a strong IGR generating state with better numbers should learn from weak IGR generating states.

Your field marshall and hero Fayose in Ekiti nko? You conveniently forgot about him?

Now, why are you crying over Osun state? Why not your own anambra village where they are even too afraid and shamed to collect disclose their IGR numbers? Where are the only achievements borehole, keke ambulance and 1-year-old crumbling abomination bridge?

Abi Osun state did not commission more and better quality projects than all your SE states combined since independence?

Abi your governors and poor and miserable states the only governors in Nigeria commissioning boreholes and substandard projects?

Abi your worthless villages don't have arable land too? Why is Osun state still delivery more and better projects than all your SE villages?

STFU and cry over your borehole and keke ambulance village, Osun is ahead of all your villages combined and if you need me to bury with facts, I will in a jiffy.

And next time, read and comprehend before you open your rubbihs mouth.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by deomelo: 4:52am On Apr 05, 2018
CodeTemplar:

Sokoto is growing faster than Osun currently and that is call for concern.

Osun state's IGR grew by 34% and still projects larger IGR over Sokoto, but according to your ignorance, Osun should be worried because Sokoto is growing faster than Osun?

Is this the ignorant side effects of your ipob village square education?

So, going by your lazy mentality submission, since Sokoto's IGR grew by 98% Lagos state also should be concerned because Sokoto is growing faster than Lagos state and even the rest of Nigeria?

There should be some kind of internet restriction to prevent ignorant and unintelligent Igbos from polluting the intern with their rancid and low intellect garbage.

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by FlyoruB: 6:32am On Apr 05, 2018
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
CodeTemplar:

Are you for real. Osun's IGR is more than federal allocation? Please stop the open lies.

I think something must be wrong with you because I already attached the image of the data from NBS (if in doubt you can go to http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/ and download the full igr report for all the states) that shows just that in a previous post. If you are not too dumb to comprehend it, here it is again. Maybe you will get it this time around. Look at the bottom, 'NET FAAC Allocation' shows what the state received from the FG for the year, while Total State Generated Revenue is the state IGR for the same year. But I know you will still form deaf and dumb but at least others can see how stoopid you are.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by sokera: 7:10am On Apr 05, 2018
deomelo:

Osun state's IGR grew by 34% and still projects larger IGR over Sokoto, but according to your ignorance, Osun should be worried because Sokoto is growing faster than Osun?

Is this the ignorant side effects of your ipob village square education?

So, going by your lazy mentality submission, since Sokoto's IGR grew by 98% Lagos state also should be concerned because Sokoto is growing faster than Lagos state and even the rest of Nigeria?

There should be some kind of internet restriction to prevent ignorant and unintelligent Igbos from polluting the intern with their rancid and low intellect garbage.

I have decided not to argue with any kind of ipob youths because they think out of box , they are too aggressive in constructed argumentative discussion, too lazy to read and make their personal research, they all have this template negativity thought that anything should be done to always be against other region, they are too bias out of fact and honesty.... please don’t waste your energy to argue with them , they can’t learn and they can’t accept obvious fact ... that is why they are not developing to compliment their potentials ....
Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by adecz: 7:11am On Apr 05, 2018
: undecided undecided undecided
Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by nograv: 7:35am On Apr 05, 2018
Kingspin:
How much is the state budget? I don't belive in politics especially the one done in Nigeria. Like Dubai and Singapore masterly had a great plan,start and took their time to build a country. Today, these two countries are among great nation on earth right now. I'm tired of the great and wonderful news from Nigeria without vision and will intended plan/step. No wise person can go to buy fuel without having a car. Well, in Nigeria this is the type of governance we are running, doing the last things first. We keep praising ourselves for nothing . Start building a COUNTRY and stop favoriting politics, religion or tribalism.

I agree, I and tired of leaders without vision in Nigeria. Even if I were to ignore his tribalism, Buhari's biggest failing is his lack of vision.

The idiot saw Eko Atlantic and couldn't get behind it.

