Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari (19206 Views)

Why Nigeria Didn’t Sign ECOWAS Economic Partnership Agreement – President Buhari / Breaking: Lagos, Kano Govts Agree On Economic Partnership / Ortom: Why I Refused To Welcome Buhari In Lafia, Nasarawa" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by ally457(m): 7:36pm On Apr 05, 2018
Ok sir.... kahuta Kawai...
Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by HamzaAbdullahi8(m): 7:36pm On Apr 05, 2018
Very good move Mr president only literates will understand this,that bastard wailer should keep wailing

4 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by gmoni2(m): 7:36pm On Apr 05, 2018
ipasco:
Brilliant @least... speaking from an entrepreneurs point of view.

so other countries will be buying our goods, without them selling anything to us. open market economy is the best.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by ipasco: 7:37pm On Apr 05, 2018
fukushaki:
Buhari is a fool
Kizyte:
This one will just be giving silly excuses up and down. Buhari need a good Economist as an Economic Adviser
promise4040:
Only God Knows Where U got all your excuse from. How then did 16m people lose their job in 2017?
Buhari Weda U Like It Or Not You are going back to daura to take care of homosexual cows.
Okrikabail:
Buhari na goat.... Greatest of all time
AnambraDota:
Idiot Man cheesy cheesy cheesy
una doo ooo.
Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by ally457(m): 7:38pm On Apr 05, 2018
Ok sir.... kahuta Kawai.....
Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by jimrog: 7:39pm On Apr 05, 2018
The rate at which all this ipob ppl spam every thread on NL with hateful comments is alarming. Be like those ppl no get another place to be aside NL..

4 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by ipasco: 7:40pm On Apr 05, 2018
gmoni2:

so other countries will be buying our goods, without them selling anything to us. open market economy is the best.
they have been buying without them selling to us. E.g. Nollywood movies, Nigeria music, drugs, NLNG, etc.

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by hatchy(f): 7:45pm On Apr 05, 2018
Who coached him all these things he said, because ordinarily this foolish,idiotic,uneducated dunce doesn't know anything about economic mechanics.

Stupid man with empty brain.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 05, 2018
so Nigeria can not even compete with our neighboring west African countries too.

this is serious

2 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by JOHNFBOSCO(m): 7:49pm On Apr 05, 2018
15Ebisco:
President Muhammadu Buhari, Thursday in Abuja explained why he refused to sign Economic Partnership Agreement (EPA) among ECOWAS countries.

He said this was because of the need to protect the economy, especially the industries and small businesses that currently provide jobs for majority Nigerians.

Buhari spoke while receiving a Letter of Credence from the Head of Delegation of the European Union to Nigeria, Ketil Iversen Karlsen, at the State House, Abuja.

The President noted that the signing of the agreement will expose the industries and small businesses to external pressures and competitions, which could lead to closures and job losses.

“We are not enthusiastic about signing the EPA because of our largely youthful population. We are still struggling to provide jobs for them, and we want our youths to be kept busy.

“Presently, our industries cannot compete with the more efficient and highly technologically driven industries in Europe. We have to protect our industries and our youths,’’ he said.

Buhari, who commended the EU for its support for the rehabilitation of the North East, noted that the Nigerian economy was already being repositioned to attract more investments that will create jobs.

President Buhari said his administration will continually promote the culture of honesty and integrity in service, which will guarantee a better future for the youth.

“Our insistence on probity is to encourage people to be accountable, and accept honesty as a lifestyle so as to secure the future of our youths,’’ he said.

The President said more than 60 percent of Nigerians fall into the age category of youths and deserve to inherit a stable and prosperous country that they can be proud of, adding that the government will work assiduously to prevent waste and the depletion of resources by corrupt Nigerians.

In his remarks, Karlsen said the EU will continue to support President Buhari’s administration in the key priorities it listed; security, economy and the fight against corruption.

He said the EPA was designed to accommodate and protect some economies that would find it difficult to compete.

