Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,761 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:27 PM

12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition (22254 Views)

Jeremiah Adedoyin Wins National Mathematics Prize / Sara Hinesley Wins National Handwriting Competition In US (Photos) / Enwere Kingsley Ikenna Wins National Maths Competition (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by GrandPa01(m): 3:22am On Apr 08, 2018
12-year–old Beats 39, 000 Others To Win National Mathematics

A 12-year-old pupil of the Indian Language School in Lagos, Rishe Gnanasekaran, on Saturday emerged South West winner of the 15th Annual National Mathematics Competition.

The competition was organised by Nigerian Tulip International Colleges in conjunction with National Mathematics Centre, Abuja for primary five and six pupils of schools nationwide. Leadership Sunday reports that 39,000 pupils across the region participated in the competition, while the best 12 pupils, their teachers and schools won prizes. All the winners would be given scholarships covering tuition and accommodation. The overall winner got a cash prize of N300, 000 while the teacher got N150, 000 and the school got a photocopy machine.

The second prize winner got N200,000, the teacher N100, 000 and the school a desk top computer. The third prize winner went away with N100,000 and the teacher got N75, 000. The prize for the school is a printer. Winners from the fourth place, up to the 12th and their teachers also got various cash prizes. Mr Ercan Yilmaz, Principal NTIC, said the competition, organised by the college for the past 15 years, was aimed at developing greater capacity and promoting effective teaching and learning of mathematics at the primary levels. Yilmaz said there was nothing more important for the future of our countries and our citizens than high quality education for all.

“The Annual National Mathematics Competition (ANMC) has been ongoing for the past 15 years for all states in the country and we here in Lagos are in charge of 9 states namely: Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Ondo, Ekiti, Kwara, Delta and Edo States. “We had 39, 600 pupils from 36 states across Nigeria who participated in this year`s competition and seated among us here are champions.

“As we celebrate the 15th edition winners of 2018 ANMC, various scholarships will be given today to these future changers; schools will be encouraged and so many Math teachers here will go home motivated and elated,” he said. Mrs Ronke Soyobo, Director-General, Office of Quality Assurance, Lagos State Ministry of Education, said the prize giving ceremony was a reward for hard work and a preparation for future challenges and leadership role of young leaders.

Soyobo, represented by Mrs Bambi Falayi, Director, Monitoring and Investigation office of Education, commended the participants for putting on a spirit of sportsmanship. She urged the winners not to rest on their oars because there are future hurdles to still cross in their academic pursuit and leadership role. “Put on the jacket of academic sportsmanship, imbibe good moral, as your schools continue to transform, reposition and take you to the Zenith of your chosen career, ” he said.

She lauded NTIC for its commitment and dedication to the development of education, growth of its school and concern for the progress of students and the community. The Nigerian Tulip International College was formerly known as Nigeria Turkish International Colleges, an educational institution operating 16 schools in five states in Nigeria. NTIC is aimed at producing academically excellent, morally upright and socially responsible citizens for Nigeria and the world.

Source:https://leadership.ng/2018/04/08/12-year-old-beats-39-000-others-to-win-national-mathematics-competition/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by ameri9ja: 3:24am On Apr 08, 2018
Ok, but u forgot to call Lalasticlala and fynestboy

I dedicate this FTC to:

#AmbodeMustGo!!!
He and his little, arrogant, priest-sacking wife.
Little arrogant people.

I also dedicate this FTC to:
#Atiku Is Corrupt!!
US: Atiku Abubakar In $40 Million Money-Laundering
Feb 3, 2010 · A United States Senate report has accused Atiku Abubakar, Nigeria’s former Vice-President, of laundering over $40 million in suspicious funds into the United States between 2000 and 2008. And his partner in the lucrative effort was Jennifer Douglas, his fourth wife.

I also dedicate this FTC to:
#Buhari Is Incompetent

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by Riversides2003(m): 7:20am On Apr 08, 2018
Some people are just gifted. Wish you all the best in life .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by Kizyte(m): 7:20am On Apr 08, 2018
Dear Mathematics!

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by GavelSlam: 7:21am On Apr 08, 2018
An indian kid.

Kudos to him.

4 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by Tunasco4u(m): 7:21am On Apr 08, 2018
Congratulations
Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by mokaflex(m): 7:22am On Apr 08, 2018
Why struggle for 300k when I can attempt to 45M on BBNaija ?? Be wise cool

5 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by Auxiliary(m): 7:22am On Apr 08, 2018
Well, mathematics is one of the interesting subjects you can ever engage in... It just keeps getting easier and more fun as you practice it... It helps the brain a lot, you get to think far and wide...