The Centenary Hills project in Abuja, the beginning of a Dubai style city centre collapsed on his watch. The man is a clown..
Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by Nobody: 8:16am On Apr 05, 2018
nograv:

I agree, I and tired of leaders without vision in Nigeria. Even if I were to ignore his tribalism, Buhari's biggest failing is his lack of vision.

The idiot saw Eko Atlantic and couldn't get behind it.

The Centenary Hills project in Abuja, the beginning of a Dubai style city centre collapsed on his watch. The man is a clown..
His only interest is in rice, cows and oil.
Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by CodeTemplar: 9:02am On Apr 05, 2018
FlyoruB:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

I think something must be wrong with you because I already attached the image of the data from NBS (if in doubt you can go to http://www.nigerianstat.gov.ng/ and download the full igr report for all the states) that shows just that in a previous post. If you are not too dumb to comprehend it, here it is again. Maybe you will get it this time around. Look at the bottom, 'NET FAAC Allocation' shows what the state received from the FG for the year, while Total State Generated Revenue is the state IGR for the same year. But I know you will still form deaf and dumb but at least others can see how stoopid you are.
You are the one exposing your ignorance here. Net FAAC Allocation is a result of subtracted debt repayment from the state actual allocation. Didn't Osun take huge loans Ib time past? So you think it is just the doing of FAAC that Osun has to repay it's debt from source?

Grow up and stop interpreting statistics like a kid. Stop dangling and interpreting facts out of their context son. Sokoto state is showing you that IGR comes before loans funded projects. sokoto can now go ahead and start construction schools without incurring allocation crippling debts.
Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by CodeTemplar: 9:05am On Apr 05, 2018
deomelo:

See, this is why going back and forth with you ignorant, bitter and disgruntled Igbos is always frustrating.

The government stated categorically in the article that I'm 100% sure you did not read, that to arrive at the increase, they repealed some laws militating against effective revenue, meaning the law was blocking effective collection, an obvious legal loopholes people are using to evade the taxman.

It is right there in the article, they explained exactly what they did and what's been preventing effective collection, but of course, Igbos cannot read and comprehend simple English words.

Only mentally flawed people like you suggest such rubbish that a strong IGR generating state with better numbers should learn from weak IGR generating states.

Your field marshall and hero Fayose in Ekiti nko? You conveniently forgot about him?

Now, why are you crying over Osun state? Why not your own anambra village where they are even too afraid and shamed to collect disclose their IGR numbers? Where are the only achievements borehole, keke ambulance and 1-year-old crumbling abomination bridge?

Abi Osun state did not commission more and better quality projects than all your SE states combined since independence?

Abi your governors and poor and miserable states the only governors in Nigeria commissioning boreholes and substandard projects?

Abi your worthless villages don't have arable land too? Why is Osun state still delivery more and better projects than all your SE villages?

STFU and cry over your borehole and keke ambulance village, Osun is ahead of all your villages combined and if you need me to bury with facts, I will in a jiffy.

And next time, read and comprehend before you open your rubbihs mouth.

One thing I like about you is you bold all of you comment cos they are all crap and save people the time needed to highlight flawed portion of post.
Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by Nobody: 9:07am On Apr 05, 2018
This is great news. Let the interstate competition begin!
Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by heilige(m): 10:42am On Apr 05, 2018
ManirBK:
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/sokoto-records-98-rise-in-igr.html?

This one na chicken change for Ambode and Amosun dem side cool cool cool
Re: Sokoto Records 98% Rise In IGR by deomelo: 11:36am On Apr 05, 2018
[s]
CodeTemplar:
One thing I like about you is you bold all of you comment cos they are all crap and save people the time needed to highlight flawed portion of post.
[/s]

I've was enough time going back and forth with you and your low intellect rubbish.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Seeks The Repatriation Of Ogun Refugees In Benin Republic / Why UNIPORT Refuses To Release Details Of Jonathan’s Ph. / Illegal Mining: FG Withdraws Suit Against Dan-china, 16 Chinese Nationals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.