“We are hopeful that there will be a signature on the agreement,’’ he added.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/04/why-i-refused-to-sign-ecowas-economic.html

Its very hard to make the right comment at this point, because this article or the Buhari government itself have not totally revealed the details of the agreement.... Therefore it is very apparent that somethings re missing in the so called agreement
Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by Jabioro: 7:52pm On Apr 05, 2018
The same way the Dullardino subverted Lagos metro sub rail in 1983 and later came to the same Lagos in 2018 to commission Bus stop.What an irony of life,he sees nothing good in competitn.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by johnmartus(m): 7:52pm On Apr 05, 2018
Good move by Mr president .more one thing president should be consider is illegal migration .

3 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by kings09(m): 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2018
Flyingngel:
Look at the above comments, no body seems to understand what is written there. Nigerian youth, una no try oo.

Is it ur comment? How is their comment your comment. Abeg face ur comment cheesy
Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by BetaThings: 8:01pm On Apr 05, 2018
bigpicture001:
it's a very good move by the President, but a very stupid reason given..nigeria is the most industrialised west african.nation so his excuse is not valid.instead the reason his decision is ok,is cuz of the lack of competitiveness of our local produce, not in the genuienty,but on the cost of production. our lack of infrastructure is driving the cost of our local produce to be relatively expensive among other west African state

With table water coming from Ghana?
Dunlop relocating to Ghana? And Unilever doing so for some lines?
Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by Johnrake69: 8:02pm On Apr 05, 2018
greatsly:
This is a great decision by the President. All over the world leaders sign agreement/partnerships that seek to protect the Economic and political interest of their countries.

the EPA if signed will simply make Nigeria a dumping ground for cheap goods manufactured in Europe and thereby lead to closure of already struggling industries. we are a large market in Africa and we must guard it jealously for our own interest.

This is not true. Buhari and his Co travellers are just simply incompetent. Many west African countries depend on Nigeria for so many commodities. Just go to trade fair and find out how many trailers they load on a daily basis to Ghana.
Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by BetaThings: 8:04pm On Apr 05, 2018
Kizyte:
This one will just be giving silly excuses up and down. Buhari need a good Economist as an Economic Adviser

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The only reason you refused to sign the ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement is because you are a dullard.

Josnac:
An optimally confused man be forming friend of the youths because 2019 is near.

How are they even sure he understood what they asked him to sign

So why is Trump trying to tear up NAFTA?

Nigerian youths are too ....to run

2 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by geosegun(m): 8:06pm On Apr 05, 2018
brightmexy:
so Nigeria can not even compete with our neighboring west African countries too.

this is serious

It is obvoius that you are either a kid or very myopic in your thinking faculty.

The developed economies in Europe and China will flood Nigerian market with cheaper China and european goods via other African nations border without restriction, that will amount to companies here closing down cause they could not compete, in terms of economic of scale. Their target is mainly Nigeria because of the population. China did same for about 30years... kid...

If he does what you expect now and Nigerians start losing jobs. You will be one of those that will be gnashing thier teeth on NL that Buhari has sold Nigerians out.

I may never employ somebody like you if you give such response in an interview. It shows how dull you are economically, even if you have a first class. Children of Esau...shior

4 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by no1madman(m): 8:07pm On Apr 05, 2018
Yeye cow

Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by Johnrake69: 8:10pm On Apr 05, 2018
gmoni2:
protectionist economic policy doesn't work in this global village, you have to upgrade our infrastructures and open a lot of technical schools like Germany to be the Economic powerhouse in West Africa.

Thumbs up. Our leaders are so myopic. Lets take petroleum products for instance, most West African countries depend largely on products from Europe and Asia. We should be able to take advantage of this agreement in planning on how to flood the west African Market with our products. Lolzzz... I have to repent from wishful thinking when we can't supply our local economy.
Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by Ade3000yrs(m): 8:10pm On Apr 05, 2018
good one
Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by FarahAideed: 8:12pm On Apr 05, 2018
greatsly:
This is a great decision by the President. All over the world leaders sign agreement/partnerships that seek to protect the Economic and political interest of their countries.

the EPA if signed will simply make Nigeria a dumping ground for cheap goods manufactured in Europe and thereby lead to closure of already struggling industries. we are a large market in Africa and we must guard it jealously for our own interest.