A nice feat by the 12 Yr old, some dedication on the part of the teacher, parent and the boy...

Hopefully, he did become the next Einstein...
Kudos!!!

The only gift to your children is Perfect Education!

6 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by Jatinzbusinessc(m): 7:22am On Apr 08, 2018
wink

12 year boy in class 5 or 6 won the best mathematical price in Nigeria he beat his mate to it who where likely 12 and below cos I entered college @11

Me and maths are enemies we can not cross paths we can not jam if you doubt me find

X when y is greater than 0 and 2x is less than 1
Simultaneously until it is insignificant
This is why I hate mathst

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by PrinzEleju: 7:27am On Apr 08, 2018
Yeah,yoruba don do it again.
Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by nicebaba: 7:27am On Apr 08, 2018
mokaflex:

You sound duller than when NEPA takes light. You expect primary 5&6 pupils to contest in big brother

Kudos to the the wiz kids

19 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by QueenDeborah(f): 7:28am On Apr 08, 2018
What of best teacher award?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by Onota: 7:29am On Apr 08, 2018
This is the real wizkid

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:29am On Apr 08, 2018
Nothing special about the age, when the competition is among peers of the same grade.

The topic made me rush to click, thinking I would see the 12-year-old savant who beat graduates to the prize.

I mean, it's a competition. Someone's got to win.

8 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by flyca: 7:30am On Apr 08, 2018
I'm not impressed with the prizes.

Total sum of 450k plus photocopy machine for the school? Phew!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by Biggers82(m): 7:30am On Apr 08, 2018
The overall winner got a cash prize of N300, 000 while the teacher
got N150, 000 and the school got a photocopy machine.
The second prize winner got N200,000, the teacher N100, 000 and
the school a desk top computer.
The third prize winner went away with N100,000 and the teacher
got N75, 000. The prize for the school is a printer.
Winners from the fourth place, up to the 12th and their teachers
also got various cash prizes.[b]The overall winner got a cash prize of N300, 000 while the teacher
also got various cash prizes.[/b]The overall winner got a cash prize of N300, 000 while the teacher
also got various cash prizes.

just look at the Prizes given to best brains and their teachers
while some foolish He-Goats and She-Goats where locked up in a building somewhere in South Africa the called it big brother nija and they are busy eating drinking fvcking and moving around for three months and the end of the day one person will go home with #45m and you stand here to tell that we are all right nonsense

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by philpwresh(m): 7:33am On Apr 08, 2018
Immediately i saw the Headline,i thought he contested against senior secondary school students

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by seguno2: 7:34am On Apr 08, 2018
mokaflex:

Life is a marathon.
It is not a sprint or dash race.
Be wise.
Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by nepapole(m): 7:34am On Apr 08, 2018
congrats to my compatriot.

1 Like

Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by seguno2: 7:35am On Apr 08, 2018
Onota:
This is the real wizkid

True that.
You have said nothing but the truth.
Kudos bro.
Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by olatosina(m): 7:36am On Apr 08, 2018
Congrats to him
Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by Nobody: 7:38am On Apr 08, 2018
If u came for the name hit like..

Name checkers of West Africa

2 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by jy2kbeyond(m): 7:41am On Apr 08, 2018
That name doesn't sound Nigerian. I for know book If that useless Mrs. Oloyede no force me to start writing with right hand. I learnt left handed people are often genius and talented undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by ameri9ja: 7:45am On Apr 08, 2018
PrinzEleju:
Yeah,yoruba don do it again.

Is India in Yoruba?

2 Likes

Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by Nwaohafia1: 7:46am On Apr 08, 2018
NCAN disappointed
Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 7:46am On Apr 08, 2018
The prizes are too meager
Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by Nobody: 7:57am On Apr 08, 2018
I almost thought the winner beat 39,000 others who were above his age, congrats to him anyways
Re: 12-Year-Old Rishe Gnanasekaran Wins National Mathematics Competition by Tarivanessa(f): 8:01am On Apr 08, 2018
Wow what a smart boy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fayemi Sacks EKSU VC, Others / Sylvester Oromoni: Dowen College Resumes Online Classes After Shutdown / 5 Excuses Students Give To Their Parents When They Fail Their Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.