Shut it if you don't know what you are saying
.Nigeria is poised to be the biggest beneficiary of the free trade policy if you dont know

2 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 05, 2018
Thank you my friend...Bubu may have failed in some areas but on this one, he gets two thumbs up.

greatsly:

Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by wakeupafricanyo: 8:21pm On Apr 05, 2018
IT DANKWAMBO TIME
Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by skitozblog: 8:25pm On Apr 05, 2018
Chaii

Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by Auki: 8:25pm On Apr 05, 2018
Good move Mr. President. Nigerian interest first, second and third. May God spare your life to do much more. You earn my respect and deserve my VOTE.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by Flyingngel(m): 8:26pm On Apr 05, 2018
kings09 post:

Is it ur comment? How is their comment your comment. Abeg face ur comment cheesy

thank you
Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by Johnrake69: 8:31pm On Apr 05, 2018
geosegun:

It is obvoius that you are either a kid or very myopic in your thinking faculty.

The developed economies in Europe will flood Nigerian market with cheaper China and european goods visa the other African nations that will amount to companies here closing down cause they could not compete, in terms of economic of scale. Their target is mainly Nigeria because of the population.

If he does what you expect now and Nigerians start losing jobs. You will be one of those that will be gnashing thier teeth on NL that Buhari has sold Nigerians out.

I may never employ somebody like you if you give such response in an interview. It shows how dull you are economically, even if you have a first class. Children of Esau...shior

Your argument really lacks merit. Have we stopped bringing in cheap products from China? There is no need for long talk. Just go to trade fair and find out how many trailers of cheap products we got from China that we re-export to Ghana and other Neighbouring countries on a daily basis.

Clothes, Electronics, Fabrics, Auto parts etc that we bring from China end up in Ghana and other Neighbouring countries. Africa need to trade more with each other.

We can't continue to discourage regional trade. The disadvantages is more. As of today, it's way cheaper to call China and Europe than to call Ghana. Nigeria has a big rule to play here.

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by Enice(m): 8:33pm On Apr 05, 2018
bigpicture001:
it's a very good move by the President, but a very stupid reason given..nigeria is the most industrialised west african.nation so his excuse is not valid.instead the reason his decision is ok,is cuz of the lack of competitiveness of our local produce, not in the genuienty,but on the cost of production. our lack of infrastructure is driving the cost of our local produce to be relatively expensive among other west African state
you say the reasons he gave are stupid and you end up agreeing that our industries are not competitive due to our high cost of production. Pray, tell, who is the stupid one now?

1 Like

Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by ujezeez(m): 8:45pm On Apr 05, 2018
Buhari dey yan portorportor...
Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by emxglas: 8:54pm On Apr 05, 2018
greatsly:

O boy go back to your village if retirement don hungry you
Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by cornel994(m): 8:55pm On Apr 05, 2018
pembisco:
Buhari is like the mumu guy for our street weh go impregnate the girl weh everybody de enjoy. You don't need any DNA test to know the results of his bad and evil governance

Well, who nose tomorrow
Re: Why I Refused To Sign ECOWAS’ Economic Partnership Agreement – Buhari by Nobody: 8:57pm On Apr 05, 2018
geosegun:

The developed economies in Europe and China will flood Nigerian market with cheaper China and european goods via other African nations border without restriction, that will amount to companies here closing down cause they could not compete, in terms of economic of scale. Their target is mainly Nigeria because of the population. China did same for about 30years... kid...

Thank you mr employer.. when e-rats comment you know by their tone. doing their paid job.....my question is not out of place. i don't know the term of agreement. And how do you want other countries to patronnize you in area you have comparative advantage and you won't patronize theirs.
Sorry I have things to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amaechi Vs Abe: APC Crisis In Rivers Gets Worse / Court Grants Sunday Igboho’s Aides Bail After 32 Days In DSS Custody / Afe Babalola: Obi Best Qualified To Lead Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.